Don't be afraid to network with other marketers, it may even lead to making money.

by nest28
14 replies
  • SEO
  • |
This is the last thread I'll be making for a while, this topic has been on my mind for the last couple of weeks. I believe that networking ,sharing ideas,methods and resources can defiantly lead to becoming more successful online. I mean when you think about that is the very nature of this forum. But I would like to take it a step further, everyone seems so secretive on the warrior forum, most don't like to share their methods and that's understandable, others don't like to show their face, and I suppose that's understandable as well.

When I made my threads and they started to get some what popular I decided to change my avatar to real picture of myself so people could see exactly who they are talking to. I been reading up on this subject and other marketers agree that networking is a really good thing to do, that may also end up being profitable.

If your a newbie this should really be on your to do list, because you can avoid so many mistakes by knowing other marketers who can steer you in the right direction.

I don't have any friends, that know what seo is,linkbuilding,building e-mail list etc, the only person that listens to me is my girlfriend , but I always feel like I'm boring her with all of my ideas, plus she doesn't fully understand what I'm talking about.

It would be nice to, message friends on fb,skype or even call and talk on phone about different internet topics, I actually saw a service on the warrior forum where they would charge you a hundred dollars just for a hour conversation, you can get the same thing with me for free.

Well I've said enough, this thread ended up being much longer than I wanted. If you want to share ideas,methods,resources or you just want some advice contact me. For those who would like to really share some ideas send friend request on fb or something, I really don't like the pm system here.


My name is Ernest Roker, I'm ex police officer currently seeking to make a full time income online once again, I have 2 sons, ages 10 and 5. I live in the city of brotherly love all my life. It's very nice to meet you.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000977189140 you have to be logged into fb to view this link.
#afraid #lead #making #marketers #money #network
  • Profile picture of the author unclebuck
    Hey Nest,
    I've seen some of your threads, and they all seem very relevant and useful and sincere. It can be somewhat isolating to not be able to talk to people about IM and that is why I like the WF. I think you are right that networking can really help to keep us motivated and also help to springboard things for success.

    Hang in there buddy! I have a 2 and a 3 year old and have been out of work for over a year and a half so we are relying on what we make online which needs to increase soon. I refuse to give up, the IM world can throw whatever it wants to at me and I will find a way to make it work.

    I'm glad you decided not to give up either my friend! Keep up the good work!
    Signature
    Free Pinterest Marketing Guide Click Here to get yours today - Harness the Power of Pinterest
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6153813].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by unclebuck View Post

      Hey Nest,
      I've seen some of your threads, and they all seem very relevant and useful and sincere. It can be somewhat isolating to not be able to talk to people about IM and that is why I like the WF. I think you are right that networking can really help to keep us motivated and also help to springboard things for success.

      Hang in there buddy! I have a 2 and a 3 year old and have been out of work for over a year and a half so we are relying on what we make online which needs to increase soon. I refuse to give up, the IM world can throw whatever it wants to at me and I will find a way to make it work.

      I'm glad you decided not to give up either my friend! Keep up the good work!
      Thank you for letting me I'm not the only one out there feeling like this, I hope things get better for you and your family, with the type of attitude you have I'm sure you'll find success shortly.

      It's to bad other marketers look over threads like these, If you mention the word adsense, or how much you make from adsense your sure to get plenty of views,questions and comments, but when you talk about other topics no one cares as much.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6154191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author josephpeter
    that's one nice message, I think I will show my face.
    For me i'm fairly new and some of the darker side that
    is out there kind of made me want to stay anon.

    Confidence to connect also, and know enough to hold a conversation.

    Nice one Ernest,

    Honesty is the best policy in my book.

    JosephPeter
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6154994].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by josephpeter View Post

      that's one nice message, I think I will show my face.
      For me i'm fairly new and some of the darker side that
      is out there kind of made me want to stay anon.

      Confidence to connect also, and know enough to hold a conversation.

      Nice one Ernest,

      Honesty is the best policy in my book.

      JosephPeter
      Thanx I just want to connect with a few good people , it doesn't really matter if your a noob or a experience marketer we can all learn from each other.

      I tell you right now a newbie that has 5 experienced marketers as friends has a much better chance at being successful, and the same goes for intermediate market.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6155013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ceilbleu
    hi nest, actually you are a police officer or large gate maker?
    i've read your another thread that you mentioned you are an employee on company that make very large gate. just curious
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6233966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DPM70
    Hey Ernest,

    Keep on doing what you're doing. I know you'll be successful. Probably a good thing to get out of here for a while and get on with your work. You've definitely been one of the best contributors around here for a long time.

    Good luck!
    Signature
    I don't build in order to have clients. I have clients in order to build. - Ayn Rand
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6234075].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author greboguru
      Originally Posted by DPM70 View Post

      Hey Ernest,

      Keep on doing what you're doing. I know you'll be successful. Probably a good thing to get out of here for a while and get on with your work. You've definitely been one of the best contributors around here for a long time.

      Good luck!
      I agree ... I've found your posts thought provoking, useful and very well written. I don't normally comment on these things (my middle name is 'lurker') but like I say I've enjoyed reading what you've got to say and look forward to hearing of your successes in the future

      Thanks

      Scott (UK, penguin hating IM noob)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6234405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author slix
    I agree with you Nest and admire your honesty and direct approach as well. Added you on FB!

    Slix
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6234763].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by ceilbleu View Post

      hi nest, actually you are a police officer or large gate maker?
      i've read your another thread that you mentioned you are an employee on company that make very large gate. just curious
      I worked making gates way back when I was 23, I'm 30 now. My last job was private security and before that law enforcement.
      Originally Posted by DPM70 View Post

      Hey Ernest,

      Keep on doing what you're doing. I know you'll be successful. Probably a good thing to get out of here for a while and get on with your work. You've definitely been one of the best contributors around here for a long time.

      Good luck!
      Thanx and yes I defiantly needed to get to work, I started on my new project and some how messed up my template. The blog title is not shown, only the url. This has resulted in almost no traffic. I have fix this mistake now I have to wait until google crawls my site again. I'm up to 52 pages, waiting on another 30 articles to be completed.

      Originally Posted by greboguru View Post

      I agree ... I've found your posts thought provoking, useful and very well written. I don't normally comment on these things (my middle name is 'lurker') but like I say I've enjoyed reading what you've got to say and look forward to hearing of your successes in the future
      Thanks

      Scott (UK, penguin hating IM noob)
      Well written I wish lol, but thank you very much.

      Originally Posted by slix View Post

      I agree with you Nest and admire your honesty and direct approach as well. Added you on FB!

      Slix
      Glad you did, I was wondering why I was getting so many new friend requests. I came on wf just to see if anything new was going on, and was surprised to see this thread.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6234877].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dmtaylor247
        Hey Nest I added you too, I'm gonna kick this forum to the wall soon too - only really used it to catch up on Google updates while testing a few ideas out. Got my plans now for some new sites, I'm selling all my domains off this week, I'll be building 3 sites in total all whitehat and over 1000+ pages and inspired by your thread so just putting the plans and KW research together then gonna get stuck into over the next 6/12 months and build some amazing sites. I've done it before so sure I'll get back up there...

        Like you said it can be hard doing IM and SEO because you don't really have any professional connections, the whole industry is isolated through internet connections and a wall of get rich quick BS, most of the people around me don't understand what I do, so yeah sometimes it's good to talk to people on the same wave length and are interested in the same things I am, also people that are going to look at the wider picture and not jump into things through sheer arrogance and ignorance, like 90% of the people on this forum, are just lambs to the slaughther...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6235204].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nest28
          Originally Posted by dmtaylor247 View Post

          Hey Nest I added you too, I'm gonna kick this forum to the wall soon too - only really used it to catch up on Google updates while testing a few ideas out. Got my plans now for some new sites, I'm selling all my domains off this week, I'll be building 3 sites in total all whitehat and over 1000+ pages and inspired by your thread so just putting the plans and KW research together then gonna get stuck into over the next 6/12 months and build some amazing sites. I've done it before so sure I'll get back up there...

