The FUNNIEST Google Penguin Screw up - How to rank POST PENGUIN!!

by Chucky
29 replies
  • SEO
  • |
One of the things Google 'took care of' with Penguin was anchor text hyperlinks embedded within irrelevant text.

Guess what? It ranks one of those very spammy web 2.0 blogs for a competitive, highly commercial keyword phrase.

Search for 'Pregnancy Miracle' and about #5, you get cametennus892 - Senator ar-t.ev a supoorter associated with Governor Frar of New York, in tr.at the s asp.rations to

Guess what the text is?

Senator ar-t.ev a supoorter associated with Governor Frar of New York, in tr.at the s asp.rations to
cametennus892July 5th, 2011 Current Mood: pensive
****, T I'ullmer Forl Houf. pregnancy miracle review . us Premier of Canada toiiersoiially nsrcr- lin from him in case he was to re- uesl huch a cnnfi'reiiLc, getting In lew ial Ihe undersigned and his oollcuKuos i the (loxorninenl (if Mnnlioba had pub. Daly can be laid track of a sore fco b) llic removal of a new corn. but claims In view involving thc local enmities and dis- sensions In the Balkans It might be over-sanguine to expect virtually any immedi- ate development pregnancy miracle.

Bache- lors In Winnipeg are finding It diffi- cult to find personal homes which will take them in. BUSINESS OJIANOE pregnancy miracle. S : p michael. PAGETUuK THE GETTYSBURG TIMES, THURSDAY, 04 THE GETTYSBURG Occasions Vmat and New PnbHsbtnc Co. PENT For you to MIN'AL SBU At Dorbv AikieM Mr.
And then somewhere on 2nd page, there is another one of those


You already know or suspect youve uterine/tubal illness, endometriosis, fibroids, or hormonal imbalance like PCOS (for polycystic ovarian syndrome). And when y - yfrit408's JimdoPage!


Yah... I know longest most rubbish filled URL ever


And if you thought the URL was nonsense, checkout the text



You already know or suspect youve uterine/tubal illness, endometriosis, fibroids, or hormonal imbalance like PCOS (for polycystic ovarian syndrome). And when y


Your Specialist GroupWhy Do you want a Agreement Certainly, a number of your physicians will probably be female and a few might be male. They have equally been by way of the assisted reproductive know-how (Artwork) mill to construct their very own households. Exactly where Do We Draw the Line The truth stays that each personal is distinctive. Your Specialized GroupWhy Do you want a Agreement Our original meeting with Dr.


Ya I know I gave the poor guy a few links from WF, but worry not, the links embedded within irrelevant text, so the site won't get any beneficial link juice from it; gosh... I may even have done my first negative SEO campaign...

Don't know what to believe any more
#funniest #google #panda #penguin #penguin update #screw
  • Profile picture of the author Carl Brown
    That's funny. The spam comments make more sense than the spun "article"

    You're right. None of this makes sense, except I know where Google is going and what kinds of sites won't survive. It's better to be heading in the same direction Google is going. You'll survive longer and with fewer ups and downs
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6191588].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    I checked the first 5 pages of Google SERPs in the US (east coast) & that site (cametennus892.livejournal.com) doesn't show up anyplace.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6191603].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Banned
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I checked the first 5 pages of Google SERPs in the US (east coast) & that site (cametennus892.livejournal.com) doesn't show up anyplace.
      Doesn't show up in mine either. Outside of that empty Blogger blog under "Make Money Online" a few weeks back (and even that went away after a day) I can't seem to duplicate any of these crap results people claim to be getting...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6191651].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author LarryHaywood
        Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

        Doesn't show up in mine either. Outside of that empty Blogger blog under "Make Money Online" a few weeks back (and even that went away after a day) I can't seem to duplicate any of these crap results people claim to be getting...
        Why would you want to duplicate them? In the other thread, you say it's a waste of time and you should just work on building your business?
        Signature

        Doing what everyone else is doing? You'll get the same results... 97% fail. Are you a sheep or a wolf? My team and I are changing the game. It's not as hard to make it online as you might think. Let's connect and see if we can help you.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194587].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheProgrammer
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I checked the first 5 pages of Google SERPs in the US (east coast) & that site (cametennus892.livejournal.com) doesn't show up anyplace.
      this site is not even under 50

      @chucky: better you should clear your browser cache and then check again.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6191658].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OneManSEO
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I checked the first 5 pages of Google SERPs in the US (east coast) & that site (cametennus892.livejournal.com) doesn't show up anyplace.
      It showed up for me at #6 after I logged out of my Gmail account. When I am logged in it doesn't show up.

      Makes you wonder...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6192063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author emigre
    I'm getting that site at #5...guess different data centres.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6191636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
    #6 for me.

