Replace BMR with Linkvana

53 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I was previously using BMR with good success for a short time before it closed down.

I was wondering it there is any point in switching to an alternative service such as Linkvana or is it inevitable these services all go the same way as BMR?

Cheers!
#bmr #linkvana #replace
  • Profile picture of the author febbelli
    I would probably stay away from all the public blog networks right now google's taking them down one by one it's only a matter of time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alfiecat
    Thanks! I was thinking that would be the case. Are there any other alternative methods of link building which can compare to networks in terms of results and ease of use?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983102].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author febbelli
      I had fantastic results using blog networks to rank low-med comp keywords. I canceled my subscriptions around a month ago when I heard that public blog networks were going down. I haven't found anything as cost effective and quick as blog networks to rank my sites over the last month. I have been trying to find something similar as well. Hopefully a seasoned member will chime in and can give us an alternative..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983131].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author quercus5
        I'd stay away too. I'm a member of a very similar site, Linkamotion. Sticking with it until Google knocks it out, but I know its coming soon.
        Signature

        FREE WSO Ebook: Offline Marketing Vault ($17 Value): Download Here

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983171].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Boricua
        Originally Posted by febbelli View Post

        I had fantastic results using blog networks to rank low-med comp keywords. I canceled my subscriptions around a month ago when I heard that public blog networks were going down. I haven't found anything as cost effective and quick as blog networks to rank my sites over the last month. I have been trying to find something similar as well. Hopefully a seasoned member will chime in and can give us an alternative..
        Build your own network and don't let ANYONE in it

        I'm doing it, just constant adapting..works quite nicely.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7928004].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author IM nice guy
          Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

          Last time I checked the additional services it turns out to be heavily over priced for each item.

          Now I have to say that price is not always a big issue, but it is when it's producing links at PR n/a pages.

          Saying things like LinkVana has much more to offer also makes zero sense cause people only sign up for that service CAUSE of the blog network of high PR domains. Which doesn't seem to be much worth anymore since almost a year already.
          I disagree, people sign up for the quality of the service (not just the blog network) and the fact that it gets results, plain and simple. For example, I'd much prefer use linkvana for both my SEO clients, and my own sites, though it may be a little more expensive than the cheapest service out there. It's easy to use, fast, and it works, and everything is in one place, which Is one of the main perks in my opinion.

          I literally spend about an hour setting up my SEO campaigns per month.

          Originally Posted by Boricua View Post

          Build your own network and don't let ANYONE in it

          I'm doing it, just constant adapting..works quite nicely.
          Exactly, adapt and evolve, and having your own network is always ultra powerful.
          Signature

          Warriors - Try LINKVANA For Just $14 First Month, Including Credits To Try Out The System! Check it out!

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7928756].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author nik0
            Banned
            Originally Posted by IM nice guy View Post

            I disagree, people sign up for the quality of the service (not just the blog network) and the fact that it gets results, plain and simple. For example, I'd much prefer use linkvana for both my SEO clients, and my own sites
            My respect for you sunk to -10 right now.

            Using a public blog network like LinkVana for SEO CLIENTS???



            EDIT: I was reading blind indeed.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7930357].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author IM nice guy
              Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

              My respect for you sunk to -10 right now.

              Using a public blog network like LinkVana for SEO CLIENTS???



              EDIT: I was reading blind indeed.
              And I care about your respect for me? :confused:

              I get results for my clients, and improve there bottom line, that's all I (and they) care about.

              I get the job done.
              Signature

              Warriors - Try LINKVANA For Just $14 First Month, Including Credits To Try Out The System! Check it out!

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7930494].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author nik0
                Banned
                Originally Posted by IM nice guy View Post

                And I care about your respect for me? :confused:

                I get results for my clients, and improve there bottom line, that's all I (and they) care about.

                I get the job done.
                Get the job done with a network that is targeted by Google 24/7.

                Wow you must be so proud of yourself to bring your clients in such big risk.

                Unbelievable.

                Oh wait now I understand why all the larger companies / authorities tell people to avoid the warrior forum for SEO services, not only cause of the SenukeX and Fiverr resellers, but also for people who still dare to use public blog networks for their clients after the huge fiasco.

                Hey you should make friends with Maulana, perhaps you can start a link exchange with him LOL
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7930540].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author IM nice guy
                  Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

                  Get the job done with a network that is targeted by Google 24/7.

                  Wow you must be so proud of yourself to bring your clients in such big risk.

                  Unbelievable.

