Within one week all of my pages rank on page 1 of Google for my targeted keywords without doing any explicit backlinking. This is what I did:
- Registered a new brand name domain
- Installed Wordpress and the changed the permalink structure to: /%category%/%postname%/
- Created 10 posts and an 'About' page
- Created the following social accounts with the same brand name:
- Linked In
- Added the site to Google Anlaytics and Google Webmaster tools
- I linked the Twitter account to Facebook so any Twitter updates would appear in Facebook and Tweeted some of my new posts.
The only links that were created were in Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and a few niche forums / blogs I participate in. The incoming links that were created as a result of signing up to Facebook, Twitter etc cannot be from more than 6 domains and most will be nofollow.
Yesterday I logged onto Google Analytics just to check it was working and was shocked to see a steep curve of unique visits. With a new domain it usually takes me months to see more than a handful of unique visits.
I've created a few domains over the years but have never seen this type of response from the algorithm. If anyone can shed any light on this quick ranking phenomena i'd appreciate your views / insights?
I'm not expecting it to last but it is interesting and i'll post any other significant changes.