What link building strategy should I use?

by iPeter
20 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello, warriors! Apparently this is my first post here. I am a newbie at IM and the path I've chosen is the affiliate marketing.

First I'll tell you what I've been doing for the last month. I'll use points, because it looks more organized.
  1. I ordered a brand-like domain name (the EMD update shouldn't bother me) and a hosting service;
  2. I made a keyword research and I found 20 keywords that are good and that can be topics of articles;
  3. I wrote 20 articles, 17 of which are currently online, the other 3 will be added soon. After that I'll write one or two articles every week;
  4. I registered in aWeber and I wrote useful 15-page ebook and email sequence that consists of 25 messages that are sent in a 60-day period. The messages have "95% information and 5% promotion" (I've read about these percentages somewhere).
  5. A week ago my site started being online.

Now I'm beginning to populize my blog. My job for today is to do some social media marketing (I'm beginning in a moment). Tomorrow I'm starting with the link building. I wouldn't be worried if that Penguin update wasn't storming. That's why I'd like to know what strategy I should follow. I'd like to know what anchors I should use and what type of links I should aim for (e.g. blog comments, guest posts, social stuff, (article) directories etc.).
#building #link #strategy
  • Profile picture of the author Geekgirl01
    I would use the anchor text of your keywords, but keep a good diversity going with those. Guest posts are great, but only on high pr page blogs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7140436].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iPeter
      Thanks. I think "a good diversity" is a highly subjective term. So isn't there some kind of a certain number of different anchor texts that should be maintained? Or maybe a tip like "The main keyword shouldn't be the anchor text of more than x% of the links"?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7140715].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TomerN
        Originally Posted by iChristian View Post

        Thanks. I think "a good diversity" is a highly subjective term. So isn't there some kind of a certain number of different anchor texts that should be maintained? Or maybe a tip like "The main keyword shouldn't be the anchor text of more than x% of the links"?
        I heard the main anchor text shouldn't be more than 15% of the links to be accurate. That's what I've been doing with my websites and been getting great results. More than 30% looks unnatural to Google.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7141067].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
        Originally Posted by iChristian View Post

        Thanks. I think "a good diversity" is a highly subjective term. So isn't there some kind of a certain number of different anchor texts that should be maintained? Or maybe a tip like "The main keyword shouldn't be the anchor text of more than x% of the links"?
        No more than 20%. Make sure a percentage of links are linked the way real people would do it. Naked URLs, 'check this out,' etc.
        Signature
        Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7141098].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author callarabic
    start commenting in blogs related with your topic , send some articles to article directory
    donot use the auto blogs platforms or soft
    Signature

    search for blog to comment in comment easy

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7141624].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iPeter
    I think that I pretty much got the information I needed. Thank you!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7142006].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikevaughan
    First analyze your competitors back links what kind of strategies they are used to reach the top position of search engines.

    Place your targeted keywords in the anchor text but don't over do show some link variations for example if your keyword is Web design company then build back links fro the following words
    web design company
    web design
    web design service
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7142054].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ownergolan
    The diverse one where you don't think too much and just do it.
    Signature
    "Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti-dop, that's all my eyes can see..
    Ill put in work, and watch my status escalate"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7142110].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author milliondream
      Need to do off-page SEO for Boostable link

      I. Authority links
      - High quality back-link from high authority site, Wordpress, Blogger, xanga, weebly, EDU, etc..
      - Hand writing with quality content very powerful for drive traffic

      II. Social activity
      - Drive traffic from social network, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube

      III. Volume links
      - Drive volume links to buffer site (Tier-1, Tier-2). Wikis, Blog comments, Forum profiles
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7142779].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jfambrini
        Originally Posted by milliondream View Post

        Need to do off-page SEO for Boostable link

        I. Authority links
        - High quality back-link from high authority site, Wordpress, Blogger, xanga, weebly, EDU, etc..
        - Hand writing with quality content very powerful for drive traffic

        II. Social activity
        - Drive traffic from social network, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube

        III. Volume links
        - Drive volume links to buffer site (Tier-1, Tier-2). Wikis, Blog comments, Forum profiles
        Thanks for sharing. Very helpful.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7178325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MonitorScout
    I ordered a brand-like domain name (the EMD update shouldn't bother me) and a hosting service;
    Don't buy exact matching domain. For example if your website is about web designing, don't by a domain which contain both the words - Web and design. And even if you do you have to have quality and relevant back link which will increase your domain's trust rank.

    That's why I'd like to know what strategy I should follow. I'd like to know what anchors I should use and what type of links I should aim for (e.g. blog comments, guest posts, social stuff, (article) directories etc.).
    Please do the following off page work which could give you benefit in short time.

    1. Article Submission
    2. Guest Posting
    3. Sponsored blog posting to high quality website
    4. Work on Local listing
    5. Participate in various forums discussion
    6. Work on competitor analysis, make a list of all Good quality sites where your competitors have back link from.
    7. Participate in Question and Answering like Yahoo Answer and Wiki Answer
    8. Blog commenting - It is uncertain but still try high quality site to make the comment, if it will get approved, you will get benefited.
    8. Try Social media like Facebook, Twiitter and as many other as you can maintain.


    Signature
    Monitor Scout - Website & Server Monitoring
    50 different checks, SNMP monitoring and much more.
    https://www.monitorscout.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7142933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iPeter
    Thanks again, you're a very kind community.
    Another question just raised up in my head. If I work on link building everyday, how many links and of what quality should I build in a day?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7143726].message }}
    • There isn't a specific number of links that you should target. However, if you do everything manually, you won't get hundreds of links a day, which is good. It is better to obtain a few quality links every day than hundreds or thousands of backlinks from irrelevant sites or low quality sites. Create a link building strategy, try various techniques and see how it goes. Later you will be able to determine the average number of links you can build on a daily basis.
      Signature
      -> Get Profile Backlinks here
      -> #1 Virtual Assistant Service Hire Your Own Virtual Assistant To Work JUST For You
      -> Ezine Articles Service Let Us Build Your Article Portfolio Today!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7143870].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MonitorScout
    Once again I want to let all my SEO friend know that it is not about quantity it is about quality.

    Good Quality links are always help you as much as you can generate. But keep on thing in mind if you generate huge back links per day from low quality directory or by any other means that will only harm you instead doing any good.
    Signature
    Monitor Scout - Website & Server Monitoring
    50 different checks, SNMP monitoring and much more.
    https://www.monitorscout.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7177105].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mark07
    you can link building in many ways. You should directory submission, article posting in the free article directory site. press release,comment in the blog but make sure that site niche is the same as yours. You can also guest posting in the sites where accept guest post. If you want you also buy links from different sites but make sure that the sites have some page rank, good visitor and regular update content. When buy links then place links in the natural way give some words before and after your anchor. Then your link will be more powerful for search engine.
    Signature

    New look for future Auto paradise. | Do you want education help : please visit

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7177435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author STLSEO
    Use branded/naked URL anchor text.

    eg.- Click here to learn more!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7177823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ronnieavelino
    Originally Posted by iChristian View Post

    Hello, warriors! Apparently this is my first post here. I am a newbie at IM and the path I've chosen is the affiliate marketing.

    First I'll tell you what I've been doing for the last month. I'll use points, because it looks more organized.
    1. I ordered a brand-like domain name (the EMD update shouldn't bother me) and a hosting service;
    2. I made a keyword research and I found 20 keywords that are good and that can be topics of articles;
    3. I wrote 20 articles, 17 of which are currently online, the other 3 will be added soon. After that I'll write one or two articles every week;
    4. I registered in aWeber and I wrote useful 15-page ebook and email sequence that consists of 25 messages that are sent in a 60-day period. The messages have "95% information and 5% promotion" (I've read about these percentages somewhere).
    5. A week ago my site started being online.

    Now I'm beginning to populize my blog. My job for today is to do some social media marketing (I'm beginning in a moment). Tomorrow I'm starting with the link building. I wouldn't be worried if that Penguin update wasn't storming. That's why I'd like to know what strategy I should follow. I'd like to know what anchors I should use and what type of links I should aim for (e.g. blog comments, guest posts, social stuff, (article) directories etc.).
    Very good start Now for SEO, make sure you are using your keywords as an anchortext but make sure that you do variations on them. Also don't focus on your keywords, do also internal linking in your pages that is descriptive. Also good techniques will include Guest blogging, web 2.0 posting and forum postings. Make sure all the articles you are submitting are quality.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7178086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CourtTuttle
    Hey Christian, I recently did a case study where I got 13 links to a brand new site. I got 12 of them through guest posting and the other one came from YouTube, which means it's a nofollow link.

    I'm ranking #5 right now (53 days in) for my main keyword, which is a pretty difficult finance keyword, even though I only have one exact-match anchored link. The other anchors are:

    click here
    here
    mysitenamehere.com
    My Brand
    go here

    The whole key is to get the links from sites that are related to your topic. If you write the guest posts, you can write highly relevant information and use a highly relevant title in the post. That relevancy and authority will pass through the link, even if you don't use an exact-match anchor.

    In my opinion, you're going to want to ditch the article directories. I did a case study with them last month and it worked, but it wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. You can get many many times the value by guest posting.

    Posting in forums can also be really helpful if you have a site that people will want to follow. This is more true the more value you're able to give in the forums.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7178434].message }}
    • To concur with a few replies here, build those links, but quality over quantity! And quality means getting links from relevant sites to your niche, and also keyword variations on the anchor text used = Very important!

      Go Forth Young Samurai's!
      Signature

      Mark Stone
      President
      Samurai Marketing Club (SMC)
      info@samuraimarketingclub.com
      efsconsultingllc@gmail.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7181664].message }}

Trending Topics