Register Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 09:13 AM   #351
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
LadyL08's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: California
Posts: 203
Thanks: 35
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by raymagnetic View Post

Hi John,

Thanks for the very informative post. It's very much appreciated as I have a couple of websites that have adsense on them but I've never done much to build them up.

You and the other adsense "Goobers" here have really put a battery in my back as far as trying to succeed with adsense.

I've already done several searches of keyword phrases and have found a few that have 12000 visitors per month with only 20,000 competing pages on google.

I'm looking to build a site a day optimized with adsense and doing all of the SEO work for each site on the day it's built.

One question I have however, I noticed you said something about building backlinks slowly, but I have also heard that it doesn't actually matter how fast you build up backlinks to your site. Any opinion on this, or is this too far out of scope for this discussion?
Have you checked the strength of competition? Is your competition authority sites with thousands of backlinks? Do you know if you'll be able to get to #1? Is that 20,000 without quotes (broad search)?
(I'm asking these to help in my thought process as well.)

LadyL
LadyL08 is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 10:06 AM   #352
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Drikus Botha View Post

I'm so glad to see that Adsense is not just a pipe-dream but a reality. I know that every second person warns against Google and I can understand it but I also see huge websites using Adsense for a very long time.

It really inspires me when I read the lessons learned by my fellow members. I've been making some income from Adsense but not nearly as much as $300 a day. The great thing that helps in my case is the currency of my country. I get about R8.50 for $1.

I dream about the day that I make $300 a day because that would be R2550 a day and that would amount to R76500 a month. Not bad in a country where the top salaries are about R30 000 per month.

Thank you all for the great information.
The issue is mental, really.

How many times do you see Adsense bashed on the forums? LOTS!

Eventually, this takes a toll on the mind, causes you to lose confidence.

Hey, nothing is perfect, and I know there will always be a better way
to make money, a faster way, a safer way, etc. etc.

So you have to decide, "I want to make this work," and just do it.

Stay dedicated. Give yourself 1 year to give this business everything
you've got.

So what if Adsense is risky? You do not have to do this forever.

But if you are excited about it, then do yourself a favor and associate
with only like-minded people, while ignoring everyone else's negative
attitude about Adsense.

- John

XFactor is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to XFactor For This Useful Post:
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 10:07 AM   #353
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2003
Location: Sunny Florida, USA.
Posts: 925
Thanks: 87
Thanked 152 Times in 137 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

John,

If you notice that your page drops down in search engines do you improve it basically by submitting new articles to the article directories? Or do you add more pages to the site itself?

You told someone earlier that you use articles now for backlinks and don't sweat over the keywords. Do you still try to focus the article titles on some good keywords (but not ones that will compete with your site)? I too find that they often will outrank my own site due to high pagerank of ezinearticles.

Debbie

Yogini is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 10:11 AM   #354
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by loybond View Post

I was actually just gonna ask how you and others are ranked so quickly. I've started a number of sites in the last few days, and all are in low competition areas, yet none are ranked. Most are indexed, except one, which one seems to have the main page indexed (and that's the one I'm most excited about!).

Also I had started two sites with the approach where each page targets a different keyword phrase. That had worked initially, as many of them were on page 1, but today, no results!

I'll get some articles written and see what that does.
It's all in the keyword.

But...

Like someone else said, getting a niche site up around a keyword
is like playing the lottery.

You never know what you are going to get, or how fast it will rank.

Some sites bomb, most do as well as expected.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 10:13 AM   #355
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by jbgal View Post

John,

Do you use the same category every time you submit articles? You mentioned your sites are all for physical products so do you submit to just "shopping" or do you vary the categories you submit to?

JB
Usually, yes.

I only submit articles for the backlink from the directories, so I do not
overly concern myself with stressing over them.

I've stressed for a long time over having the perfect articles for article
marketing, the perfect keyword, trying to get backlinks to those articles,
etc. etc.

Now, it's a breeze. I just pick a keyword, write an article, submit, done.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 10:14 AM   #356
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Drikus Botha View Post

The main thing that really stands out in this thread is the fact that you must focus on doing the small stuff that works over and over again.

John, this is (was) probably one of my biggest problems. I just get going with something that probably would work just fine, then I see something else and try that.

Thank you for showing me that I need the self-discipline to focus on a system that works.
It's easy to do. There are all kinds of "new shiny things" that pop up
in our email boxes, on forums, etc. that cause us to think the grass
is always greener on the other side.

I've been there, trust me on that.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 10:18 AM   #357
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by raymagnetic View Post

Hi John,

Thanks for the very informative post. It's very much appreciated as I have a couple of websites that have adsense on them but I've never done much to build them up.

