Building a Private Blog Netowork - Where To Start?

18 replies
  • SEO
  • |
So the time has come for me to start investing in a PBN, but I find myself stuck on where to start.

I know how to find good and legitimate domains, but how do I go about hosting them in a way that isn't both very costly and time consuming?

So far I have 3 domains. This is my starting point. Do I really need to host all 3 on separate domains? I once accidentally came across a web dev and SEO firms own PBN. They had 334 real websites all linking to their clients. You can't tell me that they have 334 separate hosting accounts? That would be complete madness!

So basically I am asking for some stepping stones. What shall I do with these current 3 domains? Then what do I do with the next 3? Then what do I do with the next 10?

Thanks
#blog #building #netowork #private #start
  • Profile picture of the author online only
    Google is bashing down PBN's so it's better be on the safe side, and add your domains on different hostings.

    It's not much of a madness, if you make a simple excel file, use Paypal to subscribe (so you can avoid fraud and cancel anytime).

    Browse on Google or WF, you will find plenty of hosting packages (shared) that cost only few bucks a month...

    But the most important thing is to manage your sites properly. Don't use them to suck $$$ and sell links. Make them niche relevant and eventually build real sites out of them. Make sure your sites look "legit" enough, so you are able to pass "manual reviews" if you ever get so far.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8666380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markowe
    Well, I doubt you will need 334 sites in your network..! They probably have like 20-30 hosting accounts and 10-15 sites on each, though that seems risky to me. And they are ranking dozens of client sites, so it's worth it for them.

    Look, on top of the price of the domain you can get a hosting account for only another $10 a YEAR these days, or even less, so basically the price of your PBN site is $20 (or less the first year if you use coupons, whatever) annually. And sure, you can probably put several sites on each account, though like I say, I would rather stay on the safe side and avoid that if possible.

    Probably with 10 or 20 sites you can rank for some reasonable keywords, so you just have to ask yourself is $200-$400 annually THAT much?

    For that investment I can rank a site that will bring me $1000-$2000 a month, so it is a no-brainer really! Especially if you can use the network to (CAREFULLY!) rank multiple sites, or even sell a few links privately every now and then...
    Signature

    Who says you can't earn money as an eBay affiliate any more? My stats say otherwise

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8666415].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kpmedia
      Originally Posted by markowe View Post

      you can get a hosting account for only another $10 a YEAR these days,
      Yeah, if you want super-crappy amateur hosts.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8666452].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author markowe
        Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post

        Yeah, if you want super-crappy amateur hosts.
        We-e-e-ll, I must have got lucky so far because my sites tick along OK - I don't expect miracles, and I ain't forking out for a new Bluehost account every time neither! Although you probably need to check they are not just resellers for Hostgator or whatever, because then there is a good chance you will have a lack of diversity over the long run.
        Signature

        Who says you can't earn money as an eBay affiliate any more? My stats say otherwise

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8666576].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Originally Posted by BenWesty View Post

    So far I have 3 domains. This is my starting point. Do I really need to host all 3 on separate domains? I once accidentally came across a web dev and SEO firms own PBN. They had 334 real websites all linking to their clients. You can't tell me that they have 334 separate hosting accounts? That would be complete madness!

    They would not need 330+ totally separate hosts. They could have 30-50 hosts. Ordering from a modestly busy host every three months will usually ensure that you will end up on a different server at the time of ordering. So in a year 30 hosting companies can give you 120 sites not sharing the same box.

    Whats the big problem with separate hosts anyway? - paypal subscription, central wordpress control system like Mainwp and theres is no issue. After initial setup you.will have no extra work. Step in to the 21st century my man and yes go get separate hosts. Don't be lazy or cheap starting out because you will develop that habit and down the road blow up your whole network. Two to three months from now you can add another account to the same host and have sites on different boxes.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8666564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
    Originally Posted by BenWesty View Post

    So the time has come for me to start investing in a PBN, but I find myself stuck on where to start.

    I know how to find good and legitimate domains, but how do I go about hosting them in a way that isn't both very costly and time consuming?

    So far I have 3 domains. This is my starting point. Do I really need to host all 3 on separate domains? I once accidentally came across a web dev and SEO firms own PBN. They had 334 real websites all linking to their clients. You can't tell me that they have 334 separate hosting accounts? That would be complete madness!

