Insane Traffic In A Few Months?

by BMW07 30 replies
Hey Warriors,

I was doing some research last night and landed on Flippa. I was amazed when I saw a lot of new sites (months old) selling at a high price because of their traffic.

How could these Flippa seller possibly have those kind of traffic when in fact their domain+websites are just a few months old? I know some would say it is their keywords but I went ahead and checked their keywords and they are not even ranking for it.

Do you think their traffic stats are real or just made up ones?



Richard
#search engine optimization #insane #months #traffic
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Nicholas H
    Originally Posted by BMW07 View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    I was doing some research last night and landed on Flippa. I was amazed when I saw a lot of new sites (months old) selling at a high price because of their traffic.

    How could these Flippa seller possibly have those kind of traffic when in fact their domain+websites are just a few months old? I know some would say it is their keywords but I went ahead and checked their keywords and they are not even ranking for it.

    Do you think their traffic stats are real or just made up ones?



    Richard

    A lot of the newer sites on flippa with great traffic stats are faked.

    It's been a trend on there for a while
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Flippa is full of scams.
    Signature
    Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jgant
    Could paid traffic and/or social media.
    Signature
    How I hit $10,000+ per month very fast w/ 1 niche blog - Click Here to learn more (no opt-in).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BMW07
    Thanks for the inputs guys. I almost convinced myself to buy one of those so-called income generating sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnnyG11k
    Originally Posted by BMW07 View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    I was doing some research last night and landed on Flippa. I was amazed when I saw a lot of new sites (months old) selling at a high price because of their traffic.

    How could these Flippa seller possibly have those kind of traffic when in fact their domain+websites are just a few months old? I know some would say it is their keywords but I went ahead and checked their keywords and they are not even ranking for it.

    Do you think their traffic stats are real or just made up ones?

    Richard
    They could be doing PPC or private blog network submissions to increase Google SERP, and other link-building outsourcing.

    Check their Analytics. You cannot fake those, if they're Google verified. If sellers cannot provide proven traffic stats, you may want to skip the bid.

    Does it help?
    Signature
    You won't believe it!
    This NICHE made me $300,000...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8644823].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nuke07
      There can few points....

      first Proof may be fake.

      Second Traffic coming from PPC Campaigns

      Third the owner may generating Traffic from Private blog Networks

      I think you should contact the owner and solicit for strong Proofs

      Because Flippa and some other websites are full of scams believe it or not but few month back one of my friend had purchased a website in medical niche for $2000, showing proof to make $500 per month....but unfortunately he didn't make any single penny from that site.

      Traffic arrived only for 10-15 days, so be careful in Domain Purchasing Business.

      I hope this will help you !!

      Nuke
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8645182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ViralMediaBoost
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8645203].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lokahi
    Traffic is easy to fake. Demand proof from the site owner the site was actually profitable not just got lots of hits.
    Signature
    Learn how I make $147 a day! Watch my FREE VIDEOS

    FREE: How To Be a Millionaire Overnight
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    If you can't prove a traffic source claimed on Flippa, you can bet you'll get scammed.

    Save your money & build your own site.
    Signature
    Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646068].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BMW07
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      If you can't prove a traffic source claimed on Flippa, you can bet you'll get scammed.

      Save your money & build your own site.
      Cheers to that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8647907].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lovboa
    Banned
    I saw a site on Flippa recently that was getting millions visitors a month and making 5 figures a month off Adsense.

    Site traffic was solely from Facebook fan pages. The fan pages were not part of the sale and seller clearly stated that multiple times. That site was getting bids left and right from excited buyers.

    What exactly are these people thinking? That's why scammers love Flippa.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646084].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Originally Posted by lovboa View Post

      I saw a site on Flippa recently that was getting millions visitors a month and making 5 figures a month off Adsense.

      Site traffic was solely from Facebook fan pages. The fan pages were not part of the sale and seller clearly stated that multiple times. That site was getting bids left and right from excited buyers.

