Still worth ranking local clients websites on first page or just focus on Google PLACES?

by D37
10 replies
  • SEO
  • |
So I'm looking at contacting local businesses past the first 2 pages and asking them if they could SEO services to rank their website to the first page of google for a local keyword term, BUT I'm wondering if it's still worth ranking their company website for "plumber city" or whether I should speak to them about ranking in Google places instead...?
#clients #focus #google #local #page #places #ranking #websites #worth
  • Profile picture of the author Pyramid Linkers
    There is still value in it. And keep in mind, local listings don't dominate the first page for all local markets. Just do your research and make the calls. This is how I started and I can tell you from experience that you will find success if you stay persistent. And remember to keep the terminology straight forward so you don't come off as just another internet marketer. Because I assure you, they get these types of calls and emails every day. Good Luck with it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6185840].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author D37
    Okay thanks so you think feel I should still try and rank peoples websites for the first page instead of Google places...? Also, say there is a client on the 4th page of google for "plumber city", how much should I charge them to get on the first page for "plumber city"?
    Signature

    Thank you to everyone on WF for all the great information, help, support, and kindness you have all shared!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6186120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pyramid Linkers
    Try whatever you are best at. The most important thing is you provide value to your customers and either option is a viable model. As far as pricing, you have a few option. You can go the low margin, high volume route, and pick up as many clients that you can honestly handle. Or you go after larger, higher paying clients, but be prepared to offer value in proportion to what you are charging. Prices can range, I charge my SEO clients $100 or less. But my model is scalable, and more importantly provides significant value for the cost. For other services like web/design and some of the other more time intensive tasks, I charge a significant amount more. At the end of the day, its about running a business so the better work you do, the higher payoff.

    And you may or may not know this, but DO NOT spend a ton of time on your website/logo/business cards/preparations etc....... Your most important time will be spent on two things. Getting clients, and serving your existing clients. Don't lose site of that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6189218].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
    The thing is that Google has been merging results for over a year now so its important to work on organic presence but also presence in Places as well.

    So the answer to your question is both.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6189234].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author unclebuck
    You can also use PPC to get their site on the first page of google and they seem to love that fact even if it is using paid means to be on the first page of G.
    Signature
    Free Pinterest Marketing Guide Click Here to get yours today - Harness the Power of Pinterest
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6189783].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author D37
      Originally Posted by Pyramid Linkers View Post

      Try whatever you are best at. The most important thing is you provide value to your customers and either option is a viable model. As far as pricing, you have a few option. You can go the low margin, high volume route, and pick up as many clients that you can honestly handle. Or you go after larger, higher paying clients, but be prepared to offer value in proportion to what you are charging. Prices can range, I charge my SEO clients $100 or less. But my model is scalable, and more importantly provides significant value for the cost. For other services like web/design and some of the other more time intensive tasks, I charge a significant amount more. At the end of the day, its about running a business so the better work you do, the higher payoff.

      And you may or may not know this, but DO NOT spend a ton of time on your website/logo/business cards/preparations etc....... Your most important time will be spent on two things. Getting clients, and serving your existing clients. Don't lose site of that.
      Great advice thank you. I was planning on outsourcing the SEO so I can focus on other things. I was thinking of charging clients $2500 to get their website to the first page. But overall I'm still not sure which I should go after, Google Places or their website.

      Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

      The thing is that Google has been merging results for over a year now so its important to work on organic presence but also presence in Places as well.

      So the answer to your question is both.
      Do you suggest we work on one before another? As well I was thinking of charging those clients who are past the 2nd page of Google, $2500 to get their site ranked to the first page...not sure if this is too much to charge for that and if maybe Google Places would be better value for the client.

      Originally Posted by unclebuck View Post

      You can also use PPC to get their site on the first page of google and they seem to love that fact even if it is using paid means to be on the first page of G.
      Very good point. Do you recommend any good local PPC courses I can check out? As you can tell I'm pretty new to offline.
      Signature

      Thank you to everyone on WF for all the great information, help, support, and kindness you have all shared!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6189855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dmtaylor247
    Before you go picking business' out of a hat read my post here;

    http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-...ml#post6178113
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6189849].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author D37
    Any more advice please?
    Signature

    Thank you to everyone on WF for all the great information, help, support, and kindness you have all shared!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jimgk
    to be clear - you are offering to get - their website from page 2 or 3 onto page 1 (thus serp 10 or better) for one keyword phrase. so if that phrase get 25 exact searches a month and spot 10 gets 5% of the searches of page 1 results, they might get one visitor per month to their site if they are lucky. example, ontario plumber gets 22 searches a month. not sure most would pay $2500 for that, if they know all the facts. not a criticism, just an observation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195246].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author D37
      Originally Posted by jimgk View Post

      to be clear - you are offering to get - their website from page 2 or 3 onto page 1 (thus serp 10 or better) for one keyword phrase. so if that phrase get 25 exact searches a month and spot 10 gets 5% of the searches of page 1 results, they might get one visitor per month to their site if they are lucky. example, ontario plumber gets 22 searches a month. not sure most would pay $2500 for that, if they know all the facts. not a criticism, just an observation.
      Yeah no one searches for ontario plumber for a reason. I'm looking at terms like toronto plumber, etc... I'm looking at local keywords that get minimum 1000 exact searches a month. Getting 1 of those people past the 2 pages of google onto the 1st page for $2500. Though if they are position 10 how many hits/customers will they actually get...
      Signature

      Thank you to everyone on WF for all the great information, help, support, and kindness you have all shared!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195301].message }}

Trending Topics