How you are doing SEO after Penguin 2.0

21 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I am starting this thread to share our views how we are doing SEO after Penguin 2.0 and what is the difference before and after this algorithm update.

1- What kind of links you are using to push any website.
2- Tell us in detail as far it is okay with you
#penguin #seo
  • Profile picture of the author online only
    Nothing has changed. Create useful content and forget fake/spammy links.

    I hope that was enough detailed for you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627455].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Going Up
      Originally Posted by online only View Post

      Nothing has changed. Create useful content and forget fake/spammy links.

      I hope that was enough detailed for you
      Google love natural links only, and we all know what natural links are. if any webmaster hire an seo company to optimize his website then he is going to create fake links, right ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627583].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexzeto
      Originally Posted by online only View Post

      Nothing has changed. Create useful content and forget fake/spammy links.

      I hope that was enough detailed for you
      SEO is simples as that,and most people don't believe it !
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628812].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DBMEDIALLC
    That's not true. What exactly is a fake link anyway? :p Guest posts are a good example of high quality links that are achieved in a way that's Google friendly. Contact niche sites and ask them if you can write an article for their website with a link back to your own site included, or in an author resource box at the bottom.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627824].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author online only
      Originally Posted by DBMEDIALLC View Post

      That's not true. What exactly is a fake link anyway? :p Guest posts are a good example of high quality links that are achieved in a way that's Google friendly. Contact niche sites and ask them if you can write an article for their website with a link back to your own site included, or in an author resource box at the bottom.
      I didn't say that Guest posts are fake links. I was more thinking about social bookmarks, blog comments, forum signatures, profile links, web2.0s, article directories, spammed to death directory links, links from private networks that aren't actually private etc...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627833].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nik0
        Banned
        I build way more diverse anchors, not just variations of the money keywords and branded ones.

        I also triple check my sites for duplicate content or, dynamic pages that Google somehow loves to index (you know those tracking type of pages with the ?= part in the url). Mostly using the robots.txt to prevent that and canolization tags are also helpful. And of course I use the SEO Yoast plugin to prevent that date/author archives are created.

        And with the future in mind I focus more on links that stay permanent on pages with PR and on websites that are more related to the niche.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8627981].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JohnnyG11k
          Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

          I build way more diverse anchors, not just variations of the money keywords and branded ones.

          I also triple check my sites for duplicate content or, dynamic pages that Google somehow loves to index (you know those tracking type of pages with the ?= part in the url). Mostly using the robots.txt to prevent that and canolization tags are also helpful. And of course I use the SEO Yoast plugin to prevent that date/author archives are created.

          And with the future in mind I focus more on links that stay permanent on pages with PR and on websites that are more related to the niche.
          Yes, link and anchor text diversification is the key nowadays. So what? Don't you think spammers will adjust their methods. They are just going to diversify more often.

          I guess Google is not that smart to stop 'em. At least not the big ones...

          What do you guys think?
          Signature
          You won't believe it!
          This NICHE made me $300,000...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644840].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeffery Moss
        Originally Posted by online only View Post

        I didn't say that Guest posts are fake links. I was more thinking about social bookmarks, blog comments, forum signatures, profile links, web2.0s, article directories, spammed to death directory links, links from private networks that aren't actually private etc...
        Is there any realistic way to use forum signatures (which many internet marketers still do) as a way to get SEO benefit? Or, are forum signatures just for direct traffic?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8630273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sportslocker
    using only 2.0 sites, also new article directories, but no spamming , no large amounts of additional links such as xrumer, ect.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deezn
    Seems like there was a refresh today. I took a hit when 2.1 came out, but mostly looked like a devaluing of links, with a lot of bouncing around. Last bounce I almost got my original rankings back.

    This morning I got delisted and a colleague of mine emailed (unsolicited) me saying his rankings took a dive.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8628743].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Going Up
    From where else we can get the links else then guest posts ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8629816].message }}
  • After penguin 2.0 update I have started content base work and concentrating more on natural links by social bookmarking forums and web 2.0
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8630089].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jimca
    I have no changed after penguin updates.
    Please do only white hat seo for link building.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8630311].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hafizasif
    After the update of penguin 2.0. I have started content base work because the content is the king along with white hat techniques.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8630455].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheMacMan
    I am creating web 2.0s then backlinking to them. It's a solid strategy and working great for me. I also do this all myself manually as It's sort of fun :/.
    Signature
    I am killing it on fiverr thanks to this $7 WSO
    It's easy as counting 1,2,3.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8630481].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    Focus more on adding unique quality content, and create quality backlinks, press releases, submissions ect.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8642868].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kbclickbank
    Hello, To achieve favorable rankings and maintain them, it's more important than ever to build your SEO strategy according to what Google wants in today's post-Penguin 2.0 era. Here's what's working in 2013.

    1. Create and Publish Awesome Content
    2. Cater to the Mobile Crowd
    3. Avoid Link Spam
    4. Maintain Proper Sitemaps
    5. Use Safe Anchor Text
    6. Publish Across a Variety of Media
    7. Engage in Social Sharing

    By making it quick and easy for people to share your content on their favorite network, this can help it circulate over the web, reaching new audiences. Hope these are helpful for you. Have a nice day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644865].message }}

Trending Topics