Penguin Sharks Taking Advantage Of Misfortunes

44 replies
  • SEO
  • |
This is amazing! There so many sharks on this forum taking advantage of people after the penguin update. I bought a few Penguin rescue reports and videos on WF.

They pretty much talk about Press Releases, Bookmarkings, web 2.0, fiverr gigs, etc. To me, it sounds like the same old tactics that Penguin frowned up. Yes, give me your money and I will show you how to bounce back now and get slapped again by google later.

I need some help with my site. However, I'm confused as to who really has the goods. I would like some honest-to-goodness advice here. I know beside the sharks who create a bunch of rehashed 5 minutes videos on how to go to fiverr to buy retweets, bookmarkings, press releases, etc, there some very impressive and respective warriors here on the forum.

My web site went from first page for a highly competitive keyword phrase to nowhere to be found. I really don't know what's going on. I still have a couple of non-essential keywords that are ranking well for that site.

I have another aged site with exact keyword url PR1 that I can focus on. But I don't know if that is the right thing to do since my google-slapped site has been around since 1998 and has lots of backlinks from authority sites. My question is...

If you had $5,000 to spend on SEO right now, how would you spend it? Would you use fiverr, hire a fulltime SEO? What kind of activity would you focus on to get ranking? Would you go with the exact domain site? I don't know...

Please understand, I'm not into the make money niche or any micro niche. I provide a service to corporations.

I already shelled out $2,000 to a company called Attracta. That was a month before Penguin. I have yet to see how they can move my site back to first page. In fact, I was on third page when I paid them. Now, I'm on no page at all for my keyword phrase.
#advantage #misfortunes #penguin #sharks #taking
  • Profile picture of the author rajat2k2k
    I would suggest you wait before spending any money. Let's things settle down. Currently the results google is giving is of empty sites on page 1.

    Wait for a month and then start building site manually ...forget fiverr gigs, bookmarkings etc. also deoptimize it a bit.

    If you have spammy back links already then it could be dificult to rank again until google has another update to not penalize back links but just don't take them into account.

    That's just my opinion. I am a newbie though.
    Signature

    Free and Premium Amazon Kindle Publishing Tutorials

    http://AmazonTutorial.blogspot.com

    Hostgator 25% off coupon: 25offHostG2012

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6295233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author debra
    Originally Posted by 56villages View Post

    This is amazing! There so many sharks on this forum taking advantage of people after the penguin update. I bought a few Penguin rescue reports and videos on WF.

    They pretty much talk about Press Releases, Bookmarkings, web 2.0, fiverr gigs, etc. To me, it sounds like the same old tactics that Penguin frowned up. Yes, give me your money and I will show you how to bounce back now and get slapped again by google later.

    I need some help with my site. However, I'm confused as to who really has the goods. I would like some honest-to-goodness advice here. I know beside the sharks who create a bunch of rehashed 5 minutes videos on how to go to fiverr to buy retweets, bookmarkings, press releases, etc, there some very impressive and respective warriors here on the forum.

    My web site went from first page for a highly competitive keyword phrase to nowhere to be found. I really don't know what's going on. I still have a couple of non-essential keywords that are ranking well for that site.

    I have another aged site with exact keyword url PR1 that I can focus on. But I don't know if that is the right thing to do since my google-slapped site has been around since 1998 and has lots of backlinks from authority sites. My question is...

    If you had $5,000 to spend on SEO right now, how would you spend it? Would you use fiverr, hire a fulltime SEO? What kind of activity would you focus on to get ranking? Would you go with the exact domain site? I don't know...

    Please understand, I'm not into the make money niche or any micro niche. I provide a service to corporations.

    I already shelled out $2,000 to a company called Attracta. That was a month before Penguin. I have yet to see how they can move my site back to first page. In fact, I was on third page when I paid them. Now, I'm on no page at all for my keyword phrase.
    First thing...I wouldn't be telling anyone that I had 5k to shill out for SEO or anything else for that matter.

    Second thing...forget about serps until you know where your customers are hanging out at.

    Which brings me to this:

    Get a comprehensive and accurate demographic market reach report done. Then model your SEO and marketing campaigns around that.

    Serps, Penquin, Panda or any other furry little creatures don't mean diddly squat if you can't perform on the same level as your customer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6295320].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 56villages
      Thanks Debra. i Know my market very well. However, where do I go for such a report?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6295345].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author debra
        Originally Posted by 56villages View Post

        Thanks Debra. i Know my market very well. However, where do I go for such a report?
        I can make a sample template and somewhat populate it for you if I knew the niche you want to target. Then you can take that template and hire a VA to finish it out because they are very time consuming.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6306840].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Originally Posted by 56villages View Post

    To me, it sounds like the same old tactics that Penguin frowned up.
    Here's what SEO jockeys generally do not understand.

    The search engines are not trying to stop the tools you are using.

    They are trying to stop the job you are doing.

    Using different tools does not change the fact that they don't want you doing the job and are only going to make those tools stop working, too.

    It's like a four year old digging holes in the back yard. So you take away the shovel. So he goes and gets the canoe paddle, and starts using that as a shovel. So you take away the canoe paddle. Then he goes and gets a big flat rock. You take away the rock. He goes and gets a book. You take away the book. He starts digging with his bare hands. You bring him in the house and put him in the corner for twenty minutes. Then you let him up, and behold! There he is in the back yard trying to dig a hole again.

    Because he's four.

    So why do people constantly respond to Google taking away their shovel by running for the canoe paddle?

    Best I can tell, because they're stupid.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6295341].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 56villages
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      Here's what SEO jockeys generally do not understand.

      The search engines are not trying to stop the tools you are using.

      They are trying to stop the job you are doing.

      Using different tools does not change the fact that they don't want you doing the job and are only going to make those tools stop working, too.

      It's like a four year old digging holes in the back yard. So you take away the shovel. So he goes and gets the canoe paddle, and starts using that as a shovel. So you take away the canoe paddle. Then he goes and gets a big flat rock. You take away the rock. He goes and gets a book. You take away the book. He starts digging with his bare hands. You bring him in the house and put him in the corner for twenty minutes. Then you let him up, and behold! There he is in the back yard trying to dig a hole again.

      Because he's four.

      So why do people constantly respond to Google taking away their shovel by running for the canoe paddle?

      Best I can tell, because they're stupid.
      Wise advice indeed. Thanks for sharing!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6295358].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author retsek
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      Here's what SEO jockeys generally do not understand.

      The search engines are not trying to stop the tools you are using.

      They are trying to stop the job you are doing.

      Using different tools does not change the fact that they don't want you doing the job and are only going to make those tools stop working, too.

      It's like a four year old digging holes in the back yard. So you take away the shovel. So he goes and gets the canoe paddle, and starts using that as a shovel. So you take away the canoe paddle. Then he goes and gets a big flat rock. You take away the rock. He goes and gets a book. You take away the book. He starts digging with his bare hands. You bring him in the house and put him in the corner for twenty minutes. Then you let him up, and behold! There he is in the back yard trying to dig a hole again.

      Because he's four.

      So why do people constantly respond to Google taking away their shovel by running for the canoe paddle?

      Best I can tell, because they're stupid.
      Truth++

      And it's pretty dumb to be selling/buying anything about Penguin recovery. If a site was hit by Penguin, it can't have recovered because the algo hasn't been re-run yet. If there is recovery, then it likely means that the site wasn't hit by Penguin in the first place.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6297997].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 56villages
        You have a great point here. The site did not completely disappeared. It is still getting traffic for some keywords though keywords don't convert to anything. Maybe I should wait and see.

        Originally Posted by retsek View Post

        Truth++

        And it's pretty dumb to be selling/buying anything about Penguin recovery. If a site was hit by Penguin, it can't have recovered because the algo hasn't been re-run yet. If there is recovery, then it likely means that the site wasn't hit by Penguin in the first place.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300929].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mosthost
          Originally Posted by 56villages View Post

          You have a great point here. The site did not completely disappeared. It is still getting traffic for some keywords though keywords don't convert to anything. Maybe I should wait and see.
          Your rankings dropped because the backlinks to your pages (that contained exact anchor text which was inflating your rankings) were devalued or deindexed.

