Private Blog Network: Reseller Hosting or VPS?

36 replies
  • SEO
  • |
If I want to build a private blog network (for personal use), should I go with reseller hosting or a VPS?
#blog #hosting #network #private #reseller #vps
  • Profile picture of the author PrincessJasmine
    Can someone please suggest something? Thanks in advance.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5033653].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webdevpro
    If you have no plan to sell the hosting then VPS will be fine to go with. Just for few private blogs, shared hosting too can be good and cheap.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5033713].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Neither one. What you want is a separate IP address for each site. That would be through shared hosting from a bunch of providers or SEO hosting.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5033764].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PrincessJasmine
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        Neither one. What you want is a separate IP address for each site. That would be through shared hosting from a bunch of providers or SEO hosting.
        Thanks Mike.
        But i thought even with reseller hosting, we can add IPs to it? (I guess this depends on the host).

        So will that work?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5039271].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by PrincessJasmine View Post

          Thanks Mike.
          But i thought even with reseller hosting, we can add IPs to it? (I guess this depends on the host).

          So will that work?
          What you are looking for is different C-class IP's. Every reseller hosting plan I have looked at has the same C-class IP, or at most offers one additional one.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5040205].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ajparker
            Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

            What you are looking for is different C-class IP's. Every reseller hosting plan I have looked at has the same C-class IP, or at most offers one additional one.
            Many vps providers with more than one datacenter location will have different class c's. You just have to fire up a vps in another city.

            Avery
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5040944].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
              Originally Posted by ajparker View Post

              Many vps providers with more than one datacenter location will have different class c's. You just have to fire up a vps in another city.

              Avery
              Which is far more expensive than just getting SEO hosting or shared hosting from different providers.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5041079].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BudgetSEO
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        Neither one. What you want is a separate IP address for each site. That would be through shared hosting from a bunch of providers or SEO hosting.
        +1 to that as buyers & even G need links from diverse IP addresses and not 100 websites hosted on the same IP
        Signature
        Let me Secure your wordpress website for the price of a small Pizza
        Weather Balloons Election Supplies
        If you need the ''cheapest'' quote, don't waste your time contacting me.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5043962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JOHN_RODRIGUEZ
    Originally Posted by PrincessJasmine View Post

    If I want to build a private blog network (for personal use), should I go with reseller hosting or a VPS?
    Warrior Shane Melaugh has a free course on building a private blog network that you might find helpful. Here is the link: http://imimpact.com/linkcontrol/


    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5033843].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ajparker
    Ideally you would want different class c ip addresses. So, if say you had a vps in one datacenter and it got an ip address of 23.2.45.103 and you added an ip you would probably be in the same ip block and get 23.2.45.120 or something... google sees neighboring ips like this and suspects they could be owned by the same company and probably gives a bit less importance when it sees a bunch of similar ips pointing to the same site.

    If on the other hand your vps provider has multiple datacenters and you can spread out across multiple datacenters (even multiple vps providers) and get ip diversity like 23.2.45.103 from one and 45.3.201.47 from another site... then you should be in better shape.

    I would think your best plan would be to mix it up from multiple providers though because I'm sure if ALL of your inbound links were from one webhosts ip pool that would look unnatural. I would think mixing vps and shared hosting shouldn't be a big problem. The goal would be to make it look natural. So, 100 sites in a single class C would look strange - 2 out of 100 in the same class C probably wouldn't be a problem. For that matter class c's can be pretty wide - so you might could be as far as 5-10 percent in one class c without it looking too bad. (For the example above - Class C is the 23.x.x.x block)

    Link diversity is what you want to look for though and in this case that is IP diversity.

    Makes me wonder about market share of hosting providers though... and content management systems. Most blog networks I've seen are pretty homogeneous - one cms is used across the whole network - in some cases even one theme (!) I would think a really good network could do several things to be less obvious.

    I wonder if google discounts (to a certain degree) links if ALL your inbounds are from wordpress sites for instance? Or all the sites are coming from hostgator ips?

    Avery
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5039534].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PrincessJasmine
      Originally Posted by ajparker View Post

      Ideally you would want different class c ip addresses. So, if say you had a vps in one datacenter and it got an ip address of 23.2.45.103 and you added an ip you would probably be in the same ip block and get 23.2.45.120 or something... google sees neighboring ips like this and suspects they could be owned by the same company and probably gives a bit less importance when it sees a bunch of similar ips pointing to the same site.

      If on the other hand your vps provider has multiple datacenters and you can spread out across multiple datacenters (even multiple vps providers) and get ip diversity like 23.2.45.103 from one and 45.3.201.47 from another site... then you should be in better shape.

      I would think your best plan would be to mix it up from multiple providers though because I'm sure if ALL of your inbound links were from one webhosts ip pool that would look unnatural. I would think mixing vps and shared hosting shouldn't be a big problem. The goal would be to make it look natural. So, 100 sites in a single class C would look strange - 2 out of 100 in the same class C probably wouldn't be a problem. For that matter class c's can be pretty wide - so you might could be as far as 5-10 percent in one class c without it looking too bad. (For the example above - Class C is the 23.x.x.x block)

      Link diversity is what you want to look for though and in this case that is IP diversity.

      Makes me wonder about market share of hosting providers though... and content management systems. Most blog networks I've seen are pretty homogeneous - one cms is used across the whole network - in some cases even one theme (!) I would think a really good network could do several things to be less obvious.

      I wonder if google discounts (to a certain degree) links if ALL your inbounds are from wordpress sites for instance? Or all the sites are coming from hostgator ips?

      Avery
      Thanks Avery.
      What are you views on the 'location' of the server (IP address).
      Let say if I want to focus building a private network for Canadian sites, should I get a .ca domain along with a Canadian host?

      I find it a challenge to find reliable Canadian SEO host.
      They are certainly not as popular and more expensive.

      Thanks again
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5039831].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PrincessJasmine
        Originally Posted by PrincessJasmine View Post

        Thanks Avery.
        What are you views on the 'location' of the server (IP address).
        Let say if I want to focus building a private network for Canadian sites, should I get a .ca domain along with a Canadian host?

        I find it a challenge to find reliable Canadian SEO host.
        They are certainly not as popular and more expensive.

        Thanks again
        Thanks for the inputs once again.
        Can someone please that question above.
        Thanks again.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5041912].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author chukcha
          Originally Posted by PrincessJasmine View Post

          Thanks for the inputs once again.
          Can someone please that question above.
          Thanks again.
          Does not matter where IP's are coming from you can set web site location in google webmasters tools in addition if your domains are *.co then you do not need to do anything.

          I would not worry to much about IP addresses as long as you do not cross link them and have a few different niche blogs.

          I'm in the middle of finishing my software development for blog management, and I'll use VPS with a few ip addresses 20 for start 5 web sites per IP different niche.
          I hope that helps.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5042109].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author dburk
            Hi PrincessJasmine,

            I wouldn't worry about IP addresses, they have nothing to do with SEO, that is just a fairy tale made up by hosting companies to sell you something you don't need.

            According to Google's published white papers on PageRank, IP addresses play no role in ranking pages, there is no reason for Google to pay any attention to IP addreses as a ranking factor, the PageRank algorithm works just fine without considering them.

            You can place all your blogs on the same IP and they will work just as well for SEO as a network on separate IPs.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5042379].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
              You guys are missing the point.

              If you are building a network of sites for building backlinks, you want to put them on separate IPs to minimize the footprint. If they are all on the same IP, you are leaving an incredibly easy footprint for Google to find those sites, realize they are setup for the whole purpose of providing backlinks, and then discrediting those sites.

              Now if you are building 5-6 sites that are all niche related, but can also stand out on their own as a viable website and you plan to interlink them, that is different. I would be ok putting those on the same IP.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5043498].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by dburk View Post

              You can place all your blogs on the same IP and they will work just as well for SEO as a network on separate IPs.

