Rank Tracking Solutions - Do You Know Where You Rank?

by patrich 33 replies
With the recent problems regarding the rank tracking module within Market Samurai, there have been a number of questions/threads over the last few days of people looking for a new solution to track and monitor their Google SERP positions.

Below, you will find a list of popular rank tracking providers as well as information on pricing and features for each. I have not used all of the below services and applications, so if you have experience with one or more product below please share that with the community.

Online Rank Tracking Providers

- For many, the benefits in using an online rank tracking service are ease of use and reliability. These services are great for busy webmasters that have a lot of websites or keywords to track and don't want to fuss with desktop or server based programs. The biggest downside however, is that these services have a monthly fee in order to maintain your account. Some offer a free account but these are very limited in the amount of keywords that can be tracked and may not be a viable option for many of you.

********************

SeScout - One of the most well-known services within the rank tracking market. The layout of their service is great, the platform itself is easy to use and the prices are competitive. They update your rankings hourly, allow white label reports for clients and you can receive notifications for ranking changes.

My personal experience: I personally have used this service and found that the ranking results were inconsistent and they suffer periodic problems and downtime.

$$ Pricing:

Free Account - Up to 10 keywords and 10 domains. Account has limited functionality with no reports or ranking notifications.

Lite $14.97/month - Up to 50 keywords and 50 domains. Full account functionality.

Basic $29.97/month - Up to 200 keywords and 200 domains. Full account functionality.

Essential $49.97/month - Up to 500 keywords and 500 domains. Full account functionality.

Elite $99.97/month - Up to 1500 keywords and 1500 domains. Full accounts functionality.

Available here: Search engine rank tracker (SERP TRACKER) used by top SEOs

********************

MicroSiteMasters - Microsite Masters is a powerful toolset for SEO professionals, agencies, and organic affiliates to track SERP rankings and performance results over time with respect to cost and applied strategies.

My personal experience: None at this time. Although I have heard very good reviews of the service from people currently using it.

$$ Pricing:

Free Account - Up to 10 keywords and Unlimited domains. Limited account functionality.

Mom's Basement $19.95/month - Up to 150 keywords and Unlimited domains. Limited account functionality.

Affiliate $49.95/month - Up to 650 keywords and Unlimited domains. Most account functionality, excluding scheduled and white label reports.

Super Affiliate $89.95/month - Up to 1500 keywords and Unlimited domains. Most account functionality, excluding white label reports.

Agency $149.95/month - Up to 2500 keywords and Unlimited domains. Full account functionality.

Agency Elite $299.95/month - Up to 5000 keywords and Unlimited domains. Full account functionality.

Available here: Microsite Masters Rank Tracker - Accurate Keyword Tracking for SEO Campaigns

********************

SerpFox - Great looking interface, very similar to SeScout. Updates rankings every 4 hours, provides notifications on ranking changes, complete reports and exportable data.

My personal experience: None at this time. Although I have heard very good reviews of the service from people currently using it.

$$ Pricing:

Free Account - Up to 10 keywords and Unlimited domains. Full account functionality.

Starter $10/month - Up to 50 keywords and Unlimited domains. Full account functionality.

Intermediate $24/month - Up to 150 keywords and Unlimited domains. Full account functionality.

Pro $55/month - Up to 500 keywords and Unlimited domains. Full account functionality.

Corporate $99/month - Up to 1200 keywords and Unlimited domains. Full account functionality.

Available here: Serpfox - The intelligent keyword rank tracker

********************

AuthorityLabs - AuthorityLabs rank monitoring is used daily by consultants, agencies, bloggers, and internet marketing pros. Save time and get a better understanding of how your site is positioned in Google, Yahoo!, and Bing.

My personal experience: None at this time. Although I have heard very good reviews of the service from people currently using it.

$$ Pricing:

30 day free trial available....

Basic $24/month - Up to 100 keywords and 10 domains. Full account functionality, minus white label reports.

Plus $49/month - Up to 250 keywords and 25 domains. Full account functionality, minus white label reports.

Pro $99/month - Up to 1000 keywords and 50 domains. Full account functionality.

Enterprise $450/month - Unlimited keywords and Unlimited domains. Full account functionality.

