The end of tiered link building - are tools like GSA, Magic submitter, UD, Senuke doomed?

29 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I stopped doing tiered link building from late last year early this year. I held on to magic submitter but gave it the toss for the last time a month ago because I was doing nothing with it.

However I continue to get reports far and wide that tiered link building was slapped in this last algo - not totally but a beginning to what Cutts promised back in spring "deny the benefit to link spammers upstream". Most people say first tier was slapped if link blasted

Have you seen this change? I am obviously not in a position to see it up close and personal and if future updates improve and expand (they always do) are the days of link blast tools over? Tiered link building was the last useful thing many of these programs could do
#building #doomed #end #gsa #link #magic #senuke #submitter #tiered #tools
  • Profile picture of the author John34
    I am seeing mixed results, couple of sites for which i ordered tiered link building service dropped in ranking after latest penguin 2.1 update where as other sites which also has tiered links improved in ranking. The only difference may be quality of content which was used for link building.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8597314].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zon27
    What I have noticed with most of the tiered backlinks is that spun content (and same content) and distribution of that content on several blogs lead to de-indexing of almost all links. And when any new algorithm change kicks in you lose ranking.

    --Plus I am still not sure if and when all the old backlinks are deindexed and you get hit/penalty the first time, will the webpage (in my case only single internal webpage not the whole website) keep getting penalty, for just previously having those old links, after every new algorithm change.

    After analyzing my website's internal URL ---> example . com/page1
    Keyword competition: Medium

    Before Penguin - 2.0
    Ranking Page 2
    Backlink Profile:
    (a) Article Directories (same content spread everywhere around 10 articles)
    (b) Social Bookmarking
    (c) Forum Posts
    (d) Tiered Link Building ( Spun content as well as similar content)
    Anchor Text: 70% Exact Match

    After Penguin - 2.0
    Dropped Ranking to Page 7-8
    Link Analysis: 80% Links de-indexed including links with spun and similar contents.

    Note: links from famous article directories (e.g. goarticles), Forums, and social bookmarks (e.g. digg) NOT de-indexed.


    What I did after the Penguin 2.0


    Well, I made more links (number of Tier 1 links very few 5) this time only using tiered link building method (super spun content in Tier 2 layer only). What happened? Believe it or not, My site jumped back to page 2, stayed here until penguin 2.1. (regained old position) .
    Anchor Text: 30% exact match.


    Present - After Penguin 2.1


    Same Internal Page

    Page hit! ranking dropped jumping around 7-9-10 page

    Backlink Analysis in webmaster tools:

    None of the Tier 1 links ( I made after penguin 2.0 that lead to the ranking increase were deindexed. Only few of the Tier 2 links were deindexed, not significant enough, in my opinion, to cause a complete ranking loss.
    Additionally, maybe some of the links that were left by penguin 2.0 were de indexed. Again, I don't believe they were that many to cause such a sudden drop in ranking.

    Not completely sure what caused it.

    (1) Maybe google detected Spun Content in Tier 2- did not de-index all but gave a penalty. however it did deindex few of them!

    (2) As I said in the beginning of post -- I am still not sure, Maybe, if and when all the old backlinks are deindexed and you get hit/penalty the first time, the webpage (in my case not the whole website) keep getting penalty, for just previously having those old links, after every new algorithm change.
    A Big Maybe: Got hit during Penguin 2.0, well will be hit again with Penguin 2.1 and the 3.0, then 6.0.....just a theory from someone who is not expert in seo.

    Important Side Note:

    (1) Believe it OR Not! ( I like saying this phrase) -- One of the Tier 1 properties is ranking around page 4 & 5 for the keyword I was targeting. Higher ranking than my money site internal URL, which is dropped to page 7-10 as said earlier.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8599601].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wpninja2013
    No, these tools still work in the future if you use it right. I tried all of the tools listed above, but without any success. I doubted these tools at my perspective. However, one of my form colleagues used such tools with a decent success rate. So the problem is not the tool, it is problem who use it.
    Signature
    Responsive WordPress theme with awesome page builder, 20+ Shortcodes, Pro sliders and 10+ built-in portfolio pages. Hands-free to set up a company business site. Live Demo Now ! Interested ? Write a review, and grab your own free copy !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8599694].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by webby0031 View Post

      3 sites with - 6 Tier backlink profiles have not moved at all.. BS thread AS USUAL
      .
      Also you are usually a few days late as I am sure you are not part of the premium forums and parrot 3rd hand information .. LOL you are hilarious mate
      Stupidest poster on Wf as usual. :rolleyes:

      Multiple people have reported tankings using tiered backlinking and spam to the first tier. Your 3 sites discounts nothing especially since they probably rank for nothing. Its pretty hard for them to move down when they are already stuck on the 20th page.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8601648].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Make Money Ninja
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Stupidest poster on Wf as usual. :rolleyes:

        Multiple people have reported tankings using tiered backlinking and spam to the first tier. Your 3 sites discounts nothing especially since they probably rank for nothing. Its pretty hard for them to move down when they are already stuck on the 20th page.
        Agreed.

        If 100 spammers spam sites. Google rolls out an update, 80 of them tank, 20 of them think they are invincible.

        The trend is obvious. You ARE retarded, if you cannot see it.
        Signature

        The Ultimate Guide To Link Building

        Get More Links - Generate More Traffic - Make More Money!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8601778].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
          Originally Posted by Make Money Ninja View Post

          Agreed.

          If 100 spammers spam sites. Google rolls out an update, 80 of them tank, 20 of them think they are invincible.

          The trend is obvious. You ARE retarded, if you cannot see it.
          Thats the problem, you are pulling numbers out of your ass to justify a point you have no real grounds for. Because if you did have grounds for it, you wouldn't have to pull #'s out of your ass in the first place.

          The phrase "tiered link building" is a fairly broad concept. Do natural sites not link to other sites that link to other sites that link to other sites?

          If its spun content thats the issue... you have to define what type of spun content is causing the problems. Because obviously there are a thousand ways to spin an article. You can use a seed article of 1,000 words, 10,000 words, 100,000 words etc etc.

          As far as the whole "build good links / make good content" theory, we know fairly well that "whitehat" sites get penalized as do grayhat as do blackhat as to purplehat.

          Also, scientifically speaking, when a person says "in my experience" thats whats known as anecdotal evidence. Which is basically useless in reaching any type of valid conclusion.

          This whole "writing on the wall" stuff is just your oversimplified perception of a very complex system aka the google algorithm. Same as your comments on the economy.. which is a very complex system. You can't say WHEN the economy will "pop" but at the same time but you can say that it will . Thats like saying "I can't say when the Sun will die, but I know one day it will". Well no shit... you can say that about anything.

          But if you're not going to be around for that day, you can't really say that it WILL happen. What if a second star hits the Sun and it morphs into one new star? We've seen it happen before.

          I'm just saying, threads like this, basically anything that starts with "the end of" will be full of people postulating their own useless, oversimplified theories. People who refuse to admit that Google, the Economy, Space & Time, The Sun, Mankind as we know it... may be a little more complex than you think.

          And ftr, I have been spamming videos with tiered links for 2 years, and till date I haven't had one taken down. So I'll man up and answer the thread as any logical person would.

          Here is the answer:

          1) I don't know.
          2) You don't know.
          3) Nobody knows.
          4) Trends aka statistics aren't worth the paper their written on.

          Finally, if tools like GSA and Senuke weren't working, you'd probably have A LOT LESS marketers using them and investing tons of money on VPS's, dedicated servers, captchas, hundreds of proxies every month, etc etc etc.

          One mans finger print is never the same as anothers. One mans footprints is never the same as anothers. And when one man claims to know all, all men claim to know no such man (out of embarassment of course).

          G/damn I should have been a poet.

          -RS
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8602104].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post

            The phrase "tiered link building" is a fairly broad concept. Do natural sites not link to other sites that link to other sites that link to other sites?
            Sorry Red but the term "tiered link building" is very specific particularly in reference to the mentioned tools. Say you are ignorant of the term (and quite a bit of SEO) but really - very people here don't know what tiered link building refers to . Its the practice of blasting links using various software to a set of pages that then links to other pages that then link to other pages.


            As far as the whole "build good links / make good content" theory, we know fairly well that "whitehat" sites get penalized as do grayhat as do blackhat as to purplehat.
            Pure and utter crap that you are pulling from the same place you claimed MMN was pulling it from. Yes there are always collateral damage in an update but to imply all kinds of link building are the same in terms of getting penalized is just silly.

            Also, scientifically speaking, when a person says "in my experience" thats whats known as anecdotal evidence. Which is basically useless in reaching any type of valid conclusion.
            We do that here every week to share our experiences and then collectively use that as a form of polling. If you have enough of these kinds of polls across various sources you can form some conclusions when comparing to your own data. No? then leave WF because its ALL anecdotal evidence. Besides you just blew your own "scientifically speaking" nonsense and pulled facts out of your own rear end right here -

            Finally, if tools like GSA and Senuke weren't working, you'd probably have A LOT LESS marketers using them and investing tons of money on VPS's, dedicated servers, captchas, hundreds of proxies every month, etc etc etc.
            A) how do you determine there are not less? by uumm anecdotal evidence? :rolleyes: and for someone that just claimed another poster pulled facts out of their ass where s the data you used to show that marketers are not in fact cutting down on using these things since the penguin updates "(if in fact you even heard about the penguin updates)

            B) Every heard of a strawman? Read the OP for the context. No one here claimed or even asked if tiered link building died three months ago. The context is in terms of the latest algo update and yes in terms of the progression of Penguin updates.Its been like a week. Shucks marketers takes years to stop using what no longer works or was never true. By that reasoning (or lack thereof) since quite a few "marketers" use Angela backlinks that means they still both work and give you high Pr links .

            Hey and while you are using that failed logic go pick up a bunch of get rich quick WSOs. If they didn't work marketers wouldn't buy them as much.

            2) You don't know.
            3) Nobody knows.
            4) Trends aka statistics aren't worth the paper their written on.
            The Road Kill Conversation -AKA Why Deers STILL get caught staring in headlights

            Deer one: There are two lights coming this way. Humans stated a few months ago they would hit deers in the road if they didn't move. Maybe you should get out of the road. You could get hit.
            Deer two: You don't know that. Nobody knows that
            Deer one: the lights are getting closer and the lights look like a car
            Deer two: could be but you don't know that. You are just pulling that out of your deer ass
            Deer one. its getting closer and closer and moving in this direction
            Deer two: trends aren't worth the paper they are written on
            Deer one: Its a car. last week a bunch of deers got slapped by a car. get out the road:
            Deer two: thats anecdotal evidence and you don't know that.
            Deer one. Run! You are going to be hit!
            Deer two:whatever man You don't know anything until it happens

            Deer Reverend: he was a fine deer
            Deer one: Maybe but he sucked as a poet and I still got a working attached deer 's ass.
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8602731].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dp40oz
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Stupidest poster on Wf as usual. :rolleyes:

        Multiple people have reported tankings using tiered backlinking and spam to the first tier. Your 3 sites discounts nothing especially since they probably rank for nothing. Its pretty hard for them to move down when they are already stuck on the 20th page.
        Yea Mike, with all due respect though every update tons of people drop in rankings and claim many different reasons for it. Tiered link building is alive and well. Quality pyramid structured linking has been the backbone of what I do and it still works. I saw little to no major movement over most of my sites and I use tiered link building on virtually all of them.

        I would suggest those that did see drops to make sure their tier 1's are of the highest quality. Personally I do a lot of site branding in my tier 1's with very little targeted anchors. I use my private network, web 2.0's, a good amount of social and then some citation style links for this tier. In a nutshell I try to stick to my private network and sites people actually use and are popular, Twitter, Pinterest, instagram, Wordpress, Tumblr ect... Basically I think of my tier 1's as "promoting" my site.

        My tier 2's I do my best to maintain quality, usually through syndicated and curated content so as to not hike up content costs but also Im not putting out junk spun content. I use my huge web 2.0 network that ive broken into general niches so that theres some sort of site relevancy. I'll be honest the niches are sometimes broad but the content still maintains some kind of relation.

        3rd tier ive done mix of junk (GSA, Drip Feed Links) or sometimes I maintain quality niche relevant sites down to tier 3 with the web 2.0's. Either way up until this point I haven't seen one or the other be better or worse but I like to stay cautious. I really believe most of these Penguin updates use anchor text as their main identifier. Those who link build with mostly "naked" links are not seeing hits. People need to learn that the days of keyword rich anchor text are behind us.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8602887].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by dp40oz View Post

          Yea Mike, with all due respect though every update tons of people drop in rankings and claim many different reasons for it. Tiered link building is alive and well.
          DP I think you missed the following line in the OP

          " not totally but a beginning to what Cutts promised back in spring "deny the benefit to link spammers upstream". Most people say first tier was slapped if link blasted"

          No one is really asking if tiered link building is now dead. None of the reports I see have indicated this. What has been reported is that blasting the tier ones got some people's sites slapped. If you do quality content on your tier 2s then you would of course see no movement. However once that is extended out some more tiers the problem of content will loom even larger. Its not a now proposition but surely theres something to Cutts saying this was something they were going after and now many tiered link built sites have seen hits.

          Its extremely unlikely to be a coincidence or a mistake on people's part. Plus Penguin has not seen its last update. Thats why I am asking.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8603141].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zaccks
    Link building tools are not yet dead for some websites like youtube and other High authority sites.

    up till now there a lot of success stories from using these tools when optimizing youtube video url's and i am using them too and they're working.

    but using these tools to blast links to your site, will not work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8601500].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Make Money Ninja
    You have to look at the long term trend to get the answers. Ask yourself...

    Is it harder to rank with these tools now than it was 12 months ago? What about 24 months ago?

    There is your answer. It's not getting easier, the writing is on the wall.

    It's kind of like saying, when will the bubble pop (economics), no one knows the exact time, but it's going to pop. I can guarantee you that.

    Unless you are ranking shit using these methods, almost effortlessly, it's not worth getting involved. You need to be concentrating on something much more long term. Ask yourself: "Am i comfortable putting in all this effort knowing that my reward will be short lived?".

    Speaking from experience, i used to be able to rank almost anything by spamming. Now it is much more hit and miss, and approximately 90% of the stuff i do, doesn't stick more than 12 months.

    Needless to say, most of my effort is now on long term ventures.

    I think we all know the answer. Build good sites. Get good links. Simples!
    Signature

    The Ultimate Guide To Link Building

    Get More Links - Generate More Traffic - Make More Money!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8601573].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author godoveryou
    I still use tiered link building, but the tools & methods specified are truly the armpit of the concept.

    Just an example: this idea of spun content. A few years ago I used it heavily, maybe as recently as 18 months ago give or take. But the advantages of algorithmically assembled content was undeniable then, and not to step on your toes MMN but it remains just as effective today.

    Lets look at tiered link building very briefly ...

    GSA is an interesting tool, but every veteran xrumer user saw the writing on the wall with it. Having watched targeted action against platforms or a specific CMS in the past it was easily apparent what would happen.

    Does that mean TLB is dead? Well, sort of... But only the bottom feeder, cheapest and laziest form of it. Does that mean the writing is on the wall for it? Well, if you are cheap and lazy, sure.

    Starting around the same time I moved to algorithmically assembled content I also began to invest in the linking infrastructure of the sites I 'could' lose but still valued. Without getting too long winded - I began to "own my tiers."