You and the other adsense "Goobers" here have really put a battery in my back as far as trying to succeed with adsense.

I've already done several searches of keyword phrases and have found a few that have 12000 visitors per month with only 20,000 competing pages on google.

I'm looking to build a site a day optimized with adsense and doing all of the SEO work for each site on the day it's built.

One question I have however, I noticed you said something about building backlinks slowly, but I have also heard that it doesn't actually matter how fast you build up backlinks to your site. Any opinion on this, or is this too far out of scope for this discussion?
I do not recall saying anything about building them slowly, it's just that
I do nothing else besides submitting a few articles each day for my sites.

- No social bookmarking
- No 3rd party sites (squidoo, hub, etc)
- No forum posting stuff.

So because I keep this very simple, with article marketing only, I am only
able to get a few links daily on my sites in the beginning.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 10:20 AM   #358
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Riposte View Post

I've put up 6 sites with fully unique, well written, white hat content (400+ words). Each site targets a keyword that appears in the domain name, title, and content.

Each targeted keyword has less than 5,000 competing sites, with a SOC of less than 5.

Each site has 1 dofollow backlink, with the keyword in the anchor text, from an article directory.

The best performing site appears on page 5 of its respective keyword search result. The worst site is on page 45.

Thoughts?
More backlinks.

Write 1-2 articles per day for each site, until the rankings start to improve.

Based on your keyword stats, you should not need many at all.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 10:38 AM   #359
New Warrior Member
 
Riposte's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 19
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

More backlinks.

Write 1-2 articles per day for each site, until the rankings start to improve.

Based on your keyword stats, you should not need many at all.

- John
Thanks for the reply.

Do you mix up the anchor text in your backlinks at all? Or will you write 15+ articles all with the same anchor text?
Riposte is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 10:40 AM   #360
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by angelah View Post

Hi John,
Thank you for being so helpful and patient by answering everyones questions.

I am also taking action too....and I'm so excited to see progress. I'm experimenting with a site I already had, but I'm eager to get started on building more sites with a more focused vision. Thanks to this thread and many other very helpful warriors, I feel I have a much better laid out plan now.
I'm so appreciative of all the help here.

So on to my question as I start planning more sites.

Using this strategy - should each site focus on only one keyword? Or how many good keywords should I find first before building my site within a specific niche?

Can a site be built around one keyword and succeed? Or are multiple keywords necessary?

And when submitting multiple articles for each site, is each article wrote for a different keyword? Or do you take the same keyword and write multiple articles for the same keyword?

Thanks!
Angela

First of all, always keep in mind that there is no single best way of
doing this stuff.

I found an approach that works for me, and that will work for you
as well, but never be afraid to add your own twist.

Having said that, here are my answers to your questions:

1) Yes, I like to build each site around 1 main keyword.

2) Yes, I also like to add other long-tails if the situation with the
keywords deems it necessary.

3) Yes, you can either use one keyword for your article marketing,
or several.

So basically, every approach can work. You are sweating the small
stuff here, but I understand.

About article marketing, read some of my other posts in this thread.

I honestly do not worry too much about the articles, which makes them
very easy to write instead of mulling over a bunch of details and worried
about them being perfect, or getting ranked, or the perfect keyword
density, etc.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 11:14 AM   #361
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 367
Thanks: 73
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi John

I have been following this thread. You have certainly motivated me into taking action. I created a couple of sites, one in XSitePro and the other in Word Press as a test to see which one I should use going forward. The Word Press site was indexed in a few hours of going live and the XSitePro took a couple of days.

The adsense income so far is averaging $1 per day for both sites combined. All I did is post 2 original articles on each site and submitting those to a few article directories.

I am planning to add one site a week, to avoid domain costs my initial thought was to use "add on" domains, with a little research on google I found that they are considered spammy. Another strategy is to create folders on the main site. So it will look like below

www.mainsite.com - an index of sites or portal developed using XSitePro
www.mainsite.com/site1 - will install wordpress and upload niche 1
www.mainsite.com/site2 - will install wordpress and upload niche 2
...

Do you think if this approach will work or is there a better way?

Thanks

Sam

samcarson is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 11:50 AM   #362
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by box-to-box View Post

@ Riposte - go write articles until you hit the number one spot! Simples.
Exactly, keep this stuff S-I-M-P-L-E

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 11:52 AM   #363
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Yogini View Post

John,

If you notice that your page drops down in search engines do you improve it basically by submitting new articles to the article directories? Or do you add more pages to the site itself?