              Totally wrong again. I know you think I am picking on you Don but you venture into all these threads without knowing what you are talking about.
              As everyone who has ever had a hosting account setup up knows your hosting account consists of an IP address and the username of your account

              DNS changes on a new site merely directs the domain name to that IP ADDRESS and username. The whole internet is run on IP addresses. You completely misunderstand why people want different Ip addresses. Its that in the event of a manual review Google does not see all links coming from the same IP address. That would be a red flag and Google DEFINITELY has tht information available to them because ANY and every web based company can see that easily.

              It is not merely because of a suspicion that seperate IP addresses give you additional boosts (but frankly quoting Google would do you no good either way because that is not something they would reveal anyway). It s practical in regard to a review of your money site.

              So no one is claiming that IP addresses are a ranking factor in the way you are framing it. You just don't understand the issues involved and the reasons that its a good practice if you are going to build your own private SEO network. I am pretty sure you do not believe in these kinds of networks anyway based on previous posts but your advice is poor for those who are contemplating it.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5044704].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author dburk
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                Totally wrong again. I know you think I am picking on you Don but you venture into all these threads without knowing what you are talking about.
                As everyone who has ever had a hosting account setup up knows your hosting account consists of an IP address and the username of your account

                DNS changes on a new site merely directs the domain name to that IP ADDRESS and username. The whole internet is run on IP addresses. You completely misunderstand why people want different Ip addresses. Its that in the event of a manual review Google does not see all links coming from the same IP address. That would be a red flag and Google DEFINITELY has tht information available to them because ANY and every web based company can see that easily.

                It is not merely because of a suspicion that seperate IP addresses give you additional boosts (but frankly quoting Google would do you no good either way because that is not something they would reveal anyway). It s practical in regard to a review of your money site.

                So no one is claiming that IP addresses are a ranking factor in the way you are framing it. You just don't understand the issues involved and the reasons that its a good practice if you are going to build your own private SEO network. I am pretty sure you do not believe in these kinds of networks anyway based on previous posts but your advice is poor for those who are contemplating it.

                Hi Mike,

                I'm not going to take the bait on your straw man.

                I will just say that I think I am right, and you are wrong. IP addresses do not matter, I have done extensive testing on this and I am convinced it is true. I am not alone in this opinion, either.

                The original PageRank algorithm was sufficient to nullify all but massive spam networks, and Google has no problem identifying massive spam networks. If your network is on a single IP, no matter how massive, and it contains valuable quality content, it will be treated identically to content on separate IPs. Google wants to serve relevant and valuable results to their users regardless of who created it and how many different or same IP addresses are serving that content.

                You can create all the separate IPs you want, they do you absolutely no good if you are not linking them to your other pages, and as soon as you do, Google sees that as part of you link network. Using separate IPs is a zero net gain.

                The main point of my assertion is that separate IPs do not hide your network. Backlink mapping is Google's core technology and they already know of your link networks, without looking at IPs. It is just silly, in my opinion, to think that Google would ever need to see your IP addresses to identify an affiliated network. You seem to know so little about Google.

                There are many examples of networked sites that cross link to each other extensively, all while using the same IP address and never suffering as a result. I have never seen evidence that supports your assertion, just wild speculation. If you have anything, but "hear say", that you can offer, I'd love to see it.

                It think it is obvious to many experienced SEO's which one of us is wrong so often. You can keep thinking it isn't you, if it helps to protect you fragile ego. If it is me that is wrong, why must you always come back with straw man arguments? Hit me with some credible facts, ones that actually address my assertions, rather than your made up staw man bait. I am frequently wrong and welcome the opportunity to be schooled, you just keep coming up short though and it must be maddening to you.

                Really, why not just present your side and cite anything credible that supports your assertion and leave it at that. You seem to want to take this to a personal level. If I embarrassed you or somehow hurt you feelings, I am sorry, that was never my intention. Grow some thick skin and get over it!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5046219].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                  Don Sorry if you think you had to take it into a whole personal level but I am not interested in who can pee the furthest only on what the right information is for the OP. For what its worth I'll put my rep as someone who has built SEO networks against anyone who hasn't built networks any day. Nuff said on that and who is always wrong.

                  What you claim is dead wrong. You CAN set up sites that google cannot detect as a network. All the hand waving aside all a seo network is a bunch of sites linking to your money site.

