I'm sick of throwing away money on SEO. Need Recommendations

27 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this in, but here is my dilemma. Short and sweet. Or should I say, half post/half rant.

Over the past year I have gone through 2 different people. Both from here and both who promised front page placing. Both failed.

I have great site names. They're active and the concepts that drive them seem like solid ideas, however it's impossible to know for sure because I'm unable to find someone who is able to rank these sites well. If they reach front page, with a solid stream of traffic and they flop, so be it. It's on me and I can live with that. I will go back to the drawing board. But until someone is actually able to raise to the challenge, I will never know.

So here is what I am hoping for. If anyone is able to recommend someone who knows what the hell they are doing and is able to deliver. I will gladly pay for their service time and time again.

The issue I am finding with SEO is because it takes time to show results when it's done correctly. You lose out on an enormous amount of time when it's not and at this point, good luck getting your money back. I am over the 3 month lapses that are met with little to no results and a response that says..."well I am creating backlinks"

If you provide off-site SEO services I would rather you not post here about your service because it will only fall on deaf ears. Unless you are willing to provide your service up front. And to that I say, impress me. Because I have a pocket full of cash for someone who can.

Hopefully the post doesn't seem to forward. My frustration did most the typing.
#money #recommendations #seo #sick #throwing
  • Profile picture of the author patadeperro
    My recommendation is to leard some SEO yourself so you can decide better, to me it seems that your biggest mistake is that you dont know how to differenciate the reality from the ilusion and dreams most of these salesman give you, so even if you don't become an expert on the SEO game at least learn the basics so you can differenciate a charlatane from a real expert.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058580].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Syed Raza
    you should learn SEO techniques yourself and apply them to your sites. In this way you would have a better idea of how this all ranking thing works.
    Best of luck
    Signature
    Making Money Online Is Really Awesome Guys...!
    All You Need To Do Is Blogging 1 Hour A Day...!
    Lets Connect On FaceBook And I Will SHow You How You Can Use Blogging To Make Your Living !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058592].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
    Ranking depends also on your niche/industry and the level of competition. If that's your problem you may never hit front page with the shortest keywords. The competition can be extremely fierce in the English-speaking world, even though there's always a way get some results.

    It's a slight problem to ask for services on this forum, because self-promotion is not allowed here. And WSO section is full of SEO services that I would not recommend.
    Signature
    Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
    Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

    What's your excuse?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Your weak directory backlinks aren't going to rank much (site in OP forum sig.).
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058693].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James-
    The best way is to create your own private blog network. It always has been. I have only just started doing this myself as i thought it was too complicated.

    To give you an idea of what is possible i have less than 10 links pointing to a domain that i a am currently #1 for. (probably just jinxed myself saying that). The old days of article writing, blog comments, social bookmarking, wiki's etc... they just don't work too well anymore but everyone keeps selling them
    Signature

    2 nuts walked into a bar, 1 was assaulted! :p

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9061002].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author moneymoguls
      Originally Posted by James- View Post

      The best way is to create your own private blog network. It always has been. I have only just started doing this myself as i thought it was too complicated.

      To give you an idea of what is possible i have less than 10 links pointing to a domain that i a am currently #1 for. (probably just jinxed myself saying that). The old days of article writing, blog comments, social bookmarking, wiki's etc... they just don't work too well anymore but everyone keeps selling them
      I would like to learn more about building a private blog network. Do you use dropped domains or new ones?
      Signature

      Money Moguls

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9061013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James-
    The ones i bought were expired, i think i spent £500 or so on 6 domains. Probably over-paid for them a bit, but at the time the market was being priced on PR more than anything else.
    Signature

    2 nuts walked into a bar, 1 was assaulted! :p

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9061061].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Don't post here much (too busy) but wanted to follow up on my MGB question, saw this, and just had to comment

      If I had a dime for every time I heard "I have a bag of money" do this work for me upfront for free I would be a very very rich man. If you think three month is such a long long time then use your alleged pocket full of cash and build your own network and do your own SEO.

      simple solution
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9061071].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Don't post here much (too busy) but wanted to follow up on my MGB question, saw this, and just had to comment

        If I had a dime for every time I heard "I have a bag of money" do this work for me upfront for free I would be a very very rich man. If you think three month is such a long long time then use your alleged pocket full of cash and build your own network and do your own SEO.

        simple solution
        Cough cough...


        MikeF gonna be pissed when he see's my gif rampage.

        @OP: If you have deep enough pockets, I'll be happy to take a look for you.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9061123].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          lol....hey you were breaking the code talking about PBNs in another thread so I figured we were talking about the best secret weapon in SEO stuff again.

          Your dad looks good though. Still, see what happens when you don't put away your stuff?
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9061137].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author nik0
            Banned
            Send your site over so I can look at it. If everything is okay with it I might do it upfront, just got back from holiday, planned all the new work in and got nothing better to do right now.

            We will use escrow though as I'm not looking to get ripped off.

            If two previous providers couldn't get any results there are a few possibilities:

            1) it might be penalized by them already
            2) perhaps onpage / site sucks and Panda penalized it
            3) your keywords are too competitive for the budget

            Somehow I have the feeling it's one of these so give me a look and I'll let you know and also let you know how much it's going to cost when results are achieved.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9061154].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author 1ComplexGuy
              Maybe I should of said "pot of gold"...

              All kidding aside. Thanks for all the input, PM's and criticism.

              I have a couple of people working with me at the moment. One of which is the guy in the above bong clip. He seems pretty knowledgeable, just naps a lot. That and I have to pay him in Funyuns. It's a win - win

              Any more criticism is well appreciated.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9061328].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author LiL D
                Originally Posted by 1ComplexGuy View Post

                Maybe I should of said "pot of gold"...

                All kidding aside. Thanks for all the input, PM's and criticism.

                I have a couple of people working with me at the moment. One of which is the guy in the above bong clip. He seems pretty knowledgeable, just naps a lot. That and I have to pay him in Funyuns. It's a win - win

                Any more criticism is well appreciated.
                My recommendation would be Total Web Creation SEO. They have plenty of reviews on this forum.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9066573].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author greatar4
    Instead of hiring a single individual why not hiring a Search engine optimization firm to do the job for you? You are right by saying that SEO is both time consuming and take time to see genuine results. It can also be a problem when you are spending money on a site while you can't really make money out that site which would make it become self-sufficient.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9061781].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9066616].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
      Originally Posted by DURABLEOILCOM View Post

      Try finding guaranteed seo.
      The only guarantee a SEO can give is to return the money (or not bill) if they don't get results. They might've crapped your backlink profile during the process, but you get to keep the mess.
      Signature
      Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
      Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

      What's your excuse?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9066840].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 1ComplexGuy
        Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

        The only guarantee a SEO can give is to return the money (or not bill) if they don't get results. They might've crapped your backlink profile during the process, but you get to keep the mess.
        That's if you can get all your money back.

        I'm actually working with a couple of people here from the forum. Thanks again for the criticism. Appreciated.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9067294].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author wizbiz
          Hello, I saw some Content Curation Plugin for Word Press I believe they reselling it

          through JV Zoo, Very interesting stuff, Actually what it does, if go by Description, it's

          Pooling High Quality Content from The Google on Autopilot, No I'm not Affiliating,

          Just thinking that could possibly work to generate some traffic from SEO..

          I'm looking into myself..
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9067312].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
            Originally Posted by wizbiz View Post

            Hello, I saw some Content Curation Plugin for Word Press I believe they reselling it

            through JV Zoo, Very interesting stuff, Actually what it does, if go by Description, it's

            Pooling High Quality Content from The Google on Autopilot, No I'm not Affiliating,

            Just thinking that could possibly work to generate some traffic from SEO..

            I'm looking into myself..
            Don't you mean scraping random keyword related content, and mashing it together into some gibberish copyright infirnging article?

            Sounds ACES !!!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9067885].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author 1ComplexGuy
              Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

              Don't you mean scraping random keyword related content, and mashing it together into some gibberish copyright infirnging article?

              Sounds ACES !!!
              With all do respect. I think this sums it up better....

              Ya, ill pass....
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9068042].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author LiL D
                Originally Posted by 1ComplexGuy View Post

                With all do respect. I think this sums it up better....

                Ya, ill pass....
                Did you see my recommendation dude?
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9068385].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aniblow
    1ComplexGuy, must you go the SEO route?
    How about other traffic sources or targeting
    niches with lesser competitions?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9068061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheCodex
    Originally Posted by 1ComplexGuy View Post

    I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this in, but here is my dilemma. Short and sweet. Or should I say, half post/half rant.

    Over the past year I have gone through 2 different people. Both from here and both who promised front page placing. Both failed.

    I have great site names. They're active and the concepts that drive them seem like solid ideas, however it's impossible to know for sure because I'm unable to find someone who is able to rank these sites well. If they reach front page, with a solid stream of traffic and they flop, so be it. It's on me and I can live with that. I will go back to the drawing board. But until someone is actually able to raise to the challenge, I will never know.

    So here is what I am hoping for. If anyone is able to recommend someone who knows what the hell they are doing and is able to deliver. I will gladly pay for their service time and time again.

    The issue I am finding with SEO is because it takes time to show results when it's done correctly. You lose out on an enormous amount of time when it's not and at this point, good luck getting your money back. I am over the 3 month lapses that are met with little to no results and a response that says..."well I am creating backlinks"

    If you provide off-site SEO services I would rather you not post here about your service because it will only fall on deaf ears. Unless you are willing to provide your service up front. And to that I say, impress me. Because I have a pocket full of cash for someone who can.

    Hopefully the post doesn't seem to forward. My frustration did most the typing.
    Get a Moz.com account and aquaint yourself with SEO personally so when it's time to hire the next people you can make informed decisions or just create your own plan and subcontract out the work.
    Signature
    Internet Codex - Redefining Internet Marketing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9068439].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    The top three performance based SEO Companies are rankpay.com marketleaderseo.com resultfirst.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9068600].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by DURABLEOILCOM View Post

      The top three performance based SEO Companies are rankpay.com marketleaderseo.com resultfirst.com
      You're one of a kind.

      Yesterday you ask whether RankPay is legit or a scam and today you assign them to the top 3!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9068668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Assignmentwriter
    First you may ask questions to seo or an agency about your work, what i have expect from your service? after then assign your project.
    Signature
    Prospring launch offering a 100 Million in Prizes and stacks of benefits each week.
    http://www.prospringlaunch.com/Akbar786

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9069315].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author promo87
    Banned
    Well, It looks like you have been going through a hell lot of trouble with the SEO's. I would say that there is no need of getting frustrated and yes giving handful of cash to the SEO's out there. I am sure that you can do that you're self there is no rocket science in you just need to plug your wire at the correct point to get the power. try referring to the searchengineland for getting updated with the SEO stuff.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9072312].message }}

Trending Topics