                  Oh wait now I understand why all the larger companies / authorities tell people to avoid the warrior forum for SEO services, not only cause of the SenukeX and Fiverr resellers, but also for people who still dare to use public blog networks for their clients after the huge fiasco.

                  Hey you should make friends with Maulana, perhaps you can start a link exchange with him LOL
                  That's the problem with assumptions. Have you actually used LV recently (in the last few months) do you know how it works?

                  It's not possible for Google or anyone else to penalize the majority of the links used in LV.

                  Good luck to you buddy. Assumptions make an ASS out of U and ME
                  Signature

                  Warriors - Try LINKVANA For Just $14 First Month, Including Credits To Try Out The System! Check it out!

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7933313].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author nik0
                    Banned
                    Originally Posted by IM nice guy View Post

                    It's not possible for Google or anyone else to penalize the majority of the links used in LV.
                    Uhu, they said that from ALN as well, and they only had user submitted sites and thus all on different IP's, themes and styles.

                    I can also read that they now divide it into segments and that not everyone can post on all the sites same like before, but if Google wants they only have to find 1 person in each segment and they wipe the whole network of the map.

                    It's not about how it happens, it's when it happens.

                    Anyway this are your clients, not mine!
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7933564].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
                    Originally Posted by IM nice guy View Post

                    That's the problem with assumptions. Have you actually used LV recently (in the last few months) do you know how it works?

                    It's not possible for Google or anyone else to penalize the majority of the links used in LV.

                    Good luck to you buddy. Assumptions make an ASS out of U and ME
                    Hopefully you have your clients sign a waiver that they understand the risks.
                    Signature
                    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7933583].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
                Originally Posted by IM nice guy View Post

                And I care about your respect for me? :confused:

                I get results for my clients, and improve there bottom line, that's all I (and they) care about.

                I get the job done.
                Sorry, but unless your clients tell you that they are ok with their site getting deindexed or penalized because they are using a churn and burn business plan, it is completely irresponsible to use a public network like Linkvana on their sites.

                Please do not tell me it is impossible for Google to find the network. Give me one site in the network and I bet I can unravel 75% of it. It's not hard and I have nowhere near the resources Google does.
                Signature
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7933519].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author IM nice guy
                  Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                  Sorry, but unless your clients tell you that they are ok with their site getting deindexed or penalized because they are using a churn and burn business plan, it is completely irresponsible to use a public network like Linkvana on their sites.

                  Please do not tell me it is impossible for Google to find the network. Give me one site in the network and I bet I can unravel 75% of it. It's not hard and I have nowhere near the resources Google does.
                  Okay, 1 site I'll give you - squidoo.com

                  are you guys getting my point? Do you understand that links coming from authority sites, and sites that are NOT owned by Linkvana really don't have much chance of ALL being found and discounted or penalized?

                  EDIT: sorry, above I had written "sites that are NOT owned by Google" obviously I meant to say Linkvana, not Google. My bad.
                  Signature

                  Warriors - Try LINKVANA For Just $14 First Month, Including Credits To Try Out The System! Check it out!

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7933821].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
          Originally Posted by Boricua View Post

          Build your own network and don't let ANYONE in it

          I'm doing it, just constant adapting..works quite nicely.
          I've been doing that since 2006. If I hadn't been, things would have gotten bad in the last few years
          Signature
          Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7930372].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NXmarketeer
    I would not invest in ANY blog network right now. Try something else man! Google deindexes everything day by day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RoyCTP
    I have had no trouble with linkvana, but this latest google fiasco has troubled me. I think I am going to cancel my sub after this month. What have other customers thought?
    Signature
    High Quality Custom WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal Themes by Custom Theme Packages see our reviews!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983192].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
    I just checked ~20 posts I had in Linkvana that showed up in my google alerts for my keywords. They were all deindexed ... so Linkvana have been affected as well. Paid good money for those as well ....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983193].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mosthost
    Google has gotten VERY effective at deindexing websites.

    Steer clear of blog networks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ThatAblaze
    It's all a risk. Most of the people here have no idea what Big G will do next. The only ones that do already work for G and will say anything they can to keep you scared. The only people that will tell you that linkvana will be around tomorrow are the owners of linkvana.

    That's not to say that it won't be around, but think of it this way: If you're paying that $150/mo what you are really paying for, in the long run, is that little bit of permanent boost from each article that will stick around for years. That's what adds up.

    Would you buy a ticket on a bus if the deal was "We'll try to get you there, but there's someone gunning for our company right now, and it might be shut down at any moment. If we get shut down we'll leave you back at the start and maybe refund any unused portion of your ticket." I mean, that's a heck of a gamble.

