AdSense HELP - Big $$ in jeopardy

by fybpm 27 replies
I have had an approved AdSense account for somewhere in the 2-3 year range, I don't remember it being hard to get at all. Originally signed up to monetize YouTube, now it's a general account for hosted and non-hosted publishing.

I made like $1000 over a year with YouTube just from organic traffic, then I started a gallery style website about 4 weeks ago and use my massive Twitter following to send traffic.

Long story short: originally started getting $8-12 RPM sending 200-400k page views a day.

Now I'm up to 600-900k page views a day, ~2.5% CTR and I'm in the range of $4-5 RPM.

For 7 days in March I made $28k which is supposed to be paid out by the end of this month, which is like 2 weeks? Then I'll get a feel for how my luck is going to be...

This month I am on pace to make over $100k for April and I'm just concerned they'll find SOME REASON to not pay me. What should I know?

1. I've added a TOS, privacy policy, and copyright section to my page
2. I am having my developer add navigation bar & categorical menus
3. Right now it's just images and gallery style headlines

The site is strong on content and it gets really good engagement, average time on site is about 40 seconds and my average page views per visitor is like 4.8, with a bounce rate of 50%.

Not sure what it really will come down to, but with all the horror stories I hear I'm mortified at the chance of running over $100k this month and never seeing the money.

Anything I should REALLY be aware of and do which would prevent me from being an easy target?
#search engine optimization #adsense #big #jeopardy
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Wes888
    If it is legit traffic, I think you should not worry of not getting paid.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7967698].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author supereek
    humm.. 100K is a serious amount there. i don't know to be honest, adsense bans easy without any reason or with a retarded reason. i had a real estate site with adsense, i pulled traffic to it from a major classified ads site by placing ads in the real estate section. i made easy 900euros for 1 month.
    all traffic were real people looking for houses, and because adsense showed City related ads judged by the people's IP (i think) i had massive amount of clicks on them.
    anyways, when it came to payment, they banned my account and told me as reason that they suspect me of clicking my own ads (which i NEVER did). case closed
    Signature

    Get my fiverr abritage tutorial for free HERE.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7967714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kary yucef
    If your traffic is legal then you don't need to be affraid
    If not you may concider to revise where the traffic is coming from
    Signature
    "If you think education is expensive - consider the cost of ignorance."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7967843].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fybpm
      Originally Posted by Wes888 View Post

      If it is legit traffic, I think you should not worry of not getting paid.
      Originally Posted by yuuzokun View Post

      If your traffic is legal then you don't need to be affraid
      If not you may concider to revise where the traffic is coming from
      The traffic is all from Twitter, I have several million followers that I'm using to generate targeted niche traffic. (Fitness & entertainment mostly)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7967859].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tomas Lodén
        Can you please share some quick tips on how to get several million followers on twitter?

        Thank's

        Originally Posted by fybpm View Post

        The traffic is all from Twitter, I have several million followers that I'm using to generate targeted niche traffic. (Fitness & entertainment mostly)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7969967].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author PanditaC
          Originally Posted by Tomas Lodén View Post

          Can you please share some quick tips on how to get several million followers on twitter?

          Thank's
          I would imagine he's using some service like twiends.com, you can literally get thousands of followers in days. Not sure how what the danger of getting banned is though.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7970187].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author fybpm
            Originally Posted by Tomas Lodén View Post

            Can you please share some quick tips on how to get several million followers on twitter?

            Thank's
            Originally Posted by PanditaC View Post

            I would imagine he's using some service like twiends.com, you can literally get thousands of followers in days. Not sure how what the danger of getting banned is though.
            This is all organic following; I deal with niche topics like fitness, health, beauty, love & relationships, mom blogging etc. I don't follow people back and I don't use any software or automation.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7970416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jimkirk1943
    Isn`t it just crazy the more successful you are the more you have to lose and the more uncomfortable you feel, I was the same afew months ago when i started hitting $200 adsense days yeah i was happy but i started a mass panic and paid coders to make little lines under the header so the Adsense blocks wouldnt be in anyway misleading or what ever.

    But lucky for me we had a little google update about 3 months ago and my ranking dropped slightly i didnt bomb in anyway but that little drop put my adsense to around $80 a day and i could relax again sod those big adsense pay days waaaaay too much stress lol

    Its crazy ! And it took those $200 adsense days to fnally get my arse in gear and get into list building and i`ll tell ya i`m loving it !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7968553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hansons
    The solution is don't accumulate your money in Adsense account, try to get it as soon as possible.

    On the other hand, be more careful to follow Adsense guidelines, it would help of course!
    Signature

    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7968715].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author msritter
      I agree that you should not be just counting on AdSense money. Always go in to other markets with different income streams so that if something does happen with your AdSense account, you won't lose all of your income.

      When AdSense pays you out for the month, I highly recommend using some of those earnings and building a targeted subscriber list. That list you will own, and Google will never be able to take it away from you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7968926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wlasikiewicz
    As long as your content is good and unique and your not breaking t&s of Adsense then your golden.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7968932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dcary13
    Don't believe the bullshit about site quality, in your case its not that important because your traffic is not organic.

    Its all about the quality of your traffic.

    The best and safest traffic is organic - means search engines.

    the worst is "forced" traffic.

    As you stated, you send massive traffic trough Twitter - which can be a problem.

    I think you know it already, or?

    The real important question is - *how* interested are your twitter guys in the ADS THEY CLICK.

    And not in the site itself.

    If you have a kind of fun stuff gallery site and the poeple come to your site to see funny pics but your site theme is done in a way luring the people to click on ads... Then you are in deep trouble, because the people will leave lightning fast the advertisers landing sites rising a deep warning sign at their conversion tracking.

    If that is the case then it will lead quick to a ban.

    If the twitter people click your ads more active because they see there something interesting, then you are on the safe side because the leads/conversions of the advertisers will satisfy them.

    If i would you, i would say to me this: 100k is great, but 25-50k on the long & safe run is better.
    So, why not setup the site ads in a way people have to be high interested in the ads they click?
    In fact, make it harder to click the ads because their spots are not that luring will drop your CTR but it will give you a safe and, when you already have that many twitter followers, a constant & easy income, out numbering the quick maximum income at some point.

    Use the time & money to build up more sites and portals around your money mashine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7968937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    I see your account being closed as a more likely outcome than you getting paid.

    They are going to flag it for review and shut it down IMHO.
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7969121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulgl
    Anyone who makes 100K a month with adsense, would not
    be here asking advice.

    If your shtuff was as great as you say it is, then what are
    you doing here? You got it man, you got it!

    Or not.

    Paul
    Signature

    If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7969320].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dennis09
      Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

      Anyone who makes 100K a month with adsense, would not
      be here asking advice.

      If your shtuff was as great as you say it is, then what are
      you doing here? You got it man, you got it!

      Or not.

      Paul
      Sounds like somebody's catfishing
      Signature
      There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7969375].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ilee
    I'm waiting for a cheeky little link job in the not so different future promoting an ebook or something. If you need suggestions, maybe;

    "$100,000 a month from adsense, how I went from rags to riches"

    Maybe selling at $12 a pop
    Signature
    --~***~--


    --~***~--
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7969343].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jxam69
    Usually when someone is making that much from Adsense, they get called by an Adsense rep who works with them and brings them into one of their partner programs.

    fybpm - if what you're saying is legit, and they haven't contacted you yet, then you should reach out to them now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7969862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Backlinko
    When I saw this thread title I thought "Big $$" meant $78.

    100k a month?

    You a ballah.

    They'll probably take a peek at your account now that you've banked that much...but they'll pay as long as you're legit.
    Signature
    Find Awesome Keywords...Without ANY Tools
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7969884].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fybpm
    I'm hoping the case is that I'll be reviewed and contacted in a POSITIVE manner... but then there's parts of me that also says "SOMEHOW I'M UNDER THE RADAR POSSIBLY AND I DON'T WANT TO DRAW ATTENTION TO MYSELF" so I guess I can just ride it out and see how it goes.