    So basically I am asking for some stepping stones. What shall I do with these current 3 domains? Then what do I do with the next 3? Then what do I do with the next 10?

    Thanks
    Mike Anthony refuses to solicit his services, but allow me.

    You need to go here...

    Auto Network

    Its not a perfect system, mainly because I didn't create it.

    But if I had your lack of best practice knowledge about setting up a network. I would definitely seek the advice of a paid professional network builder like Mike to guide you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8666578].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    Originally Posted by BenWesty View Post


    So basically I am asking for some stepping stones. What shall I do with these current 3 domains?
    Host them on different host or IPs.

    Then what do I do with the next 3?
    Host them on different host or IPs again.

    Then what do I do with the next 10?
    Again, host them on different host or IPs.

    The host can be the same but the IPs should never be the same.

    There are $2 to $5 hosting that you can look unto, just ensure they are reliable.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8666609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    Originally Posted by BenWesty View Post

    So the time has come for me to start investing in a PBN, but I find myself stuck on where to start.

    I know how to find good and legitimate domains, but how do I go about hosting them in a way that isn't both very costly and time consuming?

    So far I have 3 domains. This is my starting point. Do I really need to host all 3 on separate domains? I once accidentally came across a web dev and SEO firms own PBN. They had 334 real websites all linking to their clients. You can't tell me that they have 334 separate hosting accounts? That would be complete madness!

    So basically I am asking for some stepping stones. What shall I do with these current 3 domains? Then what do I do with the next 3? Then what do I do with the next 10?

    Thanks
    What's the point of all this? What's at stake? How much will you earn for doing all this work and building all these websites?

    Unless the answer is a substantial sum of money, there are much easier ways to approach online marketing than this. I hear ads work really well
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8666613].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigGameHunter
      Originally Posted by PerformanceMan View Post

      What's the point of all this? What's at stake? How much will you earn for doing all this work and building all these websites?

      Unless the answer is a substantial sum of money, there are much easier ways to approach online marketing than this. I hear ads work really well

      I agree with PerformanceMan. If your trying to build a blog network you should have a purpose. If your purpose doesn't include making lots of money to pay for the large overhead associated with professional blog networks then why do it?

      That's like saying I want to start a body shop but I don't want to buy an $80,000 frame machine i.e. I want to build a body shop business on the cheap.

      This is not Dreamville. This is a business that requires a business plan, that includes making an upfront capital investment. Here's a pretty simple concept:

      Here's a plan to do on the cheap!

      Put up a blog in a niche outside the IM arena (i.e. How To Get Pregnant). Find an affiliate product or two to monetize your blog (clickbank). Add 2 high quality articles to you blog a week for 2 months (drop down to 1 a week after that). Now go drive gobs of traffic to it beginning with the articles you have already written.

      If you don't know how to do this go buy Turn Words Into Traffic by Jim Edwards, ($29... I think) and learn how to get others to put your articles on their blogs so you get the reader base of the blog owner to visit your site (called Leverage)

      Now find Ezine & Blog owners who will be glad to publish your well written article. You will leverage the reader base of the Ezine driving gobs of traffic to your site.

      While your learning this method drive traffic other ways.... i.e. blog commenting, guest posting, adding your articles to directories etc. People will actually read your articles and your comments. In addition to actual people reading what you write and visiting your site (Traffic)...You will get some great backlinks for SEO purposes.

      Don't jump around with your traffic methods (for at least 6 months). Here's what I mean... I was a wrestler in school. Learning judo or jujitisu to advance my skill set would fit in my wrestling background and have a short learning curve.

      Learning karate or boxing would be a totally different skill set with a big learning curve. Write articles, comments, guest blog posts and stay within the same skill set of writing. (News Flash: If you can't write, a blog network isn't going to work).

      Keep adding articles and more blogs/ezines to your traffic sequence every week and you will make more than enough money to afford the hosting necessary for your blog network.

      Imagine...You have the money...In Your Hand from your commission check...enough to build 3 blog networks...Properly! Ask yourself do I keep the gobs of money I already have... or do I give it away to several hosting companies so I can build a blog network? (Bet you keep the money Bet you also build another blog and rinse and repeat the business model I just described above.

