1) Find a product that gets 300-1000 exact match searches and a fair few supplemental searches (review, buy, order) - think microwaves, tvs, washing machines, baby products, gym products
2) get exact match domain (important) - dont worry about adding the brand to the domain name, I know a lot of people cry about doing that, but if anyone moans (which no one ever does) just give it back. each domain only has a limited shelf life anyway, these are not your 'babies'.
3) Build a 3 page site with a free wordpress theme (do not spend hours 'designing' this, you want users off your site in seconds)
4) Order 3 300 word articles about your product from iwriter, place on site
5) add affiliate links and images - link all images to aff link
6) add links from your other sites, related forums, dofollow blog comments, or simply buy a links package on the forum. you can do this without spending any money or much time, you dont need many.
7) Repeat, once a day/week depending how much your willing to invest in domain costs.
I could have fleshed out each of those points and made AMAZON KILLER the FRESHEST WSO EVER but this is all stuff that we already know. I'm just reiterating how simple it is, don't over think it.
I know the vast amount of options of IM can paralyse people - if you already have a strategy, carry on with it, dont do this... but if you dont, you have no excuse to start.
Once you have this boiled down to a simple process it can be outsourced, leaving you to try all the other weird and wonderful PPV or CPA whatever...
I just love this method.
Oh, and if you're in the UK don't do this, cos this is MY ZONE just kidding.