          Like you said it can be hard doing IM and SEO because you don't really have any professional connections, the whole industry is isolated through internet connections and a wall of get rich quick BS, most of the people around me don't understand what I do, so yeah sometimes it's good to talk to people on the same wave length and are interested in the same things I am, also people that are going to look at the wider picture and not jump into things through sheer arrogance and ignorance, like 90% of the people on this forum, are just lambs to the slaughther...
          Hey I left you a message on fb explaining how I can't send messages on wf. Yea that's what I'm going to do, build very large sites and rank for hundreds if not thousands of keywords. I've been looking into how to use google analytic better.

          The other day I checked to see how many visits I received from articles with titles made from my analytic's. And a lil over half my traffic came from these articles. I'm talking about 7,000 visit all from using phrases from google analytic's info, and when I checked these same phrase in google keyword tool they all have a search count of 0. I'm been trying to tell people don't rely on these keyword tools.
          Signature

          Somewhere watching Power.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6235312].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author dmtaylor247
            Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

            I'm been trying to tell people don't rely on these keyword tools.
            That's what I've been finding all the data is skewed and unreliable. I bought ulimate niche finder yesterday to get some ideas but it uses the same data.

            I pulled out one long tail with a cpc of $5.50, but then I go and put it in adwords it says $0.50 + there are no advertisers in Google for it? wtf? I don't know where they're getting the bidding data from but I'm gonna email them and ask them about it..

            Well I'm just going to go your route pick and handful start there and then write conversational posts from analytics, can't wait to get started again.. it's been a real downer the last 2 weeks..
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6235394].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author yukon
              Banned
              Originally Posted by dmtaylor247 View Post

              That's what I've been finding all the data is skewed and unreliable. I bought ulimate niche finder yesterday to get some ideas but it uses the same data.

              I pulled out one long tail with a cpc of $5.50, but then I go and put it in adwords it says $0.50 + there are no advertisers in Google for it? wtf? I don't know where they're getting the bidding data from but I'm gonna email them and ask them about it..

              Well I'm just going to go your route pick and handful start there and then write conversational posts from analytics, can't wait to get started again.. it's been a real downer the last 2 weeks..
              Most software gets their CPC data from the Google Keyword Tool which is wrong. The CPC on the GKT is for the guys advertisng in Google SERPs (Adwords advertisers).

              You need the CPC from the Google Contextual Tool, then divide that CPC number by 2, this will give you a rough estimate that is realistic since the Contextual Tool CPC is the price Adwords advertisers will pay, minus Googles cut/percentage of the money.

              Example, If your keyword in Google Contextual Tool has a CPC of $1.50, divide that by 2 for your rough estimate:

              $1.50 / 2 = $0.75

              The earnings per Adsense click estimate is $0.75.

              You can never do better than an estimate on earnings per click because Adwords is an auction type bidding system, plus quality scores for Adwords & the fact that the amount of competition varies constantly.
              • As far as Adsense, the Google Keyword Tool is only for traffic estimates, not money.
              • The Google Contextual Tool is the best you will get for money estimates, for Adsense CPC.
              Signature
              Hi
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6235488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nest28
    So long as your site is based on high paying keywords you wont have to check the cpc.
    Beside most of the time the long tail traffic will only click on your most popular articles. They never clicked on any of my posts that were in the form of a question, they all clicked on topics such as careers,salary, and schools.

    I think all keyword tools get there info from Google's keyword tool , that's why there all wrong.
    Signature

    Somewhere watching Power.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6235440].message }}

Trending Topics