      What exactly are these people thinking? That's why scammers love Flippa.
      Those are the same people that buy $50 in lottery tickets each week to help increase their odds of winning, lmao.
      Signature
      Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646089].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Samuel Adams
      Originally Posted by lovboa View Post

      I saw a site on Flippa recently that was getting millions visitors a month and making 5 figures a month off Adsense.

      Site traffic was solely from Facebook fan pages. The fan pages were not part of the sale and seller clearly stated that multiple times. That site was getting bids left and right from excited buyers.

      What exactly are these people thinking? That's why scammers love Flippa.
      It's surreal how many people don't take the traffic source into account when buying a website. If the traffic source is not included, the site will go dead within a week or two.
      Signature

      Would you like to learn how I make $2000/month from a super easy listbuilding system?

      Click here to get my listbuilding report for FREE!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8648202].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author warrior55
        I feel that one of the biggest risk of buying a organic traffic site from Flippa is
        that it could be optimized with back links from private networks!

        The problem here is that, the seller could keep the links for say a month or so after sale. And then, slowly start removing them...

        Now, this is just a risk, not that it is usually the case.

        Does Flippa help the buyer even after say 2 or 3 months after purchase in anyway if the monthly earnings are way different then what the seller had claimed ..?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8650581].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mogly
    Lots of flippa sites are scams -- FYI.

    Especially the "turn-key" SEO businesses (or social media marketing ones) in a box.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8650633].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lokahi
      Originally Posted by Mogly View Post

      Lots of flippa sites are scams -- FYI.

      Especially the "turn-key" SEO businesses (or social media marketing ones) in a box.
      And, most likely, the owner of these turn key sites being sold will simply clone the site again with all content and sell to the next unsuspecting marketer. Then both buyers will run into content duplication issues.
      Signature
      Learn how I make $147 a day! Watch my FREE VIDEOS

      FREE: How To Be a Millionaire Overnight
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8651362].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author K Mec
    Originally Posted by BMW07 View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    I was doing some research last night and landed on Flippa. I was amazed when I saw a lot of new sites (months old) selling at a high price because of their traffic.

    How could these Flippa seller possibly have those kind of traffic when in fact their domain+websites are just a few months old? I know some would say it is their keywords but I went ahead and checked their keywords and they are not even ranking for it.

    Do you think their traffic stats are real or just made up ones?



    Richard
    If you think a little bit, Why any one will sale the domain if they are getting this much of traffic?

    Even with 2000 visitors per month I am earning about $80 to $90 with adsense only plus generating 25-30 inquiries so any one with hug traffic everymonth must earn in thousands. Selling such sites is like killing a hen which is giving a golden egg every day. :p:p

    In short results are not real.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8651507].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BMW07
      Originally Posted by K Mec View Post

      If you think a little bit, Why any one will sale the domain if they are getting this much of traffic?

      Even with 2000 visitors per month I am earning about $80 to $90 with adsense only plus generating 25-30 inquiries so any one with hug traffic everymonth must earn in thousands. Selling such sites is like killing a hen which is giving a golden egg every day. :p:p

      In short results are not real.
      I agree. If I have a golden egg generating website, I wouldn't even think about selling it...

      Please correct me if I misunderstood you, are you saying you are earning $80 to $90 per day?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8652250].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    don't be fooled with what you see on flippa, they know how to get your attention with fake stats and scam you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8658195].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webdeep
      Originally Posted by Moneymaker2012 View Post

      don't be fooled with what you see on flippa, they know how to get your attention with fake stats and scam you.
      Yep, don't be fooled with all this what you see on flippa listings... do your own research and find your own way to judge what is true and what might be faked...

      I do check flippa from time to time and I see a lot of scams every time I do my research...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8661502].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alexnob
    Originally Posted by BMW07 View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    I was doing some research last night and landed on Flippa. I was amazed when I saw a lot of new sites (months old) selling at a high price because of their traffic.

    How could these Flippa seller possibly have those kind of traffic when in fact their domain+websites are just a few months old? I know some would say it is their keywords but I went ahead and checked their keywords and they are not even ranking for it.

    Do you think their traffic stats are real or just made up ones?



