1,000,000 exact searches

by JoeUK
17 replies
  • SEO
  • |
O.k so I've found a keyword using G keyword tool with 100,000,000 exact searches and zero competition, it is a single word, not a buying word and is in a fast emerging niche. Now I know the competition refers to adwords advertisers and zero isn't necessarily a good thing if I'm talking about adsense so the question is should I build a site for it or not? Wiki ranks number one and always will do I think due to the nature of the keyword but the remaining sites on page one don't look particularly strong or well optimized and no I won't tell you the keyword!
#100 #exact #searches
  • Profile picture of the author ilee
    It's hard for us to give you any advice as we can't see the competitors etc
    Signature
    --~***~--


    --~***~--
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4763111].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      You are confusing adword competition with competition in the natural search results
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4763270].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JoeUK
        No, what I'm saying is should I bother building an adsense site if the adwords competition is zero. Won't that mean I will mostly get unrelated generic ads? The natural search result info I included was not supposed to appear to be related to the G keyword tool info. At a glance however it seems most of the sites ranking well are not necessarily optimized for the keyword and aren't the best quality as it is far from the IM niche.
        Signature
        Popular MoRoN.com - Because Everything Popular Is Wrong...

        Uplifd.com - Positive News, Uplifting Views & Inspirational Tidbits!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4763382].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaluuu
    are you sure the keyword is exact match ? and 0 competition?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4765035].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vask
    You're giving us too little information for us to be able to do anything. Any advice we give you is, at best, mediocre because we have no idea what the topic is even remotely about

    That being said, if you get can your adwords CPC really low, and you have a high CTR optimized site for adsense ads, then yes you will be able to profit. You also need to know that if google knows that you're sending their traffic strictly for adsense, you will be banned.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4765071].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steadyon
      Are you sure it is 100 million exact?

      Even sex and porn get only approximately half this amount.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4765130].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
    Make sure that you are doing proper research.

    What are the top 10 competitors backlinks/optimization?

    You can use a tool like Majestic SEO to look up this data.

    The "competition" bar at the top of Google doesn't really hold any grounds as I rank for keywords that have millions of competitors, but sometimes don't rank for keywords whom have less competitors.

    Look forward to seeing the data you gathered as 100,000,000 searches is a hell of a lot.

    Also directed at Steadyon

    There are a few keywords that receive upwards of 100,000,000 searches but I don't see someone ranking for them

    A few examples include:

    Google
    Facebook

    Ha. Those are great examples right?
    Signature

    My name is Justin Lewis. My digital marketing company has been in business for over 10 years with multiple six-figure years. We do provide a premium web design service.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4765265].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JoeUK
      Guys, absolute fail. I meant 1,000,000 (one million) searches, I've no idea why I wrote 100,000,000, it wasn't to try and attract attention to the thread I promise, lets just say I had been staring at my computer screen for waay too long yesterday

      1,000,000 is still a considerable amount of exact monthly searches though right? To clear things up I'm not aiming to use adwords to send the traffic to an adsense site I was going to try and rank it organically, I just thought that the adwords competition bar in the G keyword tool reflected the level of bidding in the content network somewhat, although I may be completely wrong?

      Yes some proper research needs to be done and thanks for the suggestions I will begin doing that soon.
      Signature
      Popular MoRoN.com - Because Everything Popular Is Wrong...

      Uplifd.com - Positive News, Uplifting Views & Inspirational Tidbits!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4768109].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
        Originally Posted by JoeUK View Post

        Guys, absolute fail. I meant 1,000,000 (one million) searches, I've no idea why I wrote 100,000,000, it wasn't to try and attract attention to the thread I promise, lets just say I had been staring at my computer screen for waay too long yesterday

        1,000,000 is still a considerable amount of exact monthly searches though right? To clear things up I'm not aiming to use adwords to send the traffic to an adsense site I was going to try and rank it organically, I just thought that the adwords competition bar in the G keyword tool reflected the level of bidding in the content network somewhat, although I may be completely wrong?

        Yes some proper research needs to be done and thanks for the suggestions I will begin doing that soon.
        Haha holy crap that's a huge fail for sure

        Go back and edit your entry in "Advanced Edit" and change the title because that's a pretty massive difference. (100x actually haha).
        Signature

        My name is Justin Lewis. My digital marketing company has been in business for over 10 years with multiple six-figure years. We do provide a premium web design service.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4771746].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JoeUK
          Originally Posted by scott g View Post

          I find this EXTREMELY hard to believe... And don't believe you found a term that gets 100 million exact searches - or a million...

          Don't confuse search results returned and with Keyword Tool results.

          Examples of EXACT GLOBAL MONTHLY SEARCHES:

          If you found a word that really gets over a milli exact, then there's going to be stiff competition - regardless of what you think. Adwords competition may be non-existent b/c it's money making potential is non-existent.

          Facebook's got over a billi b/c they get more daily traffic than Google! Diet, Health, & Insurance, Food, etc. don't even break 500k!


          GOOD LUCK!
          It's got one million EXACT searches in G keyword tool, I'm not confusing search results returned I haven't even mentioned that number but it's not all that big in comparison to other niches with nowhere near the amount of search volume, however I'm aware that you shouldn't place to much value on this figure. Now as you say the lack of adwords competition may indicate the fact that it has no money making potential, however I believe this could also be because it's a relatively new niche that hasn't yet established it's monetization possibilities properly.

          Originally Posted by Justin Lewis View Post

          Haha holy crap that's a huge fail for sure

          Go back and edit your entry in "Advanced Edit" and change the title because that's a pretty massive difference. (100x actually haha).
          Oh gosh yeh the thread title.. I'll get that changed
          Signature
          Popular MoRoN.com - Because Everything Popular Is Wrong...

          Uplifd.com - Positive News, Uplifting Views & Inspirational Tidbits!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4771918].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author scott g
            Originally Posted by JoeUK View Post

            Now as you say the lack of adwords competition may indicate the fact that it has no money making potential, however I believe this could also be because it's a relatively new niche that hasn't yet established it's monetization possibilities properly.

            By the way I wasn't being a D*CK! Just in case you maybe thought that... A lot of people think I'm a d*ck! :p Lol! I just calls it how's I sees it... And I's sees a lot of BS on here... That's one reason why I don't visit the WF's as much as I used too

            Don't give too many details. Don't tell anyone on here your search term/word. There are some greedy, thievin mother F'ers on here! Lol! I don't care about my sites... I actually rarely mess with them... And they have suffered in the SERP's But that doesn't really matter b/c I've got a lot invested in Fbook and print advertising right now.

            CHEERS and GOOD FIND!
            Signature
            scott g
            "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4773736].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author JoeUK
              Originally Posted by scott g View Post


              By the way I wasn't being a D*CK! Just in case you maybe thought that... A lot of people think I'm a d*ck! :p Lol! I just calls it how's I sees it... And I's sees a lot of BS on here... That's one reason why I don't visit the WF's as much as I used too

              Don't give too many details. Don't tell anyone on here your search term/word. There are some greedy, thievin mother F'ers on here! Lol! I don't care about my sites... I actually rarely mess with them... And they have suffered in the SERP's But that doesn't really matter b/c I've got a lot invested in Fbook and print advertising right now.

              CHEERS and GOOD FIND!
              No not at all
              Signature
              Popular MoRoN.com - Because Everything Popular Is Wrong...

              Uplifd.com - Positive News, Uplifting Views & Inspirational Tidbits!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4775464].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bateati
    Whats the word?
    Signature
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4768124].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alinpion
      Hey man you made us corious so register the keyword in com, net, org and info and ten tell us what is this magical word with exact 1000000 serches and low competition.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4768177].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JOleng
        there are many different words with almost no competition and many searches. Try "people" for example. 4mil exact searches a month and only 1st site in results is difficult to beat for that keyword. But does that mean that this keyword can produce good adsense income ? I don't know but I would guess no. Of course You can try and I hope You succeed.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4768279].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JoeUK
        Originally Posted by alinpion View Post

        Hey man you made us corious so register the keyword in com, net, org and info and ten tell us what is this magical word with exact 1000000 serches and low competition.
        Haha I'd love to but the exact match isn't available what with it being one word, so I'll have to go with a 'keywordworld.com' or similar which obviously means anyone on here, especially those with more experience and expertise could also register one and pip me to the post. It is 1,000,000 exact and 0 'competition' in the G keyword tool though I can assure you.
        Signature
        Popular MoRoN.com - Because Everything Popular Is Wrong...

        Uplifd.com - Positive News, Uplifting Views & Inspirational Tidbits!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4771316].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author scott g
          I find this EXTREMELY hard to believe... And don't believe you found a term that gets 100 million exact searches - or a million...

          Don't confuse search results returned and with Keyword Tool results.

          Examples of EXACT GLOBAL MONTHLY SEARCHES:
          [car] 1,220,000
          [money] 673,000
          [insurance] 301,000
          [health] 301,000
          [food] 368,000
          [cell] 246,000
          [diet] 165,000
          [barack] 14,800
          [president] 110,000
          [twitter] 55,600,000
          [facebook] 2,520,000,000
          [and] 135,000
          [but] 1,830,000
          [the] 673,000

          If you found a word that really gets over a milli exact, then there's going to be stiff competition - regardless of what you think. Adwords competition may be non-existent b/c its money making potential is non-existent.

          Facebook's got over a billi b/c they get more daily traffic than Google! Diet, Health, & Insurance, Food, etc. don't even break 500k!


          GOOD LUCK!
          Signature
          scott g
          "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4771616].message }}

Trending Topics