          The solution to Penguin is to replace the dead links with 'authoritative links.' Personally I would spend the $5,000 on better backlinks.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6300951].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author 56villages
            You are right. I remember paying someone here to do a bunch of college sites with the same keywords in all the anchor text links. Plus I have doing this kind of back linking since 2001 when it was the thing to do. Now I know one needs a total of 40 or 50% anchor text links and 50% or more of variation like CLICK HERE to make it look natural.

            Originally Posted by mosthost View Post

            Your rankings dropped because the backlinks to your pages (that contained exact anchor text which was inflating your rankings) were devalued or deindexed.

            The solution to Penguin is to replace the dead links with 'authoritative links.' Personally I would spend the $5,000 on better backlinks.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6301687].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      ....Then you let him up, and behold! There he is in the back yard trying to dig a hole again.

      So why do people constantly respond to Google taking away their shovel by running for the canoe paddle?

      Best I can tell, because they're stupid.
      ROTFLMAO!

      You forgot the part where the kid has decided that his holes are
      best and the world cannot live without them. So he thinks
      anyone stopping him from digging holes...must be stupid!

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6301713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
    You didn't give a name, so I'm just going to call you 56.

    56, my mentor and I run a series of AdSense mini niche sites. I've been doing it for about a year now, he's been doing it since 2000 when he used to work for a "very large search engine" as he puts it. (NDA keep him from naming it.) Throughout those 12 years, he has never been negatively affected by any Google updates. No Penguin. No Panda. No anything.

    CDarklock gave you the secret, but I'm going to spell it out for your where he just talked about it in terms of a kid with grown-up toys.

    Google is a search engine. Google's job is to answer the question that is typed in the box with the most accurate answer possible. If I go to the box and type in "birthday chinchillas," I don't expect to see pictures of pink zebras wearing diapers. Follow me?

    What (black hat SEO) people in IM are doing is that they are trying to game the system. They are trying to convince Google that those pictures of pink zebras wearing diapers are really what people want to see even though they're typing in "birthday chinchillas" into the search box.

    Penguin reset that.

    My mentor's biggest secret, and one he lets me share openly with anyone who wants to read it, is that Google wants HIGH QUALITY CONTENT in their results. Most of the sites that we build have 2 articles. That's it. not 5 or 10 or 50. Just 2 pages of well-researched, non-spun, original work that is over 1000 words per post. We do a little on-page SEO and then do manual backlinking.

    Notice how I didn't mention hiring an SEO company, or a CPA company, or blasting my main site with SE Nuke? Notice how I never said to spin anything? Now, there are a couple of tricks I'm not listing out here, but I think you get the idea. Keep it all White Hat and you can hit #1 in Google 9 times out of 10 and then stay there.

    -- j
    Signature

    Posting About Life & Video Games:
    http://www.jarycu.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6295503].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 56villages
      J,

      I have been hearing about quality content for a long time. Now, i'm convinced it's the key. I wonder what are the other tricks you are not listing? It is because they are sensitive information for your business?

      Originally Posted by JaRyCu View Post

      You didn't give a name, so I'm just going to call you 56.

      56, my mentor and I run a series of AdSense mini niche sites. I've been doing it for about a year now, he's been doing it since 2000 when he used to work for a "very large search engine" as he puts it. (NDA keep him from naming it.) Throughout those 12 years, he has never been negatively affected by any Google updates. No Penguin. No Panda. No anything.

      CDarklock gave you the secret, but I'm going to spell it out for your where he just talked about it in terms of a kid with grown-up toys.

      Google is a search engine. Google's job is to answer the question that is typed in the box with the most accurate answer possible. If I go to the box and type in "birthday chinchillas," I don't expect to see pictures of pink zebras wearing diapers. Follow me?

      What (black hat SEO) people in IM are doing is that they are trying to game the system. They are trying to convince Google that those pictures of pink zebras wearing diapers are really what people want to see even though they're typing in "birthday chinchillas" into the search box.

      Penguin reset that.

      My mentor's biggest secret, and one he lets me share openly with anyone who wants to read it, is that Google wants HIGH QUALITY CONTENT in their results. Most of the sites that we build have 2 articles. That's it. not 5 or 10 or 50. Just 2 pages of well-researched, non-spun, original work that is over 1000 words per post. We do a little on-page SEO and then do manual backlinking.

      Notice how I didn't mention hiring an SEO company, or a CPA company, or blasting my main site with SE Nuke? Notice how I never said to spin anything? Now, there are a couple of tricks I'm not listing out here, but I think you get the idea. Keep it all White Hat and you can hit #1 in Google 9 times out of 10 and then stay there.

      -- j
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6297946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dmtaylor247
    There are some people on this forum that have experience with bringing larger sites back from the dead, it takes alot of time and trouble shooting however, it's my belief that there are varying levels of penalties for all sites affected and if you are 400+ or nowhere to be found, then you stand no chance of getting your site back.

    Some people will disagree while others including Matt Cutts have already stated that if you have been hit badly then it's probably not worth your time trying to recover your site and instead change your domain. So with that in mind I probably wouldn't spend the money on backlinks but a fresh set up as the chances are you will be wasting your money. Moving your content over from the old domain and creating loads of new content, plus some social marketing and link baiting campaigns to kick it off.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6301340].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author retsek
      Originally Posted by dmtaylor247 View Post

      There are some people on this forum that have experience with bringing larger sites back from the dead, it takes alot of time and trouble shooting however, it's my belief that there are varying levels of penalties for all sites affected and if you are 400+ or nowhere to be found, then you stand no chance of getting your site back.

      Some people will disagree while others including Matt Cutts have already stated that if you have been hit badly then it's probably not worth your time trying to recover your site and instead change your domain. So with that in mind I probably wouldn't spend the money on backlinks but a fresh set up as the chances are you will be wasting your money. Moving your content over from the old domain and creating loads of new content, plus some social marketing and link baiting campaigns to kick it off.
      Agreed.

      It's almost never a good idea to waste time trying to get links removed or trying build new ones to somehow offset "bad ones" you already have.

      I find it much easier to switch to new, brandable domain and to contact a select few of your backlink sources which you think are good and natural-looking and say "hey, i just changed domains ..please update your link to me". The success rate for that is much higher than for getting them removed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6301365].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 56villages
        Originally Posted by retsek View Post

        Agreed.
        I find it much easier to switch to new, brandable domain and to contact a select few of your backlink sources which you think are good and natural-looking and say "hey, i just changed domains.
        Great! I appreciate all the feedback I'm getting. Do you have any backlink sources you can recommend. I want to do this with recommendations. It's hard to trust all the promises about backlinks. If you don't want to reveal your source here, you can PM me.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6301670].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dmtaylor247
          Originally Posted by 56villages View Post

          Great! I appreciate all the feedback I'm getting. Do you have any backlink sources you can recommend. I want to do this with recommendations. It's hard to trust all the promises about backlinks. If you don't want to reveal your source here, you can PM me.
          I would be really careful about buying any links from a service provider atm. Most have changed their game plan but none of them have done any real testing and research into the changes Google are making, some of them haven't got a clue. There are a huge amount of factors that people need to take into consideration now.

          I'm going with a content strategy atm, so loads of content and very few links. The links I will have are more homepage style links mixed with a variety of lower quality links like a few forum signatures, directories, blogroll, guest post, social and also more links to my internal pages obviously with mixed anchors and at least 20% brand terms, plus more nofollow relevant links, at least 50% themematic, but mostly a few powerful high pr links.

          I'm not going for rankings anymore just powering up the site and attacking long tails.

          So far I haven't seen anybody offering a good all round natural linking building campaign, probably because it takes quite abit of time and effort. I would soak up the info, make a plan and hire a va if you don't want to do it yourself, I think link building needs a more hands on approach now, less automated, and more planned for your niche. It's better to take the site ranking #1 if it's not too spammy, break down it's link profile and copy that. Having said that you will find it's not as set and forget as it was and any one mass automated solution is not going to cut it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6302016].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 56villages
      Originally Posted by dmtaylor247 View Post

      if you are 400+ or nowhere to be found, then you stand no chance of getting your site back.
      Excellent feedback. Thank you. So, the site did not disappear totally. I still have rankings for some keywords on the same site. However, it seems like it might be better to go with the aged domain exact keyword match with a PR 1.

