How To Push The Rankings Forward When They Are Stuck In 2nd Page For a Long Time

12 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Dear Fellow Warriors,

This is Sridhar from Va4World a SEO company from India, we have provided SEO services for more than 300 websites in the past one year and we have clients all over the world. 90% of the time we are able to bring our clients website to first page of google for the selected keywords. But, rarely the website gets stuck in the 2nd page for a long time and the ranking will stop moving any further, this happens when the selected niche is competitive.


I would request the SEO gurus here to give us your advice on how to improve the websites ranking on situation like this. Whenever we start working on the website we check the meta tags, title, alt tags, keyword density and also the w3c validation.


We use the following methods to build links


Bookmarking, article marketing, link wheel, Forum profiles from Angela and other packets, press release, directory submission, video marketing, article syndication using articleranks.com and we also post messages to twitter and facebook using the add messages option from articleranks.com. We select the websites that has a minimum PR of 2 to build links; we do not use websites that has PR 0 or PR1.


These are the basic on-page and link building we provide for our clients websites. Now my question is when the ranking of the website for a competitive keyword is stuck in 2nd page (for at least a month) what are the advanced methods we can use to improve the ranking.


I believe many of you SEO guru's would have gone through this kind of situation and would have found a way to improve the ranking if you can share your experience, it will helpful for new learners like us.


Thanks,
Sridhar
#2nd #advanced seo #forward #link building #long #page #push #rankings #seo #stuck #time
  • Profile picture of the author ru83n
    In this case you have to reverse engineer to find the strong backlinks of those website on the first page. Their source and kind of backlinks put them on the first page, so you need to have those.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5056018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      No offense, but if you don't know how to push a website from page 2 to page 1 in a more competitive niche, I would suggest you refund your client their money and suggest they hire someone who knows what they are doing.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5056332].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chosenindian
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        No offense, but if you don't know how to push a website from page 2 to page 1 in a more competitive niche, I would suggest you refund your client their money and suggest they hire someone who knows what they are doing.
        @ MikeFriedman - Thanks for you suggestion. We only charge the clients when we rank their website in first page, we do not charge them up front. And I believe in upgrading my knowledge and continuous learning
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5091611].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chosenindian
      Originally Posted by ru83n View Post

      In this case you have to reverse engineer to find the strong backlinks of those website on the first page. Their source and kind of backlinks put them on the first page, so you need to have those.
      @ru83n - Thanks for the advice. Yes, I have started using alexa, yahoo site explorer and opensiteexplorer for reverse engineering process
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5091583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nicola Lane
    I notice that you haven't mentioned the words "Quality" or "Relevance" once. That may be your whole problem.

    Have you made sure that the website you want to rank is of high quality? Have you made sure that the links are of high Relevance?
    Signature

    I like to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5056421].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kirahster
    Hi Sridhar,

    Congrats on getting all of your SEO jobs.
    Regarding, the sites on the first page, you should do analysis of the links pointing to those sites (age, PR, anchor text, etc.). This will give you an idea of what you are up against. If you are building 200 links a month and all of the sites on the first page are building 400 links per month, then you need to rev up your link building to get there. Also, if my site is on the new side, in competitive niches, regardless of my backlinks sometimes I just have to wait it out to get to the first page.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5056456].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chosenindian
      Originally Posted by Kirahster View Post

      Hi Sridhar,

      Congrats on getting all of your SEO jobs.
      Regarding, the sites on the first page, you should do analysis of the links pointing to those sites (age, PR, anchor text, etc.). This will give you an idea of what you are up against. If you are building 200 links a month and all of the sites on the first page are building 400 links per month, then you need to rev up your link building to get there. Also, if my site is on the new side, in competitive niches, regardless of my backlinks sometimes I just have to wait it out to get to the first page.
      @ Kirahster - Thanks for the valid point. This rank saturation happens mostly with new websites. These are the kind of websites that newly registered and getting their first set of SEO.

      We will also analyze and see whether the competitors are building more links than we do.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5091626].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anwar001
    I was having a similar problem few days back. A couple of my site rankings had slipped off from first page. I was at my wit's end about what to do. I tried a few diverse link building methods which usually work quite well for me, but this time things were not working.

    Then finally, I checked out a few links of my competitors who had just recently appeared on the first page and were not there earlier. After checking out their links I got to know what they did to push my site off and get on first page instead. So, this gave a me a good plan of attack to get my rankings back.

    One of the sites got lots of trackback links from hundreds of sites while another site appeared to have got lots of links through blog networks like UAW etc. I think when I follow these link building methods for my own site, I will have an advantage over them because my site is older, has got better pagerank, has good Onpage SEO done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5056734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Originally Posted by chosenindian View Post

    We use the following methods to build links


    Bookmarking, article marketing, link wheel, Forum profiles from Angela and other packets, press release, directory submission, video marketing, article syndication using articleranks.com and we also post messages to twitter and facebook using the add messages option from articleranks.com. We select the websites that has a minimum PR of 2 to build links; we do not use websites that has PR 0 or PR1.
    Theres the whole story. and your last line isn't true. Forum profiles have PR N/A

    My suggestion would be to hire at least one real SEO. Right now you are not a SEO company. You are a backlinker company. A real SEO would have at least one strategy in place to get High authority links
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5057016].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chosenindian
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      Theres the whole story. and your last line isn't true. Forum profiles have PR N/A

      My suggestion would be to hire at least one real SEO. Right now you are not a SEO company. You are a backlinker company. A real SEO would have at least one strategy in place to get High authority links
      @Mike Anthony - We might not be a real SEO company right now and may be a backlinker company who build backlinks and work on On-page SEO. We are now implementing strategy to get relevant edu and relevant do follow squidoo links from lenses that have PR and trying to learn new ways on how to get more authority links. Hopefully we will become a real SEO company soon .

      Luckily, none of our client's website's (300 websites) got affected by any of the panda update. With the same luck we will soon be a real SEO company
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5091660].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris X
    Go hard with SENuke X. I've always seen some improvements after doing a massive SENuke blast to my site (even in the competitive niches).
    Signature
    "A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops a clock to save time." – Henry Ford
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5091610].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chosenindian
      Originally Posted by Chris X View Post

      Go hard with SENuke X. I've always seen some improvements after doing a massive SENuke blast to my site (even in the competitive niches).
      @ Chris - I have always been weird of of automatic link building. Because when we cross the line these are the websites that immediately gets affected by the panda updates (my view). But i will try SENuke X with one of our website and if it works we will implement it for our client's website's.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5091671].message }}

Trending Topics