      Partner.... Don't look now but....Your building a blog network... On the cheap, just a different kind than what you imagined

      Hope that helps.
      Signature

      Always looking for the best service providers on Warrior Forum.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8891170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author multiplecloud
    Do not rely on hosting with multiple ip but all ip are in the same server. Each IP can trace back to physical server easily and you will find all ip are in the same server.
    Signature

    SafePBN - PBN on different shared hosting company
    █ 100% no bad neighborhood | host pbn at safest
    MultipleCloud - Multiple location hosting provider
    █ 200+ worldwide location | different server | different ip owner | best for pbn

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8888363].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author multiplecloud
    Whats the big problem with separate hosts anyway? - paypal subscription, central wordpress control system like Mainwp and theres is no issue. After initial setup you.will have no extra work. Step in to the 21st century my man and yes go get separate hosts. Don't be lazy or cheap starting out because you will develop that habit and down the road blow up your whole network. Two to three months from now you can add another account to the same host and have sites on different boxes.
    Visiting mainwp and see additional cost is $49-$79 for large scale network
    Signature

    SafePBN - PBN on different shared hosting company
    █ 100% no bad neighborhood | host pbn at safest
    MultipleCloud - Multiple location hosting provider
    █ 200+ worldwide location | different server | different ip owner | best for pbn

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8888374].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
      Originally Posted by multiplecloud View Post

      Visiting mainwp and see additional cost is $49-$79 for large scale network
      Visiting this thread I find last post update 11-03-2013, 03:04 PM
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8888408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author domainarama
    The bigger you try to make your PBN the harder it will fall. The more work you are required to do in order to keep your PBN afloat, the greater the likelihood you will slip up.

    Avoid tiny, amateur hosts. They don't live long.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8888462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    I know how to find good and legitimate domains, but how do I go about hosting them in a way that isn't both very costly and time consuming?
    Hi,
    Nowadays Google dropping down PBN its better to get multiple hosting.One of my friend having PBN and its very expensive can you afford it?If yes then go a head.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8888552].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GTC1187
    I think there are better ways of getting pr links that aren't under as much scrutiny from Matt Cutts, not to mention the monumental effort and expense involved are prohibitive, plus it doesn't fit in with my ethics.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892542].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigGameHunter
      Originally Posted by GTC1187 View Post

      I think there are better ways of getting pr links that aren't under as much scrutiny from Matt Cutts, not to mention the monumental effort and expense involved are prohibitive, plus it doesn't fit in with my ethics.
      You make a lot of assumptions about blog networks. A blog network done properly is a wonderful source of high power backlinks that the big G will love including Mr. Cutts and his employer.

      The business model for building a blog network is actually not that expensive, when done properly, considering the rewards it can produce.

      A blog network as I described above will not only make the owner money, but will have link juice to share, if you so choose. Allowing someone to guest post on one of these blogs with a high quality article with links back to their site is loved by the reader and loved by Mr. Cutts thereby being a very ethical link.

      Moreover, a blog network done correctly is not expensive considering it will produce enough cash flow to support itself from the outset and provide the owner some additional spending cash for what ever reason.

      Where is the ethic's problem here?
      Signature

      Always looking for the best service providers on Warrior Forum.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892753].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GTC1187
        Originally Posted by BigGameHunter View Post

        You make a lot of assumptions about blog networks. A blog network done properly is a wonderful source of high power backlinks that the big G will love including Mr. Cutts and his employer.

        The business model for building a blog network is actually not that expensive, when done properly, considering the rewards it can produce.

        A blog network as I described above will not only make the owner money, but will have link juice to share, if you so choose. Allowing someone to guest post on one of these blogs with a high quality article with links back to their site is loved by the reader and loved by Mr. Cutts thereby being a very ethical link.

        Moreover, a blog network done correctly is not expensive considering it will produce enough cash flow to support itself from the outset and provide the owner some additional spending cash for what ever reason.

        Where is the ethic's problem here?
        Generally assumptions are based on conjecture without experience supporting the belief.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GTC1187
    Also, have you built a private blog network just like you described?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892792].message }}

Trending Topics