Register Blogs Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 16th Aug 2009, 07:54 PM   #1401
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 209
Thanks: 76
Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

Ted, great source!

I'd like to post this in the members area if you don't mind, giving you full credit of
course

- John
Wonderful John,
Anything to help

Wine - bubbles and more
Cosmo Demopoulos is offline  
Unread 16th Aug 2009, 08:17 PM   #1402
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 63
Thanked 607 Times in 122 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Magy View Post

Ok thanks John.
Well, i will go for that way (for a first try and to get some experience). I am fully prepared with writing now (11 websites built in august and online, waiting for promotion).
I felt the same at first, figured articles were a waste of time.

But as I've wisened up over the years, I'd now rather spend a
few hours each day writing articles that will give me hundreds
of backlinks over time from other webmaster's sites than fiddling
around with social bookmarking sites, signing up with forums
just to post a link to my site, or anything else like that.

But that's just me and my preference.

My way is my way, doesn't have to be your way.

- John

XFactor is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to XFactor For This Useful Post:
Unread 16th Aug 2009, 08:34 PM   #1403
I am Runner
War Room Member
 
bigbyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post

So how do we turn this thing off on our browsers (especially Firefox)? Anyone please?
There you go:

Disable personalized search with this search plugin - Yoast - Tweaking Websites

Life is a journey, not a guided tour
bigbyte is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbyte For This Useful Post:
Unread 16th Aug 2009, 08:57 PM   #1404
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 63
Thanked 607 Times in 122 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Jeremy123 View Post

I know people want to make money fast, but the reality is with seo, things take some time.
Unfortunately, everyone wants money fast and SEO just doesn't work
that way, not to mention all of the other things people do not consider.

That is why I made this thread here a while back:

http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-...y-newbies.html

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 16th Aug 2009, 09:00 PM   #1405
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 63
Thanked 607 Times in 122 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by sarahberra View Post

Very interesting. Will your program be available on clickbank?
Yes, I am considering use Clickbank. Why do you ask?

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 07:58 AM   #1406
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 5 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hey John

Just want to thank you for all your advice. I wrote qite a few pages back hows i used everything you stated in this thread and it applied it. Since then I now have 5 sites up and runnin brining me a total of 14 dollars daily!

I started work on my sites even before a wso was released, and used my common sense to get these sites up and running. All this from a total noobie to any type of marketing, I spent like 4 days learning the ropes of xsite pro, and just followed all your advice.

One thing I wanted to ask you though was regarding amazon affiliates. Right at the beggining of the thread you stated you now include amazon links in your content. Do you include these links in anchor text? What kind of layout should we have these links in the content? I believe this was shown on your website template.

many thanks Rob
latinoman231982 is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 09:37 AM   #1407
HyperActive Warrior
 
benkleiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 178
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hey there: What other easily customizable (no hard coding involved) Wordpress Themes can you suggest besides Thesis?
Maybe Flexxsqueeze ,Atahualpa, iNove?

Any sensitive soul inclined to share any already customized WP theme, please?
I am flat broke and can't spend anything on Xsitepro!


I'd be forever grateful!
Benno
benkleiner is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 09:42 AM   #1408
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 107
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

One question:

I have an older site where I placed an Adsense ad (Graphic Banner).
I am getting 0,12€ for a click (maybe 0,15).
SpyFu is telling me that the Adwords costs are 0,50$ - 1,4$ for my keyword.
How comes that I am paid so low?

Furthermore:
I have found out that I need at least around 100 impressions to get a click.
Taking the amount of money I get for a single click I need 5.000 impressions to earn 5 or 6 dollars. That is anything else than attractive. It could not be worse! Do you guys have better experiences?

Brightlife
BrightLife is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 10:36 AM   #1409
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 5 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Thanks John.

Ive been working non stop, for me it's been hard in the sense of writing out articles daily. Im only churning out 10 articles day maximum, and most of my articles havent been approved yet as Im new to ezine so getting an article right was pretty hard for me to start with.

