I have figured out that my website got hit by panda. Now I did a bit research and found out what is Panda looking for:
• A high % of duplicate content. This might apply to a page, a site or both. If it’s a site measure then that might contribute to each page’s evaluation.
• A low amount of original content on a page or site.
• A high % (or number) of pages with a low amount of original content.
• A high amount of inappropriate (they don’t match the search queries a page does well for) adverts, especially high on the page.
• Page content (and page title tag) not matching the search queries a page does well for.
• Unnatural language on a page including heavy-handed on-page SEO (‘over-optimization’ to use a common oxymoron). Eg unnatural overuse of a word on a page.
• High bounce rate on page or site.
• Low visit times on page or site.
• Low % of users returning to a site.
• Low clickthrough % from Google’s results pages (for page or site).
• High % of boilerplate content (the same on every page).
• Low or no quality inbound links to a page or site (by count or %).
• Low or no mentions or links to a page or site in social media and from other sites.
Now I have bolded out the reasons why my site dropped.
- My bounce rate is around 90%
- My average visit on the site is ~30sec.
- Low % users returning to the site
- No social signals.
NB: All my sites are micro niche sites for resolving a one specific problem, so It's possible to make returning visitors, but I'm able to make bounce rate better, average visit and social signals.
What you suggest to do?
I was planning to add a video for the main page to higher the average visit time on the site. I was planning to create "squeeze" page to sell the product on another page, so when people go to my site they will also click to another page. Social signals? It's almost impossible to get them naturally so I thought that I will order some likes/shares?
What you think about this strategy, does it help? What are your suggestions to improve the bolded factors?