Product Name Keyword Domains Will No Longer Rank On Google

14 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello Everyone,


Just wanted to ask if anyone is having any luck ranking for product name keywords these days..like amazon type keywords ?
#domains #google #keyword #longer #product #rank
  • Profile picture of the author mikal prokash
    If you get a domain name with your same as Keyword it will be great !
    Signature
    Find Latest and Cheap Premium Wordpress Theme Download From Here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5799641].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dumkist
      looks like the panda update has changed that..hard to find exact match domains on Google 1st page now
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5799660].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author J0hnnycl1ckz
        Originally Posted by Dumkist View Post

        looks like the panda update has changed that..hard to find exact match domains on Google 1st page now
        I disagree. Emd projects I've developed post panda are doing just fine. I think anchor text diversity may be to blame here nothing more.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5799676].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dumkist
          Originally Posted by J0hnnycl1ckz View Post

          I disagree. Emd projects I've developed post panda are doing just fine. I think anchor text diversity may be to blame here nothing more.

          Hi Johnny,


          So you think that the reason so many exact match domains are no longer on the first page is because of the anchor text..which panda has been said to have targeted..that makes sense.

          Now this also brings forth a new problem for all..competition can now use this against you.

          So have you had success recently for a product keyword ?..if so was it a general product keyword or exact model/brand keyword ?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5799761].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J0hnnycl1ckz
    I don't believe your competition can just blast out keyworded links to hurt you. I do believe that having to much of one anchor text will result in the links being discounted or deemed less valuable post panda. Im drawing this conclusion from seeing alot of 2 and 3 year old emds ranking on page 2-5 for the main keyword, and seeing 70%+ of their backlinks made up of the same anchor text.

    I never get emds with a brand name in them because I think it's a waste of my time to even build a site around a product that the product owner could potentially complain about down the road and have me shut down. All my emds are general, but then focus on specific products in the inner pages.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5799930].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dumkist
      Originally Posted by J0hnnycl1ckz View Post

      I don't believe your competition can just blast out keyworded links to hurt you. I do believe that having to much of one anchor text will result in the links being discounted or deemed less valuable post panda. Im drawing this conclusion from seeing alot of 2 and 3 year old emds ranking on page 2-5 for the main keyword, and seeing 70%+ of their backlinks made up of the same anchor text.

      I never get emds with a brand name in them because I think it's a waste of my time to even build a site around a product that the product owner could potentially complain about down the road and have me shut down. All my emds are general, but then focus on specific products in the inner pages.

      Thanks Johnny..say would you mind sharing how you back link post panda ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5800042].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author J0hnnycl1ckz
        Originally Posted by Dumkist View Post

        Thanks Johnny..say would you mind sharing how you back link post panda ?
        I really don't have much of a method. I try to keep my exact anchor text count just slightly above what my competition has done. I also look at the PR of all the backlinks. If my comp has 100 PR0 backlinks I build 50 PR1 backlinks and work my way up for each PR my comp has backlinks on. Usually just start with 1 PR higher and aim for 50% quantity as a starting point. I also keep content around the links as relevant as possible and only have used any type of automation on 2nd tier links.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5800415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author n0tr3v3
    I don't think buying a domain with a brand name is a good idea.
    I have seen where persons are be ask by the court to remove those domain with brand name from google by the copyrights owners.

    Don't remember where I say that post but will post the link if I should find it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5800026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WilliamBlah
    Correlation doesn't necessarily mean causality. It may be that EMDs are often used to build low quality websites, with no value to the reader.

    This, in my opinion, is likely to be the major factor at play after Panda.

    Regards
    Will
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5800044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
    Pretty misleading thread title.

    That said, they still rank just fine. But I'd prefer NOT to register product names as domains to avoid any issues down the road.

    Why not just do:

    nichekeywords.com/product-name ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5800492].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dumkist
      Originally Posted by JSProjects View Post

      Pretty misleading thread title.

      That said, they still rank just fine. But I'd prefer NOT to register product names as domains to avoid any issues down the road.

      Why not just do:

      nichekeywords.com/product-name ?
      You would have to have a pretty old domain and high Pr for that to work correct ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5800620].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeannie Crabtree
        Originally Posted by Dumkist View Post

        You would have to have a pretty old domain and high Pr for that to work correct ?
        This is what I do with most of my affiliate sites. Google ranks pages, not the just the index page, so as long as it has quality backlinks to the individual page, it works.

        The thing you will see is a new site will be favored in the ranking for a while as G figures out where it should rank, and then it usually goes down in search rank. You just need to continue building some good links to it and be patient.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5800829].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dumkist
          Originally Posted by Jeannie Crabtree View Post

          This is what I do with most of my affiliate sites. Google ranks pages, not the just the index page, so as long as it has quality backlinks to the individual page, it works.

          The thing you will see is a new site will be favored in the ranking for a while as G figures out where it should rank, and then it usually goes down in search rank. You just need to continue building some good links to it and be patient.

          Hi Jeannie,

          So let me ask you ?..is it possible to build just one website and add content about everything under the sun ?...or would google see a site like this as not being targeted enough about one topic ?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5800890].message }}

Trending Topics