This is so surprising to me as I realise that if i can do it anyone can, as i dont have any experience in network marketing of any sort. I believe being nieve and believing in something and taking action has led to the success for me so far, and obviously following Johns advice.

People looking into all these stats and stuff would just confuse you, at this moment in time im just looking for a keyword with micro niche finder that I can use, checking competition with market samurai, completing a site in 2 hours and submitting 10 articles them move on. Simpleeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss
latinoman231982 is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 10:53 AM   #1410
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 169
Thanks: 13
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Just want to throw another suggestion out there for those who are having trouble writting articles. This is just an idea! As John suggest writting about Microwave Ovens and the like can get boring when you are writting for the Article Directories. Im working on a site right now just so I can be approved for an Adsens account and once I do I'll start writting articles about information I find in the Public Domain.

I had that idea late last night and you could litteraly creats tons and tons of backlinks if you just find information thats already been written and in the Public Domain. A guy told me once that he created a 500 page Adsense account from one book that he found in the Public Domain so just imagine the possibilities when you are Article Marketing.
Avidpoet is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 03:25 PM   #1411
HyperActive Warrior
 
benkleiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 178
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I have submitted some articles in ezine, goarticles and articlebase with linking to my site in the resource box. All of the articles are live in the respective article directories and indexed in google.When I see the number of backlinks through yahoo site explorer or backlinkwatch, I don't see any backlinks from the articles present in the article directories.

Can anyone explain about it?
Does it take time to see the backlink?

Please help friends.
benkleiner is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 03:32 PM   #1412
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Posts: 76
Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by benkleiner View Post

I have submitted some articles in ezine, goarticles and articlebase with linking to my site in the resource box. All of the articles are live in the respective article directories and indexed in google.When I see the number of backlinks through yahoo site explorer or backlinkwatch, I don't see any backlinks from the articles present in the article directories.

Can anyone explain about it?
Does it take time to see the backlink?

Please help friends.
This is normal. Most back links take weeks to months before they show up.
D3t0x is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 03:37 PM   #1413
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Posts: 76
Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by BrightLife View Post

One question:

I have an older site where I placed an Adsense ad (Graphic Banner).
I am getting 0,12€ for a click (maybe 0,15).
SpyFu is telling me that the Adwords costs are 0,50$ - 1,4$ for my keyword.
How comes that I am paid so low?

Furthermore:
I have found out that I need at least around 100 impressions to get a click.
Taking the amount of money I get for a single click I need 5.000 impressions to earn 5 or 6 dollars. That is anything else than attractive. It could not be worse! Do you guys have better experiences?

Brightlife
You should follow John's template if you want a high CTR. I usually get 20-30 clicks with 100 impressions.
D3t0x is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 04:00 PM   #1414
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 107
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by D3t0x View Post

You should follow John's template if you want a high CTR. I usually get 20-30 clicks with 100 impressions.
I already do it with 4 new sites -
Just wanted to see what happens with some older sites, or better how much money could be earned per click with Adsense anyway.
The problem I mentioned wasn´t the 1% CTR but mainly the amount of money I am paid per click.
Even with a much worse CTR I could earn more with a lousy CPA offer. Or am I overlooking something?
BrightLife is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 04:44 PM   #1415
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 85
Thanks: 20
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by BrightLife View Post

I already do it with 4 new sites -
Just wanted to see what happens with some older sites, or better how much money could be earned per click with Adsense anyway.
The problem I mentioned wasn´t the 1% CTR but mainly the amount of money I am paid per click.
Even with a much worse CTR I could earn more with a lousy CPA offer. Or am I overlooking something?
Is the 50c - $1.50 on Spyfu what the advertiser is paying Google, not what you as a publisher receive? Don't forget big G takes their cut.
Bounderby is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 04:57 PM   #1416
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 75
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Wow Thanks John, Can I ask what products are you talking about? Can you give me any ideas? I would really appreciate it a lot. I got adsense site earning only cents a day Thanks

bbenson19 is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 05:08 PM   #1417
The Nichetracker
War Room Member
 
Loloy Diango's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 460
Thanks: 245
Thanked 85 Times in 62 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by bbenson19 View Post

Wow Thanks John, Can I ask what products are you talking about? Can you give me any ideas? I would really appreciate it a lot. I got adsense site earning only cents a day Thanks
Please, please. I know you're new, you've just stumbled on this thread, you're looking to earn some money online, you're excited to jump into this Adsense stuff.

