First I'll tell you what I've been doing for the last month. I'll use points, because it looks more organized.
- I ordered a brand-like domain name (the EMD update shouldn't bother me) and a hosting service;
- I made a keyword research and I found 20 keywords that are good and that can be topics of articles;
- I wrote 20 articles, 17 of which are currently online, the other 3 will be added soon. After that I'll write one or two articles every week;
- I registered in aWeber and I wrote useful 15-page ebook and email sequence that consists of 25 messages that are sent in a 60-day period. The messages have "95% information and 5% promotion" (I've read about these percentages somewhere).
- A week ago my site started being online.
Now I'm beginning to populize my blog. My job for today is to do some social media marketing (I'm beginning in a moment). Tomorrow I'm starting with the link building. I wouldn't be worried if that Penguin update wasn't storming. That's why I'd like to know what strategy I should follow. I'd like to know what anchors I should use and what type of links I should aim for (e.g. blog comments, guest posts, social stuff, (article) directories etc.).