      That particular keyword phrase for this domain is $6 per click in PPC. It might be worth it. Maybe I should spend my money and energy on getting backlinks for it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6301663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoshN
    Whats wrong with press releases? They are a white hat method to gaining ranking and a part of most company's online marketing campaigns.

    You really believe press releases are going to hurt your ranking?
    As for the fiverr gigs.. yeah mostly junk.. its $5 what do you expect.

    And web 2.0s... still not sure on this front
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6301720].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 56villages
      Originally Posted by JoshN View Post

      Whats wrong with press releases? They are a white hat method to gaining ranking and a part of most company's online marketing campaigns.

      You really believe press releases are going to hurt your ranking?
      As for the fiverr gigs.. yeah mostly junk.. its $5 what do you expect.

      And web 2.0s... still not sure on this front
      Yes you are right about press releases. I have heard great things about them. I don't believe google will ever de-index them. So, I usually do prweb.com and pay the $200. My site has a bunch of those links. I don't think it's what's hurting it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6302497].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
        Originally Posted by 56villages View Post

        J,

        I have been hearing about quality content for a long time. Now, i'm convinced it's the key. I wonder what are the other tricks you are not listing? It is because they are sensitive information for your business?
        A good magician never reveals all of his tricks. The reason I'm not telling it all here is that my mentor and I run an online school where we teach all of his secrets. It would not be fair to the paying members if I gave out all of the information here.

        Originally Posted by the goat View Post

        JaRyCu said it all but nobody ever believes it. SEO is a myth, the best SEO is to not do any SEO. It takes longer, but it is foolproof.
        This I never said. I said that Google wants 1) 100% unique and high quality content and 2) for people to quit gaming the system.

        True SEO is a completely different ballgame than 99% of the BS I ready daily here in the WF. Buying 5 bajillion backlinks from Fiverr, or SE Nuking a site to death, or sending a tweet to 50K followers...that's grey- or black hat SEO.

        Natural link-building and high quality content...if you're going to do SEO, that's the way to go. Otherwise, go read up on Alexa Smith and MYOB (my non-SEO heroes) and learn to do article syndication, or drop down to the PPC forum and learn that. I'm learning all 3 myself.

        -- j
        Signature

        Posting About Life & Video Games:
        http://www.jarycu.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6302684].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author the goat
    Not one of my over 100 sites was affected in any way by any Google updates. My secret? I do almost zero SEO. I use fresh unique useful content with on page SEO and I build a few social bookmarks. That's it... done.

    JaRyCu said it all but nobody ever believes it. SEO is a myth, the best SEO is to not do any SEO. It takes longer, but it is foolproof.
    Signature
    Affordable, authority level unique content for 2 cents a word
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6302080].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmtaylor247
      Originally Posted by the goat View Post

      SEO is a myth, the best SEO is to not do any SEO. It takes longer, but it is foolproof.
      I wouldn't say this is true, even Google encourages seo to a certain degree but there is a fine line between real seo and spam, but my rule of thumb is - if it's not wanted, then it's spam.


      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      The search engines are not trying to stop the tools you are using. They are trying to stop the job you are doing.
      There are a few warriors saying why speak up for Google, we are here to make money, but if you look at the levels some people go to it's ridiculous, when is it ever going to end?. It's like your drunk friend at a party getting way out of hand and Google is the bouncer trying to control the situation.

      Alot of people over at Traffic Planet are spamming up to 50,000 pages of content everyday, just for backlinks. Are these the same people that would that would dump 100 bags of rubbish on your front lawn and drive off?

      I think Google are obviously looking out for the internet, not trying to crush marketers. When they started their search engine they must have seen the internet as a lush resource for havesting rich information, now that crop is dying and withering and the only reason the search results are full of crap is because people have been building backlinks for the last 10 years and not content. It's easy to blame anyone but yourself.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6304002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author the goat
    I didn't mean to make it sound like you said SEO is a myth. Just that what you did say was right on. I should have used a paragraph break there, sorry.