But please, read the entire thread. Spend time reading each post. So you don't have to ask what many others have already asked.

Or better still, pay for the course. I think that's the best thing for you to do.

Good luck!


Loloy Diango is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 08:04 PM   #1418
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 63
Thanked 607 Times in 122 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by latinoman231982 View Post

Hey John

Just want to thank you for all your advice. I wrote qite a few pages back hows i used everything you stated in this thread and it applied it. Since then I now have 5 sites up and runnin brining me a total of 14 dollars daily!

I started work on my sites even before a wso was released, and used my common sense to get these sites up and running. All this from a total noobie to any type of marketing, I spent like 4 days learning the ropes of xsite pro, and just followed all your advice.

One thing I wanted to ask you though was regarding amazon affiliates. Right at the beggining of the thread you stated you now include amazon links in your content. Do you include these links in anchor text? What kind of layout should we have these links in the content? I believe this was shown on your website template.

many thanks Rob
I have sinced removed all affiliate links from my sites (my personal choice).

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 08:06 PM   #1419
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 63
Thanked 607 Times in 122 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by benkleiner View Post

Hey there: What other easily customizable (no hard coding involved) Wordpress Themes can you suggest besides Thesis?
Maybe Flexxsqueeze ,Atahualpa, iNove?

Any sensitive soul inclined to share any already customized WP theme, please?
I am flat broke and can't spend anything on Xsitepro!


I'd be forever grateful!
Benno
I know times are tough, but this is a business, and you need to be willing
to spend some money starting a business.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 08:07 PM   #1420
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 63
Thanked 607 Times in 122 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by BrightLife View Post

One question:

I have an older site where I placed an Adsense ad (Graphic Banner).
I am getting 0,12€ for a click (maybe 0,15).
SpyFu is telling me that the Adwords costs are 0,50$ - 1,4$ for my keyword.
How comes that I am paid so low?

Furthermore:
I have found out that I need at least around 100 impressions to get a click.
Taking the amount of money I get for a single click I need 5.000 impressions to earn 5 or 6 dollars. That is anything else than attractive. It could not be worse! Do you guys have better experiences?

Brightlife
I believe that we get 50% of each click.

And my template may not work so well on older sites, or non-product
niches.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 08:08 PM   #1421
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 63
Thanked 607 Times in 122 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by benkleiner View Post

I have submitted some articles in ezine, goarticles and articlebase with linking to my site in the resource box. All of the articles are live in the respective article directories and indexed in google.When I see the number of backlinks through yahoo site explorer or backlinkwatch, I don't see any backlinks from the articles present in the article directories.

Can anyone explain about it?
Does it take time to see the backlink?

Please help friends.
SEO take time, LOTS of time.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 08:09 PM   #1422
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 63
Thanked 607 Times in 122 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by bbenson19 View Post

Wow Thanks John, Can I ask what products are you talking about? Can you give me any ideas? I would really appreciate it a lot. I got adsense site earning only cents a day Thanks
:rolleyes:

XFactor is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 08:13 PM   #1423
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Chris Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Shreveport, LA - the crotch of the world!
Posts: 1,190
Thanks: 138
Thanked 151 Times in 96 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

:rolleyes:
Yeah, really...

Sigh.

Ok, sure. You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/Chris_Hunter ;)
Chris Hunter is offline  
Unread 17th Aug 2009, 08:40 PM   #1424
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 63
Thanked 607 Times in 122 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by BrightLife View Post

I already do it with 4 new sites -

The problem I mentioned wasn´t the 1% CTR but mainly the amount of money I am paid per click.
Even with a much worse CTR I could earn more with a lousy CPA offer. Or am I overlooking something?
Yep, you're right - you could earn much more money with CPA, although
I would approach CPA from a COMPLETELY different business model.

I never got into Adsense for the money, I'm in love with the program

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 05:18 AM   #1425
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
TristanPerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Posts: 759
Thanks: 168
Thanked 147 Times in 102 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Yesterday I finished reading this entire thread After about page 12/13 the questions start repeating, but the advice throughout is golden Thanks a lot John (and all) who have contributed to this thread.

I created my first micro niche website two days ago. The keyword has just over 4k exact searches and just over 1k search results (all amazon, eBay - i.e. low competition ones). After social bookmarking it and submitting two articles to GoArticles (and having 10 only pending for eZineArticles, since I'm new) I got this to about rank 6 or 7 in Google yesterday (it took about 24 hours for this static site to get indexed)

I also learnt that Google Webmasters really isn't great to rely on. I was checking it loads yesterday and then again when I woke up today and it kept saying it wasn't indexed. But then I Googled "site:[my site.com]" and it had been indexed for 12 hours, doh!

I didn't use MNF mainly due to the cost (am trying to keep my costs down at the moment), although I found my keyword after about 5 minutes of doing it manually. That's good enough for me (time wise) for now

This seems a golden idea. I'll keep working away at it but I can definitely see the potential in it

Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
TristanPerry is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 05:26 AM   #1426
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: Pennsylvania, , .
Posts: 191
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi John,
Sent you a PM

Bob A
Bob A is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 06:47 AM   #1427
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: , , .
Posts: 70
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi John


I am impressed by how you managed to keep an interesting thread for so long when most threads die quickly into sterile discussions. You probably have material to write a new ebook :-) Anyhow, congratulations and thanks



I have a few questions too

1) How long do you register your domains ? 1year ? two years ? more ?
Have you noticed any difference betwwen a 1year and longer registrations ?



2) You report a high CTR of 50 to 75%
Is it due primarily to

- the choice of the keyword (anyone would get the same CTR for the same target keyword)

- the content (preselling, boring, reviews, standard text...)

- the template

- ... ?

My guess is that you entertain people with interesting talk, but you don't provide the price, so people have to click. However, it does not fit with the position of your ad block.


3)
I am far from having your CTR, but my eCPM is routinely 50$ per 1000 views, so about the same as you (with a different business approach of course).

Interestingly, I have found recently that my most profitable visitors are those who stay the longest on my pages. It was a surprize because many gurus recommend to have boring content to encourage people to click ads.

Have you noticed something similar ? For example, how long do people stay on your pages ? How long do those who click your ads stay ?

4) Have you tried to use domain names not containing your KW ? Could you give us an idea of how much more difficult it would be to rank (eg: twice as many articles would be needed) ?



Thanks
Remy
aramyus is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 07:38 AM   #1428
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,876
Thanks: 682
Thanked 1,082 Times in 710 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aramyus View Post

Hi John


I am impressed by how you managed to keep an interesting thread for so long when most threads die quickly into sterile discussions. You probably have material to write a new ebook :-) Anyhow, congratulations and thanks



I have a few questions too

1) How long do you register your domains ? 1year ? two years ? more ?
Have you noticed any difference betwwen a 1year and longer registrations ?



2) You report a high CTR of 50 to 75%
Is it due primarily to

- the choice of the keyword (anyone would get the same CTR for the same target keyword)

- the content (preselling, boring, reviews, standard text...)

- the template

- ... ?

My guess is that you entertain people with interesting talk, but you don't provide the price, so people have to click. However, it does not fit with the position of your ad block.


3)
I am far from having your CTR, but my eCPM is routinely 50$ per 1000 views, so about the same as you (with a different business approach of course).

Interestingly, I have found recently that my most profitable visitors are those who stay the longest on my pages. It was a surprize because many gurus recommend to have boring content to encourage people to click ads.

Have you noticed something similar ? For example, how long do people stay on your pages ? How long do those who click your ads stay ?

4) Have you tried to use domain names not containing your KW ? Could you give us an idea of how much more difficult it would be to rank (eg: twice as many articles would be needed) ?



