My website was hit big time on the 24th April. People have said that it's not Panda Algo that has hit it, so it must be Penguin.In effect I went from page 1 to nowhere literally overnight.
I have received no manual penalty in Webmaster tools so I'm assuming that I should be able to recover the site somehow.
So far I have:
1) Gone through inbound links from article directories and changed most of the anchor text to none specific wording i.e. Click here, Learn more, just the domain etc..
2) Added fresh content on site and created backlink to this content as above
3) Added a privacy page
4) Cleaned up H1, H2, H3 tags in that I now have just one H1 tag and a few H2's H3's etc..
5) Made sure all meta tags are relevant and different throughout the site
6) Made sure all pictures have relevant alt tags
7) Created fresh and original articles, Yahoo Answers, forum posts, Pinterest, Youtube videos all linking back to the site with varying achor text (see point 1)
I've done all this and nothing has made a single bit of difference to regaining my site status whatsoever. It's still nowhere for my keywords where once it was page 1 for many. It does show all my site content if I Google site://mywebsite so I'm not banned or anything.
Have I done anything wrong in the above list or is there anything that I have over looked and should do more of?
Would really appreciate some help.