    Richard
    Dear, traffic can easily be bought today, there're tons of seller outside claiming that they will give you 1000 visitors/just $1 (is it real traffic in your opinion???).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8658306].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author online only
    I spent few days lurking around flippa, analyzing "just sold sites" as well as sites that are being on auction and I came up with a conclusion that there is ALMOST impossible to find a reliable sites that are actually worth something.

    I don't know, maybe is Flippa just cutting down the expenses or they are specially focused on scams? Few "editors" is more than enough to get rid of most of the scam artists.

    Some of the sites had even faked "GA VERIFED" screenshots - I'm not sure how it's possible, probably they had been manipulating their GA stats with junk traffic or something like that.

    I don't know.. I'm about to fold flippa. I think it's easier to just start sending emails to different webmasters and ask whether they are interested in selling their site or not. At least in that way you won't get scammed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8658324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patco
    I am not sure how many of those sites have REAL traffic!
    Signature

    A blog that will show you How to Lose Weight with a cool Quick Weight Loss guide...
    Also enjoy some of my favorite Funny pictures and photos that will make you smile :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8658479].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BMW07
      I've been gaining a lot of information from this thread. Thank you all for your opinions.

      Happy Halloween everyone!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8661062].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patadeperro
    Flippa is not Scam, thinking like that is a logic mistake, it is confusing everything by its parts, just because I once saw a beautiful Brazilian girl I can't conclude that all the brazilians are beautiful, in the same way some sellers on Flippa may be scammers, that does not mean that all of them are scammers, nor than Flippa is a scam.

    Another important thing is that you need to treat the websites as a real business, analyze where the traffic is coming from and ask questions such as: can I see the rouces of traffic? is the source of traffic SEO? Where is it getting their links? and the most important question of all Do I know something about the way this site is making moey? If you dont understand how to make money online then you will have more probability of "feeling" scammed even if the seller was not a scammer, example: If the seller is selling a site with a CPA offer and making X amount of money you need to ask the question Is the account going to be transfered? Am I going to be accepted?, if the guy is getting SEO traffic you need to analyze the backlinks, traffic sources etc... to see if those backlinks will go away when you buy it or if he is using a network, or to know what is going on.... please guys dont disguise your ignorance with a scam.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8661657].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Originally Posted by patadeperro View Post

      Flippa is not Scam, thinking like that is a logic mistake, it is confusing everything by its parts, just because I once saw a beautiful Brazilian girl I can't conclude that all the brazilians are beautiful, in the same way some sellers on Flippa may be scammers, that does not mean that all of them are scammers, nor than Flippa is a scam.

      Another important thing is that you need to treat the websites as a real business, analyze where the traffic is coming from and ask questions such as: can I see the rouces of traffic? is the source of traffic SEO? Where is it getting their links? and the most important question of all Do I know something about the way this site is making moey? If you dont understand how to make money online then you will have more probability of "feeling" scammed even if the seller was not a scammer, example: If the seller is selling a site with a CPA offer and making X amount of money you need to ask the question Is the account going to be transfered? Am I going to be accepted?, if the guy is getting SEO traffic you need to analyze the backlinks, traffic sources etc... to see if those backlinks will go away when you buy it or if he is using a network, or to know what is going on.... please guys dont disguise your ignorance with a scam.
      A person would have to be blind in one eye & can't see out the other to not know Flippa is a scammers paradise after browsing Flippa sales pages/descriptions.
      Signature
      Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8661722].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dreamtoreality
    What I don't get, though, is that there is always an inspection period. If a site isn't what you expected it to be then you don't have to release your money through Escrow. If someone insists on a very short inspection period or wants to be paid through paypal then move on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8661756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author january14n
    Just like anyone in this thread I agree that those traffic are fake or those traffic comes from PPC programs and not from ranking high on search engines.
    Signature
    No Clicking Here - I Repeat No Clicking Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8661771].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timpears
    It is probably social traffic. I have an auto blog that is getting 300 to 400 visits a day. Totally useless crap traffic. I would dump it, but I hate to waste it as I might think of something to do with it some day.
    Signature

    Tim Pears

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8662391].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics