Its been said 1000's of times before but Scrapebox really is the essential SEO program

34 replies
  • SEO
  • |
i have used a few seo tools to build links but still to this day, most of my best backlinks come from blog comments, if done rightt hey can be very very effective in ranking

I was just checking over my backlinks and the ones that seem to be giving me the most link juice are the ones that i created manually by scrapebox.

It cost me $50 and the amount of things you can do with it is just simply staggering.

I recently did a few trackback blasts and found i managed to get quite a few to stick which is good. its nice to know if you do it right you still can get the automation side of scrapebox to be effective.

However comment blasts are long dead, find the sites and then manually comment on each one.

I have 10 pr4 backlinks pointing to my site that took me 1-2 mins each to read the post and leave a relevant comment. its realy not that hard.

if anyone is new to IM and looking for a bit of software to get them started, i highly suggest you get this.
#essential #program #scrapebox #seo #times
  • Profile picture of the author Ohioquotes
    I have resisted the temptation to use Scrabebox for a while. Maybe I am truly missing out on making things easier.

    But are there any negatives or risks? I would hate to jeopardize all of the hard work and solid results I have gotten over the years.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5051005].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Ohioquotes View Post

      I have resisted the temptation to use Scrabebox for a while. Maybe I am truly missing out on making things easier.

      But are there any negatives or risks? I would hate to jeopardize all of the hard work and solid results I have gotten over the years.
      the only negative is that you need private proxies

      i pay $5 per month for 5 private proxies, seeing as i dont do many blasts i only need scrapebox for harvesting and scraping so i dont actually need many proxies

      you should do your commenting manually so you will only need a few proxies like me.

      That really is the only downside

      Its so easy to find relevant, high PR blogs for you to comment on.

      you can build a decent list of pr1+ sites all relevant to your niche in about 15 mins.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5051029].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Melissa82
        Originally Posted by high_plains_drifter View Post

        the only negative is that you need private proxies

        i pay $5 per month for 5 private proxies, seeing as i dont do many blasts i only need scrapebox for harvesting and scraping so i dont actually need many proxies
        Please tell me where you can get private proxies for $1 each without a bulk purchase.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5053703].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dayes
    I hate scrapebox with a passion, everyday my sites are spammed with useless comments from this god awful program.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5054004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author barneystinson
    can you please elaborate on how you use scrapebox
    isn't scrapebox there to post comments automatically?
    why are then reading the blog post and posting comments?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5054206].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cool Hand Luke
    Scrapebox is SPAMMING software, and it does it badly, no less. There are a lot of easier and more ethical ways to get great rankings, you don't need garbage like scrapebox.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5054297].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Melissa82 View Post

      Please tell me where you can get private proxies for $1 each without a bulk purchase.
      you are selling proxies yourself..... :confused:

      Originally Posted by barneystinson View Post

      can you please elaborate on how you use scrapebox
      isn't scrapebox there to post comments automatically?
      why are then reading the blog post and posting comments?
      - really simple, just scrape a ton of keywords using the keyword scraper which are related to your niche

      - then just harvest wordpress blogs with these keywords

      - then do PR check and filter out all the low pr blogs, some peoples cut off point is pr4,3. i will usually post on anything above pr1

      - run the high pr blogs through the blog analyzer addon to make sure you can post on them

      - now you have a nice list ready for manual posting

      it really is that easy

      Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post

      Scrapebox is SPAMMING software, and it does it badly, no less. There are a lot of easier and more ethical ways to get great rankings, you don't need garbage like scrapebox.
      its spamming software if you use it for that, most savvy people have realised this by now and no longer use it for that. Its an excellent tool for doing what i have mentioned above

      i dont know other tools that can do so many things scrapebox does for just $50, so i would say you are wrong
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5054474].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kirahster
      Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post

      Scrapebox is SPAMMING software, and it does it badly, no less. There are a lot of easier and more ethical ways to get great rankings, you don't need garbage like scrapebox.
      LOL!!! Love comments like this.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5056572].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post

      Scrapebox is SPAMMING software, and it does it badly, no less. There are a lot of easier and more ethical ways to get great rankings, you don't need garbage like scrapebox.
      That's funny. Because I've had Scrapebox running over the past 30 hours and not once have I used it to comment spam during that time.

      Scrapebox can do A LOT MORE than just leave automated comments on blogs.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5056603].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author pwtmike
        Originally Posted by JSProjects View Post

        That's funny. Because I've had Scrapebox running over the past 30 hours and not once have I used it to comment spam during that time.

        Scrapebox can do A LOT MORE than just leave automated comments on blogs.
        Right, I don't use SB for anything like that either... Why do people make statements about things [software] that they have never used? I don't get it. You can write a virus and infect 100,000 computers and force them to DoS attack a site, does that make WindowsXP bad? :confused:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5065615].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author phans
      Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post

      Scrapebox is SPAMMING software, and it does it badly, no less. There are a lot of easier and more ethical ways to get great rankings, you don't need garbage like scrapebox.
      so wrong...
      scrapebox is an great tool if used the right way!
      yes sb can be used to spam but it doesn't has to be and imo to get the best seo impact you should never spam anyways...

      to make generalizations just because of one out of thousand ways to use this tool isn't right imo...

      just my 2 cent
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5076397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author commoditytrainer
    Scrapebox is a joke in my opinion, it is automated spamming software and if Google knew anything about it your site would go into the abyss of rankings. We have a blog and every single hour the scrapebox flybys are coming into post stupid non-relevant content to our blog.

    I don't know how to use scrapebox and I am glad. I do know they put in the software wordpress look for seo companies and the like, and let the software run.

    Totally against it, and yes you should do your posting manually, of course.
    Signature
    If you want insurance quotes then check out one of the best ways to compare at http://www.autoinsuresavings.org and your insurance costs could be reduced to more than you think?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5056625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
    I don't know how to use scrapebox and I am glad.
    Really? That's too bad.

    Does anyone know of any other software that can turn 5 keywords into 5,000+, harvest thousands of different blog posts, forums, standard URL's, etc, with the press of a button, run PR checks on thousands of pages at once, remove duplicate content from a million different lines of text, check to see if your backlinks are active on thousands of different pages, increase YouTube views (using a slow poster trick), clean list of thousands of proxies, check the dofollow / nofollow status of links, extract the external links of thousands of pages at once, reverse engineer the backlinks of thousands of sites at once, determine if a blog post is open for comments, search through thousands of expired domains and give you their PR + price, check to see if a page is alive or dead, etc...etc...?

    I had to stop because my fingers were getting tired.

    And really, that just a tiny fraction of what SB can do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5056711].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author commoditytrainer
      Originally Posted by JSProjects View Post

      Really? That's too bad.

      Does anyone know of any other software that can turn 5 keywords into 5,000+, harvest thousands of different blog posts, forums, standard URL's, etc, with the press of a button, run PR checks on thousands of pages at once, remove duplicate content from a million different lines of text, check to see if your backlinks are active on thousands of different pages, increase YouTube views (using a slow poster trick), clean list of thousands of proxies, check the dofollow / nofollow status of links, extract the external links of thousands of pages at once, reverse engineer the backlinks of thousands of sites at once, determine if a blog post is open for comments, search through thousands of expired domains and give you their PR + price, check to see if a page is alive or dead, etc...etc...?

      I had to stop because my fingers were getting tired.

      And really, that just a tiny fraction of what SB can do.
      Hey, I don't want to learn scrapbox! Left the "e" on purpose. In your sig you can give 6000 plus links. I don't want 6000 links, this is what I want if you can do it with your scrapbox:

      I want ten PR 8, actually PR 8 links, not some song and dance where the homepage is PR 8 and you claim to give PR 8 links, that is not the case. True link building involves getting the PR 8 links which "actually" come from a page that is PR 8, not some new page where the homepage is PR 8.

      I challenge you, and would like to know, with your scrapbox, if you can get ten true PR 8 backlinks, if so then I would say that scrapbox may be have the standard it deserves, but I do not know of one ethical SEO firm that is going to use scrapbox.
      Signature
      If you want insurance quotes then check out one of the best ways to compare at http://www.autoinsuresavings.org and your insurance costs could be reduced to more than you think?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5057912].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bitriot
        Originally Posted by commoditytrainer View Post

        I challenge you, and would like to know, with your scrapbox, if you can get ten true PR 8 backlinks, if so then I would say that scrapbox may be have the standard it deserves, but I do not know of one ethical SEO firm that is going to use scrapbox.
        This is EXACTLY what all the people here telling you that scrape box can be used for purposes other than spamming are trying to tell you. You can SCRAPE high pr BLOG POSTS and then MANUALLY post to them. Open your mind and stop arguing about things you admit you don't even know.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5058390].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
        Originally Posted by commoditytrainer View Post

        Hey, I don't want to learn scrapbox! Left the "e" on purpose. In your sig you can give 6000 plus links. I don't want 6000 links, this is what I want if you can do it with your scrapbox:

        I want ten PR 8, actually PR 8 links, not some song and dance where the homepage is PR 8 and you claim to give PR 8 links, that is not the case. True link building involves getting the PR 8 links which "actually" come from a page that is PR 8, not some new page where the homepage is PR 8.

        I challenge you, and would like to know, with your scrapbox, if you can get ten true PR 8 backlinks, if so then I would say that scrapbox may be have the standard it deserves, but I do not know of one ethical SEO firm that is going to use scrapbox.
        That's one of the things I hate the most. So many "link builders" claim that they can give you thousands of high PR backlinks. When, in fact, these are a bunch of PR N/A backlinks from domains that have PR.

        As far as what I use Scrapebox for - mainly I use it to find moderated dofollow blogs. VERY FEW blogs are dofollow these days, so it takes a pretty long time. I'd say about 1-2% of the blogs I come across are dofollow.

        Moderated blogs help keep the spammers at bay. They also give me a chance to leave a QUALITY comment and get a dofollow backlink in return. I very rarely use the fast poster feature inside of Scrapebox.

        By the way, with Scrapebox you could definitely find 10 PR8 (page PR, not domain) pages to create backlinks on. It doesn't even have to be a blog platform, since SB can use any footprint you input. It would just take time. But it can be done.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5066218].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author pwtmike
          Originally Posted by JSProjects View Post

          They also give me a chance to leave a QUALITY comment and get a dofollow backlink in return.
          same here. find the URLs and leave a well stated comment with your link. best approach.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5066240].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author grafx77
          Originally Posted by JSProjects View Post

          That's one of the things I hate the most. So many "link builders" claim that they can give you thousands of high PR backlinks. When, in fact, these are a bunch of PR N/A backlinks from domains that have PR.

          As far as what I use Scrapebox for - mainly I use it to find moderated dofollow blogs. VERY FEW blogs are dofollow these days, so it takes a pretty long time. I'd say about 1-2% of the blogs I come across are dofollow.

          Moderated blogs help keep the spammers at bay. They also give me a chance to leave a QUALITY comment and get a dofollow backlink in return. I very rarely use the fast poster feature inside of Scrapebox.

          By the way, with Scrapebox you could definitely find 10 PR8 (page PR, not domain) pages to create backlinks on. It doesn't even have to be a blog platform, since SB can use any footprint you input. It would just take time. But it can be done.
          I agree! Every single traffic tool out there can be used for SPAM purposes, but many of the smart marketers realize that their time is better spent on building quality than quantity.

          You also made a great point, which I was about to make in regards to "High Plains" posts. Yes, he found a number of blogs to comment on for backlinks, but im sure only 1-3% had dofollow. It is extremely important to find dofollow blogs, even though nofollow are good to have from time to time....they still don't measure up.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5067374].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
            Originally Posted by grafx77 View Post

            I agree! Every single traffic tool out there can be used for SPAM purposes, but many of the smart marketers realize that their time is better spent on building quality than quantity.

            You also made a great point, which I was about to make in regards to "High Plains" posts. Yes, he found a number of blogs to comment on for backlinks, but im sure only 1-3% had dofollow. It is extremely important to find dofollow blogs, even though nofollow are good to have from time to time....they still don't measure up.
            Well, I definitely wouldn't turn down a nofollow link. At the very least it can help your link diversity. Also, you COULD get lucky and drive a fair amount of traffic from the link itself. I've seen this myself from time to time.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5071247].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author grafx77
              Originally Posted by JSProjects View Post

              Well, I definitely wouldn't turn down a nofollow link. At the very least it can help your link diversity. Also, you COULD get lucky and drive a fair amount of traffic from the link itself. I've seen this myself from time to time.
              Yep! Didn't say I would turn them down, but definitely won't go out of my way for one. It does help with diversity and on that rare occasion......traffic.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5072612].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Guru SEO
      Originally Posted by JSProjects View Post

      Really? That's too bad.

      Does anyone know of any other software that can turn 5 keywords into 5,000+, harvest thousands of different blog posts, forums, standard URL's, etc, with the press of a button, run PR checks on thousands of pages at once, remove duplicate content from a million different lines of text, check to see if your backlinks are active on thousands of different pages, increase YouTube views (using a slow poster trick), clean list of thousands of proxies, check the dofollow / nofollow status of links, extract the external links of thousands of pages at once, reverse engineer the backlinks of thousands of sites at once, determine if a blog post is open for comments, search through thousands of expired domains and give you their PR + price, check to see if a page is alive or dead, etc...etc...?

      I had to stop because my fingers were getting tired.

      And really, that just a tiny fraction of what SB can do.

      I guess his signature says it all, where do you think he can find all these dofollow high PR links. Scrapebox.

      Scrapebox is a spamming software for most newbies out there,but once you have SEO experience you realize you can use this tool to find forums, blogs, article directory related to your niche, that you can then manually give a good comment or post. You also have full of extra addons that really improve productivity.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5074683].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author backlinksninja
    If you don't know how to use neuclear energy...better not to use it as that might harm the "mankind". :-)

    Unfortunately, most use this tool to spam. You are happy to get a 1000s of link high PR, follow or whatever and then what??? Happy posting those junk unrelated comments and happy that end of the day achievement of posting xxxx comments. So how many of those "sore thumb comment" see the light at the end?

    SB is a good scraper tool. You can use the reports for various purpose and link building strategies but better avoid it's automated blog posts. It doesn't help! and waste of time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5057046].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    Scrapebox is like a gun, it can be used for positive results as well as negative one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5057536].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author commoditytrainer
      Originally Posted by johnben1444 View Post

      Scrapebox is like a gun, it can be used for positive results as well as negative one.
      As per Google guidelines and following the ethics of white hat SEO, please give me a positive result that you are aware of, or have done?

      What is the ranking for your keywords?

      How is your website doing?

      How much traffic do you get?

      What is your conversion rate to clients?

      These are things I would like to know that are positive for scrapbox.

      I look forward to your reply.
      Signature
      If you want insurance quotes then check out one of the best ways to compare at http://www.autoinsuresavings.org and your insurance costs could be reduced to more than you think?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5057873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dracoboar
    OK here is my question. You keep talking about pr 4 blogs etc. But once the blog owner publishes a new post wont your comment and link get moved to a pr0 page deep in his or her blog?

    sure its a relevent link but still it is a pr0 or am i missing something?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5058419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JeremyShawaf
    SENUKE > SCRAP SH**

    Signature

    -Jeremy Shawaf

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5061079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jake Draper
    I've used scrapebox, and I did like it. However, I haven't used it for a very long time. And It is like a "spamming tool". I have one dislike...proxy timeouts.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5066322].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
      Originally Posted by Jake Draper View Post

      I've used scrapebox, and I did like it. However, I haven't used it for a very long time. And It is like a "spamming tool". I have one dislike...proxy timeouts.
      SB works best with private or semi-dedicated proxies. 5 or 10 should really be all you need unless you're doing things on a massive scale.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5066498].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author pwtmike
        Originally Posted by JSProjects View Post

        SB works best with private or semi-dedicated proxies. 5 or 10 should really be all you need unless you're doing things on a massive scale.
        jsprojects what do you use or recommend for a private proxy setup?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5066566].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Courtney Lee
    Not even close! Scrapebox was the 'essential,' if you even want to go that far, SEO software--those days are long gone as SEO experts understand.

    I ranked for 'how to lose weight fast' all too quickly to have SB be caricatured as an essential.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5073194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
    I've heard a bit about this software. Thanks for sharing! May look into it..

    =-D

    -Omar
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5074117].message }}

Trending Topics