Available here: Search Engine Ranking Reports – SEO Software for Daily Rank Tracking

********************

Google Webmaster Tools - Thanks to Fraggler for mentioning Google Webmaster Tools in the sections below. Often overlooked, but GWT does show which search terms you are ranking for and receiving traffic from. If you are looking for a free solution, this may be worth checking out.

No need for keyword lists - know how you are ranking for all queries that return your page.
No need for scanning multiple data servers - GWT lets you filter via location.
Updated regulary.
Check your ranking in searches for web, image, blog, video etc.
Know what traffic you are missing out on.
Find potential keywords you didn't know existed - that you are already ranking for.
Complete Click Through Rate info - Test Page Titles and descriptions.

My personal experience: Have used this in the past and it works great.

$$ Pricing:

Free Account - Unlimited domains and Unlimited keywords. Full account functionality.

Available here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

------

Desktop and Server Based Rank Tracking Solutions

- The beauty of these rank tracking solutions is that most of them are a one off cost. They run in the background on your computer and allow you to update or check your rankings as needed. Most do not have limitations on the number of keywords or domains that you can track, although some have different versions available.

********************

Advanced Web Ranking - Advanced Web Ranking provides you the right SEO tools that help you effectively track and analyze your search engine rankings in time. Works on Mac's.

My personal experience: My current rank tracking solution. Easy to use, attractive interface, reports and more. I would recommend it!

$$ Pricing:

Standard $99/one time - Unlimited websites and keywords. Does not provide reports.

Professional $199/one time - Unlimited websites and keywords. Printable reports, triggers and more.

Enterprise $399/one time - Unlimited websites and keywords. Also includes keyword research tool, custom user profiles and proxy support.

Server $599/one time - Unlimited websites and keywords. Full functionality, server ready.

Available here: Complete SEO Software. Ranking. Linking. Analytics.

********************

Rank Tracker - Just launch Rank Tracker, and in a matter of minutes you'll learn everything humanly possible about your rankings, including your site's position in any of the 777 supported search engines, the exact URL found, how many times this keyword is being searched, how powerful a keyword is, and lots more!

My personal experience: Have used this program in the past. Solid, reliable program. Can be difficult for new users to find their way around the program, but easy to use once you learn it.

$$ Pricing:

Free Edition - Unlimited keywords. Limited account functionality.

Pro $99.75/one time - Unlimited keywords. Limited account functionality.

Enterprise $249.75/one time - Unlimited keywords. Full account functionality.

Available here: Rank Tracker - Track Your Search Engine Rankings Easily!

********************

CuteRank - CuteRank is a FREE keyword rank checker tool (software) designed to batch automatically check keyword positions and track keyword ranking performance on multiple search engines including Google, Yahoo, Bing (MSN), Ask, and AOL. What’s more, this free keyword rank checker allows you to keep your SEO notes and see how your keyword position improves with your SEO effort. You can also generate keyword position report in multiple formats.

My personal experience: Have not used this program.

$$ Pricing:

Free Account - Up to 1 website. Limited account functionality.

Pro $59.95/one time - Unlimited keywords and Unlimited domains. Full account functionality.

Available here: FREE Keyword Rank Checker Tool, Check Keyword Position on Google, Yahoo, Bing

********************

Other rank trackers worth mentioning....

Rank Checker for Firefox - Want to know where your website ranks in the search results? Our Firefox Rank Checker extension allows you to easily check your website rankings in Google (US and international), Microsoft's Bing, & Yahoo Search.

My personal experience: Have not used this Firefox extension.

Available here: Free Rank Checker: Google + Microsoft Bing Online Rank Tracker

------

Recommendations and Additional Information

I know that there are more rank tracking solutions out there. This is not meant to be a complete list, but rather to give you a starting point to get you headed in the right direction.

Currently I am using Advance Web Ranking - Enterprise edition for my rank tracking needs. I find it easy to use, accurate and reliable. I have not experienced any downtime with the program, it is updated as needed and their support staff are very helpful and quick to respond.

Please feel free to contribute your experiences with any of these solutions (good or bad) below.
#search engine optimization #rank #solutions #tracking
  • Profile picture of the author Feydakin
    I use Microsite Masters. Very well done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5521938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bryan V
    Ah, wish I would have found something like this earlier! There have been way too many issues with incorrect rankings with SEScout lately, so I'm jumping ship.

