Can a blog be made to support a site??

11 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I want to start up a new blog using blogger.com to suppport my site.I want to ask a few questions about that:

1:can that blog have same name as of my site...like if my site name is hxxp://www.pqrs.com so can I make a blog as hxxp://www.pqrs.blogspot.com...The main question is:will it not effect my site with anything like spamming..etc in the eyes of google..??

2:can i put the same logo as that of my site to that blog too..??

3:can I put some intro text of my site updation to my blog..??

Plz provide me with some useful reviews so that I can get profit of this blog just for making backlinks to my site and also driving some traffic to my site...
#blog #made #site #support
  • Profile picture of the author ammyjohn123
    The best chice is integrate the blog on your website then it would be save and same name of your website depends that anyone else have used it or not. When you have admin access of your blog then there are very less chances that Any spammers can effect your website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4965526].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vjandroid1
      Originally Posted by ammyjohn123 View Post

      The best chice is integrate the blog on your website then it would be save and same name of your website depends that anyone else have used it or not. When you have admin access of your blog then there are very less chances that Any spammers can effect your website.
      I dont have much idea about the thing u told me to integrate blog on my own website..can this actually happen if I want to integrate a blogger.com blog with my own site??
      Signature
      Android Tips | Best Android Tablet apps

      Market place to check out all self tested latest Apps n Tips to serve you the best and lots more..
      Definetly Best place for all Android geeks and Tech. lovers..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4965540].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vjandroid1
    Thanx to all warriors for clearing out my confusion...I hope I'm going on a right way...all the suggestion you placed here..I would try my most to keep up all...
    Thanx again..
    Signature
    Android Tips | Best Android Tablet apps

    Market place to check out all self tested latest Apps n Tips to serve you the best and lots more..
    Definetly Best place for all Android geeks and Tech. lovers..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4965757].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cataclysm1987
      You can do this but...why would you want to?

      After all, Google owns blogger.com. So they can shut you down any time they feel the need. That's a risk I prefer not to take.

      Google snap reviewers are getting super aggressive and the slightest thing can set off a penalty nowadays.

      Why don't you use blogging software on your own site instead?
      Signature

      No signature here today!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4965784].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author vjandroid1
        Originally Posted by Cataclysm1987 View Post

        You can do this but...why would you want to?
        I want to do it just for a simple backup promotion and also to create a good content based backlink for my site...
        Signature
        Android Tips | Best Android Tablet apps

        Market place to check out all self tested latest Apps n Tips to serve you the best and lots more..
        Definetly Best place for all Android geeks and Tech. lovers..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4965842].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author paulgl
          I have a blogger for each website. You'd be a fool not to, if
          that's what you want. The power of google is awesome.

          Nothing says you can't have both. A blogger blog, and a
          blog under the domain. Why people don't want to earn more
          money easily is always beyond me. My blogspots pull more
          cash than my domain blogs.

          While you're at it, set up a twitter account for each as well.
          And a facebaook fan page. And...maybe even a free wordpress
          blog...and...squidoo page...and...gee...pretty soon you have
          a whole backlinking empire giving your website a HUGE free
          web footprint!

          Paul
          Signature

          If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4965900].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author lalitbansal004
            Please Don't Use it...Because You Will make this for Your Compnay Blog...

            Blogspot and wordpress (Free) have some rules and Regulation ....if you not go for their Rules and Regulation ..Then They Will delete Your Blog...So This is Big For Your Company Blog That it is Delete..

            So please Make it in wordpress(paid) Like this..

            Blog.companyname.com

            Thanks.
            Lalit
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4965979].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author paulgl
              Originally Posted by lalitbansal004 View Post

              Please Don't Use it...Because You Will make this for Your Compnay Blog...

              Blogspot and wordpress (Free) have some rules and Regulation ....if you not go for their Rules and Regulation ..Then They Will delete Your Blog...So This is Big For Your Company Blog That it is Delete..

              So please Make it in wordpress(paid) Like this..

              Blog.companyname.com

              Thanks.
              Lalit
              No thanks. That's just bad advice. Blogger rocks. Period. Perhaps
              the most easiest, free way of making money on the net right out
              of the box.

              We are not talking about having ONLY a blogspot. But used to
              funnel traffic, backlinks,etc. Why would you NOT use it?
              Adsense, amazon, your own links, ads, etc.

              Paul
              Signature

              If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4966047].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Tom Albas
              Originally Posted by lalitbansal004 View Post

              Please Don't Use it...Because You Will make this for Your Compnay Blog...

              Blogspot and wordpress (Free) have some rules and Regulation ....if you not go for their Rules and Regulation ..Then They Will delete Your Blog...So This is Big For Your Company Blog That it is Delete..

              So please Make it in wordpress(paid) Like this..

              Blog.companyname.com

              Thanks.
              Lalit
              I totally agree with lalitbansal004
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4966351].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author vjandroid1
            Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

            I have a blogger for each website. You'd be a fool not to, if
            that's what you want. The power of google is awesome.

            Nothing says you can't have both. A blogger blog, and a
            blog under the domain. Why people don't want to earn more
            money easily is....on you have
            a whole backlinking empire giving your website a HUGE free
            web footprint!

            Paul
            hey! Paul thanx for your useful rply which gave me sure ness to continue my work..Plz can you give me one more advice..
            I just want to know that if I update my websites with an article..can I use title and intro text of that update into my blog.Because what I'm thinking to do is to just provide intro text into the blogspot and for more information I want the visitor to redirect to my website...
            Signature
            Android Tips | Best Android Tablet apps

            Market place to check out all self tested latest Apps n Tips to serve you the best and lots more..
            Definetly Best place for all Android geeks and Tech. lovers..
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4966266].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author paulgl
              Originally Posted by vjandroid1 View Post

              hey! Paul thanx for your useful rply which gave me sure ness to continue my work..Plz can you give me one more advice..
              I just want to know that if I update my websites with an article..can I use title and intro text of that update into my blog.Because what I'm thinking to do is to just provide intro text into the blogspot and for more information I want the visitor to redirect to my website...
              What you do, is rework the article into a short blog post. Add a little new,
              etc. And then tweet it, ping it, ...

              Exactly how it's done by the big boys. Why people cargo-on replies like above
              is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond me.

              If you are worried about "rules," then don't have a facebook, twitter, etc.
              They can shut you down. Don't have a website either, as your host can shut you
              down and google can ban you. Heck, just stay off the internet.

              That'll show 'em!

              Paul
              Signature

              If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4966445].message }}

Trending Topics