Facts about #1 ranked site:
- It is a random page off of a company's site.
- It is PR 0
- Age: From year 2000, so 12 years old
- Domain index: over 5000 pages
- Not 100% optimized for the keyword, which is why I thought it would be easy to beat. Keyword not in meta description or meta keywords. Missing H3-H6. But it has the main H1, H2, and title.
- Doesn't have many backlinks. It's a random page that wasn't promoted by its owner.
Facts about #2 ranked site (my site):
- PR 2
- Age: 2.5 months old
- Domain index: 5-10 pages
- Has more and better backlinks than #1.
How can I beat this site? Do I continue to try adding backlinks? Is it even possible? Or should I just move on?