google Panda or Panguin Update 2013

39 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey Guys,
Suddenly my website rank has been dropped .... i surprised is there any update in google panda or google panguin .....................

and if it is then please how i recover it
#2013 #google #panda #panguin #update
  • Profile picture of the author cisin
    Yes even I seen dropping of keywords and was searching to check if any update has come but I haven't found it yet.
    Signature
    LiveHelpIndia- Support and Sales with Smile!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7624662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author G0nzalez
    Banned
    Google does 500 algo changes per year, so i belive you where hit by an update, and its not panda or penguin. I got hit to, one of my sites dropped 3 positions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7624691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author weston2012
    Yes correct, it is not panda and penguin hit, its another google update which is not still announced from official Google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7624756].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dokemion
      Originally Posted by weston2012 View Post

      Yes correct, it is not panda and penguin hit, its another google update which is not still announced from official Google.
      It is a Panda 24 update...
      Signature

      Contact me for any SEO Services you need I'm glad to be of your service.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7647670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author flyingeagle
    i just saw some change in search result .. I use Google.Co.id but the result is Google.Com :blah: and Google seems gives more point for website with authorship (connected Google Profiles)

    sorry if my english is bad
    Signature
    Data Center Indonesia | Jasa Sablon Kaos | Batu Safir
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7624963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LogoDesignExpert
    This has to be a massive google update unconfirmed yet but has affected a majority of websites some of them had used white hat methods, don't know what was the reason
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7625073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    I think this update is great.

    I just made a squidoo lense and it's already on page one, i think the way I promoted it is favoured by this algo change.
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7625209].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author msalambd03
      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      I think this update is great.

      I just made a squidoo lense and it's already on page one, i think the way I promoted it is favoured by this algo change.
      I think so.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7653291].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Cash37
        I am calm now, but still banned for my main KW.

        What I'm seeing is that I'm being held from ranking for a relatively easy KW for no reason. Beyond my site there are only maybe 8 sites ranking on the first 4 pages. Yes... 40-50 results going to only 8 domains. It looks like a brand push.

        The funny thing is for a KW I do no SEO for other than the odd blog comment and linking with my name and not a KW I pushed past a bunch of competition to page 1. So from what Im looking at, relativity and low exact anchor density is being valued.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7657589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaytav
    Even a lot of my keywords have come down. Is anyone knowing whether any update is out? Lot of people have seen a drop in their ranking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7625531].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mkjohn
    Yes i found it was a panda update named panda 24 and has impact 1.2% of English based queries according to Google.

    Source:Google Panda Update Version #24; 1.2% Of Search Queries Impacted
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7641059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author challanger
    Originally Posted by upendraets View Post

    Hey Guys,
    Suddenly my website rank has been dropped .... i surprised is there any update in google panda or google panguin .....................

    and if it is then please how i recover it
    You should check this Post

    Google panda update 24
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7641070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tech84
    Signature

    Insert Sig here for ***** Moolahs ,,I,,

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7641174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pathannishat
    yes there is an update of Google, but Google still not declare any official update. I also noticed that there is dropped my website ranking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7641449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ecofriend
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7641457].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author challanger
      Originally Posted by ecofriend View Post

      Google Panda #24 On 21 st of Jan 2013 .




      As Question Asked on 19th so Fluctuation Reported before Panda #24 get announced . There are Many Resources where discussion started before this announcement regarding a big changes with search results .
      Basically Google announce update news after activating that specific update....

      it must be 1-3 days gap between changes and announcement..............
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7641482].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sumit1
      Banned
      Originally Posted by challanger View Post

      Basically Google announce update news after activating that specific update....
      it must be 1-3 days gap between changes and announcement..............
      But Announcement may be First . So is it Confirmed that Ranking Effected Due to Panda #24 ?
      As Question Asked on 19th so Fluctuation Reported before Panda #24 get announced .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7641870].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dotgirish
    yes there was an update .. details are yet to announce..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7641762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bhuvananichi
    My site has also been dropped
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7647345].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abraham26
    I am continuously working to improve user experience on site, but i cant get rid of Panda updates. They are running monthly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7647679].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrisv24
    anyone else still got the odd ranking dancing around?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7647707].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cash37
      This is complete bull. Once again they reward my lazy competitors. Im really tired of this bull****.

      Bounced COMPLETELY out of the serps for my main KW.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7647809].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jordanwarrior
        Originally Posted by Cash37 View Post

        This is complete bull. Once again they reward my lazy competitors. Im really tired of this bull****.

        Bounced COMPLETELY out of the serps for my main KW.
        I know how that feels. Seen plenty of sites rank that have no content. However, they are also branded, and as you should know already, brands have taken over the SERP's. I've been trying to recover for a long time, and about all I can tell you is to get into another niche as fast as possible, or start spending on PPC, just like FOOGLE wants you to.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7648830].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Cash37
          Originally Posted by jordanwarrior View Post

          I know how that feels. Seen plenty of sites rank that have no content. However, they are also branded, and as you should know already, brands have taken over the SERP's. I've been trying to recover for a long time, and about all I can tell you is to get into another niche as fast as possible, or start spending on PPC, just like FOOGLE wants you to.
          I will NOT change niches. Google will rank my site where they are supposed to. Too much is at stake.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7648885].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jordanwarrior
            Originally Posted by Cash37 View Post

            I will NOT change niches. Google will rank my site where they are supposed to. Too much is at stake.
            I've been thinking that too, but am working on something else in the meantime. One piece of advice, and I'm only saying this because I've been there done that. Whatever you do, do not spend too long hoping. If you can't do it within a reasonable time frame, either get a JV partner or bail. Not trying to lecture you or anything. I'm just all together too familiar with how quickly time can add up and how miserable one can get. Either way, I hope you succeed.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7648960].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Cash37
              Originally Posted by jordanwarrior View Post

              I've been thinking that too, but am working on something else in the meantime. One piece of advice, and I'm only saying this because I've been there done that. Whatever you do, do not spend too long hoping. If you can't do it within a reasonable time frame, either get a JV partner or bail. Not trying to lecture you or anything. I'm just all together too familiar with how quickly time can add up and how miserable one can get. Either way, I hope you succeed.
              Im still ranking for all my other terms, just dropped for this one. I'm thinking of making some varied anchor text around that KW as that is the only thing that could have dropped me... It really sucks too because I was planning for the future based off the success I had and now overnight Google just takes it all away
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7649118].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author paulgl
                Originally Posted by Cash37 View Post

                It really sucks too because I was planning for the future based off the success I had and now overnight Google just takes it all away
                Then you never had a real business, but a house of cards. What did you
                expect?

                I see tons of advertisers on TV, magazines, hear them on the radio, see
                them in newspapers, even see ads online....and I think to myself,
                Is the rest of the world that stupid? Imagine, actually paying to
                advertise their business. Silly me. Haven't they heard of google?

                If you people have a real business, then treat it as such. Not
                a gamble on google. Completely ludicrous.

                Gambling on google is a pastime, not business.

                Paul
                Signature

                If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7649185].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author jordanwarrior
                  Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

                  Then you never had a real business, but a house of cards. What did you
                  expect?

                  I see tons of advertisers on TV, magazines, hear them on the radio, see
                  them in newspapers, even see ads online....and I think to myself,
                  Is the rest of the world that stupid? Imagine, actually paying to
                  advertise their business. Silly me. Haven't they heard of google?

                  If you people have a real business, then treat it as such. Not
                  a gamble on google. Completely ludicrous.

                  Gambling on google is a pastime, not business.

                  Paul
                  Right on the friggin money in a way. Of course it's not quite that simple, but gambling on FOOGLE is definitely a bad idea long term.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7649473].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Slin
                    Originally Posted by jordanwarrior View Post

                    Right on the friggin money in a way. Of course it's not quite that simple, but gambling on FOOGLE is definitely a bad idea long term.
                    The good old saying that I see on here a lot applies: 'don't put all of your eggs in the same basket'

                    You should be doing it all, SEO, PPC, Social Media, all of it.

                    Now, with the google updates, from what I have experienced, the best thing you can do is get high quality links, and build them slowly to your site. Within a month or two you should be back at top.

                    Key is to never panic, don't get involved emotionally, keep a level head and you'll be fine.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7650113].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author yukon
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Cash37 View Post

            I will NOT change niches. Google will rank my site where they are supposed to. Too much is at stake.

            SEO will probably get your page ranked faster than demands.
            Signature
            Hi
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7649240].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Cash37
              Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

              Then you never had a real business, but a house of cards. What did you
              expect?

              I see tons of advertisers on TV, magazines, hear them on the radio, see
              them in newspapers, even see ads online....and I think to myself,
              Is the rest of the world that stupid? Imagine, actually paying to
              advertise their business. Silly me. Haven't they heard of google?

              If you people have a real business, then treat it as such. Not
              a gamble on google. Completely ludicrous.

              Gambling on google is a pastime, not business.

              Paul
              :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Tons of businesses rely on search traffic. I run a media company, you cannot just blow up and ad budget on Bing/Adwords and make it work. It almost has to be organic. But then again I wouldn't expect you to know that based on your dumb response (with all due respect.)

              Why would I open an ad budget to get people to come to a news blog? LA Times doesn't buy ads..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

              Originally Posted by yukon View Post

              SEO will probably get your page ranked faster than demands.
              So you missed the part where I said I was ranked for all my other terms but completely unranked for just one?

              I'm just going to let things rest. Hopefully by Monday I'll be back if not then I'll look at my options going forward.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7649371].message }}
              • Originally Posted by Cash37 View Post

                :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Tons of businesses rely on search traffic. I run a media company, you cannot just blow up and ad budget on Bing/Adwords and make it work. It almost has to be organic. But then again I wouldn't expect you to know that based on your dumb response (with all due respect.)

                Why would I open an ad budget to get people to come to a news blog? LA Times doesn't buy ads..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:



                So you missed the part where I said I was ranked for all my other terms but completely unranked for just one?

                I'm just going to let things rest. Hopefully by Monday I'll be back if not then I'll look at my options going forward.
                I agree Cash, many businesses rely on organic search. Pay per click is extremely expensive in the insurance industry (and other industries) so brick and mortar companies do invest in organic search. We just need to take measured steps to figure out now what Google does not like, make adjustments, test, and observe the results.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7651536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dead Body
    I think Blog Commenting HIT By This Update. All of The Users who are creating blog comment got hit by this update..
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7649028].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author softysmith
    Google panda update on 22 January And its affect on 1.2 English queries I this your site down for this reaseon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7650760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author himanuzo
    You are too late, newest update is Dinosaur's update.

    However, the new update is running together previous updates - Panda & Penguin.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7652888].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author superjohn5566
    I believe that there is more to it than just a Panda Update. It seems strange that a couple of EMD are being pushed to top rankings even if they have spammy content. It might be a EMD tweak as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7653031].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JensonChong
    According to this update, it requires that you should maintain flow, your site should be active in the same ratio as it was before, if you stopped working for few days, it would not help.
    Signature

    Learning is the slowest form of earning! The only way to build an avalanche of cashflow to your bank account is to "Copy & Paste" a proven system. See how this system works. ==> http://www.fastinboxcash.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7657804].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Prowebstakht
    Its just sad when these things happen. I think google is changing its algo almost each day now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7657967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author flyingeagle
    agree with most of you all here .. but i found an interest think with this update ... that is Twitter search result for hastag idexed :d
    Signature
    Data Center Indonesia | Jasa Sablon Kaos | Batu Safir
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7736038].message }}

Trending Topics