    Again, I have $28k coming within 2 weeks (hopefully) and although it's not 100k, it's still a large sum of money. If this clears then I can only cross my fingers for next month's check which is at ~54k now and doing 3500-3800 daily.

    Wish me luck, I'll keep everyone posted!

    ALSO: if for whatever reason I do get banned or reviewed with negative outcome, is it possible to have them request certain changes to my site so I can start up again with them? I'm willing to work with them on anything it needs to be compliant because it's real targeted traffic (beauty for beauty pages, fitness for fitness pages and so fourth) so it wouldnt be a bad thing for them to work with me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7970421].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
      Originally Posted by fybpm View Post

      I'm hoping the case is that I'll be reviewed and contacted in a POSITIVE manner... but then there's parts of me that also says "SOMEHOW I'M UNDER THE RADAR POSSIBLY AND I DON'T WANT TO DRAW ATTENTION TO MYSELF" so I guess I can just ride it out and see how it goes.

      Again, I have $28k coming within 2 weeks (hopefully) and although it's not 100k, it's still a large sum of money. If this clears then I can only cross my fingers for next month's check which is at ~54k now and doing 3500-3800 daily.

      Wish me luck, I'll keep everyone posted!

      ALSO: if for whatever reason I do get banned or reviewed with negative outcome, is it possible to have them request certain changes to my site so I can start up again with them? I'm willing to work with them on anything it needs to be compliant because it's real targeted traffic (beauty for beauty pages, fitness for fitness pages and so fourth) so it wouldnt be a bad thing for them to work with me.
      Google works like this: they kill you off and you get no appeal.
      Signature
      Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8011462].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
      Originally Posted by fybpm View Post

      ALSO: if for whatever reason I do get banned or reviewed with negative outcome, is it possible to have them request certain changes to my site so I can start up again with them? I'm willing to work with them on anything it needs to be compliant because it's real targeted traffic (beauty for beauty pages, fitness for fitness pages and so fourth) so it wouldnt be a bad thing for them to work with me.
      No. The expect you to be (and rightfully so) compliant BEFORE starting, not AFTER getting caught doing something shady.

      With that kind of money at stake, it would be VERY BAD for them to work with you again if they deem your traffic/methods to be shady.

      If everything you are doing is legit, I wouldn't worry too much.
      Signature
      Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
      CLICK HERE FOR INFO
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8011580].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author deewaker72
        My adsense give me very less amount less than 20$ . Can anyone please help me or give me any suggestion.

        Thanks in advance
        Signature
        http://www.uniquerishta.com/
        -----------------------------
        Entertainment , Funny Images , Funny Quotes , Jokes , One Liner etc.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8014349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dstantdog
    Any updates on this? Good luck to ya
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8010858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nik0
    Banned
    A ban is very realistic as you're driving spam traffic from Twitter to your site from 1000's of accounts using some software like TrafficBuster. No matter how good your tweets are, Google will not like this as social traffic is known to convert bad for paid advertisers. I just read you don't do that but I don't believe it.

    Anyway, wish you the best of luck. There are services to bring your CTR down like paid traffic, perhaps that helps or perhaps that makes it even worse, who will tell. Personally I think it's a bad idea to use traffic generation in combination with Adsense.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8014847].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Stephen Crooks
      So long as you are following the TOS (which you indicate that you are) then it is all about the quality of those Twitter followers.

      If the advertizers are getting a good return from those clicks then your account will be fine. Forget about flying under the radar.. At those levels you will be tripping everything! However, like I say, you will be fine so long as the clicks lead to a good experience for the advertizers i.e. profitable ads

      In the meantime, it is pointless panicking over something that hasn't happened but as always prepare for the worst and look at alternative monetization methods that you could drop in if the worst case scenario came true.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8014977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wes888
    Any updates? Have you been paid for your March earnings??
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8015662].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics