Completely Outsourcing An Income Generating Blog

39 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Whats up Warriors,

I just had an idea and wanted to get some feedback on it...

Basically, I am starting a project in which I am outsourcing almost every aspect of creating a white hat income generating blog. (I will contribute only 5-6 hours per month)

I don't mean outsourcing with Fiverr gigs and automated spammy link building. I mean a legitimate blog, with legitimate articles, and legitimate link building.

Here's the plan:

There are two activities that I find are the most effective in growing a site REALLY quickly:

1) Posting quality content
2) Posting quality guest posts

You may agree or disagree but this is what works for ME. That's why I am going to use these activities as the crucial aspects to outsource.

Outsourcing Quality Content

This shouldn't be too hard. I am going to hire a quality writer to write quality content at $12 per 800 word article.

I will be doing the keyword research (this and site maintenance will be the 5-6 hours a month I put in) and sending a list of titles. The rest of the process will be handled by the writer (create the article, add images, post on wordpress)

This should take content out of my hands.

Link Building on Autopilot

Guest posting is a bit harder to outsource but I think I have a solution:

Hire a VA to research sites that guest post and reach out to them. Then, have my writer send posts for guest posting to my VA. My VA then manages the placement.

Essentially, this should put guest posting (link building) out of my hands.

This means my monthly tasks will be limited to:

Answering Emails (probably could have my VA do this anyway)
Generating Keywords (takes me 3-4 hours to generate 7-10 good keywords)
Site Maintenance (shouldn't be much)
Managing VA and Writer (making sure everything is flowing)

The Financials

I am sure you are wondering how much this will cost. I make about $300.00 per month on one of my spammy sites in the same niche, so I am going to use this sites income as re-investment into this project. Thus:

Total Monthly Budget = $300

I plan to spend:

$240.00 on 20 pieces of content per month (15 for blog 5 for guest posting)

$60.00 per month for a virtual assistant for guest post outreach (30 hours at $2.00/hour)

My goal is to turn this $300.00/month investment into $2000.00 per month in about 6 months. I am very confident that I will succeed.

I like the fact that I will not be responsible for the writing because I think this has been a hinderance on my success in many projects.

In this case, as long as I keep re-investing, the site should grow.

I am sure you all have some opinions/questions/thoughts on this and I would love to hear them...
#blog #completely #generating #income #outsourcing
  • Profile picture of the author SEO4hire
    Sounds like an interesting plan. I will definitely be following up on this thread to check out your progress. Good luck...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6649478].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author methodsem
      Originally Posted by SEO4hire View Post

      Sounds like an interesting plan. I will definitely be following up on this thread to check out your progress. Good luck...
      Thanks for your interest! Hope I can generate a great case study for everyone.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6649489].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SEO4hire
        Originally Posted by methodsem View Post

        Thanks for your interest! Hope I can generate a great case study for everyone.
        I hope so too. My goal is to reach $100 a day in Adsense by the end of the year, so the more I can learn the better. I love case studies like this. If you find a high quality content writer, let us know. I am always on the lookout for a reliable writer that can put out high quality content - preferably LSI-style.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6649518].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author methodsem
          Originally Posted by SEO4hire View Post

          I hope so too. My goal is to reach $100 a day in Adsense by the end of the year, so the more I can learn the better. I love case studies like this. If you find a high quality content writer, let us know. I am always on the lookout for a reliable writer that can put out high quality content - preferably LSI-style.
          Yeah, I think the writer is going to be the hardest part and account for most of the cost. I'll let you know how it works out.

          I started the hiring process on oDesk and should have some hires by early next week.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6649862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Multi-millions
    Great Idea! Now the hard part is finding the right people to do the work. Please keep us posted
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6651020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author risingrank
    i think you will need to have other seo budget other than the guess post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6651149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Foulds
    You pretty much took my plan. My next monetized will be 90% outsourced, I'll spend 2 hours a week "steering the ship".

    I plan to set the site up, then spend 45 mins a week posting articles (collected from various sources), 45 mins manually building backlinks & 30 mins a week outsourcing campaigns such as backlinking, more articles, solo ads, JVs etc........ Thats it.
    Signature
    Click here to learn the #1 secret to making money in the fitness industry:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6651989].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cooler1
    Good luck with the project. What monetization are you using for the blog?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6652729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chrisbroholm
    Aren't you worried that 20 pieces of content would mean that your content on average would be consumed quite a bit less than if you posted only, say, 3 times per week?

    It would also save you some money or you could spend the extra money making the articles longer. I'm not sure its better, but what do you think?

    Good luck with it
    Signature

    Check out my blog GenuineOnlineMarketing.com where I talk about building Amazon and Adsense Niche Websites.

    Over 800 Amazon Reviews for $1 - No way?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6652809].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author methodsem
    @risingrank I might include some email outreach (done by my virtual assistant) but I have had good success using only guest posting for backlinking.

    @Steve Foulds Glad to see someone else working on a similar project. Hopefully we can collaborate on ideas/successes/failures moving forward.

    @cooler1 Affiliate

    @chrisbroholm I'm really going for an SEO play here. Writing articles on keywords that I have done in depth research on. In that sense, I think the more articles that I can produce the better. With that being said, quality articles aren't cheap, so I'm going to limit it to 20 until the site makes more money and I can re-invest.

    UPDATE FOR ALL: I hired a kickass writer at $12 per hour and she is working on the first couple of articles for the site. I also hired a really great VA and I have her doing some outreach (to see what she is capable of doing) She is on at $2.50 per hour.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658406].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author methodsem
      QUICK UPDATE: The writer that I hired emailed me today saying that another job came up and she will not be able to do the job. This means I will have to start the writing hiring process all over again.

      Definitely a setback, but this can be expected with this kind of hiring...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6663553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author slomo
    Very interesting project
    What sort of site will this be?
    what niche is it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6664153].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author methodsem
      Originally Posted by slomo View Post

      Very interesting project
      What sort of site will this be?
      what niche is it?
      It's in the "make money online" niche. A little more focused but that is the general niche.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6664696].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasono
    Quite a good plan. But you need to hire the right people for this. Why don't you try looking for content writers and VA here: directory.outsoutcingautopilot.com
    Signature

    Learn how to make more money using outsourcing and virtual assistants while freeing up your valuable time. Visit http://outsourcingautopilot.com

    Facebook - Twitter

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6664164].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DizenSounds
    Not a bad idea but I'd probably just find solid linkbuilding services than having to manage a VA. Trust me when I say this won't be an easy task at all, or if they already know SEO it'sg onna be expensive.

    Outsourcing will be cheaper for linkbuilding, and require less management overall. Plus, you already know the effectiveness of the service based on reviews.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6665274].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author methodsem
      Originally Posted by DizenSounds View Post

      Not a bad idea but I'd probably just find solid linkbuilding services than having to manage a VA. Trust me when I say this won't be an easy task at all, or if they already know SEO it'sg onna be expensive.

      Outsourcing will be cheaper for linkbuilding, and require less management overall. Plus, you already know the effectiveness of the service based on reviews.
      I definitely see your points... I want to give this a try for the sake of the experiment, though.

      I have a VA hired at $2.50/hour. She is from the US and is very good. I had her get me contact info from 150 sites that link to a competitor of mine. I am going to have her do outreach to these sites to ask for a link.

      In total, this won't cost me more than $10.00... However, who knows if this will get me any links at all...

      What linkbuilding services do you recommend? Are they legitimate white hat methods or black hat/spammy?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6665434].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DeskCoder
        Originally Posted by methodsem View Post

        I definitely see your points... I want to give this a try for the sake of the experiment, though.

        I have a VA hired at $2.50/hour. She is from the US and is very good. I had her get me contact info from 150 sites that link to a competitor of mine. I am going to have her do outreach to these sites to ask for a link.

        In total, this won't cost me more than $10.00... However, who knows if this will get me any links at all...

        What linkbuilding services do you recommend? Are they legitimate white hat methods or black hat/spammy?
        Where did you find your VA? I have been meaning to get one, just not sure where to start looking.
        Signature

        Developer by day ... need any development work done (I specialize in .Net and Web Development), send me a PM.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6666786].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author methodsem
          Originally Posted by DeskCoder View Post

          Where did you find your VA? I have been meaning to get one, just not sure where to start looking.
          oDesk works wonders. I put up a VA listing and I had 15+ applications at anywhere from $1 to $4 an hour.

          Honestly, for simple tasks this is a REALLY efficient way to get things done.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6671150].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ebookzz
        Originally Posted by methodsem View Post

        I definitely see your points... I want to give this a try for the sake of the experiment, though.

        I have a VA hired at $2.50/hour. She is from the US and is very good. I had her get me contact info from 150 sites that link to a competitor of mine. I am going to have her do outreach to these sites to ask for a link.

        In total, this won't cost me more than $10.00... However, who knows if this will get me any links at all...

        What linkbuilding services do you recommend? Are they legitimate white hat methods or black hat/spammy?
        WOW Va From US $2.50/hour Great find
        Signature




        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6720670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Foulds
    I'm looking at using MarceMontane on here for my linkbuilding. Getting 6 articles written then getting him to submit one a month
    Signature
    Click here to learn the #1 secret to making money in the fitness industry:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6665324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GodMode52
    Good luck with your project mate but honestly I doubt that you could earn more than 400-500$ /m in 6months with this plan.

    20 articles /m *6m = 120 articles

    I guess you are going to target easy kw's if you hope to rank with this SEO strategy, and even with easy keywords I seriously doubt that you could rank more than 40-60 keywords in 6months period with this methods.

    So let's assume that you rank those 50 keywords, being easy KW's I doubt that you could earn more than 10$ /m with single KW , so all in all 500$/m if everything goes well.

    You may have a decent plan but you need to adjust your strategy.

    Just my 0,002 cents , good luck again.
    Signature

    Want Google Page ONE Rankings? [YES] [NO]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6665654].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author methodsem
      Originally Posted by GodMode52 View Post

      Good luck with your project mate but honestly I doubt that you could earn more than 400-500$ /m in 6months with this plan.

      20 articles /m *6m = 120 articles

      I guess you are going to target easy kw's if you hope to rank with this SEO strategy, and even with easy keywords I seriously doubt that you could rank more than 40-60 keywords in 6months period with this methods.

      So let's assume that you rank those 50 keywords, being easy KW's I doubt that you could earn more than 10$ /m with single KW , so all in all 500$/m if everything goes well.

      You may have a decent plan but you need to adjust your strategy.

      Just my 0,002 cents , good luck again.

      Appreciate the honest input!

      The KW's I am targeting are about 1000 searches per month or more. I am getting an average of $0.25 per visitor, so each KW is potentially worth $250 per month. (yes - i am getting a very high price per visitor)

      If I were to rank for all 100 keywords I write for, that would mean $25,000 per month. (obviously, this is NEVER going to happen.)

      In order to get to $150.00 per day (my goal) I would need to rank for about 18% of this. (either 18% top 3 results or 60% - 70% top 10 in my estimate)

      I am laser focused on hitting this goal and I really think it is attainable.

      Of course, I will keep you all posted so time will tell.

      Thanks again for the contribution!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6671140].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tylerherman
        Originally Posted by methodsem View Post

        Appreciate the honest input!

        The KW's I am targeting are about 1000 searches per month or more. I am getting an average of $0.25 per visitor, so each KW is potentially worth $250 per month. (yes - i am getting a very high price per visitor)

        If I were to rank for all 100 keywords I write for, that would mean $25,000 per month. (obviously, this is NEVER going to happen.)

        In order to get to $150.00 per day (my goal) I would need to rank for about 18% of this. (either 18% top 3 results or 60% - 70% top 10 in my estimate)

        I am laser focused on hitting this goal and I really think it is attainable.

        Of course, I will keep you all posted so time will tell.

        Thanks again for the contribution!

        No offense but you're either lying or a moron. Why would you slow drip articles to a site making .25 per visitor and not be anywhere near maxed out.

        You've stumbled upon a golden niche. Why would you waste your time taking it slow when you could pump out 100-200 pages and have the whole think locked down in a month. You can still have your little blog to keep the site fresh.

        Something doesn't add up here.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6685734].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author methodsem
          Originally Posted by tylerherman View Post

          No offense but you're either lying or a moron. Why would you slow drip articles to a site making .25 per visitor and not be anywhere near maxed out.

          You've stumbled upon a golden niche. Why would you waste your time taking it slow when you could pump out 100-200 pages and have the whole think locked down in a month. You can still have your little blog to keep the site fresh.

          Something doesn't add up here.
          I'm a liar or a moron?