    Personally, I would only do it if $150/mo means nothing to me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5983275].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BillyPilgrim
      If this many people know about ANY blog network it's a goner. I outsource to one but it's all hush hush. If you can afford the buck fiddy a month best to start your own with different providers, etc. Don and Jeremy had a great course on this.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5984101].message }}
  • I have an SEO friend who's still recommending LinkVana, but I agree -- everything just changes so fast.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5984821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
    After what happened to BMR, i would stay away from LV. I mean...I don't see why they couldn't get hit the same way as well.

    I would probably focus on other link building methods. These blog networks seem to come and go..

    -Omar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5985527].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebPen
    Don't do it-

    I think Google went after BMR first because it was the most powerful public blog network.

    Now that it's out of the way, others like Linkvana will be next.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5985547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author samual james
    I am surprised !
    we very well know that blog networks are de-indexed by search engines and you are talking such kind of risk, its not advisable thing to do
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5986018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scottmacair
      Way too risky in the current climate. Using blog networks like Linkvana & ALN is just asking for trouble. To be honest i'm surprised they have not been hit with the big deindixing hammer yet.

      The trouble with PBN links is that when google busts the network they just know all the links on the network point to sites that are engaging in link building. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't send out a mass Unnatural Links Detected Penalty to any site linked to from the network.

      At least with a web 2, the links could be viewed as natural but the same cannot be said of PBN links.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5988014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bitdoze
    I don't think blogs networks are a good idea after the latest Google updates, I have done a case study with Linkvana, more can be found on bitdoze.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5988688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hthomas
    Well There is no doubt Linkvana worked well. I used it for two of my clients and produced awesome results in limited time period. In-Fact those were long term results...

    Basically its not yet clear that is Google going to down all blog networks or just those who are not using correct content...

    Last week I read an article in which he said, "Google wants concrete content on blogs". which means we should go with unique content as much as we can...

    Anyhow I'm still waiting for clear announcement from google.. just like one clear announce from Cutts was, "Google will down all websites which are overly optimize".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5989710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
    I just checked 25 more links to my sites from Linkvana as identified via Open Site Explorer. Every single on of them was from a Linkvana blog that was deindexed.

    I know 25 is a small sample, but its 100% (ALN probably only had a 75% deindex rate)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5990752].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thedog
      What about just targeting your backlinks with linkvana, ie, your web 2.0 properties.

      I'm using an SEO service that has access to it, but I'm just wondering, is there any risk to my main site... if I target my 2nd tier sites?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6000732].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BackLinkiT
        Originally Posted by thedog View Post

        What about just targeting your backlinks with linkvana, ie, your web 2.0 properties.

        I'm using an SEO service that has access to it, but I'm just wondering, is there any risk to my main site... if I target my 2nd tier sites?
        no risk perhaps but no benefit either from a deindexed domain.

        OP you are jumping out of the frying pan into the fire matey. forget it!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6000913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IM Ash
    Sorry, for pulling up this old thread but I was wondering whether Linvana is has survived? I see they overhauled their system by including a diverse type of links including social and web2.0's. Any members care to share their experience?

    Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6707731].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
      Originally Posted by IM Ash View Post

      Sorry, for pulling up this old thread but I was wondering whether Linvana is has survived? I see they overhauled their system by including a diverse type of links including social and web2.0's. Any members care to share their experience?

      Thanks!
      Assume that this will get deleted as someone started a thread asking about Linkvana a month or so ago and it mysteriously got deleted after I posted it was affected!!!!

      Linkvana was affected like any other blog network. All the posts that I had in the linkvana network that I could identify via Google alerts ended up being deindexed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6707790].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author greatestmj
    Stay away from all public blog networks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6708758].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IM nice guy
      Originally Posted by greatestmj View Post

      Stay away from all public blog networks.
      Totally unfounded comment, LV still does fine, and it's not just a "blog network", it provides all types of backlinks, high PR, etc
      Signature

      Warriors - Try LINKVANA For Just $14 First Month, Including Credits To Try Out The System! Check it out!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7924697].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
        Originally Posted by IM nice guy View Post

        Totally unfounded comment, LV still does fine, and it's not just a "blog network", it provides all types of backlinks, high PR, etc
        Care to explain why ALL of the backlinks that I could find I got from linkvana to my sites (links initially detected via Google alerts) are all now on deindexed sites?

