I'm in a position in my SEO business where I have a dedicated team of seo people. Link builders, content writers, etc. Previously I have spent a lot of my time performing these various tasks, however now I handle more of the management tasks and advanced seo a client needs. Bottom line, I need to get more business for my company and I need to spend my time more wisely and more effectively.
I'm just wondering how other SEO Business owners spent their time on a typical day? One thing I know for sure is that a lot of time needs to be spent prospecting, selling and drumming up business. I feel that the following duties are where a lot of a business owners time should be spent:
- Promoting myself and my knowledge through guest blogging, articles, etc.
- Conducing Webinars to teach prospects, etc about seo and other topics I specialize in.
- Focusing on crafting effective lead nurturing and email campaigns and also optimizing them.
- Monitoring and optimizing company website on page traffic via heat maps, and other analytical tools.
- Staying up to date on the latest google algorithm updates, and what the top seo authorities are talking about.
- Prospecting New business via the various preferred channels online and offline.
- Actively optimizing and ranking company site for targeted keywords.