Anyone success on POF?

19 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi,

I recently set up some campaigns on POF in dating niche,it seems hard to scale profitable campaign...
Any guys rock in POF?Plz also give me some tips.
Will give a big thanks here

Thanks
#pof #win
  • Profile picture of the author Christophe Young
    POF is a great place to run a banner campaign to get some highly targeted dating traffic. A lot factors into it though including the banner design, the text on the banner and your actual targeting.

    Are you sending the traffic to a squeeze page?

    Is your banner compelling; forcing people to click on it?

    Be careful with how much you spend though. It's good to put limits on spending and run campaigns at certain times.
    Signature
    Under Construction
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6886872].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RogueOne
      You might want to check out okcupid.com. Their site is much more appealing and user friendly than POF. They also have excellent targeting options.
      Signature
      Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
      All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6887562].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bretski
        No... no success here... most of them just want dinner and a movie but they never put out
        Signature
        ***Affordable Quality Content Written For You!***
        Experience Content Writer - PM Bretski!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6887678].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
          Banned
          Originally Posted by bretski View Post

          No... no success here... most of them just want dinner and a movie but they never put out
          lol ... and my daughter brought a real dog home that she met on POF. Arf Arf.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894886].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Locks
        Originally Posted by RogueOne View Post

        You might want to check out okcupid.com. Their site is much more appealing and user friendly than POF. They also have excellent targeting options.
        Oh, and I'm going to threadjack a bit here.

        I feel like an idiot but I can't figure out where to go to get into OKCupid's ad platform. What am I missing here?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6906456].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TomFang
        Originally Posted by RogueOne View Post

        You might want to check out okcupid.com. Their site is much more appealing and user friendly than POF. They also have excellent targeting options.
        Uh, where is the self serve advertising? I don't think it exists. They're owned by Match.
        Signature
        Please stop making self-promotional posts. It wastes your time post them and ours deleting them
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8157546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bonadza Vojo
    Here are some guidelines on how to fully utilize POF and create a good campaign:


    Don't target too broadly, make your campaigns smaller and more targeted.

    Target small groups with a specific interest, and create your ads around that interest.

    If for example you're promoting a dating offer, and your target is single males, from 18 to 21, from the USA, and you make create generic ads for them, you're gonna fail miserably.



    You need to divide your campaigns by various interests utilizing the targeting options that POF has.


    The good thing about POF is that it allows you to to reach very specific targets. For example, you could target taller guys, and create ads like "Find chicks that dig taller guys in {state}" , or you could target overweight males and state in your creatives that they can find chicks that dig overweight males.

    Take advantage of the geo-location variables that they offer, as well as the age variable.

    The more unique parameters you select, the better. What I mean by this is, you could target men with dark hair, and build the creatives around them, but I doubt it would be significantly more successful than what you're doing right now.

    The problem with this is having a dark hair is still very broad, not unique, and 20-30% of the people have this feature.

    On the other hand. You could target "men over 7 feet tall". Now this is an extremely unique characteristic. There are probably 0.1% men that are over 7 feet tall. I imagine this would be extremely effective, and performing really well. Now imagine a 7 foot tall guy, browsing POF, and seeing an ad related to his height, it will immediately draw interest too him, and there's a big chance he'll do something about it, and click the ad, maybe convert to your page.

    Basically, instead of everything lumped into a huge target, like you have done, create smaller yet more targeted campaigns. Some of this subgroups will be extremely effective, some, will not. You'll just remove the ones that don't perform.

    Play around with the targeting options and you'll find a lot of ways to target the users in a better manner, which will result with a much higher CTR, and better performance.


    Session Depth, Login Count, Ads Clicked


    Play with the "Session Depth" targeting parameters. Setting it to less than 5 usually works very well. This will serve your ads only to users that have checked out less than 5 pages since they logged in. If the users doesn't click an ad within the first 10-15 pages he views on pof since the login, there's a good chance he's not gonna click anything during his pof session. So this parameter is extremely useful for narrowing down the quaility traffic.

    You have a feature there to target only newer users, users that have only logged in just a few times, those are way more responsive that than the seasoned users. This is the "login count" parameter. Use it to your advantage! Set it to less than hundred, or less than fifty for best results.

    Also, play with the "ads clicked" parameter which is also very useful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6887785].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hkpatt
      Originally Posted by Bonadza Dan View Post

      Here are some guidelines on how to fully utilize POF and create a good campaign:


      Don't target too broadly, make your campaigns smaller and more targeted.

      Target small groups with a specific interest, and create your ads around that interest.

      If for example you're promoting a dating offer, and your target is single males, from 18 to 21, from the USA, and you make create generic ads for them, you're gonna fail miserably.



      You need to divide your campaigns by various interests utilizing the targeting options that POF has.


      The good thing about POF is that it allows you to to reach very specific targets. For example, you could target taller guys, and create ads like "Find chicks that dig taller guys in {state}" , or you could target overweight males and state in your creatives that they can find chicks that dig overweight males.

      Take advantage of the geo-location variables that they offer, as well as the age variable.

      The more unique parameters you select, the better. What I mean by this is, you could target men with dark hair, and build the creatives around them, but I doubt it would be significantly more successful than what you're doing right now.

      The problem with this is having a dark hair is still very broad, not unique, and 20-30% of the people have this feature.