        As I said above:
        Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post

        Assume that this will get deleted as someone started a thread asking about Linkvana a month or so ago and it mysteriously got deleted after I posted it was affected!!!!

        Linkvana was affected like any other blog network. All the posts that I had in the linkvana network that I could identify via Google alerts ended up being deindexed.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7924871].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author IM nice guy
          Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post

          Care to explain why ALL of the backlinks that I could find I got from linkvana to my sites (links initially detected via Google alerts) are all now on deindexed sites?

          As I said above:

          You shouldn't just use (or maybe not at all) the private network part of LV, which is now less than about 5% of what they offer in to members...

          If you got all your links from a private network of sites, and didn't diversify, then I hate to say it, but you pretty much asked for it.
          Signature

          Warriors - Try LINKVANA For Just $14 First Month, Including Credits To Try Out The System! Check it out!

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7925633].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
            Originally Posted by IM nice guy View Post

            You shouldn't just use (or maybe not at all) the private network part of LV, which is now less than about 5% of what they offer in to members...

            If you got all your links from a private network of sites, and didn't diversify, then I hate to say it, but you pretty much asked for it.
            What nonsense! How is it my fault that Linkvana's network got deindexed?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7926511].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author IM nice guy
              Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post

              What nonsense! How is it my fault that Linkvana's network got deindexed?
              You weren't to know, but it was always a good idea to diversify link types, sources, domains, and IPs.

              I screwed up with some of my sites on this too, not trying to sound arrogant Just don't want people to get the wrong impression of LV without seeing what it's like NOW.
              Signature

              Warriors - Try LINKVANA For Just $14 First Month, Including Credits To Try Out The System! Check it out!

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7926958].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author nik0
                Banned
                Originally Posted by IM nice guy View Post

                You weren't to know, but it was always a good idea to diversify link types, sources, domains, and IPs.

                I screwed up with some of my sites on this too, not trying to sound arrogant Just don't want people to get the wrong impression of LV without seeing what it's like NOW.
                Last time I checked the additional services it turns out to be heavily over priced for each item.

                Now I have to say that price is not always a big issue, but it is when it's producing links at PR n/a pages.

                Saying things like LinkVana has much more to offer also makes zero sense cause people only sign up for that service CAUSE of the blog network of high PR domains. Which doesn't seem to be much worth anymore since almost a year already.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7927161].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by IM nice guy View Post

        Totally unfounded comment, LV still does fine, and it's not just a "blog network", it provides all types of backlinks, high PR, etc
        Yeah anyhow says the guy selling Linkvana in his signature. :rolleyes:
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7924887].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Backlinko
    Replace BMR with real links.
    Signature
    Find Awesome Keywords...Without ANY Tools
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7924910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEO Eddie
    I would be very careful about using public blog networks at this moment in time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7924933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smodha
    Yep, stay below the private blog radar. Google's "Panda Cub" (I just made that up) is targeting private networks.

    I seem to remember Cutts tweeting about it.
    Signature
    I Sell What People Want. The Money Is A Bonus..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7924973].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IM nice guy
      Originally Posted by smodha View Post

      Yep, stay below the private blog radar. Google's "Panda Cub" (I just made that up) is targeting private networks.

      I seem to remember Cutts tweeting about it.

      Again, LV is not really a private network anymore. Most of the links you get as part of the membership are NOT on linkvana owned domains.
      Signature

      Warriors - Try LINKVANA For Just $14 First Month, Including Credits To Try Out The System! Check it out!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7925639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markwilson4074
    Linkvana and similar networks are now fully exposed, so the results are not as good as they used to be.
    It keeps on changing on frequent basis, so link diversity is the ultimate solution for better results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7925656].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KingRoyal
    I tried LV, I did not like it, the backend is pretty crappy for the price you pay. I use Linkauthority and have gotten great results from that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7925929].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smodha
    Uh oh, somebody's unleashed the Ewoks in this thread...
    Signature
    I Sell What People Want. The Money Is A Bonus..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7933639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smodha
    @ IM Guy - something you can do to resolve a dispute like this is to post a case study. Give us proof that the methods/strategies work.

    Just my 2 cents...
    Signature
    I Sell What People Want. The Money Is A Bonus..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7933824].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by smodha View Post

      @ IM Guy - something you can do to resolve a dispute like this is to post a case study. Give us proof that the methods/strategies work.

      Just my 2 cents...
      Nobody needs to post a case study.

      The argument has nothing to do with whether or not LinkVana works.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7933881].message }}

Trending Topics