Register Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 10:00 AM   #651
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 884
Thanks: 6
Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

1) How many competing websites there are.
2) How many of those competing websites have the main keyword in the title only, URL, page, in anchor.
3) The highest ranking competing sites' competing PR and backlinks, called the "SOC" (strength of competition).
4) And of course, the number of searches estimated.
Does MNF provide all of this data?
SoundsGood is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 10:55 AM   #652
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: , , .
Posts: 335
Thanks: 23
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I think Wordpress will actually work better for content management. When I first started out without any knowledge of CSS and HTML, I found NVU to be a challenge. If you can afford a domain and cpanel hosting, it will only take 3-5 minutes to install a wordpress blog. If you read the other posts, WP is also very effective when it comes to SEO.

JB

Originally Posted by iwebtopia View Post

Being a single mom with no free time to myself ever, I only have Sunday's to devote to this want to start today with setting up my first site.

I don't have money for XSP, so will NVU or similar WYSIWYG work for this method? I know how blogger works so may go that route, but don't know yet. Also my big stumbling block is coming up with content for articles. This is so difficult as I find it hard just to figure out what to write. I can't afford to hire an article writer, so can PLR articles do the job. I have tons of PLR just sitting gathering dust on my hard drive. I do have Market Samurai and so that can help with the keyword part. Is this a good starting point for noob? I would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks,
Be Debt Free is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 11:03 AM   #653
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 75
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I really liked most of yr ideas. Though it could be a good idea to focus on the article`s keywords as well. Most of the SEO courses I`ve red would disagree with you on this part.
mkayius is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 12:20 PM   #654
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: California
Posts: 8
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

John

I really liked alot of your ideas in this thread

When is your course going to be available?

www.financialcrossroads.com
lizzbeth595 is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 02:19 PM   #655
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: France
Posts: 104
Thanks: 37
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

It's me, again .
I have started now (let's take some action). I still have a big question, i have 4 pages about the same keyword, so it's things like "how to choose your xxx" "the best xxx" "truth about the xxx", etc.

my question is : it's useful to create more and more pages about the same keyword (it's a specific keyword, and it's the only one i have in the niche, actually two, the singular and plural), or i have better to create articles for directories?

Less Questions, More Action!
Magy is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 02:24 PM   #656
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 126
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by iwebtopia View Post

Being a single mom with no free time to myself ever, I only have Sunday's to devote to this want to start today with setting up my first site.

I don't have money for XSP, so will NVU or similar WYSIWYG work for this method? I know how blogger works so may go that route, but don't know yet. Also my big stumbling block is coming up with content for articles. This is so difficult as I find it hard just to figure out what to write. I can't afford to hire an article writer, so can PLR articles do the job. I have tons of PLR just sitting gathering dust on my hard drive. I do have Market Samurai and so that can help with the keyword part. Is this a good starting point for noob? I would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks,
What does not matter:
Your html editor does not matter- Use whatever you are comfortable with. I have used frontpage, expression web, wordpress, NVU and xsite pro and they all work.

Which keyword toll you use does not matter. I have used "the google keyword tool, micro niche finer and market samauri. I prefer MNF because it is quick and easy just the way I like it but all three get the job done.

What does matter:
Taking action and focus matters
Picking the right keywords matter
content matters
promotion/backlinking matters
lonniewa2 is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 02:28 PM   #657
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 126
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Magy View Post

It's me, again .
I have started now (let's take some action). I still have a big question, i have 4 pages about the same keyword, so it's things like "how to choose your xxx" "the best xxx" "truth about the xxx", etc.

my question is : it's useful to create more and more pages about the same keyword (it's a specific keyword, and it's the only one i have in the niche, actually two, the singular and plural), or i have better to create articles for directories?
Sometimes I make up to five pages targeting the exact keyword just make sure that you pages content and meta information or all different. The goal here is to get double listing on the first page.

One more thing it is always a good idea if you are not at least #4 to use some of those article for backlinking instead.
lonniewa2 is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 02:31 PM   #658
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
terryd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: New Zealand.
Posts: 880
Thanks: 117
Thanked 74 Times in 63 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by SoundsGood View Post

Regular shared hosting plans allow all of this as well.
But with the reseller you can have full featured accounts each with it's own cpanel.
terryd is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 02:56 PM   #659
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Ivelin2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 214
Thanks: 56
Thanked 79 Times in 27 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

With reseller hosting account each website has its own ip I think so if you link your sites it looks less spammy to google than addon domains on regular hosting. Addon domains are set up as a subdomain folder on your main domain you use. So on your main website you can have multiple websites and content on many niches so it's a mess. Also you have better functionality. I think it's worth it I just switched my sites to reseller account and set some new ones. Also if you want you can resell hosting and make money that way. Each site has its own cpanel and allocated space and bandwith from the total you have so it's cool.

also for html and css you can learn each in a day or both on W3Schools (just google it) . Have fun!

p.s. apparently i can't post links yet !?!
Ivelin2008 is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 03:16 PM   #660
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: France
Posts: 104
Thanks: 37
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by lonniewa2 View Post

Sometimes I make up to five pages targeting the exact keyword just make sure that you pages content and meta information or all different. The goal here is to get double listing on the first page.

One more thing it is always a good idea if you are not at least #4 to use some of those article for backlinking instead.
ok thanks,
about the content, no problems, the 4 articles are different, about the meta, i only have the title now, and it's exactly my article name, i will look to do the description too.

I heard about things like "trying to spam" if titles are too similar, if i change more than 50% of the text it's ok no? I mean like my keyword in 2 words and 2-3 words that changes from on to another page.

Less Questions, More Action!
Magy is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 03:34 PM   #661
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 126
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I just make the title different I do not use any percentages
lonniewa2 is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 05:47 PM   #662
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Jeremy123 View Post

John,

In Google's TOS, it says not to make sites just for adsense,

is it a good idea to take off amazon links.

How many sites do you have by now.
I have just over 40 sites now and about taking off your
Amazon links, I'm not sure what you mean.

Have them or don't have them. It's just that my sites
are specifically created so that there are absolutely no
distractions from the Adsense Ads.

So I have removed any blue links in the content going
towards affiliate sites.

Many people may say this is not smart, but my Adsense
earnings have gone up because of it.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 05:49 PM   #663
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by terryd View Post

Is it better to have multiple Adsense units on the page (up to the maximum of 3) or is it better to have only one or two units so that the higher paying ads are shown instead of the lesser paying ads?
It depends on your site's layout.

After years of testing, just using 1 336 X 280 adsense block above
the content is the best (but if your layout or blog is different, than
that 1 block may not be your best choice.


And yes, less Adsense blocks mean more per click.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 05:55 PM   #664
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by bay37 View Post

Maybe reseller plans come with more bandwidth? Or maybe there is no reason at all. It really doesn't matter what hosting you use. Seriously.

I'm currently putting amazon links on all of my websites, because I'm a little scared of a manual review from Google. Purely MFA sites are not exactly the best way to go IMO, but that is simply my choice. I don't want to risk my Adsense account getting closed. Even if having more links means lower ad ctr.

I'm currently posting 10 product reviews per website, then I SB the site to 25 do follow SB sites (manually). Then I wait for a day or two and see how I'm doing in Google. Then I submit 1-2 articles per website to UAW. Then about 3-5 days later do another 25 SBs and keep posting articles to UAW until I hit top 3 (or top 5) in Google.

I write about 3-4k words worth of content every day (5 days a week). Writing content takes me ~3hours. Then I set up 2 websites (I have a VPS), configure WP, change the template (I don't use any plugins as I found they don't help at all. Just a waste of time.), add content (pages), do SBs... Slowed down to 2 sites/day.

I'm almost at $20/day now, ~20 days in. Changed my goals to $100/day by 1st of September. I plan to reach $100/day with around 40-50 sites.

Do work. If you work hard enough, success is guaranteed. Its all a numbers game really (and some common sense). Create a system for yourself and follow it every single day. Do not get distracted or discouraged. Things tend to go wrong from time to time, just keep working at it and you will succeed.

Do not look for a magic formula, there isn't one. Start doing.

blah.
Looks like you found the secret

Great post.

XFactor is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 05:59 PM   #665
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by SoundsGood View Post

Does MNF provide all of this data?
Yes it does, and so do other tools.