    This required a variety of new expenses (domain reg., hosting, development time...) but I wasn't touched by Penguin 2.1 and still used tiered link building.

    =========

    What I'm saying is this: Mike in the specific scope of the criteria you put forth, yes I think you are correct that it is a dying art. But your example is only of the lowest investment level and most poorly thought out plan of action.

    MMN - your train of thought is beyond dispute, but only in the same narrow framework of the laziest, cheapest methodology possibly. It would be like me saying that all tiered link building is flawless because my method of implementation has only proven more successful with each new update. I would be just as wrong for me to say that as it is to say the writing is on the wall for the entire system of thought.
    Signature
    Don't Know Me? - Read my interview at Matthewwoodward.co.uk
    http://www.godoveryou.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8603001].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by godoveryou View Post

      what I'm saying is this: Mike in the specific scope of the criteria you put forth, yes I think you are correct that it is a dying art. But your example is only of the lowest investment level and most poorly thought out plan of action.
      Thats the thing GOY and you know this - That lowest investment level IS what people refer to as Tiered link building. Ask most people about tiered link building and they will refer you to Matthew's videos and some to the old stuff you used to do. When you talk about owning your levels most people would put that into network building. I use aged domains with PR and teach people to use some domains as support. Could you call that tiered? I guess but thats not what people are referring to by "tiered link building". I dunno I think the context is extremely clear given the software I listed and how every knows these software packages are most standardly used.

      As far as that tiered like building that we all know about (not some derivative or modification that 95% of the people doing tiered link building are not doing) I find no issue with what MMN said. The writing is on the wall. It was there with Cutts earlier announcement this year that it was coming and more with the first advent of it in the algo just passed.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8603185].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Make Money Ninja
    Basically i have read everything and my rebutle is this:

    And again, its purely anecdotal based on my observations..

    Obviously not all tiered link building is dead, i still see sites doing it and ranking. And just because i have had sites penalized (and some rank) using tiers, does not mean i am any good at it or am "doing it correctly". Anyway, here are my observations:

    1) Less tiered link building is ranking. That is a fact, more and more people with sentance spun content is no longer getting indexed. With every update more and more people are getting penalized. By definition, if Google brings out an update and it penalizes people who are using certain tactics, it MAKES IT HARDER. Both in the short term in order to rank and long term in order to stay ranked. That much is undeniable right? If you look at the last few years things have gotten more difficult for spammers. That should be self explanatory, you used to be able to pump whatever links at a site and now you can't. The hoops you have to jump through are getting stricter and stricter. So that is where my "writing on the wall" statement comes from. Its clearly not getting easier is it?

    My argument isn't that its impossible (its possible), its that more and more people are struggling with this. And hence, it is become a less viable business model. Especially to newbies, because they are clearly not going to get every single thing right with link spamming.

    2) The build good content and get good links is a valid strategy, no matter how you put it. Again, from observing what is ranking and what is not ranking. The sites with the most good links and good content are ranking the best over the long term. This does not mean poor sites with auto content are not ranking. But it is quite obvious that these sites are getting pruned at every update. In my niche, between update my whitehat site constantly gets outranked, i always sit on the first page. Then spammers rank up above me, they last a couple months, then they are gone, i always stay. Anecdotal, but at the end of the day, i am the one laughing to the bank because i am not having to churn and burn, im creatting assets every day and the more i get, the more money i make. I am not comfortable just churning and burning to just keep the same search traffic.

    Now, the extraction i get from all of this is, its easier and a better business model to create sites with massive amount of high quality long tail content and do things by the book. This does not mean that other strategies are valid or less valid. Up until this year, i have been a big proponent of mini sites, aggressive link building but the lifespan of such sites is less on the whole over the entire industry. This is undeniable, if loads of sites are going with each update that should be unquestionable. At the same time, it doesn't mean good sites don't get taken down by Google.. they do. But on the whole the sites that are getting ****ed are using manipulative practices, and the ones that are standing are using less manipulative tactics or less aggressive tactics.

    I strongly believe the most viable SEO business model is changing. Thats just my opinion, obviously not fact.

    Finally, its actually quite hard to assertain what content and what links are 100% responsible for this. For example, the vast majority of people are employing a variety of tactics and a variety of link sources, and pointing them at different sites with different kinds of content. All i can do is observe general patterns of sites that are tanking, from what i can see general patterns of around 50 sites i saw tank were as follows:

    - Links from web 2.0's.
    - Links from spun content.
    - "pillowing" with low qualiity links
    - Link from obvious blog networks
    - Links from obvious paid links

    Now you could say that these people were "doing it wrong", but a lot of these tactics such as web 2.0, spun content and pillowing are very mainstream and advocated by a lot of people in the industry.

    I am not saying things have changed forever, but you know... its not getting easier, and thats the only point i wanted to make. People can make their own decisions. Thats what i think and have seen.
    Signature

    The Ultimate Guide To Link Building

    Get More Links - Generate More Traffic - Make More Money!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8603093].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by Make Money Ninja View Post

      Obviously not all tiered link building is dead, i still see sites doing it and ranking. And just because i have had sites penalized (and some rank) using tiers, does not mean i am any good at it or am "doing it correctly".
      and I think that is the common mistake. You didn't get slapped so you say okay I got this down right, when the reason you still rank is because there are flaws in the algo that when later fixed and fine tuned then snags you as well. good night you used to here that from the link blasters to the money site before that for the most part died. I guess its okay for the churn and burn guys but I am not one of those.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8603226].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Make Money Ninja
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        and I think that is the common mistake. You didn't get slapped so you say okay I got this down right, when the reason you still rank is because there are flaws in the algo that when later fixed and fine tuned then snags you as well. good night you used to here that from the link blasters to the money site before that for the most part died. I guess its okay for the churn and burn guys but I am not one of those.
        Agree.

        People are going "just because i didn't get penalized i am safe" without looking at the wider pattern.

        I have been guilty of it myself, thinking i am invincible when people around me have their businesses crumbling. I think when you rank two sites using the exact same tactics, one tanks, the other survives, its easy to see how fragile rankings can be.
        Signature

        The Ultimate Guide To Link Building

        Get More Links - Generate More Traffic - Make More Money!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8603326].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dslr001
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        and I think that is the common mistake. You didn't get slapped so you say okay I got this down right, when the reason you still rank is because there are flaws in the algo that when later fixed and fine tuned then snags you as well. good night you used to here that from the link blasters to the money site before that for the most part died. I guess its okay for the churn and burn guys but I am not one of those.
        I think this is the most relevant comment from Mike. What we need right here is a 5000ft perspective that will outlast all future updates. Amit Singhal (Matt Cutt's boss - for those who didn't know) recently commented that link building is NOT the way to go???!

        BS! I lost a lot of sites recently in the Penguin 2.1 update to sites with a lot of link authority, but none of the content were even remotely as authoritative, unique and/or relevant to mine. CONCLUSION: they had better quality links.

        Where does that leave the content marketer that tries to honour Google's guidelines of unique, quality driven content that is relevant to the keywords you're promoting? I mean, if the bounce rate is low and the average time spent on site is high, what does links have to do with anything in such a scenario in the 1st place?

        Personally, I don't think Google will ever get it right..

        So I'm calling on all like minded internet marketers to go back to BLACK HAT. Viva the revolution!!!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8927149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author godoveryou
    Here's just a real quick snip - most people are idiots.

    What they *Should* be calling their version of tiered link building is actually parasitic link building. That dates back to 2008 via a post by Brad on WPBH.

    Like I said Mike, you're right in a sense. I can't/won't debate that.

    MMN, we aren't talking about the same thing. I can see you're passionate about what you're talking about and I respect that.
    Signature
    Don't Know Me? - Read my interview at Matthewwoodward.co.uk
    http://www.godoveryou.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8603778].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PROmotions LLC
    Most tiered link building uses spun content to inflate the page "quality" but now spun content is being targeted as low quality.
    Signature

    Signature!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8603789].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeadStartSEO
    It's alive and well. I build network links (tier 2) to existing links (tier 1), then send campaigns to the network posts (tier 3).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8603924].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dagger2190
      Originally Posted by HeadStartSEO View Post

      It's alive and well. I build network links (tier 2) to existing links (tier 1), then send campaigns to the network posts (tier 3).
      Same with me tier 1 blog posts <- manual 2.0 sites <- GSa still works wonders
      Signature

      My Time is Now

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8604350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoraghu
    Well, I would like to share my own method here which I am not sure did any changes. One of my client site was hit after first penguin update, it was ranking No.1 but then it went to No.8 and then to 2nd page and then 3rd page.

    I have then fined tuned some of low quality links, specially I removed directory listings and unrelated blog review posting which was done using BuyBlogReviews. Then I got heard about tiered links, I tried I wrote 100% unique content and published on top 4 web 2.0 platforms like Wordpress, Hubpages, Blogger, Livejournal. I just used only 4 with 4 unique articles, I placed link to main site and then blasted these web 2.0 with blog comments, social bookmark and few others.

    After Humingbird update, the site was back on first page and positioned at 6th position. Till now it is on the same spot. However, I used the strategy for another client but did not got any success.

    Now it is pretty confusing as to what conclusion should I make. But based on my experiement I am thinking to follow the link building startegy as follows,:
    1) Write 4 unique articles and publish on wordpress, blogger, livejournal, hubpages with one link to your main site.
    2) Blast with tier2 links to the above web2.0 sites on random basis.
    3) Convert the written articles into video and submit to video sites.
    4) Convert the same article to PDF and submit to doc sharing sites.
    5) Building further tier2 links to video and doc sharing sites.

    I hope this would give good natural flow and may be good in terms of penuin2.1 and later. But as I told even I have not yet tested it, I am thinking to test.
    Signature
    SEO Friendly Website Designing Services and Website Mainteance Services - Xpert Web Inc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8825202].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patco
    I still think that tier2 backlinks are useful to get a good mix of BOTH dofollow and nofollow backlinks! However, just be sure to use good content in your "blogs" and do NOT spam...
    Signature

    A blog that will show you How to Lose Weight with a cool Quick Weight Loss guide...
    Also enjoy some of my favorite Funny pictures and photos that will make you smile :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8825220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMdeaming
    Hopeless man, just hopeless! And I see some of you offering seo services man that's just scarrrryyyyy.
    Signature
    Something stinks...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8825524].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by IMdeaming View Post

      Hopeless man, just hopeless! And I see some of you are offering seo services man that's just scarrrryyyyy.
      C'mon, you don't want to buy any tier 17 web 2.0 links?
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8825683].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        C'mon, you don't want to buy any tier 17 web 2.0 links?

        Phfft. They are coming out with an infinite tier link software soon. It creates an endless amount of pages and links on 100 domains to create a pagerank vortex.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8825850].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author IMdeaming
          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          Phfft. They are coming out with an infinite tier link software soon. It creates an endless amount of pages and links on 100 domains to create a pagerank vortex.
          Nah, won't work unless you do it manually.
          Signature
          Something stinks...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8825870].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
            Originally Posted by IMdeaming View Post

            Nah, won't work unless you do it manually.
            Yeah hes gonna need The Ultra Best Spinner too. The new one that translates things into Klingon then back again for unique high quality spinnies.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8826061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author squadron
    Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

    ... I continue to get reports far and wide that tiered link building was slapped in this last algo - not totally but a beginning to what Cutts promised back in spring "deny the benefit to link spammers upstream". Most people say first tier was slapped if link blasted

    Have you seen this change? ...
    Starting in about April 2013, I certainly saw sites penalized for blog comment spam to the second tier.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8826885].message }}

Trending Topics