Thanks
Remy
Whilst I don't want to speak for John (since you were asking him the questions), I thought I'd provide some input into your questions based on what I understand and have read.

1) Whilst domain age is taken into account by Google to get an idea of the trustworthyness of a domain, I don't think the amount of time a domain name is registered for really makes that much of a difference, if any at all. Besides, it'd be somewhat silly to splash out on more than a years registration up-front when you cannot even be sure if the site will take off and may well have to be dropped at some point. I'd say just register for a year - no need for any more yet.

2) John has stated before that he believes it's a combination of all things. The types of keywords he advises using are product keywords -- buying keywords as appose to merely information keywords (e.g: instead of "dog training information", "Treetz dog training lead". However, you can have all the traffic and people in the right clicking/buying state of mind all your want, but if your template sucks you're not going to draw enough attention to your ads, nor get enough resultant clicks. As for content, attempting to make it boring or crappy on purpose will only put you in a negative light if Google decides to review your site manually. Better to write quality (accurate and factual but not trying to be humorous/entertaining) content that Google will look fondly upon. In the end, you're writing about product description. What they're reading probably isn't much different to what they've already read or know from elsewhere -- just worded different. In that respect, they'll probably not be that interested in reading it from start to finish anyway. But the main thing is that you have few or no other exit points on your pages (in the template and content) other than the ads for them to click on.

3) --

4) It'd be impossible for John or anyone else to really say what level of disadvantage not having the keyword in your domain would give you. Whilst it's clear that having the KW in the domain is an advantage for SEO, really the amount of advantage it gives you depends entirely on a case-by-case, keyword-by-keyword, niche-by-niche basis, and the strength of the competition factirs in much more than just whether or not they too have the keywords in the domain. It factors in quality and relevance of content, number of backlinks and PR of backlinks, relevancy of backlinks, domain age, bla bla, yadda yadda. Theres no real answer. The best advice is to just buy a domain with the keyword in it, put your site up and test. If you really don't or cannot buy a domain with your keyword in it - don't. Still put your site up and build links and test.
DireStraits is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 07:41 AM   #1429
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 708
Thanks: 119
Thanked 140 Times in 85 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aramyus View Post

4) Have you tried to use domain names not containing your KW ? Could you give us an idea of how much more difficult it would be to rank (eg: twice as many articles would be needed) ?
I have. A lot more difficult. For the same keyword? I would say 5-10 times more work (as in 3 articles <-> 20-30 articles).
bay37 is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 08:34 AM   #1430
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
TristanPerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Posts: 759
Thanks: 168
Thanked 147 Times in 102 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by bay37 View Post

I have. A lot more difficult. For the same keyword? I would say 5-10 times more work (as in 3 articles <-> 20-30 articles).
Yep, I'd agree with this.

Part of the point is about having the keyword in the domain, in the <title> tags, and in the <h1> tags (if I understand it all correctly)

Google, especially the new Caffeine update being worked on, holds in high regard the keywords in the domain and the title/heading tags.

That's why a generic domain (i.e. a one word .com which costs $xxx,xxx - obviously out of reach of all of us) is worth so much - because it's a perfect keyword domain and so it's perfect to shoot right up the Google rankings.

As for the answer to the other questions - just my opinion here:

1) The length of registration wouldn't matter IMO. Google does look at how long a domain has been registered, but I doubt they'd look at how long a domain has been registered for. Sometimes it may just be down to cost, I'm sure Google would understand that. Some of my best domains (even $x,xxx ones) are only registered for 2-3 years (for now; will extend as necessary, of course)

2) The website design is quite plain which prompts the user to view the adverts. The content must be of decent quality (otherwise there's nothing for Google to index ), but the whole point is getting a design and keywords which will bring in very targetted visitors who will be likely to click the adverts.

Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
TristanPerry is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 09:20 AM   #1431
HyperActive Warrior
 
Riposte's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 153
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

What are everyone's thoughts on the number of pages to have on your sites? Is anyone noticing any relationship between traffic/rankings and 5-10+ pages of content? Or is just 1 page enough?

