Sad end to my Adsense Golden dream

79 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I had been sitting and watching my adsense revenue grow very gradually, I had set, some 5 -10 niche blog for adsense, did lot of hard works on seo, but today I got account is disabled, all my apeal went wain, for the reason, invalid activity, but never did anything to that effects, infact very careful in that regard.
#adsense #dream #end #golden #sad
  • Profile picture of the author hatem
    I'm really sympathetic with you, but this is google, do whatever he wantsو NO ONE can ask him why...

    I have faced the same situation last month, and believe it or not, my adsense account which was disabled due to fraud click activities did not generate one click over 3 months, almost 5-10 clicks along this period...

    Try to forget and focus on affiliate marketing through your blogs, it's far safer on the long run...

    Best wishes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4851138].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ardley216
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4851155].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TopKat22
      I am so sorry to hear this but I've heard this many times before.

      I recommend what was said above, promote affiliate links on your blogs.

      I also recommend that you build a list that you own and control. And maybe even eventually create your own product so that you are in more control of your income.

      Good luck in the future. :-)
      Signature
      44 days in and we broke the $10K a month recurring bench mark.

      Guaranteed 60% Opt In Rate Traffic-Real People-Fresh Today-High Quality Biz Opp traffic![/URL]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4851174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author koreancowboy
    That's odd...I haven't heard many good things with Adsense, yet some people do pretty well with it.

    I wonder why that is...
    Signature

    I provide consulting for companies that use Adobe AEM...you can check out what I've done so far.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4851167].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by koreancowboy View Post

      That's odd...I haven't heard many good things with Adsense, yet some people do pretty well with it.

      I wonder why that is...
      That's because you spend too much time on the WF.

      99.99999999% of adsense users love it, and keep their accounts.

      The other 0.00000001% posts their complaints here.

      The more people try and shmooze the system, don't read or
      care about the TOS, and other shtuff, the more google will
      crack down.

      Nobody has any real reason to be worried. Nobody. But people
      bring stuff on themselves, then blame google for taking out
      the trash. It's google's program. It's not a right.

      There is no program easier as adsense. Telling people it's the
      best thing to get banned, or you are better off, or other such
      rot is just a case of misery loving company.

      It's quite funny to hear such nonsense about google and adsense
      on the very day they reported yet again, record profits.

      They have no reason to be lenient with anyone. They have
      no obligation to be lenient.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4868933].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dellco
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        That's because you spend too much time on the WF.

        99.99999999% of adsense users love it, and keep their accounts.

        The other 0.00000001% posts their complaints here.

        The more people try and shmooze the system, don't read or
        care about the TOS, and other shtuff, the more google will
        crack down.

        Nobody has any real reason to be worried. Nobody. But people
        bring stuff on themselves, then blame google for taking out
        the trash. It's google's program. It's not a right.

        There is no program easier as adsense. Telling people it's the
        best thing to get banned, or you are better off, or other such
        rot is just a case of misery loving company.

        It's quite funny to hear such nonsense about google and adsense
        on the very day they reported yet again, record profits.

        They have no reason to be lenient with anyone. They have
        no obligation to be lenient.

        Paul
        I don't think that figure is 99.99999999% at all.

        But, you are right that people bring disaster upon themselves and they have NO ONE to blame if they get banned, in at least 97% of the cases.

        Even right now, we still have people complaining that any CTR below 5% is "too low". They totally forget that Google's obligation is to the advertisers. So, if the advertisers are not getting a good conversion rate from your high CTR ad clicks, Google have no qualms dispatching your Adsense account off, at any time.

        It doesn't matter if you are a high earner or not. I'm seeing increasing cases of big earners who were themselves playing with fire getting the "invalid activity" ban email these days.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4869299].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author paulgl
          Originally Posted by Dellco View Post

          I don't think that figure is 99.99999999% at all.

          But, you are right that people bring disaster upon themselves and they have NO ONE to blame if they get banned, in at least 97% of the cases.
          I'd put it closer 99%.

          Normal people doing normal things have nothing to fear about
          adsense. I can't believe how people can live their lives, cowering
          in a corner, just waiting for google to hammer them. Why?

          What the freak are you people doing with your websites?!?!?!

          Paul
          Signature

          If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4871224].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sans
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        That's because you spend too much time on the WF.

        99.99999999% of adsense users love it, and keep their accounts.