    It just gets frustrating to see the perpetual cycle... People try new tricks, get ranked, Google slaps them down, people cry and cry, try new tricks, get ranked, get slapped etc. etc. etc.

    If they would just take the time get their sites ranked organically they would not be in a perpetually nervously busy working state and they could relax a bit.
    Signature
    Affordable, authority level unique content for 2 cents a word
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6302813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author uoftenwinny
    Penguin update, it becomes harder to get a high ranking, but ranking will be up if a website has original contents and quality backlinks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6303009].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steadyon
      Originally Posted by JaRyCu View Post


      What (black hat SEO) people in IM are doing is that they are trying to game the system. They are trying to convince Google that those pictures of pink zebras wearing diapers are really what people want to see even though they're typing in "birthday chinchillas" into the search box.

      -- j

      I disagree. Most black hatters are not trying to rank "pink zebras" as "birthday chinchillas". They are trying to rank for "birthday chinchillas" using many many versions of "birthday chinchillas".

      A subtle but important difference.


      Originally Posted by the goat View Post

      Not one of my over 100 sites was affected in any way by any Google updates. My secret? I do almost zero SEO. I use fresh unique useful content with on page SEO and I build a few social bookmarks. That's it... done.

      JaRyCu said it all but nobody ever believes it. SEO is a myth, the best SEO is to not do any SEO. It takes longer, but it is foolproof.

      But do you get any valuable 1 , 2 or 3 rankings of valuable keywords from this method?

      "Build it and they will come" is a complete myth pushed out by Google's propaganda mouthpiece Cutts.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6303172].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author the goat
        Originally Posted by Steadyon View Post

        But do you get any valuable 1 , 2 or 3 rankings of valuable keywords from this method?

        "Build it and they will come" is a complete myth pushed out by Google's propaganda mouthpiece Cutts.
        So far I only have just over 100 sites ranking in the top three, but many of my sites are still new so that number should go up soon.
        Signature
        Affordable, authority level unique content for 2 cents a word
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6303560].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steadyon
          Originally Posted by the goat View Post

          So far I only have just over 100 sites ranking in the top three, but many of my sites are still new so that number should go up soon.

          Nice one goat ;-)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6303874].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
        Originally Posted by Steadyon View Post

        I disagree. Most black hatters are not trying to rank "pink zebras" as "birthday chinchillas". They are trying to rank for "birthday chinchillas" using many many versions of "birthday chinchillas".

        A subtle but important difference.
        Point taken. They're also trying to rank Viagra & Cialis as "birthday chinchillas" as well.

        But do you get any valuable 1 , 2 or 3 rankings of valuable keywords from this method?
        Between my mentor and myself, somewhere in the neighborhood of 200.

        "Build it and they will come" is a complete myth pushed out by Google's propaganda mouthpiece Cutts.
        If it's not working for you, I wonder what you're doing wrong?

        -- j
        Signature

        Posting About Life & Video Games:
        http://www.jarycu.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6303952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Complex
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6304040].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mosthost
      Originally Posted by Complex View Post

      This thread has gone bananas. Cheap backlinkers are getting lumped in with hackers. Unsubstantiated claims of having hundreds of top rankings are preached like fact with no evidence. C'mon this is the internet and anyone can say anything. Hey, I just laid Rhianna last night, lol. You gotta believe me, I am an "expert" lulz.

      Anyways @ OP, high PR links in content are still pretty much the antidote for what ails ya. No need to buy a WSO. No need to listen to the guys who rank hundreds of sites just to make $ 200 a day if they are lucky and pimp their status like a nervous wreck with no confidence on a blind date.

      The game did not change much and Google busted BMR and ALN because they worked and still would work had they not been busted. They amped up domain authority which comes with in content, high PR links. That's why the pharma hacked edus rose to the top.
      I like your attitude
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6304049].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author the goat
      Originally Posted by Complex View Post

      This thread has gone bananas. Cheap backlinkers are getting lumped in with hackers. Unsubstantiated claims of having hundreds of top rankings are preached like fact with no evidence. C'mon this is the internet and anyone can say anything.
      I for one was using that number (which I feel is low) to show that I am not an expert by any means. Never claimed to be. Anyone who tells you they are an SEO expert and doesn't work for Google is a liar. They are Guessperts.

      You on the other hand seem to have it all figured out to a T. Congrats on that.
      Signature
      Affordable, authority level unique content for 2 cents a word
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6304084].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mantasmo
      Originally Posted by Complex View Post

      This thread has gone bananas. Cheap backlinkers are getting lumped in with hackers. Unsubstantiated claims of having hundreds of top rankings are preached like fact with no evidence. C'mon this is the internet and anyone can say anything. Hey, I just laid Rhianna last night, lol. You gotta believe me, I am an "expert" lulz.

      Anyways @ OP, high PR links in content are still pretty much the antidote for what ails ya. No need to buy a WSO. No need to listen to the guys who rank hundreds of sites just to make $ 200 a day if they are lucky and pimp their status like a nervous wreck with no confidence on a blind date.

      The game did not change much and Google busted BMR and ALN because they worked and still would work had they not been busted. They amped up domain authority which comes with in content, high PR links. That's why the pharma hacked edus rose to the top.
      Thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6304575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Heron
    Haven't read the thread but 56villages, I agree that it is disappointing people are cashing in on this.

    However, this is the nature of supply and demand as we know it, and is our very business. When a demand is created, people will offer a supply. If no genuine real supply exists, it creates a market for snake oil remedies.

    At the end of the day, the supply will always be created for anything in existence that has demand (whether it's real or fake).

    Thus, we fall prey to our own marketing strategies.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6304050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shifat
    Originally Posted by 56villages View Post

    This is amazing! There so many sharks on this forum taking advantage of people after the penguin update. I bought a few Penguin rescue reports and videos on WF.

    They pretty much talk about Press Releases, Bookmarkings, web 2.0, fiverr gigs, etc. To me, it sounds like the same old tactics that Penguin frowned up. Yes, give me your money and I will show you how to bounce back now and get slapped again by google later.

    I need some help with my site. However, I'm confused as to who really has the goods. I would like some honest-to-goodness advice here. I know beside the sharks who create a bunch of rehashed 5 minutes videos on how to go to fiverr to buy retweets, bookmarkings, press releases, etc, there some very impressive and respective warriors here on the forum.

    My web site went from first page for a highly competitive keyword phrase to nowhere to be found. I really don't know what's going on. I still have a couple of non-essential keywords that are ranking well for that site.

    I have another aged site with exact keyword url PR1 that I can focus on. But I don't know if that is the right thing to do since my google-slapped site has been around since 1998 and has lots of backlinks from authority sites. My question is...

    If you had $5,000 to spend on SEO right now, how would you spend it? Would you use fiverr, hire a fulltime SEO? What kind of activity would you focus on to get ranking? Would you go with the exact domain site? I don't know...

    Please understand, I'm not into the make money niche or any micro niche. I provide a service to corporations.

    I already shelled out $2,000 to a company called Attracta. That was a month before Penguin. I have yet to see how they can move my site back to first page. In fact, I was on third page when I paid them. Now, I'm on no page at all for my keyword phrase.
    Hi 56villages please send me your website address & the keyword phase you lost ranking after penguin update,i will take a look & let you know my thoughts on how to recover from that!You don't have to pay me anything as i learned a lot from here & it will be a pleasure if i can help out a fellow warrior .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6304099].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steadyon
      Originally Posted by shifat View Post

      Hi 56villages please send me your website address & the keyword phase you lost ranking after penguin update,i will take a look & let you know my thoughts on how to recover from that!You don't have to pay me anything as i learned a lot from here & it will be a pleasure if i can help out a fellow warrior .

      Don't do it 56....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6304149].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 56villages
        Originally Posted by Steadyon View Post

        Don't do it 56....
        Do you mean don't send my link and keyword to anyone? Why? is that a trust issue? Can they hurt my rankings anymore than they are hurting now?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6305334].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steadyon
          Originally Posted by 56villages View Post

          Do you mean don't send my link and keyword to anyone? Why? is that a trust issue? Can they hurt my rankings anymore than they are hurting now?