                  If Bahamas international.com and bahamastofu.com and allabera.com and sophiesgirl.com link to you thats a network of sites linking to you. The only difference between a a SEO network and a bunch of independent sites linking to you is that the SEO network is owned by you whereas without one those sites belong to different entities. There is no evidence whatsoever that Google violates whois privacy and looks at protected whois domains and that is the only dead giveaway that those sites belong to you if they are in totally different hosting situations and you know how to setup a network. This is basic elementary stuff. Its you that don't understand how Google actually works.

                  Now I have no doubt that you do not know how to setup a network in a way that does not make it obvious that the network belongs to the same individual but all of us are not as in the dark as how to do that. So you can believe you have stated the right thing but you are of course dead wrong.

                  Most people such as yourself that have not built networks believe they are all setup like the ones you see with Home page backlinks services where there are 100 unrelated links pointing at various websites. A truly private network is not setup like that. You probably have visted some read the content enjoyed it and had no idea it was a site from a SEO network - Nada. Now you can pretend if you wish that buying links is not a very profitable and still extremely effective way of doing SEO and have many professional SEOs laugh at you but if Google were anywhere as near as you naively claim to being able to know all the links that were bought they would then have a shot of knowing all the domains that were bought.

                  So once again I am interested in passing on the right information not your claims and there is NO ONE in the business of building SEO networks that would put all their domains on one IP. thats is pure unadulterated nonsense for the very reason that if you did that and knew how to build your network in such a way that its linking patterns would not give you away having all domains linking to you on the same IP would be a BIG giveaway. This is not about some incidental linking of a few sites this would be almost all of the quality links coming from a single IP.

                  Thats the point and you can run round some more off topic to that point but it does not change the validity of that point for anyone who knows how to build SEO networks.

                  I'm sorry but people junk up threads like this when they have no experience or expertise in areas and still want to give their bad advice.
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5046314].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author dburk
                    LOL,

                    Google doesn't know how to map backlinks? :rolleyes:

                    Mike, I find your basic assertion to be absolutely absurd. That is Google's core competency. In fact, as I heard it told, the very reason Sergey Brin built the Backrub project was he wanted to know just that. He was curious to know how each backlink was affiliated to a website. Once he built his crawler and developed the PageRank algorithm with Page they realised that the information from their backlink project could substantially improve search engine technology and thus Google was born.

                    Sergey could spot your network back in the early days of his college project, before he ever came up with the idea of creating a new search engine. Using different IPs didn't hide any affiliation from him back then, and it never will.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5046375].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                      Originally Posted by dburk View Post

                      LOL,

                      Google doesn't know how to map backlinks? :rolleyes:

                      Mike, I find your basic assertion to be absolutely absurd.
                      Don stop being childish because you are stuck on a bad point. No one said anything about Google not being able to map backlinks rather it is their ability to map OWNERSHIP of a domain that is in question.

                      Using different IPs didn't hide any affiliation from him back then, and it never will.
                      Affiliation has nothing to do with ownership. If a site links to you they have created a level of affiliation. That affiliation does not imply ownership or bought links. It can be perfectly innocent. Stop trashing the thread with these useless off the point comments. You are wrong. Having all the domains of a SEO network on one IP is total nonsense and garbage advice.

                      Your keep running off to these side tangents when you are nailed on the silliness of the advice. You don't have a clue what my SEO networks look like because they are entirely private for my customers. Shocker - they have not been deindexed, they link to other sites besides mine including Amazon and CNN and the money sites do not share all the same network sites and they have less than TEN links on them leading to any of my sites. Like I said I can build them in ways well beyond your comprehension. I utilize HTML, Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal some have been social networks (yes my own), others magazine style. Some don't even link directly to a money site but pass through other sites that may or may not be owned by me.

                      LOL. You are clueless how I build networks but claiming to know things about them that would give them away to Google. Oops haven't yet. I wonder why?
                      Signature

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5046420].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author dburk
                        Side tangents?

                        I am sticking to my point. Why would Google care about the ownership of the website, Their users only care if the web page contains relevant and useful content, not web spam. If Google can map your backlinks they can easily find all your web spam, regardless of which IP you used, or what owner information is associated with that web spam.

                        Do you seriously think that they will view web spam as ok as long as it is a different owner? Please, don't tell me you think that. Or, just as ridiculous, they would seek to devalue quality content or links just because there happens to be an ownership affiliation?

                        I believe Google goes after web spam just as vigorously when the owners are different, or the IPs are different. And I believe they value quality content equally for content from the same owner as separate owners. It is in their best interest to do that and there are plenty of well known examples, yet I have never seen a shred of "credible" evidence to support your assertion. Do you have any?
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5046518].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                          Originally Posted by dburk View Post

                          Side tangents?

                          I am sticking to my point. Why would Google care about the ownership of the website.....Do you seriously think that they will view web spam as ok as long as it is a different owner? Please, don't tell me you think that. Or, just as ridiculous,
                          Jiminy. Talk about ridiculous. You need as Mike Fried would say to back away from the keyboard because you are completely lost as to what is being discussed.

                          Google cares about who owns a domain that links to you for the same reason that it cares about bought links. Or don't you know they do .

                          If a third party site gives you a contextual link naturally then that is NOT web spam. If you own the site and link to your own site then Google considers that "manipulative" and therefore potentially spam. SO who owns the domain has lots to do with whether or not Google identifies the link as link spam. You just pretty much demonstrated you have absolutely no clue what is being discussed.

                          I know you won't but you need to stop giving advice until you know what the real issues are not assume you do. Seperate Ips are beneficial to those building a network PRECISELY so as not to give away their ownership as manipulative links. For like the fourth time - having all of your SEO network on one IP would GIVE AWAY EASILY that they are all owned or operated by the same entity and therefore manipulative.

                          Sheesh. If you don't understand a thread just pass on it.
                          Signature

                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5046581].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author dburk
                            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                            Jiminy. Talk about ridiculous. You need as Mike Fried would say to back away from the keyboard because you are completely lost as to what is being discussed.

                            Google cares about who owns a domain that links to you for the same reason that it cares about bought links. Or don't you know they do .

                            If a third party site gives you a contextual link naturally then that is NOT web spam. If you own the site and link to your own site then Google considers that "manipulative" and therefore potentially spam. SO who owns the domain has lots to do with whether or not Google identifies the link as link spam. You just pretty much demonstrated you have absolutely no clue what is being discussed.

                            I know you won't but you need to stop giving advice until you know what the real issues are not assume you do. Seperate Ips are beneficial to those building a network PRECISELY so as not to give away their ownership as manipulative links. For like the fourth time - having all of your SEO network on one IP would GIVE AWAY EASILY that they are all owned or operated by the same entity and therefore manipulative.

                            Sheesh. If you don't understand a thread just pass on it.
                            Again I will have to disagree, Google has stated on numerous occasions that it is perfectly fine to crosslink your pages from separate sites as long as it makes since to do so from your users point of view.

                            It is only when your crosslinks are essentially web spam that they have a problem.

                            They have also said they have no problem with you buying links as long as it isn't done for the purpose of manipulating PageRank.

                            There are many well known examples of this cross-linking with no ill effect even when the ownership affiliation is clearly revealed and the separate websites share the same IP address. Google has no problem with relevant and useful links, why should they?

                            The truth will out you.
                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5046813].message }}
                            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                              Sigh. like I said you wouldn't stop being wrong. Some of us actually have done some real life work with networks. Some of us even read the recently leaked manual reviewers pdf where the things Google looks for are spelled out and oops Google does care who owns the sites and SEO networks.

                              They have also said they have no problem with you buying links as long as it isn't done for the purpose of manipulating PageRank.
                              :rolleyes:. Oh my... what a waste of time here....Thats the whole point of how they see SEO networks and you still can't get it. Google has a problem with manipulating rankings regarding any kind of bought links and that includes domains you buy for a SEO network. I'm out Don. I've rebutted you enough times and I think anyone can see your last two posts show you don't understand the issues at all. Its not just cross linking its a significant portion of your quality link portfolio coming from the same IP Its not about affiliation its about buying domains for the purpose of ranking. You've been in the wrong thread all along giving your poor advice.

                              like you said the truth will out you and it has.
                              Signature

                              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5046983].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by PrincessJasmine View Post

          Thanks for the inputs once again.
          Can someone please that question above.
          Thanks again.
          You don't have to have all sites within canada. You can utilize shared hosts which are cheaper than reseller hosting, Ranking sites within CA you will want to have some so I would look for cheap shared hosting. What you might be missing is that each shared host is going to have different class C Ips. problem solved.

          General advice - take your time and make sure you know what you are doing. Theres a lot that goes into building a good network and unfortunately I have known people who sink hundreds even thousands of dollars and to total waste.

          Originally Posted by chukcha View Post

          Does not matter where IP's are coming from you can set web site location in google webmasters tools in addition if your domains are *.co then you do not need to do anything.
          Thats a bit wrong. You can only set the location of your own site. However sites linking to you (as you would with a network) from within a region IS a factor for ranking in that region. Unless you are suggesting that she register all the sites in her network in webmasters as belonging to her which would be a kiss of death.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5044663].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author chukcha
            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

            .....

            Thats a bit wrong. You can only set the location of your own site. However sites linking to you (as you would with a network) from within a region IS a factor for ranking in that region. Unless you are suggesting that she register all the sites in her network in webmasters as belonging to her which would be a kiss of death.
            For every entity that you create you add a separate account for GA and WMT

            There are million of ways setting the network up, I found what works for me and I stick to it.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5044764].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by chukcha View Post

              For every entity that you create you add a separate account for GA and WMT

              There are million of ways setting the network up, I found what works for me and I stick to it.
              There is absolutely no reason for registering all your domains with Google analytics. You are not trying to rank with your seo network. All you are doing by doing that is making all your sites easily available to be manually reviewed and deindexed. OP only needs to get a few regular cheap Canadian hosts and thats it.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5046056].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author chukcha
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                There is absolutely no reason for registering all your domains with Google analytics. You are not trying to rank with your seo network. All you are doing by doing that is making all your sites easily available to be manually reviewed and deindexed. OP only needs to get a few regular cheap Canadian hosts and thats it.
                I did not say you have to.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5046067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ikmal Syifai
    I think I'll just buy some $6-10/month shared hosting from different company.
    They must have different C/B class IP.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5040075].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ajparker
    That, I'm not sure about.

    I would think you shouldn't knock yourself out to make the network exclusively .ca (although a couple sites wouldn't hurt.) Fortunately, I think just a good diverse link profile would be fine. North America would probably be good enough.

    Just looking at the top 15 webhosts worldwide.... by number of domains hosted:

    12 are US Based - 1 German, 1 French, 1 Chinese.

    There's a bit more diversity in the next 15... only 3 US/3 UK/ 1 Canadian...etc.
    Top Web Hosts Worldwide

    If it were me... I would build most of the network with US based vps/shared hosting accounts - and then throw in between one and a couple .ca depending on how big the network is.

    Avery
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5040079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RevSEO
    Mike is right...You need a large diverse pool of IP addresses that you'd receive from multiple hosts rather than a single host.

    If you don't have $xx,xxx to setup a network, I wouldn't recommend it. There are too many services around these days that you can sign up with to receive the same type of benefit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5041391].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kolbywhite28
    I think reseller will be a better idea. Since it is a shared server.
    Signature
    How I Made $3850 In 7 Days On JVZoo. [Click Here For My Uncensored CASE STUDY + GUIDE]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5043634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Wilson
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5044749].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by Daniel Wilson View Post

      I'd pick free hosting servers and a lot of them. I don't know how does that affect quality but I've read that different IP is all that is important.
      That's a really bad idea. There is a reason they are free. They offer horrible uptime and service. The links you build are useless if the site is down a lot.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5044843].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ingenyes
    I suggest a VPS with dedicated IP for improved SEO as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5047355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fortywats
    I think this is what you're looking for.
    SEO Web Hosting, C Class Web Hosting, 99.9% Uptime by Web Hosting Plex
    Multiple Class C IP hosting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5048590].message }}

Trending Topics