I've built about 20 of these sites now, mostly with 1-3 pages of content, but traffic is pretty negligible, even when I rank on the first page.
Riposte is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 09:22 AM   #1432
Passive Income Specialist
War Room Member
 
Kael41's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 1,227
Thanks: 11
Thanked 190 Times in 119 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I shoot for sites with a min buildout of 5-10 pages each, with at least 2 pages of posts (for the wordpress people).
Kael41 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Kael41 For This Useful Post:
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 09:25 AM   #1433
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: , , .
Posts: 70
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Thanks all to your comments and answers to my questions

A couple of points worth discussing more:

Whilst domain age is taken into account by Google to get an idea of the trustworthyness of a domain, I don't think the amount of time a domain name is registered for really makes that much of a difference, if any at all. Besides, it'd be somewhat silly to splash out on more than a years registration up-front when you cannot even be sure if the site will take off and may well have to be dropped at some point. I'd say just register for a year - no need for any more yet
Personally, I systematically register my domains for 2 years minimum. That's a bit irrational I admit, but since I do not create throw away sites, the additional cost is minimal.

For the same keyword? I would say 5-10 times more work (as in 3 articles <-> 20-30 articles).
That's an interesting result... Glad we have some real experiments to rely on.


John has stated before that he believes it's a combination of all things. The types of keywords he advises using are product keywords -- buying keywords as appose to merely information keywords (e.g: instead of "dog training information", "Treetz dog training lead". However, you can have all the traffic and people in the right clicking/buying state of mind all your want, but if your template sucks you're not going to draw enough attention to your ads, nor get enough resultant clicks. As for content, attempting to make it boring or crappy on purpose will only put you in a negative light if Google decides to review your site manually. Better to write quality (accurate and factual but not trying to be humorous/entertaining) content that Google will look fondly upon. In the end, you're writing about product description. What they're reading probably isn't much different to what they've already read or know from elsewhere -- just worded different. In that respect, they'll probably not be that interested in reading it from start to finish anyway. But the main thing is that you have few or no other exit points on your pages (in the template and content) other than the ads for them to click on
That's an interesting point too. I pretty much agree that crappy content is not favorable, but it does not fit very well with the rather general observation that click rates are higher with a big ad square above the fold. I though people were too lazy to go up.

Remy
aramyus is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 10:18 AM   #1434
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: , , .
Posts: 579
Thanks: 23
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Riposte View Post


I've built about 20 of these sites now, mostly with 1-3 pages of content, but traffic is pretty negligible, even when I rank on the first page.
Do these keywords get enough searches? I notice that my keywords which have only about 1000 searches get very minimal traffic even if they are #3-#10 on page 1 of Google. However, those with searches over 3000 do a bit better even with position #5-#7.

JB
Be Debt Free is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Be Debt Free For This Useful Post:
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 10:51 AM   #1435
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: , , Israel.
Posts: 608
Thanks: 169
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default
Backlinks To Pages Also?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi John,

Just finished reading thread.
Maybe this question has been answered, i don't know.

I would like to know the following:
When you submit articles to article directories, do you only link
to main domain or do you link to internal pages also?

Does linking to internal pages improves ranking of internal pages?

Thanks.
Boris_yo is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 11:34 AM   #1436
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,876
Thanks: 682
Thanked 1,082 Times in 710 Posts
Default
Re: Backlinks To Pages Also?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Boris_yo View Post

Hi John,

Just finished reading thread.
Maybe this question has been answered, i don't know.

I would like to know the following:
When you submit articles to article directories, do you only link
to main domain or do you link to internal pages also?

Does linking to internal pages improves ranking of internal pages?

Thanks.
John said that he often links to both his main domain and to specific pages within the domain. Most article directories will let you put a couple of links in the author bio box, so you may as well take advantage of them.

Backlinks to any page (either main index page or specific pages within your sites) will always help rankings, so it can only be a good thing.
DireStraits is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 03:16 PM   #1437
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 13
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 1 Post
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by TristanPerry View Post

Yesterday I finished reading this entire thread After about page 12/13 the questions start repeating, but the advice throughout is golden Thanks a lot John (and all) who have contributed to this thread.

I created my first micro niche website two days ago. The keyword has just over 4k exact searches and just over 1k search results (all amazon, eBay - i.e. low competition ones). After social bookmarking it and submitting two articles to GoArticles (and having 10 only pending for eZineArticles, since I'm new) I got this to about rank 6 or 7 in Google yesterday (it took about 24 hours for this static site to get indexed)

I also learnt that Google Webmasters really isn't great to rely on. I was checking it loads yesterday and then again when I woke up today and it kept saying it wasn't indexed. But then I Googled "site:[my site.com]" and it had been indexed for 12 hours, doh!

I didn't use MNF mainly due to the cost (am trying to keep my costs down at the moment), although I found my keyword after about 5 minutes of doing it manually. That's good enough for me (time wise) for now

This seems a golden idea. I'll keep working away at it but I can definitely see the potential in it
Did you used a KW-domain? Becouse i'm going to do the same job with some Amazon products. But with a subdomain i didn't got a better rank than >#11. Sure, i should work a little harder on backlinks and put some more content on it. But if you managed it within 2 days to get on page one, im going to get an own kw-domain.

And yes, google webmaster tool is a little bit slow. For my sites it need 2 to one week to get up to date.

No one needs to buy mnf to find good keywords. Just search down the recent articles on goarticle and you will find some nice niche keywords.
Shutz is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 03:26 PM   #1438
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
TristanPerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Posts: 759
Thanks: 168
Thanked 147 Times in 102 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Shutz View Post

Did you used a KW-domain? Becouse i'm going to do the same job with some Amazon products. But with a subdomain i didn't got a better rank than >#11. Sure, i should work a little harder on backlinks and put some more content on it. But if you managed it within 2 days to get on page one, im going to get an own kw-domain.

And yes, google webmaster tool is a little bit slow. For my sites it need 2 to one week to get up to date.

No one needs to buy mnf to find good keywords. Just search down the recent articles on goarticle and you will find some nice niche keywords.
Yep, via a keyword domain I've been into web development and domaining for years now (but not IM or anything as cool as this thread's idea ), and from my own experiences, it's always much better to build a website like this (i.e. a KW-oriented website) around a dedicated KW-domain.

I agree with that re: MNF. I think it speeds things up, but really the basic process needed is:

Check Google AdWords Keywords Tool
>> Select "Exact" results, and order by the "Global" heading
>> Find search results around 1.5k - 6k
>> Check these keywords in Google, with quotes around them, and see how many indexed results they get

This is all I do. If there's not many results returned (anything below 7.5k is fine by me; depending on global search results), I consider this keyword. I then also check the strength (via PR and common sense) of the sites on the first page, and check the value of clicks via SpyFu.

Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
TristanPerry is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 03:58 PM   #1439
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 13
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 1 Post
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Alright. I just bought a kw-domain (.net). Lets see how it runs for me :-)

I'm going to put on a wordpress script.

The keyword (just 1(one) word) has 5.600 searches/month. The cpc is at 0,75 € (i'm from germany). I doesn't looked for a real good payed kw, just for one, where i also can get some other keywords in nearly the same niche. For the keyword google shows 44k results. First is ebay, second and third is amazon(.de).

If this is really going to work and brings me some euros, i have lots of other keywords, with many more searches/month (~50k-90k). And amazon is all the time on the first positions.
Shutz is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 04:04 PM   #1440
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
TristanPerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Posts: 759
Thanks: 168
Thanked 147 Times in 102 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Sounds good, best of luck with it It can take some effort (the KW I chosen had very low competition), but I'm sure it'll be worth it, especially with 5.6k searches/month

Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
TristanPerry is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 05:16 PM   #1441
Adwords Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: london
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hello everyone , I have beenfollowing this thread for a while now, Yes < i agree with TristanPerry, generally as a rule of thumb - i usually take on kw of minimum 3k searches , so all the best .

"Adwords Marketing Warning ! Do not use Google Adwords untill you have seen this video "
dynamicadwords is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 09:16 PM   #1442
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

i heard people say google adsense ban those high CTR account...yours not affected?
vivagogo is offline  
Unread 18th Aug 2009, 09:35 PM   #1443
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Posts: 76
Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by vivagogo View Post

i heard people say google adsense ban those high CTR account...yours not affected?
Google won't ban for high CTR unless they detect some sort of fraud.
D3t0x is offline  
Unread 19th Aug 2009, 12:54 AM   #1444
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
terryd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: New Zealand.
Posts: 1,305
Thanks: 118
Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by prawn_86 View Post

My (limited) exeprience tells me to be very weary of google. They tend to ban people with no warning and no explanation.

Make sure you withdraw all your cash ASAP and be prepared to lose a months worth of revenue if you ever do get banned.
I would rather take the "chance" rather than sit here and do nothing, watching other people make money............
terryd is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to terryd For This Useful Post:
Unread 19th Aug 2009, 01:14 AM   #1445
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 317
Thanks: 1
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Google does not ban you unless you break their TOS,
high click-thrus are fine, why wouldn't they be if they are legit.
Jeremy123 is offline  
Unread 19th Aug 2009, 05:41 AM   #1446
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
TristanPerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Posts: 759
Thanks: 168
Thanked 147 Times in 102 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by terryd View Post

I would rather take the "chance" rather than sit here and do nothing, watching other people make money............
Agreed.

Plus if worst did come to worst (which it shouldn't if you place adverts in a good position and have good content), you can always go with another advertising company. Obviously not an ideal situation, but it doesn't matter too much.

Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
TristanPerry is offline  
Unread 19th Aug 2009, 07:20 AM   #1447
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , United Kingdom.
Posts: 56
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Some great tip and info here guys.

Lets just say I will be looking at google with a whole new point of view from now on.

Get Instant Access To my Top 10 Blogging Tools & Resources dld.bz/fJH6e
jrptr is offline  
Unread 19th Aug 2009, 10:06 AM   #1448
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 877
Thanks: 4
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by John McEachern View Post

Just a quick question if anybody has any insight on this. I read somewhere that Google starts discounting backlinks that keep coming in from the same IP address like Ezine Articles. So, after a while, you reach a point of diminishing returns with backlinks from one place. Has anyone experienced this kind of thing?
John,

Any input on this topic? I think like after 10 or so to Ezinearticles you may want to submit to other directories like GoArticles and Articlesbase.
mrtrance is offline  
Unread 19th Aug 2009, 11:19 AM   #1449
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , .
Posts: 1,030
Thanks: 174
Thanked 363 Times in 92 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by John McEachern View Post

Just a quick question if anybody has any insight on this. I read somewhere that Google starts discounting backlinks that keep coming in from the same IP address like Ezine Articles. So, after a while, you reach a point of diminishing returns with backlinks from one place. Has anyone experienced this kind of thing?
That is the general concensus, and if you think about it, they really have to.

That said, if you're following John's blueprint and done your homework, you're only going after keywords who's current top-spot holders won't require too many backlinks to compete with. Also, you should spread your article submission out across multiple article directories.

For me, I'm integrating some of my own strategies on the sites I'm doing with John's blueprint, using Comment Kahuna and SocialBot for additional backlinks.

Mark

= = = = COMPLETE, CUSTOM ADSENSE SITE = = = =
VERY Limited WSO. 100% Guaranteed.

MY Expertise, YOUR Profit.
Read the thread.
internetmarketer99 is offline  
Unread 19th Aug 2009, 11:24 AM   #1450
HyperActive Warrior
 
benkleiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 178
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Maybe any sensitive soul can help me out with the Wordpress
version of John's theme, please?
I really got stuck on that.
Thanks a lot
benkleiner is offline  
Closed Thread


Bookmarks

Tags
$150, $300, daily, learned, lessons, months, w or adsense


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:24 AM.