So you do not have to choose MNF if you need more functions.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 06:27 PM   #666
VIP Warrior
War Room Member
 
Scott Ames's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: West of Rockies
Posts: 2,407
Thanks: 390
Thanked 675 Times in 331 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Well good luck with that. I would hate to have all my eggs in the Google basket. See my thread at: http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-...t-kind-bs.html

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. -Winston Churchill
Scott Ames is offline  
Unread 19th Jul 2009, 09:30 PM   #667
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 452
Thanks: 14
Thanked 47 Times in 41 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

John, I'm wondering what % of articles you submit to directories are on-topic. I've always submitted articles that are related to the niche I'm marketing. I'm curious if you mostly write articles for niches that you have a lot of knowledge in vs trying to research and create additional content in your target niche.

Ben Roy is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 03:31 AM   #668
New Warrior Member
 
iKenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Joseph Johnson View Post

I think people are reading too much into this. Walk into your bathroom, what do you see? I'm pretty sure everyone bathroom is different from the next. Different toothpaste, tooth brush, mirrors, towels, soap, light bulbs, tiles, shower curtain, toilet paper so on and on. John gave one niche as an example, move on. I just gave 9 simple niches, but you still have to do your keyword research. Keep It Simple Simple. At my desk, i got a coffee cup, notepad, tape dispenser, stapler, blackberry phone, markers, computer speaker, flat screen, my desk, pen holder...etc... Again Keep It Simple Simple, do your own research, and test and test.

Here's a few ideas I read from another forum

August Sales Events:

* Back to School - Very decent event. School supplies don’t monetize very well because they are cheap. Target older kids, such as high school and college students. Computers are huge in this event. Same with cellphone and other tech gadgets. Student loans are very hot. Clothing is huge as well.
* Tax-Free Sales Events - Very nice sale but doesn’t perform quite as well as I would expect. However, expensive products make up for lack of volume. Computers, laptops, cellphones and expensive electronics are hot during this time.
* End of Summer - Depressing. Well not the holiday but the end of summer is depressing. Girls start wearing clothes again and the weather gets cold. I hate fall. Nothing is pretty in the fall. I could care less about orange leaves, I just want to see skimpy clothing on the ladies. At any rate, end of summer is an “all around” holiday. Most all stores participate. Targeting is some what difficult. Fall clothing is hot… but there is no excitement there.

September Sales Events:

* Labor Day - Good marketing holiday. Office supplies and very hot. Office furniture and computers is very hot. Best Buy is known for their sales event.
* First Day of Fall - Lame. Nothing too eventful. Clothing is popular. JCPenney is hot same with other stores such as Dillards and Macys. Make best use of Labor Day and prepare for a dry period.

October Sales Events:

* Columbus Day - Big event for automotive. They are really trying to push inventory and get ready for next year model vehicles. Pretty decent event on movies, dvds and various video games and electronics. Nothing too explosive.
* Halloween - Amazingly this is a pretty decent holiday. Most stores run sales just to push old inventory and make room for the next year products. October is a pretty big dry period all in all.

November Sales Events:

* Election Day - Lame. Nothing monetizes very well. Bypass and prepare for Veteran’s Day.
* Veteran’s Day - Not too shabby of a holiday. Invest some time into this but don’t miss the windows on Thanksgiving.
$$$ * Thanksgiving Day - Super huge… all in on this holiday. Everything is on sale and stores invest money into huge advertising. You are now entering into the biggest time of year.
$$$ * Black Friday (Busiest Shopping Day) - Amazing… shocking…. grab your kness and kiss your ass. You will make an amazing amount of money. Blog about everything including the kitchen sink. This is your day, this is your moment!
$$$ * Cyber Monday (Internet version of Black Friday) - Back to back.. with BlackFriday… you will NOT sleep, if you do you are stupid. This four day period should be your busiest time of year as a blogger and you should have invested all your time and energy into both these two sales events combined. You can make more money during these two periods than you can almost with any three other campaigns combined. If you don’t plan ahead than this business just isn’t for you. Plus it’s all you got until Christmas.

December Sales Events:

* First Day of Winter - Boring. Lame. Stupid. Don’t waste time with this. Use the down time to prepare for Christmas, End of Year and New Years.
$$$ * Christmas - Super mad man crazy for marketing. This is your show boat. This is a time for NO sleeping. A lot of money can be made during this time of year.
$$$ * End of Year - Very profitable and a great way to closeout the year. Get your quick “Bang” in and then quickly prepare for Super Bowl and New Years Sales.
Hey Joeseph,
Great post. Hot ideas to conjure more hot ideas along with a fun-read

I'm gonna print this out and add it to the Adsense strategy file.