    Trying out Microsite Masters out. So far, it's more consistent, with only a few incorrect rankings here and there. No more hourly updates, but what's the point when the rankings were unreliable anyway? We'll see how it goes...
    Signature
    Perhaps an attic I shall seek.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5521974].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author patrich
      Originally Posted by Bryan V View Post

      Ah, wish I would have found something like this earlier! There have been way too many issues with incorrect rankings with SEScout lately, so I'm jumping ship.

      Trying out Microsite Masters out. So far, it's more consistent, with only a few incorrect rankings here and there. No more hourly updates, but what's the point when the rankings were unreliable anyway? We'll see how it goes...
      Yeah, I used SeScout for quite a while and there were just too many problems at that time, I have heard around that it isn't much better at this time.

      As far as the hourly rankings, I found life to be a little less stressful without them to be honest. Rankings fluctuate all the time and when you check them constantly, you might see a drop and panic only to find out it is back to normal the next hour or whatever.

      I check them every morning now and leave it at that. You also have to remember that rankings fluctuate between IP's, data centers, etc. So if you are seeing different rankings in MSM, they may be correct, but pulled from a different data center which is where the discrepancy comes from.

      Either way, let us know how you like MicroSiteMasters once you get a grasp on it.
      Signature

      Professional licensing for a variety of careers now available at License Butler.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5521988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    CuteRank is only free for one URL. If you want to track more than that, you have to buy it.
    Signature
    In 2018, what will you do differently to grow your business?
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing,
    Geo-Fencing, and more. Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5522227].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author patrich
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      CuteRank is only free for one URL. If you want to track more than that, you have to buy it.
      Thanks Mike! That was an error an my part, the OP has been updated to reflect this correction.
      Signature

      Professional licensing for a variety of careers now available at License Butler.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5522236].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by patrich View Post

        Thanks Mike! That was an error an my part, the OP has been updated to reflect this correction.
        For one of the cheaper products out there and for someone who isn't taking on SEO clients (CuteRank's reports suck), I would recommend it. Does a good job.
        Signature
        In 2018, what will you do differently to grow your business?
        SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing,
        Geo-Fencing, and more. Get a FREE Quote.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5522262].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author packerfan
          Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

          For one of the cheaper products out there and for someone who isn't taking on SEO clients (CuteRank's reports suck), I would recommend it. Does a good job.
          Do you use any online solution? If so, which one(s)?

          I'm killing myself trying to decide. I hate monthly fees, but I'm tired of messing with a desktop solution.
          Signature

          Nothing to see here

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5522275].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author patrich
            Originally Posted by packerfan View Post

            Do you use any online solution? If so, which one(s)?

            I'm killing myself trying to decide. I hate monthly fees, but I'm tired of messing with a desktop solution.
            I have heard a lot of really good things about SerpFox lately, but haven't tried it yet. I know you don't want a desktop version, but it may be worth the time to try the Advanced Web Ranking. I love it!

            Its essentially like having a web based solution, but its a one off fee. It runs in the background, most of the time I forget that it is even there. And you can plug-in all of your keywords.
            Signature

            Professional licensing for a variety of careers now available at License Butler.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5522284].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author packerfan
        Thanks, I've been looking into web based solutions lately. Why can't someone just give me 250 domains and unlimited keywords for $50/month?

        You could add Raven Tools to your list as well. It does a lot more than rank tracking though, but it does do that as well.

        Thanks!
        Signature

        Nothing to see here

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5522273].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author patrich
          Originally Posted by packerfan View Post

          Thanks, I've been looking into web based solutions lately. Why can't someone just give me 250 domains and unlimited keywords for $50/month?

          You could add Raven Tools to your list as well. It does a lot more than rank tracking though, but it does do that as well.

          Thanks!
          Its because the keywords are what eat up their server resources. I hear that a lot of the online services are having IP/Proxy problems lately with their checks. Because google is hitting the temporary IP bans pretty heavily.
          Signature

          Professional licensing for a variety of careers now available at License Butler.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5522297].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hotboy18
    Thanks for providing the list of rank tracking solutions. I use the Rank Tracker for Firefox which works great for me and some of these I never heard of but I will keep them in mind.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5522312].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      I haven't used an online solution. Been using PowerSuite's Rank Tracker and Advanced Web Ranking. I use them both to kind of spot check off eachother and make sure I am giving accurate results to clients. I run them on a VPS, so they don't hog up my computer. Just put them on a schedule to run and email me the reports.

      Works pretty well.
      Signature
      In 2018, what will you do differently to grow your business?
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing,
      Geo-Fencing, and more. Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5522329].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author darkswift
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        I haven't used an online solution. Been using PowerSuite's Rank Tracker and Advanced Web Ranking. I use them both to kind of spot check off eachother and make sure I am giving accurate results to clients. I run them on a VPS, so they don't hog up my computer. Just put them on a schedule to run and email me the reports.

        Works pretty well.
        I have rank tracker and I like it a lot. How would I go about running it on my VPS? Sounds like a great idea.

        Thanks.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5526095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fraggler
    I'll add one to the mix as it is one that many people don't know about:

    Google Webmaster Tools
    • Unlimited domains.
    • Unlimited Keywords.
    • No need for keyword lists - know how you are ranking for all queries that return your page.
    • No need for scanning multiple data servers - GWT lets you filter via location.
    • Updated regulary.
    • Check your ranking in searches for web, image, blog, video etc.
    • Know what traffic you are missing out on.
    • Find potential keywords you didn't know existed - that you are already ranking for.
    • Complete Click Through Rate info - Test Page Titles and descriptions.
    $$ Pricing:
    Free
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5522686].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rukshan
      Originally Posted by Fraggler View Post

      I'll add one to the mix as it is one that many people don't know about:

      Google Webmaster Tools
      • Unlimited domains.
      • Unlimited Keywords.
      • No need for keyword lists - know how you are ranking for all queries that return your page.
      • No need for scanning multiple data servers - GWT lets you filter via location.
      • Updated regulary.
      • Check your ranking in searches for web, image, blog, video etc.
      • Know what traffic you are missing out on.
      • Find potential keywords you didn't know existed - that you are already ranking for.
      • Complete Click Through Rate info - Test Page Titles and descriptions.
      $$ Pricing:
      Free
      Ha ha this is nice. But GWT is not a perfect solution when we have clients.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5523774].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author patrich
      Originally Posted by Fraggler View Post

      I'll add one to the mix as it is one that many people don't know about:

      Google Webmaster Tools
      • Unlimited domains.
      • Unlimited Keywords.
      • No need for keyword lists - know how you are ranking for all queries that return your page.
      • No need for scanning multiple data servers - GWT lets you filter via location.
      • Updated regulary.
      • Check your ranking in searches for web, image, blog, video etc.
      • Know what traffic you are missing out on.
      • Find potential keywords you didn't know existed - that you are already ranking for.
      • Complete Click Through Rate info - Test Page Titles and descriptions.
      $$ Pricing:
      Free
      Thanks Fraggler! Been so long since I have looked at GWT that I forgot it showed your rankings. lol

      However, it is a great option because you don't have to input your keyword lists and in many cases you will find keywords that you didn't even know you were ranking for.
      Signature

      Professional licensing for a variety of careers now available at License Butler.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5525636].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author packerfan
      Originally Posted by Fraggler View Post

      I'll add one to the mix as it is one that many people don't know about:

      Google Webmaster Tools
      • Unlimited domains.
      • Unlimited Keywords.
      • No need for keyword lists - know how you are ranking for all queries that return your page.
      • No need for scanning multiple data servers - GWT lets you filter via location.
      • Updated regulary.
      • Check your ranking in searches for web, image, blog, video etc.
      • Know what traffic you are missing out on.
      • Find potential keywords you didn't know existed - that you are already ranking for.
      • Complete Click Through Rate info - Test Page Titles and descriptions.
      $$ Pricing:
      Free
      Is there some sort of dashboard available? Where all the domains in my account can be displayed, or do I have to go into each one to check ranking? I don't need reports for clients or anything, so this could be perfect if it has some sort of dashboard.
      Signature

      Nothing to see here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5525718].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author khill98
      How do you use GWT to track your rankings? Would you mind including a screenshot? I'm still learning how to navigate GWT and would love a point in the right direction
      Signature

      _______________________________
      Living Life By Design, Not By Default --me

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5604129].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nichesitebasics
        I currently use Serpfox and am very happy with the service. $10/month to track 50 keywords, updated every 4 hours with simple interface and nice graphs. Tracks top 500 results I believe.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5604654].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spyranks
    Hello,

    Maybe you can add our online tool Spyranks.com to your list ?
    Our tool exists in France since 2005 and we just translated it to the US market.