    I've read it 3x and still can't make ANY sense of it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6191650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ale88
    Look what I found in #4

    The title without description and a rarous url:

    pregnancy miracle review


    awl.li/6G
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6191676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oracle_320th
    Danny Sullivan also discusses the same thing:

    Did Penguin Make Google's Search Results Better Or Worse?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6192018].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chronic IM
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6192147].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      It begs the question, who is searching for "pregnancy miracle"?

      When you do ridiculous searches for ridiculous terms, you
      are bound to get what...ridiculous results?

      Man I still don't know why you people are not working
      hard on your sites the way you do searching google.

      If anyone who works for google actually reads this stuff,
      they must be just ROTFL.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6192165].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        It begs the question, who is searching for "pregnancy miracle"?

        When you do ridiculous searches for ridiculous terms, you
        are bound to get what...ridiculous results?

        Man I still don't know why you people are not working
        hard on your sites the way you do searching google.

        If anyone who works for google actually reads this stuff,
        they must be just ROTFL.

        Paul
        First of all, is "make money online" also a ridiculous search? Because Google ranked a trashy blogger EMD on the the first page when Penguin was released.

        Secondly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least some people searching the term "pregnancy miracle." The amount of longtail keywords searched by users far exceeds the amount of traffic generated from popular search terms.

        I think DMOZ claimed something like 20% of all Google searches are completely unique. <--- Meaning they haven't been created or typed in before. Therefore, it's perfectly reasonable to judge google based on obscure keywords.

        ---> Danny Sullivan's Comparison of Google vs Bing - Post Penguin <----

        The above link has already been posted earlier in this thread. If you're into SEO, then you may definitely find it worth a read through.

        The Penguin update has been an epic fail so far. Dishing out an "overoptimization penalty" is bound to create more irrelevant rankings for weird terms. But Google is failing for even some "common terms."
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6192233].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Brendan Mace View Post

          Secondly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least some people searching the term "pregnancy miracle."
          6.600 exact match searches per month. I was never one to base keyword research on the number of Google searches it gets, so you guys who do that often can determine if this is a sizable volume or not.

          Originally Posted by LarryHaywood View Post

          Why would you want to duplicate them? In the other thread, you say it's a waste of time and you should just work on building your business?
          My work is done for the day. Now I get to point out the flaws in logic for trolls...er "people" like you .
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194681].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author LarryHaywood
            Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

            My work is done for the day. Now I get to point out the flaws in logic for trolls...er "people" like you .
            Well, maybe the people that post the Google Penguin threads are done working for the day... Ever consider that?

            BTW, just a FYI, the search results tool varies depending on your location. I noticed you pointed out a kw phrase and stated the number of exact searches it showed you. The number was vastly different on my end.
            Signature

            Doing what everyone else is doing? You'll get the same results... 97% fail. Are you a sheep or a wolf? My team and I are changing the game. It's not as hard to make it online as you might think. Let's connect and see if we can help you.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195078].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Chucky
              Originally Posted by LarryHaywood View Post

              BTW, just a FYI, the search results tool varies depending on your location. I noticed you pointed out a kw phrase and stated the number of exact searches it showed you. The number was vastly different on my end.
              Here in Central Illinois, exact Global is 6600 and exact Local is 3600. I don't think, these numbers change among data centers within Google.com, but I may be wrong. I also only use these numbers as guidelines and nothing more.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195112].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author LarryHaywood
                Originally Posted by Chucky View Post

                Here in Central Illinois, exact Global is 6600 and exact Local is 3600. I don't think, these numbers change among data centers within Google.com, but I may be wrong. I also only use these numbers as guidelines and nothing more.
                I think you may be correct here. I either read wrong or confused kw. Double checked and my results are same as yours.
                Signature

                Doing what everyone else is doing? You'll get the same results... 97% fail. Are you a sheep or a wolf? My team and I are changing the game. It's not as hard to make it online as you might think. Let's connect and see if we can help you.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195413].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Chucky
                  Originally Posted by radivoj View Post

                  I know this because I have been ranked site #1 on Google for keyword how to... that has 34K exact search per month Local, site was convert very bad 1 sale per 500 CTR which was taking 1300 visitors to make one conversion,for such a keyword's you need strong copywriting in order to make them convert into sales they are just research keyword's not buyer...
                  Yeah, that's how I found out as well, after a lot of hours and $

                  I think that's when you should try to build a list with that traffic and monetize the backend. I tried doing that once with a free ebook offer, but never sent them an email with an affiliate offer

                  Originally Posted by LarryHaywood View Post

                  I think you may be correct here. I either read wrong or confused kw. Double checked and my results are same as yours.
                  finally... getting something right this week
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6197630].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
              Banned
              Originally Posted by LarryHaywood View Post

              Well, maybe the people that post the Google Penguin threads are done working for the day... Ever consider that?
              Given the whiny nature of the threads, sig links to crap "SEO" techniques, and completely baseless arguments that they make I tend to look at these people as the type who don't know what work is in the first place.

              The fact that they based their entire business on Google only further proves me right :rolleyes:.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195151].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author LarryHaywood
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        It begs the question, who is searching for "pregnancy miracle"?

        When you do ridiculous searches for ridiculous terms, you
        are bound to get what...ridiculous results?

        Man I still don't know why you people are not working
        hard on your sites the way you do searching google.

        If anyone who works for google actually reads this stuff,
        they must be just ROTFL.

        Paul
        Another nice regurgitated post Paul. Two thumbs down.
        Signature

        Doing what everyone else is doing? You'll get the same results... 97% fail. Are you a sheep or a wolf? My team and I are changing the game. It's not as hard to make it online as you might think. Let's connect and see if we can help you.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ishuvonet
    I think these things will be fixed soon.Google must have to do this since people are getting funny/irrelevant results on Google for any sort of search query.
    Signature
    Shuvo Shahid
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6192213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author radivoj
    well people that search kw "pregnancy miracle" they specifically search for ClickBank product "pregnancy miracle" not searching for some miracle to get pregnant, before they decide to make a purchase they want to make sure that product is good so they search:
    "pregnancy miracle" "pregnancy miracle review" "pregnancy miracle scam" "pregnancy miracle book review" and so on...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6192974].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Chucky
      Originally Posted by radivoj View Post

      well people that search kw "pregnancy miracle" they specifically search for ClickBank product "pregnancy miracle" not searching for some miracle to get pregnant, before they decide to make a purchase they want to make sure that product is good so they search:
      "pregnancy miracle" "pregnancy miracle review" "pregnancy miracle scam" "pregnancy miracle book review" and so on...
      Gosh, are you one of my competitors?

      If you're not in the niche, I'm sure phrases like 'pregnancy miracle' 'tinnitus miracle' 'wu yi tea' 'wu long tea' all sound ridiculous!

      You could either make a website targeting a phrase like 'how to get pregnant' and make 1 conversion per 1000 visitors or target something ridiculous like 'pregnancy miracle' and make 3 conversions per 100 visitors!

      I'm really tempted to climb on the web 2.0 band wagon and try ranking some of these authority domains, but by the time I get my campaign ready, Google may have turned in to some other ridiculous animal..... "platypus" may be (no pun intended on the platypus) ...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194183].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author radivoj
        No I am not your competition in this niche, I have several sites ranked #1 targeting ClickBank products brand keyword's I am mostly focus targeting Amazon products and they convert very well, by the way is truth what you said that targeting specific phrase of product name convert way better then going after phrase like "how to get pregnant" I know this because I have been ranked site #1 on Google for keyword how to... that has 34K exact search per month Local, site was convert very bad 1 sale per 500 CTR which was taking 1300 visitors to make one conversion,for such a keyword's you need strong copywriting in order to make them convert into sales they are just research keyword's not buyer...



        Originally Posted by Chucky View Post

        Gosh, are you one of my competitors?

        If you're not in the niche, I'm sure phrases like 'pregnancy miracle' 'tinnitus miracle' 'wu yi tea' 'wu long tea' all sound ridiculous!

        You could either make a website targeting a phrase like 'how to get pregnant' and make 1 conversion per 1000 visitors or target something ridiculous like 'pregnancy miracle' and make 3 conversions per 100 visitors!

        I'm really tempted to climb on the web 2.0 band wagon and try ranking some of these authority domains, but by the time I get my campaign ready, Google may have turned in to some other ridiculous animal..... "platypus" may be (no pun intended on the platypus) ...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195222].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ThatAblaze
    Man, paul joining the thread is like a fart in an elevator. (wrong on so many levels)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lossman29
    hahaha. This is some of the funniest stuff, I've read on WF. Google is losing the plot...
    Signature

    "There is light at the end of the tunnel. Have some faith and work hard. ALWAYS."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6194885].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AnmolJ
    I Think Google Will Have Another Update Coming Soon!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195176].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    I did some programming related searches yesterday. For the first time in a long while Google's results were very poor for me.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195195].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Theeban
    Yes, it is very funny that still Google did not notice such spammy results on their results and still they didn't fix it. I am sure that, if they do not fix it, they will loose the market very soon to Yahoo and Bing or other popular search engines....
    Signature
    For TOP Ranks in Search Engines - Hire skilled expert in SEO. Check expanded services to Cheltenham
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195297].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author radivoj
    I see some keyword about lottery term that showing article from article base onto first page of Google and article is about "cold sores" something that has nothing to do with the lottery...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6195321].message }}

Trending Topics