Is anyone still buying domains from auction sites???

14 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey guys - question arises out of the obscene prices currently going on these auction sites for domains. Is anyone out there still buying domains from these auction sites for their private blog networks? Is it even feasible to add domains this way?
#auction #buying #domains #sites
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    What do you mean by obscene prices? I really have not seen much change in prices in quite some time.
    Signature

    For SEO news, discussions, tactics, and more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8946298].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      What do you mean by obscene prices? I really have not seen much change in prices in quite some time.
      Probably talking about godaddy. Apparently PR3s over there are at $150+ according to a thread I read two weeks ago. At the higher level as you said PR5s and up are not that different.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8946319].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tutupious
      I'm looking at other back order services, and it seems like PR4s are going for above $350, decent ones at least that haven't been SEO'd hardcore. Are you guys seeing the same?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8946423].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by tutupious View Post

        I'm looking at other back order services, and it seems like PR4s are going for above $350, decent ones at least that haven't been SEO'd hardcore. Are you guys seeing the same?
        Prices vary wildly dependent on backlink profile. Around $300+ for PR4s has been the case for a long time. If you consider that price tag obscene then lower your expectations from PR4s.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8946453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    This is about the fourth network related thread you have been trying to find away around building networks through auctions Any way you slice it building a network requires a little bit of money.

    If you can't find domains you can go for a broker. There are even a few people who build the network for you. I happen to have built a few myself. No one is going to lead you to a cheap source. I have told you this three times already. Showing posters on forums just drives up prices for the person stupid enough to share them. Its not going to happen
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8946308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patadeperro
    Creating a blog network is not cheap, invest in your education first so you know what you are doing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8946592].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hipeopo02
    I cant imagine how domain flippers make money with prices.

    For myself, I build sites on domains that net me SEVERAL times over what I paid for the domains so I never really feel like I overpaid even though I understand that domain auctions like Godaddy jack up prices.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8946716].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tutupious
      Originally Posted by hipeopo02 View Post

      I cant imagine how domain flippers make money with prices.

      For myself, I build sites on domains that net me SEVERAL times over what I paid for the domains so I never really feel like I overpaid even though I understand that domain auctions like Godaddy jack up prices.
      How do you use your sites? Do you build PBNs or build niche sites out of the domains you purchase?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8947123].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hipeopo02
        Originally Posted by tutupious View Post

        How do you use your sites? Do you build PBNs or build niche sites out of the domains you purchase?
        Authority sites.

        I don't do the 10-15 page micro-niche thing. On-site SEO is difficult when you have thin sites.

        Get about 2-3K pages indexed into Google on a domain with a nice backlink profile and you will be amazed at the results.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8947155].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author godoveryou
    Oh just tell the guy already Mike. Stop being an asshole.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Signature
    Don't Know Me? - Read my interview at Matthewwoodward.co.uk
    http://www.godoveryou.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8947172].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by godoveryou View Post

      Oh just tell the guy already Mike. Stop being an asshole.

      You know me Goy. I never argue with anyone
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8949124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author multiplecloud
    I usually use domain nabber (name.com) For find aged, expired domain that can be registered with regular price.
    Signature

    SafePBN - PBN on different shared hosting company
    █ 100% no bad neighborhood | host pbn at safest
    MultipleCloud - Multiple location hosting provider
    █ 200+ worldwide location | different server | different ip owner | best for pbn

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8948308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sclark
    I bought a couple of domains from GoDaddy. But can't say that that help me much in promoting my website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8949015].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Sclark View Post

      I bought a couple of domains from GoDaddy. But can't say that that help me much in promoting my website.
      Possibilities:

      - Your site already deals with penalties, whether on or offpage related
      - You bought faked or spammed domains
      - The keywords you target are too competitive

      Solid high PR domains always help your rankings when you have a solid website.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8949192].message }}

Trending Topics