    We have a 30 day free trial available. Don't hesitate to test, it is important for us to be accurate and reliable (we use geolocation for searches, and you can even add a city geolocation)

    We have a lot of features, so I will make a review of our tool soon :-)

    Cédric
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5524161].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author patrich
      Originally Posted by spyranks View Post

      Hello,

      Maybe you can add our online tool Spyranks.com to your list ?
      Our tool exists in France since 2005 and we just translated it to the US market.

      We have a 30 day free trial available. Don't hesitate to test, it is important for us to be accurate and reliable (we use geolocation for searches, and you can even add a city geolocation)

      We have a lot of features, so I will make a review of our tool soon :-)

      Cédric
      Hey Cedric I just checked out the demo you have on your site there and it looks nice, may be a good option for some people. I will get you added to the list in the OP when I have a chance today. Thanks
      Signature

      Professional licensing for a variety of careers now available at License Butler.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5526113].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author spyranks
        Originally Posted by patrich View Post

        Hey Cedric I just checked out the demo you have on your site there and it looks nice, may be a good option for some people. I will get you added to the list in the OP when I have a chance today. Thanks
        Thank you
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5533077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spyranks
    GWT is a great tool. The problem of GWT is that it only show keywords on which you rank (mainly on the first page).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5525911].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adammaxum
    You've got to add Traffic Travis to the mix. The free version has a lot of functionality. The rankings appear to be spot on, free pdf/excel reports, 50 keywords, 100 back links, and it's only $97 bucks to upgrade to unlimited - 1 time fee.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5526367].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kael41
    $35/one time fee track all of your websites and OTHER (offline clients) as well through using wordpress as your own keyword tracking facility. The technology DOES exist to do it yourself.

    - full disclosure, that IS my tool, but it's one I developed so i can track my own site/keyword groupings so I don't have to rely on anyone else

    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...wordpress.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5528181].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nicky Papers
    Originally Posted by patrich View Post

    MicroSiteMasters - Microsite Masters is a powerful toolset for SEO professionals, agencies, and organic affiliates to track SERP rankings and performance results over time with respect to cost and applied strategies.

    My personal experience: None at this time. Although I have heard very good reviews of the service from people currently using it.

    $$ Pricing:

    Free Account - Up to 10 keywords and Unlimited domains. Limited account functionality.

    Mom's Basement $19.95/month - Up to 150 keywords and Unlimited domains. Limited account functionality.

    Affiliate $49.95/month - Up to 650 keywords and Unlimited domains. Most account functionality, excluding scheduled and white label reports.

    Super Affiliate $89.95/month - Up to 1500 keywords and Unlimited domains. Most account functionality, excluding white label reports.

    Agency $149.95/month - Up to 2500 keywords and Unlimited domains. Full account functionality.

    Agency Elite $299.95/month - Up to 5000 keywords and Unlimited domains. Full account functionality.

    Available here: Microsite Masters Rank Tracker - Accurate Keyword Tracking for SEO Campaigns
    Microsite Masters is my weapon of choice. Hands down, it's the most reliable and powerful rank tracker on the market.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5529313].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nzdealer
    I just spoke about another tool in a thread. I used sescout but not accurate. The one i just started using is Find My Rank but for one off's you can use serprush.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5530972].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iamnotfrankkern
    I use Serpfox. I think it's a very accurate and affordable tool.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5533072].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xxxJamesxxx
    I use Rankerizer. It's free and it tracks your progress over time. It's also really easy to use... Recommended.

    James Scholes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5605988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Msaeed
    How deep do these rank trackers go? I'm looking for one that searches up to a 1000 results, any suggestions?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5613674].message }}

Trending Topics