          100-200 pages = 100 - 200 hours or $1000-$2000. If I had the money or time to just do this right away obviously I would! The fact is I have other jobs/commitments and can't write all day long.

          Hence, the slow drip.

          I slowly invest in my sites without having to commit a large amount of resources. It takes time for a site to get indexed and ranked anyway, so whats the point in rushing hundreds of pages of content in a month.

          I understand your skepticism in a place like this but why would I be dishonest about something like this. I am not selling anything.

          If you don't trust me it's simple, get out of the thread!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6689979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author methodsem
    FIRST WEEK UPDATES - 7/25/12

    I just updated this case study on my blog so I thought I would share it here.

    First of all, hiring went much quickly than I thought.

    I now have 2 writers and 2 VA's on lock that are doing a really good job. The first post on the website went live and I should have 4-5 more queued up shortly.

    I am putting a bit more time into it than I originally expected but I should be able to slowly outsource all these tasks. I find that you really have to complete all the processes yourself and then slowly outsource it piece by piece.

    Anyways, here are some quick updates:

    Traffic since June 1st - 86 organic visitors (this is from the one article that was already on the website)
    Income: $16.75 from affiliate signups (gotta love that $.20 per visitor rate)
    Expenses: $50.00 (upfront payments/articles/hosting)

    Net Profit: -$33.15

    I expect Net Profit to keep going down for the first 3-4 months. Hopefully at that point it will rise...

    I'm planning on updating this once every month moving forward, unless you all think I should update more.

    BTW - If you'd care for more detailed updates and a closer look into keyword, screenshots, ect. feel free to check out my blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6679979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oling
    I will be following this thread... One thing for sure for me is writing contents/articles is my biggest problem or hurdle and what you've been doing is what I am looking forward to do too..

    Be following you..
    Signature

    Learn More About Me later...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6680017].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author methodsem
      Originally Posted by Oling View Post

      I will be following this thread... One thing for sure for me is writing contents/articles is my biggest problem or hurdle and what you've been doing is what I am looking forward to do too..

      Be following you..
      Yes, writing content and articles is something that I feel has always held me back. I will go strong for a month or so and then slack off. I think if I get this set up right it will ensure that I stick to my content goals and meet my income goals.

      Thanks for the comment and glad to hear you are following!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6684600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettech
    Hi MethodSem,

    Great thread and thanks for the info. Quick question regarding your VA. What exactly is the job description of the VA? What are the exact things you expect your VA to do? Does this VA have any experience or have you trained them in how you want things to be done? I'm lookin to hire a VA as well to give life to my many DEAD sites and this is the only way I can achieve this being in a full time job!

    Appreciate all the help!
    Zaheer
    Signature

    Thanks
    Zaheer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6721235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author d0rhk
    Yeah it's been a couple months, hows the site progressing?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6941603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author opulence
    Hey mate, keen to hear how the plan unfolded for you?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7767112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aircellent
    Micro niche sites are mostly dead now if not paralyzed. It is very wise to start building authority sites with at least 2 pages. I have a few authority sites that have not lost any rankings despite the many animal updates from Big G.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7767892].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Aircellent View Post

      Micro niche sites are mostly dead now if not paralyzed. It is very wise to start building authority sites with at least 2 pages. I have a few authority sites that have not lost any rankings despite the many animal updates from Big G.
      Authority sites with at least 2 pages :rolleyes:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7767916].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

        Authority sites with at least 2 pages :rolleyes:
        Maybe 10 pages is a MEGA site.


        [j/k]
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7767957].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nik0
          Banned
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          Maybe 10 pages is a MEGA site.


          [j/k]
          Actually I wanted to make a comment about the $0,20 per visitor after a huge sample of 86 visitors but it turned out that the thread starter didn't reply for ages so I left it out

          Not to mention the VA from the US for $2.50/hour.

          And the best part is that many people love this thread, maybe I should start to rewrite my sales letters if this is the public that we're dealing with.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7768393].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ilee
      Originally Posted by Aircellent View Post

      Micro niche sites are mostly dead now if not paralyzed. It is very wise to start building authority sites with at least 2 pages. I have a few authority sites that have not lost any rankings despite the many animal updates from Big G.
      Better be really good quality two pages though! Ha
      Signature
      --~***~--


      --~***~--
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7767946].message }}

Trending Topics