        The other 0.00000001% posts their complaints here.

        The more people try and shmooze the system, don't read or
        care about the TOS, and other shtuff, the more google will
        crack down.

        Nobody has any real reason to be worried. Nobody. But people
        bring stuff on themselves, then blame google for taking out
        the trash. It's google's program. It's not a right.

        There is no program easier as adsense. Telling people it's the
        best thing to get banned, or you are better off, or other such
        rot is just a case of misery loving company.

        It's quite funny to hear such nonsense about google and adsense
        on the very day they reported yet again, record profits.

        They have no reason to be lenient with anyone. They have
        no obligation to be lenient.

        Paul
        I disagree with that I was a newbie with my first blog I was slowly getting clicks on the adsense ads it took over a year to build up to the $100 pay out and then some idiot messed it up by repeatedly clicking the ads so I got banned and did not get the pay out.

        I wrote asking why I was banned and they were kind enough to let me know they tracked the isp to Melbourne, but when I explained the isp was not mine but from the other side of the country and it was not my doing it made no difference to them,

        So I ask you if a stranger comes to your site and clicks on your ads over and over again is that your fault? and how can you stop it if you are unaware of this until you get the banned email from google?

        I do agree some people do try to wrought the system but for those that try to do the right thing also become convicted without a trial.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4870314].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Well, it doesn't have to be you clicking on your own ads. It could be also that you purchased junk traffic or something like that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4851172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bob Ford
    Yeah, Google has gotten kinda arrogant over the years, but there are other monetization options out there. Don't let this setback deter you. instead, make it a rallying cry of sorts. Adopt the attitude that not posting ads on your blogs/sites will ultimately be Google's loss, not yours.

    BF
    Signature
    Visit my Home Based Business School website
    Build a Web Business with
    SiteSell
    Free Ebook Attraction Marketing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4851212].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Welcome to the club. Cash bar is over there...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4851230].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mosthost
    The Golden Age of Easy Adsense Earnings seems to be long over. Now it's a hassle.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4851330].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by mosthost View Post

      The Golden Age of Easy Adsense Earnings seems to be long over. Now it's a hassle.
      Obviously you've never monetized Youtube/Adsense, it doesn't get any easier than that.

      Follow two rules:
      • Family friendly videos
      • Own 100% of the audio/video

      Doesn't get any easier.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5143985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenFighter
    Don't ask your own boss why you're fired..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4851339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 36burrows
    It's not only dealing with clicks.

    Rest assured there's a valid reason why you got banned. There's NEVER a ban for no reason at all.

    Claim innocence all you want, but you need to be looking at where you were getting traffic, ad placements and all that. If your ads were placed in a ninja type way in order to try and increase your CTR, you'll get banned.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4851369].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BloggingPro
    First off. It's going to be OK. In the grand scheme of things it may not even be much, and here's why.

    Have you heard of affiliate marketing? If your sites are already targeted into niches where products exist (evidenced by the fact that people are buying ads) then simply seek out those products or services and become an affiliate.

    Re-tailor your sites in this manner and see where it takes you.
    Signature
    You're going to fail. If you're afraid of failure then you do not belong in the Internet Marketing Business. Period.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4851405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jgant
    I wouldn't sweat it at all. There's way more money in affiliate marketing. Re-calibrate your sites for affiliate marketing and get into other adsense-style networks. I use Adsense, but it's a tiny portion of my income.

    Don't quit. Live and learn. You can carry on. Many people making money online don't use Adsense at all.
    Signature
    How I hit $10,000+ per month very fast w/ 1 niche blog - Click Here to learn more (no opt-in).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4854317].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Tyler
    It's really sad man. But never give up! There are many other ways to monetize your content than adSense.

    Mike Tyler.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4854456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rageki
    Dang that sucks, you should try affiliate marketing, It makes good money or try CPA networks. You could also try adbrite, an adsense alternative. Good Luck
    Signature

    Affiliate links aren't allowed.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4854649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
    That's why diversity is always a good thing. Don't keep all your eggs in one basket.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4854817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EugeneA
    When I got banned from Ad sense I smiled. I don't know why, I read of a bunch of others getting banned so I felt like a bad ass! You know, I was finally in the club.

    Ad sense is a good start and all, but I wouldn't recommend it as a serious source of income. Move on to something else and don't look back!!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4854929].message }}
  • I would move on to another monetization method and then plan for a third back up monetization strategy. That way, you will not get caught without a plan again, like you did this time.

    It is rough to get banned from Adsense but it happens to the best of us.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4855106].message }}
  • Google continues to crack down on sites whose sole purpose is to generate revenue through Adsense.

    If you build a site that is content based and actually offers real value and incorporates adsense you won't get banned.

    If you build a crap MFA site it's likely you will.

    Why? Because ADVERTISERS want legitimate visitors who will actually buy something... it costs them money to have MFA sites just pulling exit traffic which doesn't convert.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4855468].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by InternetMarketingIQ View Post

      Google continues to crack down on sites whose sole purpose is to generate revenue through Adsense.

      If you build a site that is content based and actually offers real value and incorporates adsense you won't get banned.

      If you build a crap MFA site it's likely you will.

      Why? Because ADVERTISERS want legitimate visitors who will actually buy something... it costs them money to have MFA sites just pulling exit traffic which doesn't convert.
      I agree with this, except for the part I bolded. It should probably say:

      "If you build a site that is content based and offers real value, you might not get banned."

      Not a guarantee, there are too many outside influences that can make your account a "risk to advertisers" even if you are on the straight and narrow.

      I lost my Adsense account when I got crossways of a syndicate that was scraping my sites and stripping out the links (or worse). I started reporting them, as requested by Google. They figured out it was me, and click-bombed my account into oblivion.

      After much digging, I finally got an explanation from a live Google employee. They told me that a) even though they could find no evidence that I did anything wrong, I was still a risk to advertisers and b) I was still banned for life.

      So my advice is, go ahead and use Adsense while you develop alternate income sources. Much like traffic generation, relying on a single source of income is riding an unstable bomb over a bumpy road. You don't know when, but sooner or later, you lose your rear end...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4857126].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    Internet Marketing - "It's not a perfect journey..."
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4857212].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author graymax
    Oh boy, I second the sympathies that have already been offered. Here's a question: if were making money off of Adsense already, you must've been generating some traffic. Can you monetize this traffic another way? Another ad network, affiliate links, etc? Just because it's not Adsense doesn't mean it won't make you money.
    Signature

    Gray Maxwell
    Hook em, horns! best kindle fire hd case best ipad 3 case

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4857227].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laptopwarmonmylap
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4857228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dapper Fellow
    Well, that's a kick in the head! I agree with the others that you seem to have learned how to move a site on to the first page, so it shouldn't be all that much trouble to do the same thing with Amazon products or your own product.

    I bet you come out ahead in the end just because you now have a knowledge base and skill sets.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4857271].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ruby2011
    This also applies to pure search engine optimization. You spent years to write great content and did your best to meet the Google Guidelines but one day, you found all of your hard work disappeared without any reason. So guys, when you get enough money from Google, you have to think up some other money making plan instead of Google as you do not know what's the next move of Google and your business is under risk.
    Signature

    Want to recover lost data on iPhone? Check this tutorial to fully restore deleted files from iPhone just in 3 clicks.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4857476].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zeus66
    I've had the same Adsense account since literally the week they launched it about 8 years ago. If your content doesn't suck - if it's unique and on topic, etc. - and if you don't do anything to break their TOS, you should be fine. But it's Google... they have a history of making arbitrary decisions and changing their minds. That's an inherent risk with any third party. So you become an Adsense publisher knowing you've given up control over the ultimate decisions re: your income stability. It's not for the weak of heart. But the bad outcomes are far outweighed by the good. I've made a good chunk of money for 8 years now. And I'm far from alone. Just play by the rules and give good UNIQUE and targeted content. Stay away from dodgy tricks and incentivizing clicks.

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4857493].message }}
    • google will always do as they want they are to big i would suggest to try out a cpa offers on those blogs they dont gonna ban you without reason
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4857659].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author outwest
      Originally Posted by Zeus66 View Post

      I've had the same Adsense account since literally the week they launched it about 8 years ago. If your content doesn't suck - if it's unique and on topic, etc. - and if you don't do anything to break their TOS, you should be fine. But it's Google... they have a history of making arbitrary decisions and changing their minds. That's an inherent risk with any third party. So you become an Adsense publisher knowing you've given up control over the ultimate decisions re: your income stability. It's not for the weak of heart. But the bad outcomes are far outweighed by the good. I've made a good chunk of money for 8 years now. And I'm far from alone. Just play by the rules and give good UNIQUE and targeted content. Stay away from dodgy tricks and incentivizing clicks.

      John
      how to prevent getting clickbombed
      Signature
      Tech article writing .Native English Speaker(with Proof)
      specializing in SmartPhones , Internet security, high tech gadgets, search engines, tech shows, digital cameras.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5585387].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jahangir87
    So this is why we should have diversification in our income sources.

    Really another unfortunate story.Join an affiliate network and start promoting product related to those blogs or also can try linkworth as an alternative to adsense.
    Signature

    Work at Home Affiliate Program, great conversions!:Seriously High Converting Work from home affiliate program

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4857869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Doherty192
    Don't get me started on AdSense. Long story short, I know what it's like to be banned for no apparent reason!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4857987].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sans
    I had adsense on my first site I waited for over a year to get to the $100 to get paid and just as it got there BAM! they sent me the same email as you said I had clicked on my own ads because the clicks came from an ISP in Melbourne Funny that I live in Western Australia so I thought okay you play your games and I will go else where now I make a little each month with Amazon and CPAs and never would go back to even thinking about adnonsense.

    So you keep your chin up and just move on as most of us here have done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4858227].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    My adsense account was banned years ago. I had done nothing wrong - they were on an authority site in my niche. My forum members were clicking the links - um.....scuse me? Isn't that what they are there for? Google didn't seem to like it that people on my site would click the links. I guess they only wanted breeze through traffic clicking links. Anyway - not my loss. I just put up more affiliate sites instead and make dollars instead of cents from my site clicks. Google gets insane at times. If they treated all sites like mine they'd lose most of their own income. Go figure.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4858344].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lovboa
    Banned
    Google does not ban for no reason. Although every who gets banned seems to think they did nothing wrong.

    Google is known for not telling people the reason they get banned...but I'm sure if they told each person the specific reason for banning them, they would go..."Oh, yeah...I did do that."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4859607].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by lovboa View Post

      Google does not ban for no reason. Although every who gets banned seems to think they did nothing wrong.

      Google is known for not telling people the reason they get banned...but I'm sure if they told each person the specific reason for banning them, they would go..."Oh, yeah...I did do that."
      I never said I got banned "for no reason" - I understand the reason very well, and I don't even disagree with it.

      As long as I was on that syndicate's **** list, I was a risk to advertisers.

      Even if you have a record of unproductive clicks (clicks that failed to generate some expected level of sales or other conversions), your site is a risk to advertisers. Some will say that it's the advertiser's responsibility to block their ads from your site, but Google doesn't see it that way.

      Suzanne mentioned putting Adsense on her forum and her members clicking ads. If the clicks/conversions from her forum were way out of line with similar forum traffic, they assume something is hinky and take the basic zero-tolerance reflex action. "Ban 'em all, there's plenty more where that came from..."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4860285].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dellco
        Sorry about your loss, OP.

        Now where are those guys with sky high CTR who proudly proclaim that anything less than 5% CTR is way too low for them?

        The OP has never shared his CTR, but likely it was too high. Google will never tell you your CTR is "too high"......and then ban you. They will always use terms like "invalid clicks"/"invalid activity"/etc. Assuming everything else is ok.....

        And yet there are people here happily declaring 10-50% CTR is normal. :rolleyes:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4862161].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JimmyR
          I'm dreading this day. My biggest earner by a long shot is an Adsense site. It is in a niche where there is almost zero other monetization methods. Believe me, I have searched for days in the hope of something, and I found one place that does $2 for a lead that has name, email and address. The adsense gives me half of that just for a click, so it's kind of useless.

          Knowing my biggest earner is at the mercy of the big G kind of sucks
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4862405].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author AfteraDream
            Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post

            I'm dreading this day. My biggest earner by a long shot is an Adsense site. It is in a niche where there is almost zero other monetization methods. Believe me, I have searched for days in the hope of something, and I found one place that does $2 for a lead that has name, email and address. The adsense gives me half of that just for a click, so it's kind of useless.

            Knowing my biggest earner is at the mercy of the big G kind of sucks

            What about going to advertisers directly and selling them spots to advertise? This is what Google does, why can't you? Everyone forgets that it can be the other option, not only CPA or affiliate marketing. People, if you get banned, do some work and if you are in top 10 results with some good traffic then you can still save your site...
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5142447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author learnrope
    To Peoplethat have been banned, yes you are banned for life, I understand that, but why don't you just set up a company, that company have a adsesnce account?

    or

    Does a site get banned by adsense as well?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4862847].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author phans
      Originally Posted by learnrope View Post

      To Peoplethat have been banned, yes you are banned for life, I understand that, but why don't you just set up a company, that company have a adsesnce account?

      or

      Does a site get banned by adsense as well?
      do get your domain banned i would think you would really be doing some blackhat stuff otherwise i think it's more likly that only the adsense user will get banned!

      and yeah like you said no reason to give up!
      even no reason to stop using adsense!
      try to find the mistake you made and correct it if it wasn't your fault you don't have to change anything like if you are the victim of a adsense bomb (one user clicking your ads mutiple times to get you banned)

      so open an llc and make a new adsense account this way!
      if you have a lot of sites open a couple of llc's to limit your risk!

      if you don't even want to open an llc than ask your members of your family or friends and if you want to thank them for the favor give them 10% of the adsense profits or whatever...

      so just DON'T GIVE UP!!!
      there are ways to keep using adsense!
      and even if you don't want to use adsense anymore there are even more ways to make good money

      so no reason to be sad buddy
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4868271].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author learnrope
    Just wondering if anyone knows the answer?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4868012].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fallen_Angel
      Originally Posted by learnrope View Post

      Just wondering if anyone knows the answer?
      Sometimes the domain gets banned. Sometimes just the user.
      I was banned before and just opened a new account.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4868106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunixlol
    I too got disabled. I just lost my first ever $1k earning.
    Signature

    Bored? Looking for new and freshly updated tunes? Come visit my website for your musical desires.

    http://www.thedynamictrend.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4869303].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Khal
    I got my account disabled this year.
    The funny thing is, it happened exactly 48 hours after they paid me for that month and it was a good chunk of money.

    My wife was so worried that they might take the money back, but that never happened.

    I was tempted to register for a new account, but every time I remind myself that I'm better off without them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4870823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    It's always sad when this happens and the appeal doesn't help, you could try the what you have learnt to get traffic to focus on other areas like affiliate products/services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4870984].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author khepworth
    Originally Posted by bighostchennai View Post

    I had been sitting and watching my adsense revenue grow very gradually, I had set, some 5 -10 niche blog for adsense, did lot of hard works on seo, but today I got account is disabled, all my apeal went wain, for the reason, invalid activity, but never did anything to that effects, infact very careful in that regard.
    i was thinking of doing niches with adsense but after reading that dont even think there is even any point doing it the right way if all they do is ban you still :confused::confused:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5142341].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anthony W
    Don't give up.. create another account using a family member's name/address.

    Or get another account created at adsenseg.com. Both have worked for me.
    Signature
    Looking to buy Facebook accounts. PM me!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5142707].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hammertorch
      Originally Posted by Tony W View Post

      Don't give up.. create another account using a family member's name/address.

      Or get another account created at adsenseg.com. Both have worked for me.
      yeah and please don't forget that even if you sign up for a new account in a different account holder's name but you will still be using the same domain name or website then it will still be the same thing your account will not be approve since the domain/website is also banned not just the person. I've experience that one, i tried using my brother's name but i'm using the same old domain name my application was not approved.
      Signature
      Live a laptop life style by working home base
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5143764].message }}
    • Try affiliate marketing.
      Signature

      Chameleon Web Services Limited

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5585435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrgood
    Originally Posted by bighostchennai View Post

    I had been sitting and watching my adsense revenue grow very gradually, I had set, some 5 -10 niche blog for adsense, did lot of hard works on seo, but today I got account is disabled, all my apeal went wain, for the reason, invalid activity, but never did anything to that effects, infact very careful in that regard.
    Of course that Google didn't disable your AdSense account for no reason. You must have done something wrong.
    Signature
    Horror games - Play the best online horror games
    Hunting Games Online - the best 3d hunting games
    Scary Maze Game - best scary maze prank site ever
    Igre Friv - Croatian Friv Games website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5142743].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cooler1
      Originally Posted by mrgood View Post

      Of course that Google didn't disable your AdSense account for no reason. You must have done something wrong.
      How do you work that out? Can you control what traffic comes to your site? i.e. dodgy bots. Thought not.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5143655].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mrgood
        Originally Posted by cooler1 View Post

        How do you work that out? Can you control what traffic comes to your site? i.e. dodgy bots. Thought not.
        Of course you can't control traffic type. But if you notice something suspicious on your adsense or analytics account (eg. click bombing) send an email to Google. They will solve this they won't disable your account.
        Signature
        Horror games - Play the best online horror games
        Hunting Games Online - the best 3d hunting games
        Scary Maze Game - best scary maze prank site ever
        Igre Friv - Croatian Friv Games website
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5147091].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Greenfatman
          You are so wrong... Never ever send any email to google, it's like killing yourself. I was just following a thread last month from the very first start. The guy post his site was bombing by some idiot and he was worry about it, somehow his followed a suggestion like yours...Guess what??? next fews days google banned him! he through he'd be on the safe side saying google what's going on, but he was wrong. He might be come here to post his experience.

          Originally Posted by mrgood View Post

          Of course you can't control traffic type. But if you notice something suspicious on your adsense or analytics account (eg. click bombing) send an email to Google. They will solve this they won't disable your account.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BigNorm
    I've been watching these treads and will be testing other ad networks such as infolinks, kontera etc. I know they won't earn anywhere near as much as Adsense, yet maybe enough to build many more sites. I'm guessing and I'm hoping someone will correct me on this, the services which are the largest in the PPC industry are also be the ones I would want to target for Adsense type sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5143427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 554
    Seems to me there's some googly agents here - either that or people fit only for internet cannon fodder. Creepy forum.

    How can anyone defend google saying - 'they must know what they're doing' . My first adwords account was suspended and I got a mound of emails contradicting each other - I still don't know if I'm banned for life or not ! Do I care? I only tried adwords out because google kept spamming me about trying adwords and sending me voucher codes.

    Yes, you sad google defenders - google, the biggest collector of emails, are spammers. Abusers of the internet. Unsafe for decent people to give them their email.

    Google makes Microsoft, Michael Corleone and George Bush seem like babes in push chairs. Power corrupts.

    I also believe Google are breaking trading law in Britain - but then they're smart enough to work from Ireland.

    I'm looking at creating a massive traffic generating site by making these jerks look the monkeys they are...

    The bigger they are...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5143876].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fraggler
    It sounds like it's time to make a Wiggles tribute band then - exclusive to You Tube - never before released songs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5144016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JudyH
    I've never heard of someone's account being cancelled because of inactivity. Yes, for fraudulent clicks, I mean how can you be in control of whether someone clicks or not onto an ad. Or maybe I just misunderstood your situation
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5475903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author solado
    I must admit after reading this thread - Im worried about my adsense account !

    I did some further research on Google themselves, and it doesn't seem to be uncommon for people to get banned with no explanation. As far as I can see if one rule is broken even if it's by a third party Google see you as a liability and cancel your account :/
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476254].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Hocking
      Google does seem to need a reason to ban your account and I think what is worse is that once it is banned it is near impossible to get it reinstated.

      Google has forgetten who were the advertisers that helped make them who they are.

      This is another reason not to put all your income sources into one basket.

      Here is a list of some possible replacements for adsense income.
      7 Best Adsense Alternative | High Paying Alternatives to Google Adsense
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476301].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dexter AJ
        With Google there is no knowing whats gona happen and when. Its like gambling with "Time" as your money.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476706].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author paulgl
        Originally Posted by John Hocking View Post


        Google has forgetten who were the advertisers that helped make them who they are.
        Google has not forgotten. That's why they ban the idiots who
        steal money from their advertisers....

        I think people have forgotten about the advertisers...and think
        they can just do whatever they want to.

        There is no viable adsense alternative except selling your own ad space.

        Just because people don't know all the rules, refuse to read all the rules,
        refuse to follow all the rules...refuse to follow ALL rules to the letter...

        There are many, many, many adsense TOS rules that nobody seems to
        care much about. I'll give you five.

        1) Follow all google webmaster guidelines, or at least don't break any.

        2) Follow all google TOS & guidelines for ANY google product. That includes
        +1, +, youtube, gmail, maps, you name it.

        3)Don't have a webpage that has no content above the fold. This has
        always been the TOS. Just now people are falling all over themselves
        about some new thing from google about ads above the fold. Complete
        lunacy.

        4)Your webpage had better have a reason to exist other adsense. if
        it doesn't, it breaks the rules.

        5)Don't put adsense on pages where users add comments. That's one
        that tons of people ignore. Why does google say this? Because
        users should never be able to add content to your page that an
        advertiser is paying money for. They should not have to see their
        ad on a junk page. Note: All comments are spam. No comment is
        ever going add value to a page. Plus, advertisers should not have
        to ever check to see what crapola is added to a page that their
        ad is on. Now chew on that one. Oh I know. Everybody allows
        comments and mine aren't spam. Exactly the mentality I'm talking
        about.

        I'd wager that over 50% of those reading the above are not
        going to give a rat's hat, and are breaking them now.

        I could go on and on. There are TOS that people just don't give a
        rat's behind about. If you did not know all the above, well, now you
        do. But it just shows how much people do not know.

        Read their adsense blog, webmaster blog, etc. They are always
        adding.

        Paul
        Signature

        If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476760].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Buyseech
          Originally Posted by paulgl View Post


          5)Don't put adsense on pages where users add comments. That's one
          that tons of people ignore.

          Paul
          I must admit I have not come across this one before. Its clear that the comments change the content (unless its a facebook plugin I believe) but I have read the TOS and have been following it for a while now.

          Could you post any links or sources to this. Its not that I m not a believer, but I just want to be informed as much as possible.

          Thanks
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5479900].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmolina88
    I'm keeping an eye on this thread just in case the worst happens..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476759].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tylerjaysen
    yeah bummer dude. Adsense and google is tough to figure out their next step. This is a good lesson to you to not put all your eggs in one basket. Try branching out into other forms of making money, cpa offers, amazon, etc and set up sites that don't rely on one another. I hope that you have some stats on the site so that you can gather some data and look and see where your traffic was coming from.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
    Paul sums it up quite nicely. Ignorance is not a defense. Read and understand all TOS and you will be fine.
    Signature
    Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477055].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Barry Fenner
    Hi
    This is strange... I have had my adsence account for a number of years and not used it n its been ok up to now. Cant really understand this...
    Peace Barry
    Signature
    Barry's Blog n Internet Marketing Tips

    "Everything is Relevant" - Barry Fenner
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477104].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author todawg_not
      Someone is always telling us what we can and can not do

      -Your boss at work
      -Your wife/Girlfriend
      -Google

      It's inevitable, at the end of the day your someone's bitch

      hehe
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477153].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Greenfatman
        Bloody funny... yes, you right

        Originally Posted by todawg_not View Post

        Someone is always telling us what we can and can not do

        -Your boss at work
        -Your wife/Girlfriend
        -Google

        It's inevitable, at the end of the day your someone's bitch

        hehe
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477477].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    If you have Adsense sites, don't "advertise" them and talk about them on forums just keep it under the radar to limit click bombing etc.

    If you can, have adsense on AS FEW sites as possible and disable on all sites which dont make money anyway, each unnecessary site is another potential site which can be click bombed or getting invalid clicks.

    Avoid places like blogger.com and similar which are highly prone to getting click-bombed.

    Treat your Adsense account like a treasure and be careful, that's all i can say.
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477145].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greenfatman
    Yes Paul in many cases is right...All of us forgot to read and understand about google rules...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477525].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
      Originally Posted by Greenfatman View Post

      .All of us forgot to read and understand about google rules...
      This is exactly what happens more often than not.

      I'm watching a thread right this minute where people are tripping over themselves to purchase a service that sets them up with CPA Redirector and purchased traffic which is then automatically redirected (read "forced clicks") to Amazon affiliate links.

      Clearly a serious violation of Amazon TOS but most of those folks either didn't read or do not understand the TOS.
      Signature
      Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
      CLICK HERE FOR INFO
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xxxJamesxxx
    Sorry to hear that bud. Try Amazon instead. I hear a lot people get banned, try Amazon and end up making more than they did with Adsense.

    Worth a bash anyway.

    James Scholes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5479936].message }}
  • my adsense account deleted and I had more than $100 !!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5585058].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mosthost
      Originally Posted by gone with the wind View Post

      my adsense account deleted and I had more than $100 !!!!
      Now you know one of the ways by which Google makes so much cash.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5585062].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Krish2007
    All those whose accounts got disable citing "Invalid Click Activity" should drag google to court. In most cases even without a single click for months, accounts get disabled by google. A day may come when no one will care adsense and google start requesting people to join adsense.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5585749].message }}

Trending Topics