#1 out of 314 MILLION Pages - Good God I'm A Traffic Genius!

18 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey Warriors,

I just want to get something off my chest, right here right now.

I just hate it when people want to show proof of their rankings especially on words that get absolutely NO REAL TRAFFIC WHAT So EVER!

Here is what I'm talking about......

Here is a screen shot of my very 1st article that I wrote when I first started internet marketing (It sounds crazy but who would have thought I'd be able to rank a keyphrase like this when I FIRST started) Anyways see if you notice the weirdness of it.......



Anyways if you didn't get the joke, I just thought it was crazy that my article got ranked #1 for that keyphrase when I personally didn't really know how to market at all, remember this is my 1st article when I first started, so needless to say this is what got me HOOKED!

I mean if I could rank #1 with an article like that within a week or two then nothing can stop me thats why I continued affiliate marketing.

But anyways thats not the point of this. The point is that even though I'm ranking #1 out of 314 MILLION, Does NOT mean I get a lot of traffic to that article! Look at the bottom of the article since 2009 it only received 301 views! Even though according to GKWT I should be estimating around 19/day, but it doesn't matter, that's not my point!

I see so many WSO sellers showing these types of screenshots, but who gives a SH!T really? Because when I look up those keywords you might get what < 10 visitors a day? (In a lot of cases)

So this is NOT an INDICATION of what or how much TRAFFIC you'll receive, so for the newbies out there,

STOP believing all those types of screenshots and do the check on those keywords and see what the search volume is, and for you WSO sellers out there, lets start showing some REAL PROOF!

Thant's it. Thank You Very MUUUUUUUUCH!
#314 #genius #god #googd #million #pages #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author yesacpow
    I totally agree with you. What's the point in ranking for a keyword that you can make money from?

    The first reason why you even spend the time to do seo is to get tons of laser targeted traffic to grow you business. Now ranking for those keywords that wont get you any worthwhile traffic is just a waste of time in my book.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5736261].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rprieto60
    Ranking for obscure long-tail keywork phrases is "so easy, even a caveman can do it". Ranking for a competitive "money phrase" is not so easy. That's why a good SEO person is worth their weight in gold. It takes time and effort to rank for the more competitive phrases. I've gotten so many page one rankings for different phrases it's not even funny. The question is, how many of them make me any money?

    Luckily for me, most of them do because someone is willing to pay me to keep those phrases ranked. Does that mean they get a lot of traffic? Some do, some don't. I have some business owners who insist on keeping even the ones that don't get a lot of traffic. It's a status symbol to them that they can tell their friends, "Hey, go to Google and type in <keyword phrase> and see what comes up." It impresses their friends when thier business is all over page one and they are willing to pay to keep it.

    It seems weird to me to pay for something that just looks impressive but sees little to no ROI, but hey, it's not my decision. I've even offered to work on other phrases and some have taken me up on it, but it's funny how many of these guys want to hang on to the phrases they're already ranked for even when they KNOW it's not bringing them a significant amount of traffic.
    Signature

    Want to know the fastest way to $10k per month? Free webinar shows how- http://bit.ly/2IazUb7

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5736400].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Affillionaire View Post

    even though I'm ranking #1 out of 314 MILLION, Does NOT mean I get a lot of traffic
    Very true indeed.
    Also, just because there are 314 million pages, doesn't mean it is a good keyword either.

    A lot of people would be scared off at the sight of 314 million competing pages, but all that means is that there are that number of pages which have your keyword on it.
    That doesn't mean those pages are well optimized by any means. There are far better ways to access competition.

    Great post!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5736575].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Affillionaire
      Yeah, you are all right. That's exactly the whole point, I just hope the newbies out there recognize this and realize what those "stats" actually mean.

      I wasn't competing against 314 mil. It just so happens that 314 mil. other pages have that phrase somehow or someway in their site.

      You want a WSO that REALLY works well then they'll show you "TRAFFIC" NOT just rankings.

      Remember I was a newbie when I wrote that so I didn't know a dang thing about what to really optimize for or anything, so don't think I was TRYING to target that keyphrase.
      Signature
      Let Me Turn You Into An Xpert Marketer!

      Internet Marketing Doesn't Have To Be Difficult!
      Sign Up Now To Learn How To Drive Traffic, Build A Massive List & Convert Them Into Lifetime Paying Customers!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5736631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Luke McCormack
    All very valid points. The number of pages means squat diiddly
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5736596].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theverysmartguy
      And do you know what the excuse for those people who don't want to "share" the "money keywords": Its either : "Sorry, but I don't share information about my main niches." or "I don't want to increase competition for that niche." or simply " I am sworn to secrecy".

      If people are creating WSOs on how to rank keywords, then they need to create a site with a competitive keyword and niche just for that WSO. Then show proof how they are ranking for that keyword. This will solidify their WSO and give them even more sales.

      Would I show off my main niche keywords and rankings? No. BUT if I was creating a product to prove that I have the skills and am worthwhile to LEARN from, then I would go out and create a site just for that purpose.

      -- Jeff
      Signature

      "Doing nothing is worse than doing it wrong."

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5736683].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Affillionaire
        While that is true, I think it is ok for a person to protect that keyword, because after all whether its a site made just for that WSO or not if your getting massive traffic to that site, then would you want to the competition?

        You know that more than half the people who buy WSO's tend to go after the EXACT same keywords as the example.

        So I protect that, especially if its making me money!

        But if you can show the traffic for that particular site or even multiple sites, NOT JUST rankings. Then thats ok.

        Originally Posted by theverysmartguy View Post

        And do you know what the excuse for those people who don't want to "share" the "money keywords": Its either : "Sorry, but I don't share information about my main niches." or "I don't want to increase competition for that niche." or simply " I am sworn to secrecy".

        If people are creating WSOs on how to rank keywords, then they need to create a site with a competitive keyword and niche just for that WSO. Then show proof how they are ranking for that keyword. This will solidify their WSO and give them even more sales.

        Would I show off my main niche keywords and rankings? No. BUT if I was creating a product to prove that I have the skills and am worthwhile to LEARN from, then I would go out and create a site just for that purpose.

        -- Jeff
        Signature
        Let Me Turn You Into An Xpert Marketer!

        Internet Marketing Doesn't Have To Be Difficult!
        Sign Up Now To Learn How To Drive Traffic, Build A Massive List & Convert Them Into Lifetime Paying Customers!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5736948].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author theverysmartguy
          Originally Posted by Affillionaire View Post

          While that is true, I think it is ok for a person to protect that keyword, because after all whether its a site made just for that WSO or not if your getting massive traffic to that site, then would you want to the competition?

          You know that more than half the people who buy WSO's tend to go after the EXACT same keywords as the example.

          So I protect that, especially if its making me money!

          But if you can show the traffic for that particular site or even multiple sites, NOT JUST rankings. Then thats ok.
          BTW, just so you know I am Agreeing with you in that post that I made.
          Signature

          "Doing nothing is worse than doing it wrong."

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5737026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author obin94
    Great post!

    It is amazing how many people will take anything as real proof. And how deceiving it seems some sellers have to be to show this proof.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5736709].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Not trying to be a smart a$$, but what percentage of the EZA traffic actually made it to your site (1%)?

    Obviously your own site isn't ranking #1 in the SERPs for that keyword, so the only traffic your getting from that keyword as far as Google SERPs is funneled through EZA.

    I'm only asking because i see people here on WF get hooked on EZA, & I don't see any benefit to try & rank an EZA article page in the SERPs. I've brought this up in other forum threads, still don't see why people want to rank EZA pages.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5737091].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theverysmartguy
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Not trying to be a smart a$$, but what percentage of the EZA traffic actually made it to your site (1%)?

      Obviously your own site isn't ranking #1 in the SERPs for that keyword, so the only traffic your getting from that keyword as far as Google SERPs is funneled through EZA.

      I'm only asking because i see people here on WF get hooked on EZA, & I don't see any benefit to try & rank an EZA article page in the SERPs. I've brought this up in other forum threads, still don't see why people want to rank EZA pages.
      Yukon,

      He was actually just demonstrating how easy it is to rank for a useless keyword.

      When I used to use EZA, I had some articles at around 50% CTR, but all in all it averaged to around 25%.

      -- Jeff
      Signature

      "Doing nothing is worse than doing it wrong."

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5737126].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by theverysmartguy View Post

        Yukon,

        He was actually just demonstrating how easy it is to rank for a useless keyword.

        When I used to use EZA, I had some articles at around 50% CTR, but all in all it averaged to around 25%.

        -- Jeff
        I get his point about the useless SERP numbers, I'm just wondering about overall final CTR from EZA traffic to his own sites pages.

        My thinking is, why bother ranking EZA pages & force the traffic to funnel through EZA. Why not rank your own pages for 100% of the traffic.

        Surely most of the EZA ranked pages has a huge loss of traffic before they reach your own pages.