      On the other hand. You could target "men over 7 feet tall". Now this is an extremely unique characteristic. There are probably 0.1% men that are over 7 feet tall. I imagine this would be extremely effective, and performing really well. Now imagine a 7 foot tall guy, browsing POF, and seeing an ad related to his height, it will immediately draw interest too him, and there's a big chance he'll do something about it, and click the ad, maybe convert to your page.

      Basically, instead of everything lumped into a huge target, like you have done, create smaller yet more targeted campaigns. Some of this subgroups will be extremely effective, some, will not. You'll just remove the ones that don't perform.

      Play around with the targeting options and you'll find a lot of ways to target the users in a better manner, which will result with a much higher CTR, and better performance.


      Session Depth, Login Count, Ads Clicked


      Play with the "Session Depth" targeting parameters. Setting it to less than 5 usually works very well. This will serve your ads only to users that have checked out less than 5 pages since they logged in. If the users doesn't click an ad within the first 10-15 pages he views on pof since the login, there's a good chance he's not gonna click anything during his pof session. So this parameter is extremely useful for narrowing down the quaility traffic.

      You have a feature there to target only newer users, users that have only logged in just a few times, those are way more responsive that than the seasoned users. This is the "login count" parameter. Use it to your advantage! Set it to less than hundred, or less than fifty for best results.

      Also, play with the "ads clicked" parameter which is also very useful.
      Hi
      Thanks for the information on POF ad campaigns.
      How do I check my affiliate links for POF cpa campaign.I picked up CPA offer from CPA Tank.When I paste the URL on my browser it gets redirected to some other site totally unrelated to the offer I do not know why it is happening.My campaigns in POF receives some impressions but hardly any clicks or any conversion.Because it is not showing the proper site to the visitor.

      I hope you have an answer for me

      hkpatt
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6897807].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Locks
        Originally Posted by hkpatt View Post

        Hi
        Thanks for the information on POF ad campaigns.
        How do I check my affiliate links for POF cpa campaign.I picked up CPA offer from CPA Tank.When I paste the URL on my browser it gets redirected to some other site totally unrelated to the offer I do not know why it is happening.My campaigns in POF receives some impressions but hardly any clicks or any conversion.Because it is not showing the proper site to the visitor.

        I hope you have an answer for me

        hkpatt
        I actually just made my first profitable POF campaign this week. Had to spend about $150.00 to get to that point. For obvious reasons I'm not going to go into detail, but it's really just a matter of finding an offer that appeals to what people are already there for... i.e. dating (women) and sex (men). Digging down into niches will really help you, for example, after I realized that my most recent campaign I set about creating about 15-20 different campaigns for it to split test variables (and to try and get more traffic). What I discovered really shaped how i'm approaching optimizing the campaign. Firstly, the campaign is not profitable when marketed to 19-24 year olds and the CTR's are terrible. Then they are at least somewhat profitable with 25-30 year olds with OK CTR's. But when marketed to 31-36 the numbers go through the roof. I'm talking CTR's of .2-.3 and even higher for some of the creatives.

        Hang in there, if you've got half a brain you'll figure it out.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6906431].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    It's impossible to answer threads like this without knowing what your offer is, how well is it targeted to POF traffic, how much it costs and how effective the ad copy is. Without all of that info any comments will be generic and general and not much help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6887803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    May work for some people in some niches.... not so good for meeting women tho lol.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6888106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ashleydupray
    Would it be good to try and advertise a Work at home opportunity there?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6889328].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author womendollars
    POF is not as easy as everyone says. First off, they are very strict about you are promoting. They often deny ads for other dating sites too. Majority of the ads on POF I believe are deals with the site directly. I may be wrong though.

    I've never had nay luck there with fitness, dating or seduction. It's just not that easy IMO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6889372].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author misterme
      I thought the site was "plentyoffish" but then I found out the people on it were actually "plenty offish."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6889501].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bonadza Vojo
      Originally Posted by womendollars View Post

      POF is not as easy as everyone says. First off, they are very strict about you are promoting. They often deny ads for other dating sites too. Majority of the ads on POF I believe are deals with the site directly. I may be wrong though.

      I've never had nay luck there with fitness, dating or seduction. It's just not that easy IMO.
      I haven't had many issues with approval.

      They have clear guidelines of what they accept and what they don't related to dating.

      They don't allow promotion of free dating sites. By free, I mean dating sites that are actually free, and give you the whole functionality without needing to pay extra money.

      Most dating offers on the CPA networks, are not free. They are free to register, and you usually get paid per a free signup, but when the user signs up, what he can do is extremely limited. He will not be able to do anything but browse profiles, you need to pay a membership fee to get all the functionality and be able to contact people, message them, etc...

      They don't allow real free sites because it's direct competition to their site. PoF is the biggest free dating sites.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6893976].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greedy
    - Find a lot of ad images, and test a lot of ad images.

    - Look at what competitors are doing.

    - Keep the offers simple CPL ones, people on a dating website have ADD and won't read a lengthily sales page.

    - Learn the tricks of the network, stuff like Bonadza Dan mentioned.

    - Make killer landing pages.

    - Pay attention to your demographics and targeting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6906658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onegoodman
    I tried it once but had no luck. However, it is fair to say wouldn't expect much because since I wasn't targeting for a dating website.

    I think you have a better luck if you can find the appropriate category to advertise on them.

    I got over 30 click none of them were useful (conversion rate was too low) taking into consideration that landing was pretty well designed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6906742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author henryw1981
    Does anyone no of a good software for POF marketing?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7981491].message }}

Trending Topics