This basically gives you the copy rights to that content and if someone else grabs your content and publishes it on their site, your content is not considered duplicate because Google knows that you published that content first.
Whenever people read your content and click on the G+ button they create very powerful social backlinks to your web pages and also share your content across G+ network. Social backlinks are the new backlinks created by real people and it's just easier for Google to validate their authenticity.
In order for people to G+ your content they need to have a G+ account which enables Google to recognize them as real persons. As a result you will be seen as an authority in your niche, your website pages will rise in the search engines and you'll get more traffic.
Not all the +1's are equal because there is one thing to receive a +1 from someone who's not an expert in your field and there is another thing to receive a +1 from someone who is recognized by Google as an authority in your niche. The +1 received from an expert carries way more social back-linking weight than the +1 received from a regular person.
Google will rise your authorship status based on the content you publish and the +1s you get which is directly influencing your SERPs results. Your authorship status will influence as well your YouTube video rankings.
If you go inside your Google Webmasters Tools page, on the left hand side, under the 'Lab' tab you can click on the 'Author stats' to see all the information of every single page that you publish, how many people gave you +1s, how many views and click-throughs your pages got. Google is tracking all these metrics to establish your authorship status.
Here's an actionable step by step plan to get your G+ marketing going:
1) Create a G+ profile where you add your pictures, posts, etc.
2) Add Google autorship to all your sites.
3) Add +1 buttons to your sites.
4) Start building your G+ circles.
5) Post great content.
The magic of G+ circles
- Google Circles allow you to segment everyone you have added into different circles or groups.
- You can share specific content to specific circles
- You can build targeted lists and share targeted content with your newly built lists (this is very similar to an email list, but better).
Google + has the power to easily get your sites to out rank top authority sites in the top of the search engines. It can help local businesses websites, CPA websites, affiliate marketer's websites to rank on top of the search engines and drive more traffic.
Did you know that Google customizes your search results based on WHO is in YOUR circles?
With a few simple actions you can instantly climb to the top of the search engines without having to use any complicated SEO methods. Just Give Google What Google Wants!
Would you like to know how to build hyper targeted lists minus any fees, no domain name fees, no hosting fees, no autoresponder fees AND without any technical knowledge? The answer is build hyper targeted lists with Google Plus:
- Uncover a brand new way to get people to 'opt-in' to you on G+!
- This is going to be laser-focused to your best followers.
- They will get G+ and email notification with 100% deliverability to their inbox of every post you make!
Here are the steps to build hyper targeted lists with Google Plus:
1. Create a brand new G+ page on the topic you are the expert on. Keep the page focused on this specific topic. G+ pages are different than G+ profiles. Once you create your G+ profile you can create multiple G+ pages on various topics.
The possibilities for creating different types of pages are endless. All you have to do is use you best judgment to create them according to your talents. You don't need to create a separate G+ account for each new page you create. Google understands that people have multiple interests bin various niches and it's perfectly normal to have pages on various topics.
2. Post great content on your topic and encourage people to follow the page. To do that, first you need to follow other people with similar interests to your target by doing a search in Google+.
3. Prove yourself as an authority to your followers by educating them on G+ subscriptions. Tell them to create a new circle called 'My Subscriptions' then ask them to add your page on their recently created circle. This circle will become the hub of all their subscriptions.
4. Instruct them to select the new created circle from the tabs at the top of their G+ home page. They can select the new circle from the 'More' tab.
Once they voluntarily subscribed, they'll get email notifications with 100% deliverability, G+ red box notifications and your content is going to appear in their home page stream every time you place a new post on your page.
Now you know how to:
- Build a hyper targeted G+ subscription based following
- Demonstrate your G+ knowledge and build your authority with your subscribers.
- Get your message in front of them in 3 different ways, guaranteed.
How to get your picture in the search engines
By using Google Autorship , Your image will appear in the SERPs next to your content. Statistics show that this draws attention to your site no matter where your site is in the SERPs and increases your traffic by 20-30%. Also having your picture next to your content instantly builds credibility and authority and builds your Google Author stats.
In order to accomplish this, first you must create a G+ profile with a good profile head shot. There are 3 ways to add autorship to your site.
1. You need to have your email address on the same domain as your content.
- You need to add 'by Your Name' to every piece of content that you publish.
- Submit the email address to the Google authorship page: http://plus.google.com/authorship
This is not the best way to add authorship to your site because it's not hard coded.
2. Link content to your G+ profile. Put a link into the coding of your website to link directly to your G+ profile.
- Create this link: "<a href="[profile_url]?rel=author">Google</a>"
From the link above you need to replace 'profile_url' with your own profile url and get rid of the brackets too. Also you need to replace the 'Google' anchor text with your name or whatever you want.
Once you create your own link you need to copy and paste the link in the footer of your website or inside your website content.
Once you done that you just need to add a reciprocal link in your profile in the 'Contributor to' section. To do that go inside the 'About' section in your G+ profile and click 'Edit' in the 'Links' section and finally click on the 'Add a custom link' in the 'Contributor to' section and add the url and the name of your website.
3. Place a special link in the <head> </head> section of your website. This is the most effective way because on most new websites once you place this link in the head section, the link will automatically appear on all the pages across your website.
You need to add this special link: <link rel="author" href="[profile_url]"/>
Whatever method you use, you should test it to make sure it's working. You can test your authorship here: Google Structured Data Testing Tool
You simply enter your URL in the suggested URL box and click 'Preview' and as a result you'll get a little preview of what your authorship is going to look like. If everything is set up properly, it will show you that your authorship is verified and you're all set.
Just because you're verified, it does not mean that your picture will show up instantly next to your content in the search engines. It takes about two to three weeks for Google to make the necessary changes.
It is important to know that Google Plus has changed Search and SEO. I've learned all this valuable information after watching a webinar replay hosted by two Google+ experts, Harold Roscoe and Joe Stone. I hope you enjoyed it! Please share your thoughts below.