What keeps you from making a full time livingonline?

by nest28
20 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I'm just curious has to how some, if any of you will answer this question.
It can help a lot of people if you open up and tell your story, you may even receive some good advice from more successful marketers.


Currently I am not earning a living online due to all my sites being hit with a penalty. Also if I had prepared for this by not relying on google for my traffic I would be better off right now, not to mention if I had a few different was of making money besides adsense.


I can't be the only person who has ever thought damn, with all I know why am I not making 5,000 a month right now, or maybe I am lol.


Also no offense, but some of you guys are kinda lazy, I get asked questions in my old thread that have been asked a million times, people ask questions about blogger as if there is no such thing as google search. I also see a lot of threads that ask questions that a simple google search would tell them the answer in no time.


First thing to remember is this is work, a lot of you work harder for your day jobs than you do for yourself. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, you all know I'm pretty nice guy.
#full #livingonline #making #time
  • Profile picture of the author joshpat2
    this dude is everywhere !!! hahah
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6208808].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
    There are no excuses for myself. I have all the strong WHY's and motivations to succeed. It's just me being one dumb lazy m*@%@#$%#@. Not pointing fingers at anyone, not blaming so and so just myself. Not taking the bull by its horns and going for the kill. I'm just here, being too comfortable and just plain out lazy. Which is sad. I just came back from a 3rd world country (Philippines) and I lived in the slums for 3 weeks (that's where my cousins are from); yet I'm still lazy. Must...snap...out of it. Only I can do that. Unless one of you online marketers know some guru/witchdoctor/magical pill like the one from limitless that can make me focused, then that would be great .
    Signature

    RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6208874].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by joshpat2 View Post

      this dude is everywhere !!! hahah
      Hey I'm trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can, and that can't be done sitting on the sidelines. I see threads with 15 or 20 thousand views yet they only have 100 comments, that means there are way more people sitting there reading than there are having discussions.

      Look at most of the threads out there,

      Google new update
      Google's evil
      what backlinks to use
      I made a bunch of money by doing(insert whatever here) etc

      I don't see any real interesting discussions on actually making money, btw I only have a few thread, I don't get around that much.

      Originally Posted by GGpaul View Post

      There are no excuses for myself. I have all the strong WHY's and motivations to succeed. It's just me being one dumb lazy m*@%@#$%#@. Not pointing fingers at anyone, not blaming so and so just myself. Not taking the bull by its horns and going for the kill. I'm just here, being too comfortable and just plain out lazy. Which is sad. I just came back from a 3rd world country (Philippines) and I lived in the slums for 3 weeks (that's where my cousins are from); yet I'm still lazy. Must...snap...out of it. Only I can do that. Unless one of you online marketers know some guru/witchdoctor/magical pill like the one from limitless that can make me focused, then that would be great .
      Trust me if you were to make 2.00 today it make you feel like you made a million, you'd instantly be motivated

      Besides your not the only one who gets lazy,it happens to all of us sometimes.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6208984].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
        Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

        Hey I'm trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can, and that can't be done sitting on the sidelines. I see threads with 15 or 20 thousand views yet they only have 100 comments, that means there are way more people sitting there reading than there are having discussions.

        Look at most of the threads out there,

        Google new update
        Google's evil
        what backlinks to use
        I made a bunch of money by doing(insert whatever here) etc

        I don't see any real interesting discussions on actually making money, btw I only have a few thread, I don't get around that much.



        Trust me if you were to make 2.00 today it make you feel like you made a million, you'd instantly be motivated

        Besides your not the only one who gets lazy,it happens to all of us sometimes.
        I think that's it. Losing motivation when I see the money go up and then it's completely gone. I can't let that s*** get to me.
        Signature

        RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6209208].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nik0
          Banned
          I am so lazy and asked myself the same question a thousand times but I kept hooked on learning and reading forums, and what to do with the knowledge? Nothing.

          Then I decided it was time for a change, I've run a real life business before and then there is no time for lazyness cause you have to serve the clients, so that idea caught me, what if I would sell a service, then if people order I MUST work. I mean if I don't deliver they sue me you know. As I read so much about SEO the most logical step would be to sell SEO services.

          So that was my solution to get off my lazy chair, sell services so that I am "forced" to work.

          ---------- Derail Alert ----------------
          @Nest: Sorry about my previous comments, later on I thought about it and you have a very solid point, links can hurt very easily, especially for about 90% of the people at this forum as they don't what is good and what is not. Can't blame them really, SEO is a pretty steep learning curve and even when 100 people say you need to do it manually they will still fall for the automated software crap.

          I lost my site that made most of my money before I selled services, that was 200 euro/month, that site is gone, now I am glad I was lazy cause I would get crazy if I lost a fulltime income like you did. And from that point of view I fully understand your new strategy.
          -------- End of Derail ------------------
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6209558].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author .
    Let me be open up here....

    If people spend less time HERE ranting about "how to make money online" instead of working, they could make a living online.

    The reason why people don't make a living online is because they are using a "system" - usually a system that they read from someone else.

    Build 100 sites and make $100 per site per month
    build amazing thin affiliates
    get the latest Adsense crusher system

    You will NOT find the answer in any WSO.
    There is no system.
    There is work.

    So may be if wpeople spend less time if IM forums and more time where our clients and leads are they can start making a living online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6208955].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GyuMan82
    Making a living online in IM is not hard, it's just tedious.

    If you can do the same boring monotonous stuff day in and day out eventually you will succeed.
    Signature
    Need SEO Help? Monthly Plans From $299/mo (PM Me)
    Pickings From My SEO Brain @ www.RichardYoshimura.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6208970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TamilYoung
    The most important things to concentrate when it comes to Online business are Traffic & Conversions. All the rest including creating content, copywriting etc.., comes under this. We should know how to master these 2 techniques to win.

    Concentrating on other things like themes, plugins and other Tech stuff and overlooking these vital 2 are the main reasons for not making a full time income online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6209005].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alfid
    I was making a full-time living on line last year, but 1) My paypal got banned which really through me for a loop and 2) My fiverr sales plummeted for some reason.

    I'm working hard and building myself back up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6209596].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by alfid View Post

      I was making a full-time living on line last year, but 1) My paypal got banned which really through me for a loop and 2) My fiverr sales plummeted for some reason.

      I'm working hard and building myself back up!
      How did you solve the Paypal issue? I'm like clueless without Paypal. Yeah okay could register an LLC in worse case.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6209633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mbmehmet
    Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

    I'm just curious has to how some, if any of you will answer this question.
    It can help a lot of people if you open up and tell your story, you may even receive some good advice from more successful marketers.


    Currently I am not earning a living online due to all my sites being hit with a penalty. Also if I had prepared for this by not relying on google for my traffic I would be better off right now, not to mention if I had a few different was of making money besides adsense.


    I can't be the only person who has ever thought damn, with all I know why am I not making 5,000 a month right now, or maybe I am lol.


    Also no offense, but some of you guys are kinda lazy, I get asked questions in my old thread that have been asked a million times, people ask questions about blogger as if there is no such thing as google search. I also see a lot of threads that ask questions that a simple google search would tell them the answer in no time.


    First thing to remember is this is work, a lot of you work harder for your day jobs than you do for yourself. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, you all know I'm pretty nice guy.
    i think doubt has a large pat to play. I think people find it hard to move from a mindset of maing money to operating a business. On another note I wasn'T aware your sites were penalised. When did this happen? I thought u mentioned u were in all clear.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6209775].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DeskCoder
    Insurance ... and my other paycheck. If I can make $X per month doing it on the side, why not just keep doing it? Plus the discount insurance, 401K match, and other benefits of a "work for the man" full-time job.

    Once I pay off all my debt, get my house paid off a little, I will probably go full time. I would like to diversify a little more before I do.
    Signature

    Developer by day ... need any development work done (I specialize in .Net and Web Development), send me a PM.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6209844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zibblu
    Well - I've been making a full time living with affiliate programs for 7 years now... but because of the ranking drops on Google I'm not so sure it's going to be 8.
    Signature

    Try My Diet Affiliate Program: http://www.TheDayOffDiet.com/affiliates

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6209930].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nest28
      Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

      I am so lazy and asked myself the same question a thousand times but I kept hooked on learning and reading forums, and what to do with the knowledge? Nothing.

      Then I decided it was time for a change, I've run a real life business before and then there is no time for lazyness cause you have to serve the clients, so that idea caught me, what if I would sell a service, then if people order I MUST work. I mean if I don't deliver they sue me you know. As I read so much about SEO the most logical step would be to sell SEO services.

      So that was my solution to get off my lazy chair, sell services so that I am "forced" to work.

      ---------- Derail Alert ----------------
      @Nest: Sorry about my previous comments, later on I thought about it and you have a very solid point, links can hurt very easily, especially for about 90% of the people at this forum as they don't what is good and what is not. Can't blame them really, SEO is a pretty steep learning curve and even when 100 people say you need to do it manually they will still fall for the automated software crap.

      I lost my site that made most of my money before I selled services, that was 200 euro/month, that site is gone, now I am glad I was lazy cause I would get crazy if I lost a fulltime income like you did. And from that point of view I fully understand your new strategy.
      -------- End of Derail ------------------
      Hey it's ok were all here trying to see what works, I'm not anti-backlinks or anything but until I know exactly what links hurt and what don't I just wont be doing any linking at all.

      Originally Posted by mbmehmet View Post

      i think doubt has a large pat to play. I think people find it hard to move from a mindset of maing money to operating a business. On another note I wasn'T aware your sites were penalised. When did this happen? I thought u mentioned u were in all clear.
      No I lost all of my sites to the unnatural links penalty about a month ago.

      Originally Posted by Zibblu View Post

      Well - I've been making a full time living with affiliate programs for 7 years now... but because of the ranking drops on Google I'm not so sure it's going to be 8.
      If you been able to make a living for 7 years I don't see why it wont make it to 8. Every single marketer on this forum has had set backs, it just how you deal with it that will determine if you continue to be successful.
      Signature

      Somewhere watching Power.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6210152].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nest28
    I remember working at this factory back when I was 23, and when it was lunch time all the old timers would sit around and talk about how much they hated their jobs. All of them had been there 20 plus years but did nothing to change their situation.

    I just remember thinking that will never be me, I'm not working for somebody else the rest of my life or until I'm to old to work anymore.


    The factory made gates, most of the employees were of spanish decent, the rest were african americans and asians. We made large gates, and there was this industrial sized heater that made the building extremely hot in the winter let alone the summer. One day an employee ask's the boss can we have air conditioning, he replied if you want air conditioning you should have went to college.

    That's when I realized these companies out here don't care about you, you guys think Google is bad well I've seen worse. I'll never give up on this online thing, because the alternative is working for somebody else who don't care about me at all and will probably fire/lay me off at a moments notice.
    Signature

    Somewhere watching Power.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6210207].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brittlesnc
      Wow! If that doesn't keep you motivated to make IM work or having your own business/assets that make money I don't know what will lol.

      But you summed it up perfectly when it comes to working for a factory or anywhere for that matter...

      And there are plenty of people out here with college degrees who are unemployed, working a ***tty job, or even if they're making good to decent money in an office setting who still hate they're job...so unfortunately gone are the days in which a college degree guarantees you a good chance at a nice and secure job .


      Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

      I remember working at this factory back when I was 23, and when it was lunch time all the old timers would sit around and talk about how much they hated their jobs. All of them had been there 20 plus years but did nothing to change their situation.

      I just remember thinking that will never be me, I'm not working for somebody else the rest of my life or until I'm to old to work anymore.


      The factory made gates, most of the employees were of Spanish decent, the rest were african americans and asians. We made large gates, and there was this industrial sized heater that made the building extremely hot in the winter let alone the summer. One day an employee ask's the boss can we have air conditioning, he replied if you want air conditioning you should have went to college.

      That's when I realized these companies out here don't care about you, you guys think Google is bad well I've seen worse. I'll never give up on this online thing, because the alternative is working for somebody else who don't care about me at all and will probably fire/lay me off at a moments notice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6210267].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shadowflux
      Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

      I remember working at this factory back when I was 23, and when it was lunch time all the old timers would sit around and talk about how much they hated their jobs. All of them had been there 20 plus years but did nothing to change their situation.

      I just remember thinking that will never be me, I'm not working for somebody else the rest of my life or until I'm to old to work anymore.


      The factory made gates, most of the employees were of spanish decent, the rest were african americans and asians. We made large gates, and there was this industrial sized heater that made the building extremely hot in the winter let alone the summer. One day an employee ask's the boss can we have air conditioning, he replied if you want air conditioning you should have went to college.

      That's when I realized these companies out here don't care about you, you guys think Google is bad well I've seen worse. I'll never give up on this online thing, because the alternative is working for somebody else who don't care about me at all and will probably fire/lay me off at a moments notice.
      What you've said is absolutely true. Sometimes I feel that some people have a problem making money online because they think "Wow, it sure would be nice to make a lot of money online."

      I think getting a taste for how awful the alternative options are will really keep your fire lit. It's more than "sink or swim" it's "Thrive or rot".

      For me, there is no other option besides success.
      Signature
      Native Advertising Specialist
      Dangerously Effective
      Always Discreet
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6210386].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author developerholic
    Ive tried to make a fulltime living onetime for a year. It was fun. I have my time. I control my time. I control my work. But then reality sink in, I need insurance, I need a social life. I need people to interact with!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6210230].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6210277].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shadowflux
      The secret to making money online is so simple I can sum it up in 3 words:

      determination, work, perseverance

      I've read quite a few threads from people who say they have yet to make more than a few hundred bucks despite having been "in IM" for a few years. I feel bad for these people but I honestly can't figure out what they've been doing wrong.

      I've made money basically since day one and my revenue has been increasing steadily. My secrets are simple: I'm serious, I work hard and I treat the people I work with right. I don't cheat or try to find an easy way out, I don't follow trends and I don't care about "the next big thing".

      You need to get rid of all your misconceptions. Internet marketing is just marketing on the internet. It's just sales on the web. "Internet marketing" isn't really a thing. What we're really talking about is business.

      If you want to make good money then you need to treat this like a business, just like any other.
      Signature
      Native Advertising Specialist
      Dangerously Effective
      Always Discreet
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6210354].message }}

Trending Topics