Thanks again.
iKenT
iKenT is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 03:42 AM   #669
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

XFactor (John) seems like a GREAT guy to know - I'm so glad I found this thread!

dawei888 is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 03:45 AM   #670
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: From $150 to $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

Nothing crazy, like always: 1 Adsense block above the content.

The trick is the niche itself - people searching for products and product
prices/deals just love to click.

I've been working smarter, not harder.

- John
I could not agree w/John more. My AdSense words way better on sites/pages that are very product-oriented. thanks, david

dawei888 is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 05:06 AM   #671
New Warrior Member
 
iKenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by XFactor View Post


Also, I too am technically challenged. And because of this I strongly
advise that you get XsitePro.

It's very easy to use.

- John
Newbie on the loose here.

Does anyone know of a Mac software counterpart to XsitePro?

XsitePro is for Windows.

And I prefer not to use any VM like Parallels or VWWare.

Pure Mac. Thank you for your time and suggestions.
iKenT
iKenT is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 09:17 AM   #672
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Gunter Eibl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Posts: 242
Thanks: 13
Thanked 22 Times in 12 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

I do not link any of my sites together.
- John
Better this way. If you link your sites together then Google will shut your Adsense account down sooner or later and also ban all sites that are linked together from Google. This happened to me some time ago. This is really something you should stay away from lol.

There are a couple of things that will get you killed sooner or later. An Adsense account ban sucks. Even worse when your sites are erased from Google search as well.

Gunter

Gunter Eibl is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 09:43 AM   #673
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 710
Thanks: 114
Thanked 140 Times in 85 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Gunter Eibl View Post

There are a couple of things that will get you killed sooner or later.
Tell me more please.
bay37 is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 10:51 AM   #674
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 15
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

What are you guys putting on your About Us and Contact Us type pages. are you using site/niche specific content and keyword*at*gmail*com for example. Or do you have all contact info going back to the same email address or phone number?
blaine41 is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 11:05 AM   #675
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: , , .
Posts: 36
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Ben Roy View Post

John, I'm wondering what % of articles you submit to directories are on-topic. I've always submitted articles that are related to the niche I'm marketing. I'm curious if you mostly write articles for niches that you have a lot of knowledge in vs trying to research and create additional content in your target niche.
I was curious about this too.
Also, if you're writing in directories that are off topic in order to do backlinking, are you doing keyword research within those off topic niches?
What do you do with your off topic articles to make sure they are visible so that people are reading them and ultimately doing the backlinks (from the bio box) to your on topic website?

Thanks
Angela

www.assist-techvirtualservices.com
Project Management for busy Internet Marketing professionals
angelah is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 11:45 AM   #676
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 28
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Thanks for this list. I can't believe you earn $300 a day! I just started my website and I'm trying to promote it but its pretty hard lol.

www.cpugamers.com
exodian1 is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 12:05 PM   #677
Passive Income Specialist
War Room Member
 
Kael41's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 1,076
Thanks: 10
Thanked 187 Times in 116 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Guys, $300 a day is nice for sure, but there's a ton of people making a whoooole lot more per day. Shoot for the sky is what I'm saying! This stuff works. Take action, take action, take action.
Kael41 is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 12:28 PM   #678
New Warrior Member
 
Riposte's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 19
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Gunter Eibl View Post

If you link your sites together then Google will shut your Adsense account down sooner or later and also ban all sites that are linked together from Google. This happened to me some time ago.
What exactly did you do, with respect to linking your sites together? And what did Google specifically provide as the reason for your ban?

I can't find anything in their TOS or Program Policies that says you can't place a link on your site to one of your other sites.

Did you have reciprocal links or something? I have some one way links between some of my sites, but none are reciprocal, and I wonder if that will be a problem.
Riposte is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 01:14 PM   #679
Active Warrior
 
Michael Gavre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 67
Thanks: 27
Thanked 22 Times in 11 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

John,

According to your e-mails and your website you stated: "...therefore the official date of the course will be Monday, July 20th."

Are you still on track to release your product today?

I Hope so, been waiting forever (or so it seems...)

