Do Aged Domains Need Comparatively Small Amount of Backlinks To Improve PR?

by rafiseo Banned
13 replies
  • SEO
  • |
If I purchase one brand new and one 3 year old but PR0 domains. And then blast high PR, dofollow backlinks to the sites. Would Old domain earn better PR than new one?

Anybody experimented/experienced anything like it?
#aged #amount #backlinks #comparatively #domains #improve #small
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Coudriet
    I would not blast the new domain to start. I would build the links consistently over time. As far as increasing Page Rank goes, if all link building is equal for both sites, then than the PR0 will increase in rank faster than the PR3. The reason is that it is easier (requires less links) to go from a PR0 to a PR 1 versus going from a PR 3 to a PR 4. As PR for a site increases, it becomes exponentially harder to get to the next page rank. Quality links will go a long way in increasing PR. It will take A LOT of low quality links to increase PR.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5979658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author orpaz191
    As far as I know, the answer is no. but the website should get higher serp ranking faster and with less backlinks. It will also get less dancing in google.
    Signature

    Karma is sweet :)
    The only way to succeed is to make others successful.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5980337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rafiseo
    Banned
    actually I know benefits of old domains over new domains in ranking. But does age impact on PR? I saw a thread in DP where some controversies are going on regarding age impact on PR.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5980384].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IM Ash
    Depends what links are already pointing to the aged domain! If there aren't any links pointing to the aged domain then it will take the same amount/type of links to increase the PR of both domains.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5980955].message }}
    • Originally Posted by IM Ash View Post

      Depends what links are already pointing to the aged domain! If there aren't any links pointing to the aged domain then it will take the same amount/type of links to increase the PR of both domains.
      I agree with you. In fact, the aged domains usually have some backlinks already pointing to them; and in such cases you have to work less on your part in order to boost the rankings. Rest if the condition is the same for both the domain, in term of backlinks, then still there would be a slight difference; aged domain will take comparatively less time with the same no of backlinks.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Originally Posted by rafiseo View Post

    If I purchase one brand new and one 3 year old but PR0 domains. And then blast high PR, dofollow backlinks to the sites. Would Old domain earn better PR than new one?

    Anybody experimented/experienced anything like it?

    The age of a domain has nothing to do with PR. PR is conveyed by links
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5981132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pyramid Linkers
    The age of the domain will not impact PR. With type of links will impact PR. 30 x PR3 links (page pr not domain) will increase your PR faster than 1000 x PR0 links. This is the same for both new and aged domains. Even if an aged domain has a high PR, if the backlinks are removed, its PR will drop just like a new domain would.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5982204].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scottmacair
      I know this isn't answering your question but if you blast links to a domain there's a very good chance your will ruin the domain so it will be pointless exercise.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5982284].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Hossain
        Originally Posted by scottmacair View Post

        I know this isn't answering your question but if you blast links to a domain there's a very good chance your will ruin the domain so it will be pointless exercise.
        So you are spreading another wrong information! If that true then I can easily ruin all of my competitor's site as I own 7 different link blaster software including old dirty xrumer and my fav scrapebox.

        PS: link blasts to a new domain would be coz of temporary google dance. But it would not be harmful for either new or old domains.
        Signature

        --- Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you! Correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you --- '(◣_◢)'

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983374].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author successproducts
          Originally Posted by Hossain View Post

          So you are spreading another wrong information! If that true then I can easily ruin all of my competitor's site as I own 7 different link blaster software including old dirty xrumer and my fav scrapebox.

          PS: link blasts to a new domain would be coz of temporary google dance. But it would not be harmful for either new or old domains.

          I don't know if you link blast to your new domain is a good idea. and Yes some people can ruin their competitors by blasting it .. yes it can because google has no way of knowing ... so it's a dangerous game.

          for any new domain I suggest that you first build your web 2.0 article links with anchor text of keyword direct to your main money site -- once you get the links that YOU PERSONALLY BUILT from those web2.0 you take all of them and blast them using those web 2.0 links.

          I would not do any blasting until the main money site PR is at least 3.0. Until then do in moderation.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983481].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Hossain
            Originally Posted by successproducts View Post

            I would not do any blasting until the main money site PR is at least 3.0. Until then do in moderation.

            But I dare to blast backlinks to my brand new domains using automated link blasters. And I would like to blast links at very first day of hosting. I would not wait until toolbar update and check whether my site has got PR 3 or not.

            I can blast backlinks without using anchor texts........ ><> .... ><>.....
            Signature

            --- Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you! Correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you --- '(◣_◢)'

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983759].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author successproducts
    You may want to learn to do page rank sculpting. what it means is that you make sure all links coming back to your index page. you may want to purchase the wso Google Detonator from Precious .. in there he draw a very easy to follow flow-chart that you can follow. His stuff works ..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Traffic Master
    Banned
    Don't know about this.. But I might try too
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5984445].message }}

Trending Topics