1. Which method for siloing your WP website do you use ?
- homepage>silo page>support Posts (override category slug)
- homepage>silo page>support Page (no override needed, clasic parent/child page setup)
- homepage>silo category page > support posts (this one is interesting but requires bit of codding and makes silo page dynamic)
Now, i see few benefits of using posts over pages as support , posts appear in RSS feed (pages can do this also with plugin) and can be categorized and used in custom sidebar with "category posts" plugin. Is there any other advantage of using posts?
2.Let's say we choose 1st method.
The whole override of category slug is crazy since WP now makes category priority over pages
-You can use SEO Ultimate to make pages priority , but that can backfire if WP makes an update and it stops working.
-Is there any other way to make pages priority ?
3. Keyword in supporting pages/posts?
Both supporting posts include main keyword , is this going to be considered overoptimization or support posts should be LSI keyword maybe like /canine-training-guides
4. What if Support posts are not child of the page :
domain.com/dog-training (main silo page)
domain.com/dog-training-guides-for-beginners (support post within a dog training category), its not child of the main page but it links to the main page.