Michael

Funnels Dramatically Increase Conversions !! Let me Give you a FREE FUNNEL !!
Michael Gavre is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 01:17 PM   #680
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Ben Roy View Post

John, I'm wondering what % of articles you submit to directories are on-topic. I've always submitted articles that are related to the niche I'm marketing. I'm curious if you mostly write articles for niches that you have a lot of knowledge in vs trying to research and create additional content in your target niche.
I'd say only 1 out of 10 articles that I write are on-topic.

That is why I can write 20 articles in about 5 hours or less.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 01:21 PM   #681
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by exodian1 View Post

Thanks for this list. I can't believe you earn $300 a day! I just started my website and I'm trying to promote it but its pretty hard lol.
I've been at this for almost 4 years now, working every possible angle.

There are many ways to work this business. I just happen to stumble
on the micro-site approach that seems to grow quickly.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 01:23 PM   #682
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Michael Gavre View Post

John,

According to your e-mails and your website you stated: "...therefore the official date of the course will be Monday, July 20th."

Are you still on track to release your product today?

I Hope so, been waiting forever (or so it seems...)

Michael
Yes it's almost ready. I have never written an e-book before, and
totally underestimated every little task.

Just about there though.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 01:25 PM   #683
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by angelah View Post

I was curious about this too.
Also, if you're writing in directories that are off topic in order to do backlinking, are you doing keyword research within those off topic niches?
What do you do with your off topic articles to make sure they are visible so that people are reading them and ultimately doing the backlinks (from the bio box) to your on topic website?

Thanks
Angela
Well you can't really expect too many clicks from the off-topic articles.

Seriously, I don't put too much thought into all of this. I used to. I really
used to stress over every approach possible with article marketing.

Now I just write articles I enjoy, and have my sites promoted in the
resource boxes.

The rest will take care if itself.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 01:32 PM   #684
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 884
Thanks: 6
Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

Yes it's almost ready. I have never written an e-book before, and totally underestimated every little task.

Just about there though.
Take your time. I'd rather it be thorough than rushed.
SoundsGood is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 02:08 PM   #685
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 80
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by SoundsGood View Post

Take your time. I'd rather it be thorough than rushed.
Same, but i have to admit...i have been refreshing my inbox all morning ><
amerigo is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 03:01 PM   #686
Lead Button Pusher
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 60
Thanks: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by amerigo View Post

Same, but i have to admit...i have been refreshing my inbox all morning ><
lol...me too!
Matt Johnson is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 03:04 PM   #687
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
kkrueger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Perris,CA , USA.
Posts: 224
Thanks: 96
Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Oh You guys!!! I thought it was just me...I can't wait anymore...I'm gonna have to go out for awhile.

Hopefully when I get back there will be a surprise in the inbox LOL

Take care...and much success to everyone...

Karen
kkrueger is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 04:01 PM   #688
VIP Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,848
Thanks: 667
Thanked 1,048 Times in 689 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I have read this thread (over a period of weeks) in it's entirety, and the information here is incredible. I cannot thank XFactor and all other contributors enough! One thing is puzzling me still however, and I sincerely apologize if the question has indeed been covered already -- I tried to find/refind the answer, but I couldn't...

Basically.... to me (and I'm sure to the team at Google), any site which is built around specific products (or a group of products) and is monetized only by Adsense could be defined as being MFA (Made For Adsense), which is of course strictly against Googles terms of service.

What steps could we take to ensure we are not banned or penalized because of this? Should we only go so far in optimizing our sites for a better CTR, etc?

Do Google not mind so long as the content you have on your site is of good quality (readable, makes sense, and offers some value - even if only by reinforcing or encouraging a persons purchase decision, by way of a review)?

Personally, unless a site is built purely for the purpose of promoting specific products through affiliate links (in which case the reviews are normally biased), I am normally appreciative of the reviews I read and consider them to have been of value in helping me make purchase decisions and to find good deals. I'm just unsure as to whether Google understands this and sees things this way too... and also about what we can do to ensure as best as possible that Google does look favourably enough upon our sites to let them remain active on the Adsense program (and in the search results!)

I'm trying to be doubly careful because at the moment I'm planning to use a single domain (with subdomains) for each of my sites until I'm earning enough of income that I can afford to begin purchasing seperate domains for each -- right now I'm flat out broke, you see
DireStraits is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 06:10 PM   #689
Active Warrior
 
Michael Gavre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 67
Thanks: 27
Thanked 22 Times in 11 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Still refreshing my inbox... I'm gonna go for a run, maybe it'll be here when I get back.

Funnels Dramatically Increase Conversions !! Let me Give you a FREE FUNNEL !!
Michael Gavre is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 07:18 PM   #690
McT
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: , , .
Posts: 101
Thanks: 432
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Just wondering if anyone has had any success in using this method with a wordpress theme and if so what theme they used?

Thanks

Thanks to John as well for all this great information!

Best Regards
Barb
McT is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 07:25 PM   #691
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by mderbyshire View Post

I have read this thread (over a period of weeks) in it's entirety, and the information here is incredible. I cannot thank XFactor and all other contributors enough! One thing is puzzling me still however, and I sincerely apologize if the question has indeed been covered already -- I tried to find/refind the answer, but I couldn't...

Basically.... to me (and I'm sure to the team at Google), any site which is built around specific products (or a group of products) and is monetized only by Adsense could be defined as being MFA (Made For Adsense), which is of course strictly against Googles terms of service.

What steps could we take to ensure we are not banned or penalized because of this? Should we only go so far in optimizing our sites for a better CTR, etc?

Do Google not mind so long as the content you have on your site is of good quality (readable, makes sense, and offers some value - even if only by reinforcing or encouraging a persons purchase decision, by way of a review)?

Personally, unless a site is built purely for the purpose of promoting specific products through affiliate links (in which case the reviews are normally biased), I am normally appreciative of the reviews I read and consider them to have been of value in helping me make purchase decisions and to find good deals. I'm just unsure as to whether Google understands this and sees things this way too... and also about what we can do to ensure as best as possible that Google does look favourably enough upon our sites to let them remain active on the Adsense program (and in the search results!)

I'm trying to be doubly careful because at the moment I'm planning to use a single domain (with subdomains) for each of my sites until I'm earning enough of income that I can afford to begin purchasing seperate domains for each -- right now I'm flat out broke, you see
The rule is an oxymoron, but it does cause confusion.

I honestly believe that our sites are in good terms with Google, yet
those sites that are sold as PLR in droves of hundreds and thousands
may just be the "MFA" they are referring to.

In the end, what can you do? Google is a mysterious beast.

Contact them for all of your questions. This is your best bet.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 07:27 PM   #692
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Michael Gavre View Post

Still refreshing my inbox... I'm gonna go for a run, maybe it'll be here when I get back.
It's going to be another couple of days guys.

I completely underestimated the time it takes to write my first
E-book, but this week for sure.

Don't worry, the internet is not going anywhere this week

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 07:38 PM   #693
VIP Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,848
Thanks: 667
Thanked 1,048 Times in 689 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by McT View Post

Just wondering if anyone has had any success in using this method with a wordpress theme and if so what theme they used?

Thanks

Thanks to John as well for all this great information!

Best Regards
Barb
I'm just starting out with this, and although I've not got my sites up yet, I'm planning on using WordPress for it (at least until I can afford to buy other software.. might well end up using XSitePro eventually when I have the money). Just take a pretty simple theme that is already somewhat close to what John has mentioned in terms of layout, and customize it.. or learn (or pay someone) to make one from scratch, it's not so hard.

As John said, there's no reason why using WordPress should make a blind bit of difference to the results. So long as you're doing your layout and on-page SEO properly and getting backlinks, what your site runs on in the backend or what it's managed with is really of no consequence - they're all just pages on the internet.

Time to get cracking!!!
DireStraits is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 07:40 PM   #694
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , .
Posts: 745
Thanks: 169
Thanked 362 Times in 91 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by McT View Post

Just wondering if anyone has had any success in using this method with a wordpress theme and if so what theme they used?

Thanks

Thanks to John as well for all this great information!

Best Regards
Barb
I have been having great success using Dosh-Dosh's free BlueSense theme. Just wrote about it in another thread.

You can get the theme here: BlueSense: An Adsense Ready SEO Wordpress Theme

Hope that helps~

Mark

= = = = COMPLETE, CUSTOM ADSENSE SITE = = = =
VERY Limited WSO. 100% Guaranteed.

MY Expertise, YOUR Profit.
Read the thread.

Last edited on 20th Jul 2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Removed thread link, don't want to hijaak this thread!
internetmarketer99 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to internetmarketer99 For This Useful Post:
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 07:42 PM   #695
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
terryd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: New Zealand.
Posts: 880
Thanks: 117
Thanked 74 Times in 63 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by McT View Post

Just wondering if anyone has had any success in using this method with a wordpress theme and if so what theme they used?

Thanks

Thanks to John as well for all this great information!

Best Regards
Barb
I've just started building sites focusing on mini niches using wordpress and they seem to work well.

Have built 7 sites and 5 of them are on the front page of google for their keywords (other 2 are hopefully works in progress!)

Will be building 10-15 before really knuckling down and promoting them.

I make my own wordpress themes.
terryd is offline  
Unread 20th Jul 2009, 08:17 PM   #696
dv8
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 374
Thanks: 33
Thanked 70 Times in 29 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Note on blogs vs html sites....

I have 2 sites. One is static html and the other is a WP blog. HTML has been up for a good week and still hasn't been indexed. Blog was indexed in one day. But, it hasn't shown in the rankings yet.

I will probably use blogs just for this reason. At least for now.
dv8 is offline  
Unread 21st Jul 2009, 01:49 AM   #697
New Warrior Member
 
iKenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

It's going to be another couple of days guys.

I completely underestimated the time it takes to write my first
E-book, but this week for sure.

Don't worry, the internet is not going anywhere this week

- John
Hey John,
For me no problemo. In fact this little extra hiatus has given me some time to play around with my VM running Windows XP on my Mac (For Mac curiositees, I'm using Parallels v4-awesome!)

Holy guacamole! Can't tell the difference. Instead of yammering on about this. I have the following request...

'John, help me to help you', by posting your 'Xsite Pro' Affiliate link here in this thread or PM it to me.

Either way, I would like to get it (most likely in Aug after payday)

Mahalo Nui for your Kokua (Hawaiian for 'many thanks' for your 'help')

Ken
iKenT is offline  
Unread 21st Jul 2009, 03:06 AM   #698
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Posts: 146
Thanks: 16
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I didn't want to submit to 25 SB sites at one go, because I was under the impression that it may cause sandboxing. Since it works for you, I'm going to try this out as well - I am doing about a site a day.

Is using UAW really any better than manual submission? I'm submitting to Ezine (for the PR) and GO (for the immediacy) manually. Even though articles on GO are live right away, it hasn't helped get me indexed yet.

Originally Posted by bay37 View Post

Maybe reseller plans come with more bandwidth? Or maybe there is no reason at all. It really doesn't matter what hosting you use. Seriously.

I'm currently putting amazon links on all of my websites, because I'm a little scared of a manual review from Google. Purely MFA sites are not exactly the best way to go IMO, but that is simply my choice. I don't want to risk my Adsense account getting closed. Even if having more links means lower ad ctr.

I'm currently posting 10 product reviews per website, then I SB the site to 25 do follow SB sites (manually). Then I wait for a day or two and see how I'm doing in Google. Then I submit 1-2 articles per website to UAW. Then about 3-5 days later do another 25 SBs and keep posting articles to UAW until I hit top 3 (or top 5) in Google.

I write about 3-4k words worth of content every day (5 days a week). Writing content takes me ~3hours. Then I set up 2 websites (I have a VPS), configure WP, change the template (I don't use any plugins as I found they don't help at all. Just a waste of time.), add content (pages), do SBs... Slowed down to 2 sites/day.

I'm almost at $20/day now, ~20 days in. Changed my goals to $100/day by 1st of September. I plan to reach $100/day with around 40-50 sites.

Do work. If you work hard enough, success is guaranteed. Its all a numbers game really (and some common sense). Create a system for yourself and follow it every single day. Do not get distracted or discouraged. Things tend to go wrong from time to time, just keep working at it and you will succeed.

Do not look for a magic formula, there isn't one. Start doing.

blah.
loybond is offline  
Unread 21st Jul 2009, 06:24 AM   #699
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
JT Philips's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , .
Posts: 70
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

You can get your static html sites indexed within hours if you add an RSS feed and submit it to RSS directories then ping every time you make an addition of new content on your website.
JT Philips is offline  
Unread 21st Jul 2009, 09:52 AM   #700
the world is yours
War Room Member
 
capone2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Oktoberfest
Posts: 417
Thanks: 63
Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

john when do we get the content on your adsense course?... you said 20th

capone2009 is offline  
Closed Thread


Bookmarks

Tags
$150, $300, daily, learned, lessons, months, w or adsense


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:04 PM.