First of all nobody was born smart, so I guess that some of you don't know what an authority site is. It's a site with more then 100 articles, targeting more then 100 keywords and a site which offers more value then regular Micro Niche sites with which everybody starts with. Although the initial investment is bigger then building MNS sites, its a long term solution for getting passive income and I got rid of almost all of my MNS sites and focused on authority sites.
You need to make a proper research where you can get keywords which you then can monetize via three or more different income models. I usually monetize them via these methods (more regarding how to monetize them properly a few rows down):
- contextual ads via infolinks
- banner ads via adsense
- content locking
- my own e-book for sale
This means that you can not target keywords like "BMW X5", or any other similar keyword which can't ask of the user to make some action. But more keywords like:
[chicken salad recipe]
[fried chicken recipe]
[chicken noodle soup recipe]
[chicken soup recipe]
[chicken curry recipe]
[butter chicken recipe]
[chicken enchilada recipe]
With keywords like the ones above you can offer the user a chicken recipe, which is evergreen content, you can monetize the content via contextual ads and adsense, you can offer your own e-book which explains the best chicken recipes out there, and you can also give free books for download in a download section and content lock the download button with a mail submit.
So, as you can see, in the above example we have several sources of income for one site. Now, let's say that we gathered 100 keywords which cover the above topic of recipes, now we are going to the other step
Get 100 articles which target all of your keywords. The content should have at least 400 words, it has to be unique and informative. I usually tell my writers to write some fun facts about chickens, recipes, cooking or any other similar stuff to fill the word count, but to keep the content interesting.
PUBLISHING THE CONTENT AND RANKING IT
Now this is the interesting part. This is my way of doing it and it worked in the last 6 months, so I don't see a problem why it would not work in the next 6 months also.
So let's say that you have 80 articles, the first thing which I do is buy a domain and publish 20 articles on it, where each post has one picture, one youtube video and one internal link. I then let it breath for at least one month without any backlinking to it. After that I have a pattern which I follow:
STEP 1: backlinking the first batch of 20 articles
- I bookmark the published articles via this service
- I then drip feed google +1 to all the 20 articles, a random number to each article, if you can't do it manually I recommend using a social service provider
- I wait for the services to finish, around 1 week.
- Then I add high PR comments in a random number to each article, usually from 5 to 20, if you can't do it manually I recommend using scrapebox
- After that I build 40 web 2.0 blog posts with unique articles on them, targeting either my homepage (raw URL) or the sub-pages (main keyword) . If you can't do it manually, I recommend you use SENukeX or Ultimate Demon (although manual is best)
- I then bookmark the web 2.0 blog posts again with the above mentioned bookmarking service and build high PR comments to them also. I also submit them via a spintax article to a blog network.
- After that I have around 61 URL's (1 homepage, 20 subpages and 40 web 2.0 blog posts), I scrapebox each URL under anchor texts like "Mario, Karmen, Maria, Read more, More info" or any other similar anchor which is not targeting my keywords. The list which I use is an Auto Approve list with OBL below 200.
- I then collect all the links and submit them to linkilicious and wait for another two weeks.
It is crucial to build proper backlinks to the first 20 articles which you have on the site
STEP 2: backlinking the second batch of 20 articles
30 days later, almost all of my keywords are in top 5, if you found good keywords, some may also be on #1.
I then publish the other batch of 20 articles, which again target 20 different (but similar) keywords. And again start my backlinking, but a little bit different then the first part:
- each of the articles is again published to facebook or twitter
- each of the articles again get some Google +1 likes
- each of the articles get's high PR comments, but the double amount of the first batch
And that's it, I again leave it breath for another one to two weeks.
The fact is that we have build proper backlinks to the first batch of articles, and the second batch will automatically gain authority on google and they will be crawled in seconds and ranked properly, without any additional backlinking.
STEP 3: backlinking the third batch of 20 articles
Here I repeat the Step 1
STEP 4: Backlinking the fourth batch of 20 articles
Here I repeat the Step 2
STEP 5: Building high PR to your domain
After the whole thing I start building HIGH PR comments to the domain, my RAW url. In this case I also love to include .edu backlinks, like Big Budies pyramid
As you can see, each batch will look different to Google because it has random numbers of backlinks, it's diverse and it has multiple sources of backlinks. I usually get 70% of the keywords to the top 5 and I'm more then happy with the number of visitors.
I repeat, this is just my way of ranking sites, you can use other methods if you don't like my way of doing it.
MONETIZING THE AUTHORITY SITE
- on your right/left side you should have a link to the download section (which is just a separate page with 5 links and descriptions). In the download section I have 5 free e-books about cooking which a user can download after filling out a CPA offer via MeatHeads content locker
- each page has two adsense blocks. I usually take one block and one leaderboard banner.
- I integrate the infolinks script which offers a few dollars here and now
PROMOTING YOUR OWN E-BOOK
- you can either promote some clickbank products, or you can give your writers to write you a proper e-book, which in this example would have chicken recipes. Like, top 50 chicken recipes with nice pictures, graphics and good content. I usually sell them for $9.99, put it on a separate page on the site and mention the page IN EACH POST.
And that's it, I let it earn and each month I add another, smaller, batch of articles to the site.
To sum it all up:
- build authority sites which offer evergreen content
- put quality content on them, don't put bull****, you will get natural links if the content is good
- each article should have a picture and a YouTube video
- diversify your linkbuilding
- have several ways of monetizing the site
- keep updating it with articles and backlinks