Who can help us to get rid of Penguin?

by chiggy
26 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Sorry if I've chosen the wrong forum but I hoped someone could help us. Our site is a B2B internet marketplace for sale of commercial vehicles from Europe. We are in business since 2003. We are multilingual, 18 language versions, separate domain for each language.

It' been a long time since almost all pages of SOME of these domains have disappeared from SERP. This happened in April or May 2012 when Penguin was first launched. We've been written reconsideration letters, put off some links, much improved content but nothing helped. We really need some of those versions back. We understand that this is a serious filter and wonder if we could find someone on this forum who could help us. We would hire a person to study our case and suggest (make) filter recovery actions.


I hope there is a magic specialist on this forum who will see this message and get interested
#penguin #rid
  • Profile picture of the author seekdefo
    Re consideration requests alone would not help you get back on Google. You need to see your link profile and anchor texts and see if there is any over optimization. Sent you a pm
    Signature

    Brevity is the soul of wit

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8290616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Victor Edson
    Have you tried changing your url? A new site = a new chance to do it right.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8291105].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chiggy
      We made a redirection long ago. It didn't help
      Originally Posted by Victor Edson View Post

      Have you tried changing your url? A new site = a new chance to do it right.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294394].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
    Originally Posted by chiggy View Post

    Sorry if I've chosen the wrong forum but I hoped someone could help us. Our site is a B2B internet marketplace for sale of commercial vehicles from Europe. We are in business since 2003. We are multilingual, 18 language versions, separate domain for each language.

    It' been a long time since almost all pages of SOME of these domains have disappeared from SERP. This happened in April or May 2012 when Penguin was first launched. We've been written reconsideration letters, put off some links, much improved content but nothing helped. We really need some of those versions back. We understand that this is a serious filter and wonder if we could find someone on this forum who could help us. We would hire a person to study our case and suggest (make) filter recovery actions.


    I hope there is a magic specialist on this forum who will see this message and get interested
    We could Hire a bunch or Sea Lions ?



    They Eat Penguins for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8291167].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author burton4550
      Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

      We could Hire a bunch or Sea Lions ?



      They Eat Penguins for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
      Lol.... Well played sir
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8297112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Originally Posted by chiggy View Post

    We've been written reconsideration letters, put off some links, much improved content but nothing helped. We really need some of those versions back.
    Did you ever get a notice from Google of being penalized? I did a quick look at your backlinks and not really impressive - lots of them but none particularly good (again just quick look).
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8291262].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Here you go.

      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8291330].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        Here you go.

        I've changed my Sig
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8291354].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chiggy
      we didn't get any notice, just standard reply to our reconsideration letter ( No manual spam actions found)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smodha
    Signature
    I Sell What People Want. The Money Is A Bonus..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brian Lett
    It appears that your advertisement to content ratio may be too high. Unfortunately, there may be too many advertisements above the fold with not enough content.

    As sad as this is, Google will penalize your website for such things.

    Hopefully this information will help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294754].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dcary13
    Sorry, but when you are a serious B2B company, what in hell you are doing then here??

    Go and get yourself a real SEO company.

    If dealing with the internet really means you are ending here then your problems are much deeper as some rankings.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294787].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Enuke
    Dear first check your all back links and use webmaster tools ,It also showing the bad links.Did you not get any message from web master tool then how to came to know that you have been panalized by penguin.If your site have been affected then by the help of webmaster tool delete your back links which are not good. disavaw tool help you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294796].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chiggy
      Originally Posted by Enuke View Post

      Dear first check your all back links and use webmaster tools ,It also showing the bad links.Did you not get any message from web master tool then how to came to know that you have been panalized by penguin.If your site have been affected then by the help of webmaster tool delete your back links which are not good. disavaw tool help you
      We didn't get any message from web master about suspected links, we concluded this was penguin because we got out of serp just after penguin was launched

      Thank you!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8295310].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
        Originally Posted by chiggy View Post

        We didn't get any message from web master about suspected links, we concluded this was penguin because we got out of serp just after penguin was launched

        Thank you!
        Penguin Launch Commencing!!!!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8295891].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

          Penguin Launch Commencing!!!!


          Recoil
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8340454].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author linkassistant
        Originally Posted by chiggy View Post

        we concluded this was penguin because we got out of serp just after penguin was launched
        Sounds like Penguin then. Truth is, some websites never come out of Penguin.
        It's either because they have too many links to clean up in such a way that Google is satisfied with it, or they don't have any valuable links to back up their rankings, or both.

        So, you could be better off creating new domains for those of your sites that got affected.
        Signature
        SEO PowerSuite - the most trusted SEO software on the market!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8298734].message }}
  • You need to re-evaluate everything starting from your website pages. You need to get yourself updated of the latest changes in G too so you know what things to change. Also, you need to clean your links, remove the spam links and replace them with good, high PR, and related backlinks. This will really take a while so I suggest while you are doing this, you need to think of ways on how you can get direct traffic. You can start by promoting your site to social media like Twitter and Facebook. Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8294895].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DizenSounds
    Gotta get those overoptimized links cleaned up, its the only way.

    I use a link removal service to help my clients clean up their bad link profiles, Ive been using them for about a year now with great success. Its acutally a nice upsell to clients affected by penguin or unnatural link warnings because I dont do anything.

    But start with removing those bad backlinks first. Dont just disavow that wont do a thing for an algorithmic penalty and no reconsideration request filing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8296993].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Toby A
      Originally Posted by DizenSounds View Post

      Gotta get those overoptimized links cleaned up, its the only way.

      I use a link removal service to help my clients clean up their bad link profiles, Ive been using them for about a year now with great success. Its acutally a nice upsell to clients affected by penguin or unnatural link warnings because I dont do anything.

      But start with removing those bad backlinks first. Dont just disavow that wont do a thing for an algorithmic penalty and no reconsideration request filing.
      Hi Dizen (& Other Warriors), please excuse my ignorance on this... but I never really understood the concept of the "link removal service".

      Surely, the only way to remove a link, is to contact the source, and ask if it could be removed? .. After all, the backlinks are located throughout the vast nebula of the internet.

      When you talk about a "removal service", is this essentially a service where you outsource to the Philippines, giving them a list of all your bad backlinks, and they remove as many as they can?

      ... I had a few sites which got hammered on the 24th Apr 2012, and they never recovered. Also, I never received any warnings inside my GoogleWMTools.

      ... One of my sites was hosted with SBI (Site Build It / sitesell.com). At the time, the SBIers were going round the twist in the SBI forum - crying out for assistance. There was a lot of head-scratching, and then Ken Evoy (SBI main guru) suggested that a new SBI tool could be made to help their customers tackle bad links. I think it was going to be called "Link Blast It!" or something, and I never knew how that panned out, as my subscription has since expired.

      Thanks for reading
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8299810].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KevinRB
        Originally Posted by Toby A View Post

        ... One of my sites was hosted with SBI (Site Build It / sitesell.com). At the time, the SBIers were going round the twist in the SBI forum - crying out for assistance. There was a lot of head-scratching, and then Ken Evoy (SBI main guru) suggested that a new SBI tool could be made to help their customers tackle bad links. I think it was going to be called "Link Blast It!" or something, and I never knew how that panned out, as my subscription has since expired.
        MANY SBI sites suffered very bad hits with Penguin although Ken Evoy only claimed 8% of sites were affected, many within the forums eventually worked out that this figure was wrong!.

        The other interesting point is that there were NEVER any proven Penguin recoveries reported in the forums.

        In terms of the "Link Blast It!" it as usual never materialized.....instead Ken suggested people use the Google disavow tool.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8305937].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Toby A
          Originally Posted by KevinRB View Post

          MANY SBI sites suffered very bad hits with Penguin although Ken Evoy only claimed 8% of sites were affected, many within the forums eventually worked out that this figure was wrong!.

          The other interesting point is that there were NEVER any proven Penguin recoveries reported in the forums.

          In terms of the "Link Blast It!" it as usual never materialized.....instead Ken suggested people use the Google disavow tool.
          Thanks Kevin,
          I tentatively tried the Google Disavow Tool on one of my sites... guess what... it never recovered!
          Of course, there is the possibility that I might have not disavowed enough lower quality links - but how do we ever know for sure.

          But then again... Did anyone have success with the Disavow Links Tool?
          ... if so, I'd love to hear about it

          Since the day of the Penguin, I've never come across anything conclusive about Disavow... which has given me the impression that it is a "Come here and incriminate thyself - Tool".

          ... if you think this is not the case, please do correct me... I'll welcome any feedback on this.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8306050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eliteseo1
    Or we could just obide by googles rules and not have to worry about google updates.

    The last update penelized websites that were over optimized.

    Solution: dont stuff your keyword and have a legitimate website.
    Signature
    Dominate Google Rankings With Quality Link Pyramids.
    Let The Rank Wizard dominate google for YOU.
    Click Here Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8300730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seonutshell
    Signature
    No Opt In -This FREE Video Reveals The Secret To Building Your First Email List In Less Than 3 Hours!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8306169].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gazzerman1
    Do you interlink all your sites? Did they all get hit at the same time.

    Have you tried hreflang?
    https://support.google.com/webmaster...r/189077?hl=en
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8340358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LinkQuidator
    This is really not enough to "put off some links". You have to remove all of the bad ones. So you might consider checking your backlinks again.
    I would recommend you our service which has a free trial for removing 1000 bad links immediately: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...inks-free.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8349594].message }}

Trending Topics