Joint Project: Girl Image Blog....

21 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello Warriors. Made a second project with a good friend of mine. We decided to make a free blogger blog just to see what the hype was with males going on the internet and looking at girls/celebrates Not Porn Just girls in the mirror posing with there latest smartphone/camera and it bounced over the internet.

Latest stats: In the first 24 hours with only posting on twitter with hash-tags and with the keywords on website is based on managed to gain 1,800 hits.

I would like to know how we can make money from this by using more relevant ads of adult content, which are PPC or pay per X impressions which pay by paypal.

Thanks
#blog #girl #image #joint #project
  • Profile picture of the author apsuk
    I, too, am struggling with this. I've signed up to a few, but none have materialised. For every account I've signed up, I've found like 2 or 3 blogs where people have said it's rubbish. Any help would also be appreciated, from somebody who knows.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5331023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ldiaz117
    Hey guys...I am about to launch a similar site with a diff twist. PM your email and website and let's talk. I have alot of ideas plus some stuff I read about recently.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5331802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RySpencer
    Have you tried a lot of those geo-targeted dating site affiliate programs? They usually pay pretty well. I see them all over the net, so people are obviously making some money from them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5331807].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author blackout17
      Originally Posted by RySpencer View Post

      Have you tried a lot of those geo-targeted dating site affiliate programs? They usually pay pretty well. I see them all over the net, so people are obviously making some money from them.
      Not had a look in the 'dating' market yet, Suppose looking and testing to see if it will work wont hurt. Had a good look at Affiliates, which seems to be the best route for making money with people signing up.
      Signature

      Connect with me via Facebook
      Crypto Mob: Click Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5333077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MargeryMike
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5333387].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      I'm not sure that blogger is keen on the adult type ads. You might find that site getting shut down if you try to go too adult with the ads.

      I'd recommend moving the site to your own private run host before getting too far into it.
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5333475].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author blackout17
        Originally Posted by Jill Carpenter View Post

        I'm not sure that blogger is keen on the adult type ads. You might find that site getting shut down if you try to go too adult with the ads.

        I'd recommend moving the site to your own private run host before getting too far into it.
        Thanks for the tip, just checked that out, I'd rather stay with blogger though, do you know any sites that are not full of adult type ads that will be accepted with the content so we don't get banned?
        Signature

        Connect with me via Facebook
        Crypto Mob: Click Here

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5333490].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author princecapri
    How are you managing the copyrights? Where are you getting the pics from? Just curious.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5333491].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author blackout17
      We put sources on the bottom of the images
      Signature

      Connect with me via Facebook
      Crypto Mob: Click Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5333542].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by blackout17 View Post

        We put sources on the bottom of the images
        That doesn't answer the question of how you're managing the copyrights.

        You're surely not so naive as to imagine that it's either safe or legal to take other people's photos, and hope to stay out of trouble just by "putting sources on the bottom of the images"?!

        Especially when you've put "source unknown" under some of them?!

        Quite apart from the lawsuit risk, it takes only one person to serve a DMCA notice on your host and that'll be the end of the story ...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5333556].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author princecapri
          Have to echo Alexa's point. You are setting yourself up for a BIG fall here. You are quite likely to infringe copyrights if you haven't considered each case uniquely.

          Do check please.

          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          That doesn't answer the question of how you're managing the copyrights.

          You're surely not so naive as to imagine that it's either safe or legal to take other people's photos, and hope to stay out of trouble just by "putting sources on the bottom of the images"?!

          Especially when you've put "source unknown" under some of them?!

          Quite apart from the lawsuit risk, it takes only one person to serve a DMCA notice on your host and that'll be the end of the story ...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5334002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eddie Titan
    You might want to try GFY.com if you are looking for adult related website advice.
    Signature
    New Members Challenge! Join me in 2012. Set an income goal for the New Year and achieve it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5333577].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    There are tons of sites like this and plenty of ways to monitize it.

    And there is a lot of potential liability too. What's gonna happen when some guy puts a pic of his ex up there and she comes after you? Lots of potential for abuse. Can it work? Sure. But it's not a slam dunk easy gig. Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5334224].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author blackout17
      Originally Posted by princecapri View Post

      Have to echo Alexa's point. You are setting yourself up for a BIG fall here. You are quite likely to infringe copyrights if you haven't considered each case uniquely.

      Do check please.
      We have, the images are on the internet originally so link back to the source of which we have found. We are to sort out the source unknown and find the source or delete the post. We are not selling any products so copyright on that front should be okay.

      Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

      There are tons of sites like this and plenty of ways to monitize it.

      And there is a lot of potential liability too. What's gonna happen when some guy puts a pic of his ex up there and she comes after you? Lots of potential for abuse. Can it work? Sure. But it's not a slam dunk easy gig. Good luck.
      You have a very valid point there, something we have spoken about and still unsure on how to manage that, Thank you for the support. Totally new niche and random but traffic is pretty amazing for something that has been up 72 hours now.
      Signature

      Connect with me via Facebook
      Crypto Mob: Click Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5334270].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by blackout17 View Post

        We are not selling any products so copyright on that front should be okay.
        Do you seriously believe that's true? I'd love to know where you've dug out a legal principle that says that posting photos you don't own on a website is somehow, magically, ok if you're "not selling any products". :rolleyes:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5334483].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
        Originally Posted by blackout17 View Post

        We have, the images are on the internet originally so link back to the source of which we have found. We are to sort out the source unknown and find the source or delete the post. We are not selling any products so copyright on that front should be okay.

        You have a very valid point there, something we have spoken about and still unsure on how to manage that, Thank you for the support. Totally new niche and random but traffic is pretty amazing for something that has been up 72 hours now.
        One thing you can do is make people read a TOS, disclaimer statement and acknowledge they own the photo and that they are giving you permission to use it. That should cover the copyright issue. But even that doesn't isolate you from other potential problems.

        Some people will simply sign off on the photo ownership disclaimer without reading it and post their stuff. Then the someone else sues you and you defer to the signed statement. But the person who authorized your use of the pic didn't own it. And then the victim sees your site is successful (they smell money) and goes after you anyway.

        You might want to get the advice of an attorney on this. Because if you go forward as s/he recommends and end up getting sued you always have recourse against the lawyer who advised you in the first place. That is, if you stay well within the limits of the advice you received. Who knows, there may even be insurance available for this sort of thing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5334575].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author UptonGoodwin
        Originally Posted by blackout17 View Post

        We have, the images are on the internet originally so link back to the source of which we have found. We are to sort out the source unknown and find the source or delete the post. We are not selling any products so copyright on that front should be okay.
        Well your idea might be okay, but your view of image copywrite is very very wrong. You CANNOT use images you found on the internet on your website without getting permission to use that image from the image owner. You might get away with it for a while, but eventually you will end up getting some nasty letters from lawyers demanding money.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5334625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shoot
    I have a couple "sex" related sites and apps and there are TON's of ways to monetize it if you keep it respectable you can make it fit most networks TOS.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5334515].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
      Isn't there a loophole to take advantage of by linking to the images as opposed to copying and hosting them?

      Maybe not, since technically you are still using them...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5334571].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Coutts
        Originally Posted by Daniel Evans View Post

        Isn't there a loophole to take advantage of by linking to the images as opposed to copying and hosting them?

        Maybe not, since technically you are still using them...
        I certainly would not risk it. Linking to the page, which happens to contain the image *may* be acceptable, as people link to pages all the time, but linking to the image and displaying the image only is, in my opinion at least, using the image without permission, and therefore leaving yourself wide open to possible legal proceedings.

        This article outlines how one person sought permission to use an image. I'd personally follow his advice every time:
        Why You Must Get Permission to Use Copyrighted Photos -- and How to Do It

        John.
        Signature
        Write System - superior web content
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5337532].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Talen
        Originally Posted by Daniel Evans View Post

        Isn't there a loophole to take advantage of by linking to the images as opposed to copying and hosting them?

        Maybe not, since technically you are still using them...
        No, there is no such loophole and on top of that if you are hot linking the photos then you are also guilty of stealing bandwidth.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5337628].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Talen
          Let me tell you that there is no way to cover yourself on the copyright front and your site will eventually get shut down. I say this from experience, I have had close to 30 sites shut down, many on blogger, for stealing my copyrighted photos.

          Blogger sites are the easiest to shut down. As soon as Google gets a legit DMCA they kill the site without even going through the dispute routine with both parties.

          If you monetize the site in any way and someone goes hardcore on the copyright infringement you will hand over every penny you made and be paying the copyright holders legal fees...it usually doesn't come to that but it can.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5337646].message }}

Trending Topics