Multiple links on the page for more link juice?

by sarged2 15 replies
Google counts only the first link,
so if you post the link with exactly the same url,
it would count only once.

But how about if we point to the same page through a 301 redirect?
For example link 1 destination: mysite.com/
Then the link 2 destination: mysite.com/index.php [301 to the same page]

I have read that this technique has allowed to rank it for different anchor texts, but would it actually pass it more rank or more value if we use the same anchor twice? or the keyword anchor + plain url.

Please help.
#search engine optimization #juice #link #links #multiple #page
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author satrap
    Why would you want to do that do? I mean, a 301 where it clearly isn't needed!...

    Even if you did that, the effects are not going to be that much (assuming if there is nay "extra" juice, which I highly doubt there is).
    Signature
    60 Awesome Ways to Make Money Without a Job
    .................................
    Check out my blog Survey Satrap featuring honest reviews of paid survey sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7853425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dadamson
    Permanent 301 redirects redirect traffic, backlinks, and bots. The above scenario would NOT work.

    You are better off looking for quality in the links you get rather than volume.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7853599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ProSence
    Redirection gives you traffic only, they won't give you much seo value..
    Signature

    three great FREE tools - www.sitebeak.com, www.GAtective.com and www.impersonal.me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7853886].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sarged2
    You'll ain't getting the point. Suppose you have multiple link placements on some websites. Eg you can place your link 3 times. (It doesn't even matter why - maybe I got a script to place 3 links.) If I place them all as exactly same destination url, they will count only once. Thus it might be great idea to place different destination, which in the end 301 to the original page. Do you get the whole idea now?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7857968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LloydMS
    Originally Posted by sarged2 View Post

    Google counts only the first link
    I don't think that's true.

    Originally Posted by sarged2 View Post

    I have read that this technique has allowed to rank it for different anchor texts, but would it actually pass it more rank or more value if we use the same anchor twice? or the keyword anchor + plain url.

    Please help.
    I can't see any benefit in doing a 301 redirect for backlinking purposes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7858004].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sarged2
      Originally Posted by LloydMS View Post

      I don't think that's true.
      How come? I saw a guy testing this and there was a definitive conclusion. Now you come and say that you don't think it's true - I'd love to see some explanation then.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7858090].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jinx1221
        Originally Posted by sarged2 View Post

        Google counts only the first link
        Originally Posted by sarged2 View Post

        I saw a guy testing this and there was a definitive conclusion.
        What??!?! :p I'd like to see your definitive proof!! You mean, all this time, blog commenting was doing absolutely NOTHING because only the first link on the page counted?!!?? Or backlinks via guest posts were garbage because it wasn't the first link, and no other links on the whole page even count?

        Whoa, mind=blown!!!

        Signature

        The Ultimate Private Network Management,
        Visualization and Automation Tool




        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7860911].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author m100
    Sounds similar to fox chasing her tail . Google is smart enough to devaluate this type of tricks, so I suggest don’t put hope on it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7860204].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sarged2
      Originally Posted by m100 View Post

      Sounds similar to fox chasing her tail . Google is smart enough to devaluate this type of tricks, so I suggest don’t put hope on it.
      Well, I did so already. I had a subpage with a link from top menu, that was overranking my homepage. That page was also useless for the traffic. I linked to the homepage instead and now it ranked higher than the subpage. But that's about it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7860237].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrMonetize
    This is load of nonsense as far as I'm aware. The PR of a page is split between the internal and external links on a page. As an example, we have a page. The PR of the page is sent out through the one external link on our page, using what ever algorithm they use. If you then add a second link, the PR is distributed equally between the two links, effectively halving the link juice each links receives. So adding two links pointing to the same page isn't going to boost anything, it should remain the same albeit split over two links rather than one. This is the reason that SEOs look for pages with low OBLs, because the more links the page has, the weaker the link juice that page will be able to give to each external link.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7863509].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author danparks
      Originally Posted by MrMonetize View Post

      This is load of nonsense as far as I'm aware. The PR of a page is split between the internal and external links on a page. As an example, we have a page. The PR of the page is sent out through the one external link on our page, using what ever algorithm they use. If you then add a second link, the PR is distributed equally between the two links, effectively halving the link juice each links receives. So adding two links pointing to the same page isn't going to boost anything, it should remain the same albeit split over two links rather than one. This is the reason that SEOs look for pages with low OBLs, because the more links the page has, the weaker the link juice that page will be able to give to each external link.
      ^
      |
      |
      What he said...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7867961].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wisdomoto
    yea this thread made me lol
    Signature

    I just emailed google for a link from their homepage... waiting to hear back

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7865826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ProSence
    It is not good technique using redirection for link building, won't help..

    Try to make it simple..
    Signature

    three great FREE tools - www.sitebeak.com, www.GAtective.com and www.impersonal.me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7865915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rickhodge
    Google always love fresh original content.

    That will never change. Don't try to trick them.

    They will always win.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7867549].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics