Really social bookmarking works for backlink?

14 replies
  • SEO
  • |
hello, all
I used digg to create backlink for my site.I just submit the link of my various article of my site.After that i checked my backlink but didn't get any backlink from digg.
why? where is the problem?
please make it clear. thanks in advance.
#backlink #bookmarking #social #works
  • Profile picture of the author seomac
    hi
    may be is your bookmark is still under moderation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5298769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lucas Becker
    Originally Posted by skyacme View Post

    hello, all
    I used digg to create backlink for my site.I just submit the link of my various article of my site.After that i checked my backlink but didn't get any backlink from digg.
    why? where is the problem?
    please make it clear. thanks in advance.
    Social bookmarks often don't get indexed days after they were added and sometimes they don't indexed at all. You say you use Digg, which is fine, as far as I can remember, Digg links are do-follow. But this is not enough, I suggest you use free tools such as Social Monkee or the famous Social Marker to gather bookmarks from other bookmarking sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5299227].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author skyacme
      Originally Posted by Lucas Becker View Post

      Social bookmarks often don't get indexed days after they were added and sometimes they don't indexed at all. You say you use Digg, which is fine, as far as I can remember, Digg links are do-follow. But this is not enough, I suggest you use free tools such as Social Monkee or the famous Social Marker to gather bookmarks from other bookmarking sites.
      thnx a lot , Lucas for giving here important information.Though socialmonkee is not working in my country,but socialmarker is working here.I used it ,i submitted 2 articles link's of my site already.But after clicking the submit button i did'nt get any confirmation message , where it is actually submitted.

      Could you pls make it clear.?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5299957].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lucas Becker
        Originally Posted by skyacme View Post

        thnx a lot , Lucas for giving here important information.Though socialmonkee is not working in my country,but socialmarker is working here.I used it ,i submitted 2 articles link's of my site already.But after clicking the submit button i did'nt get any confirmation message , where it is actually submitted.

        Could you pls make it clear.?
        I don't remember the process exactly, as far as I can remember, some of the sites integrated to the Social Marker system do not work, so those might be the ones you didn't get any confirmation message for. Anyway, I wouldn't bother with it, just keep moving forward and submit to as many sites as you can.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5300293].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ezennaemeka
    Does it neco that social monkee is blocked in your country or social monkee don't accept you country residents?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5300596].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author skyacme
      Originally Posted by ezennaemeka View Post

      Does it neco that social monkee is blocked in your country or social monkee don't accept you country residents?
      social monkee dont accept my country.I got the following msg.
      "Free Signups Disabled For Your Country
      Important!
      Due to resource abuse, we have changed our Terms & Conditions and do not accept free signups from your country anymore. Thanks for your understanding.

      Already a SocialMonkee Member?
      If you already have a SocialMonkee account, you may login here.

      Want to Become a Premium Member?
      You cannot sign up as a Free member, but if you wish to become a Premium member, please visit this page to sign up and upgrade."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5301661].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ellenpage
    I suggest you should use onlywire.com , It's free 300 submit / month and better Social SocialMonkee
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5301707].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jannet1
    Yeah definitely the social bookmarking links really works for you , In the Google Panda update it is mention in most of the updates that the social bookmarking and social networking can play a vital role of website ranking..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5301933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author egrovesys
    Social bookmarking will work for you but it will take some days to considered as a back links. its better to not focus on digg there are lot of high page rank social bookmarking sites available..

    And social monkee is not working in our country too i got the result like this

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5301982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vksheilds
    I am also agree one of my site is getting back links from bookmarking site but there is more exception as they are no follow and not helping to improving search engine ranking
    Signature
    Blogger @ TheSEOink
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5303074].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author guy11
      yeah it works have tried it....
      Use ping.fm pixelpipe or onlywire..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5329290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sitywyde
    Diversity..and a lot of links... as natural as possible..and social buzzzz works. Can't wait to get my little friends out into cyberspace. ... Soon..soon...
    Signature
    Use My FREE System= Go Here
    Spin Sentences For Article Marketing=> Free Tool
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5331076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nicky Papers
    Just because the link wasn't found by a backlink discovery tool (i.e Majestic, Ahrefs, etc.) doesn't mean the link doesn't exist or its not passing authority. Using social bookmarks (in volume!) is still a effective link building method. The proof should be in your SERP gains, those results should always prevail.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5331153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rowanman28
    As someone said, often social bookmarking links don't get indexed. You can use IM automator, social monkee or ping FM to help you make bookmarks faster. My view is, it only helps your site get indexed, if Google index the pages at all. To build quality back links, you have to make long, relevant pages on different IP addresses. Blog comments and blog posts are better from what I can tell. I make links from Digg, Linked In, and a few other places, like social media, just to get my site indexed. It's more important what's on the page.
    Signature
    Social Media Marketing Services
    Custom Facebook page design, Facebook Ads management, Facebook likes, Twitter followers, Google Plus, Instagram, social sharing, SEO, content production, video production, whatever you want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5331260].message }}

Trending Topics