        Ranking EZA in the SERPs just seems counterproductive to me.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5737257].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Affillionaire
          Let me also add that when I first wrote that article I wasn't promoting Stuck-In-Traffic. I was promoting Wealthy Affiliate at the time because thats the first place I started when I got into affiliate marketing, then I had a blog "Affillionaires.com (which is no-longer mine anymore) so since it's not mine anymore I recently just put my Stuck In Traffic links there to my WSO. I am NOT using ezine articles to drive traffic to my WSO.

          I could really care less about the CTR of EZA to my WSO because it's not a way of marketing my product it was just a way to remove Affillionaires.com since I no-longer have that site anymore.

          Anyways when it's a WSO or even a ClickBank product why would I try so hard myself to rank for keywords (like How to get traffic, etc.) when I just have jv partners do the selling for me?

          OTOH, Why not use EZA as a backlinking source? I guess your one of the ones who thinks articles are dead, huh? Well I can assure you they're not. I see traffic coming from ezine and other article directories for other sites I own all the time. So why wouldn't I? So the CTR is actually still pretty good from what I can see.


          Also if you haven't read the OP "This was my 1st article I ever wrote"

          I don't think I even know what a backlink was at the time. So I'm not saying that I spent all this time trying to rank a keyphrase on EZA when I could've spent it on ranking my WSO, Listen, that article is from 2009, I just released my WSO Jan. 31 2012.

          Hope you understand now,

          Chris



          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          I get his point about the useless SERP numbers, I'm just wondering about overall final CTR from EZA traffic to his own sites pages.

          My thinking is, why bother ranking EZA pages & force the traffic to funnel through EZA. Why not rank your own pages for 100% of the traffic.

          Surely most of the EZA ranked pages has a huge loss of traffic before they reach your own pages.

          Ranking EZA in the SERPs just seems counterproductive to me.
          Signature
          Let Me Turn You Into An Xpert Marketer!

          Internet Marketing Doesn't Have To Be Difficult!
          Sign Up Now To Learn How To Drive Traffic, Build A Massive List & Convert Them Into Lifetime Paying Customers!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5738325].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Affillionaire
      Forget the site.......I dont care nor am I refering to the amount of traffic to my site listed on there. I also don't care if it's EZA, GoArticles, or even the ACTUAL domain itself.

      I'm referring to keywords that get ranked in the #1 position (that only receive about 10-20 visits per day) , have XXX,XXX,XXX results next to it then telling people "Hey look at these keywords I'm ranking #1 out of XXX,XXX,XXX results!" "Pretty Amazing Huh?"

      When in actuality, they are getting #1 ranking for keywords that are soooo easy, but making it look like they are #1 against millions of competing websites which is NOT true.

      Thats my whole point.

      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Not trying to be a smart a$$, but what percentage of the EZA traffic actually made it to your site (1%)?

      Obviously your own site isn't ranking #1 in the SERPs for that keyword, so the only traffic your getting from that keyword as far as Google SERPs is funneled through EZA.

      I'm only asking because i see people here on WF get hooked on EZA, & I don't see any benefit to try & rank an EZA article page in the SERPs. I've brought this up in other forum threads, still don't see why people want to rank EZA pages.
      Signature
      Let Me Turn You Into An Xpert Marketer!

      Internet Marketing Doesn't Have To Be Difficult!
      Sign Up Now To Learn How To Drive Traffic, Build A Massive List & Convert Them Into Lifetime Paying Customers!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5738373].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Good news is that you actually grew and realized that pages wasn't any indication of traffic or competition. There are TON loads of people who still swear by it and they have been at this for years.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5738894].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zabalex
    Sorry to say, but there is nothing to be so surprised.

    The key phrase that you see displaying 134 million results is actually has only 3480 exact match results.
    Signature

    Developing strategies for Bay Area SEO & Doing Website Design For the World

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5737145].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Affillionaire
      No Crap.

      Your not understanding the post. read over it one more time.:rolleyes:

      Originally Posted by zabalex View Post

      Sorry to say, but there is nothing to be so surprised.

      The key phrase that you see displaying 134 million results is actually has only 3480 exact match results.
      Signature
      Let Me Turn You Into An Xpert Marketer!

      Internet Marketing Doesn't Have To Be Difficult!
      Sign Up Now To Learn How To Drive Traffic, Build A Massive List & Convert Them Into Lifetime Paying Customers!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5738339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew S
    A quoted search garners a better indicator of competition, but # of pages in this case is still a poor indicator nonetheless.
    Signature


    WF's Top 2 Reseller SEO Services for Offliners:
    Social Foundations: Reputation management & branded link building.
    Hyper-Local Citations: Custom built for your client's niche and city.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5738977].message }}

Trending Topics