I own many websites.... I was hit by Penguin and it was my first algo hit I"ve ever had. But then Panda finally got me Early Oct of this year. But never before that. And now, I just had a tumblr site hit (by Panda v21 on the 5th) and I cannot figure out why.
I never want to be hit by Panda ever again!
And I need to know how to do it.
So far, this is what I think I need to do:
- Have navigation above the fold.
- Have very long content (600+ words?)
- Have content that talks about the same thing (ie, 3 "Dog food" Articles on a dog food site).
- Have pictures, videos, and other engaging content.
- Do not have many links / ads that lead off-site that are above fold.
- Do not have a call to action / link that leads off-site on every post
- Make sure to have content that isn't fully related, but is in the same theme. Otherwise the site looks too overoptimized. Maybe even BACKLINK to this content ?
Anyone else have any tips? These are just what I THINK i need to do. Please do not take this as proven advice.