          There is help and there is "help". You decide 56...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6306529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    No offense to the OP or anyone else in this thread, but Penguin is only 1 month old. If you honestly believed someone was selling a fix for Penguin after just a few weeks, that is on you.
    Signature
    Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
    Delivered to you each week!

    >>> Sign Up Now <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6306805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gearmonkey
    [snip]
    Originally Posted by 56villages View Post

    They pretty much talk about Press Releases, Bookmarkings, web 2.0, fiverr gigs, etc. To me, it sounds like the same old tactics that Penguin frowned up. Yes, give me your money and I will show you how to bounce back now and get slapped again by google later.
    [/snip]

    I can't speak for what you read but I can tell you that those tactics still work if done correctly. The key is "done correctly". There is a fine line and if you are reckless, you could shoot yourself in the foot.

    Quality backlinks are the way to go and they always will be. People need to spend less time 'mass' building links and start spending more time finding quality links. One PR7 backlink is worth over 78,000 PR0s backlinks. The key is finding quality.
    Signature

    My Guitar Website | My SEO Blog - Advertising spots available.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6306826].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 56villages
      Originally Posted by gearmonkey View Post

      [snip]

      [/snip]

      I can't speak for what you read but I can tell you that those tactics still work if done correctly. The key is "done correctly". There is a fine line and if you are reckless, you could shoot yourself in the foot.

      Quality backlinks are the way to go and they always will be. People need to spend less time 'mass' building links and start spending more time finding quality links. One PR7 backlink is worth over 78,000 PR0s backlinks. The key is finding quality.
      This is kind of confusing. Everyone is an expert. Everyone says they can rank sites on the first page. Anyway, I appreciate all the feedback I'm getting here. Meanwhile, I'm doing some PPC to get some traffic. It's getting costly though.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6314438].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nik0
        Banned
        I don't think there really is a penguin rescue thing. I always recommend clients to get a new domain and do a redirect with a buffer in between so that you don't pass on the penalty.

        Obvious when you have a legit site (not some MFA or Amazon site) that makes a lot of money, then things are a bit different ofcourse. I don't have an answer to that really, except for building new links with a wide anchor diversity, perhaps that it helps in the long term.

        Those double redirects sure help (seen it a couple of times) and you get about 80-90% of your rankings back. And it's a pretty cheap, when using a url shortener as buffer it only costs you $10 on a new domain at Namecheap, now if the url shortener quits working you have a temporarily problem ofcourse.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6314497].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author 56villages
          Originally Posted by nik0 View Post


          Obvious when you have a legit site (not some MFA or Amazon site) that makes a lot of money, then things are a bit different of course. I don't have an answer to that really, except for building new links with a wide anchor diversity, perhaps that it helps in the long term.
          I do have a legitimate site with a strong brand. It would be hard for me to start with a new domain and redirect. Although, I can start with a different domain and go from there. As I said, I don't have a micro niche or Amazon site. I would like to see some of your SEO plans. Right now, I have a job posting on Odesk. Lots of people there are promising the world.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331385].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author nik0
            Banned
            Originally Posted by 56villages View Post

            I do have a legitimate site with a strong brand. It would be hard for me to start with a new domain and redirect. Although, I can start with a different domain and go from there. As I said, I don't have a micro niche or Amazon site. I would like to see some of your SEO plans. Right now, I have a job posting on Odesk. Lots of people there are promising the world.
            oDesk is about the worse place to find linkbuilders, although very sometimes you run into a real gem there, they do exist but it's like finding a needle in a haystick.

            My packages are safe but it's absolutely no guarantee to get your site back.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331742].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author BTbuzz
              Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

              oDesk is about the worse place to find linkbuilders, although very sometimes you run into a real gem there, they do exist but it's like finding a needle in a haystick.

              My packages are safe but it's absolutely no guarantee to get your site back.
              odesk is like fiverr, but u lose more money, don't trust the reviews that are on their profiles, I imagine there's some gems on there, but finding them would be a tuff call imho. just my experience with them.
              Signature

              Your Classy Money Making Website Awaits!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6445475].message }}

Trending Topics