You told someone earlier that you use articles now for backlinks and don't sweat over the keywords. Do you still try to focus the article titles on some good keywords (but not ones that will compete with your site)? I too find that they often will outrank my own site due to high pagerank of ezinearticles.

Debbie
Yep, I do maintain my sites, always submitting articles now and again
for those that drop.

Eventually, however, you will start getting traffic from searches not
related to your main keyword - fun stuff!

About article marketing, yes I'll pop in a keyword or two, but I do not
stress over it.

And no, NEVER put in your site's main keyword into those articles, only
have your main keyword in the anchor text (I covered this already a
few pages back).

- John

XFactor is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to XFactor For This Useful Post:
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 11:54 AM   #364
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Riposte View Post

Thanks for the reply.

Do you mix up the anchor text in your backlinks at all? Or will you write 15+ articles all with the same anchor text?
It depends on whether or not I am trying to rank for more than one
keyword.

Some sites only focus on 1 keyword, others on a handful.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 11:58 AM   #365
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by samcarson View Post

Hi John

I have been following this thread. You have certainly motivated me into taking action. I created a couple of sites, one in XSitePro and the other in Word Press as a test to see which one I should use going forward. The Word Press site was indexed in a few hours of going live and the XSitePro took a couple of days.

The adsense income so far is averaging $1 per day for both sites combined. All I did is post 2 original articles on each site and submitting those to a few article directories.

I am planning to add one site a week, to avoid domain costs my initial thought was to use "add on" domains, with a little research on google I found that they are considered spammy. Another strategy is to create folders on the main site. So it will look like below

www.mainsite.com - an index of sites or portal developed using XSitePro
www.mainsite.com/site1 - will install wordpress and upload niche 1
www.mainsite.com/site2 - will install wordpress and upload niche 2
...

Do you think if this approach will work or is there a better way?

Thanks

Sam
I'm sure your domain strategy will work just fine. But the only way
to know is to test it, so go for it.

Personally, I prefer individual domains because, for one thing, when
I sell my portfolio in the next few years each will be worth a LOT
more than just one domain.

Also, I think that having each domain dedicated 100% to a specific
niche is better for the search engines (no proof of this though).

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 12:01 PM   #366
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by wealthcreationmasters View Post

John

since i am a newbie, how do i start to make money like Goobers with Adsense .i have a free blog i opened last week to start out first.

please share with me how you started your journey to this level you are operating today


thanks.

JOHN.
Goobers, nice. I think I'll start calling myself an Adense Goober.

About starting out, I would do exactly as I am doing now. The funny
thing is that I am doing the bare minimum basics, without all of the
trends that come up every month on the forums.

Just stick to the basics as I have outlined here, and you'll do fine.

It's all about testing. You can never know unless you start taking
MASSIVE action, day in, day out.


- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 12:12 PM   #367
Passive Income Specialist
War Room Member
 
Kael41's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 1,076
Thanks: 10
Thanked 187 Times in 116 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

John,
Don't share the domain i put up a couple of days ago, but let the readers know what i did and how quick it was to do (ie- a couple of hours of work). You've seen the layout, and the structure.

That site is still sitting on the first page of Google, and is building up steam with my backlinking strategies. Revenue wise i'm already AROUND 2.00/day with that one site. It's young, but, it's paid back the cost to put it up, buy the domain and so forth.

What I want to illustrate to others is something John said in the last post "take MASSIVE action".

Yea, i built one site. But now take the same methodology and multiply it by 20,30,40 sites.

That's success right there. That's how to win at this game.
Kael41 is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 12:33 PM   #368
Active Warrior
 
Michael Gavre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 67
Thanks: 27
Thanked 22 Times in 11 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

John,

I have heard you mention several times that you are only using articles for the backlinks and that once you stopped sweating the small stuff it was easier to write the articles.

I, and most likely a lot of fellow warriors reading this thread, find it hard to write articles about physical products. After all, theres only so much you can say about that 'cuisinart hand blender'

With that being said, I have a new method for others to try if, and I mean IF your goal is to simply get backlinks from your articles and are not too concerned about the possibility that you might get traffic from your articles.

Let me explain...

There are MANY webmasters out there that use the article directories for getting content for their websites, either by searching and copy, pasting them into their sites or by using article 'scrapers' , Autoblogs, etc... this is one of the greatest benefits of submitting your articles to the article directories.

When they use these 'tools' to automatically collect content for their sites, they have to choose a 'category', and lets face it, most of these users are not scraping content from the 'Shopping' category.

For Greatest Distribution of your Articles (and the most backlinks), TRY THIS:

DO NOT write about your 'cuisinart hand blender'

Choose one of the most popular categories i.e. internet marketing, weight loss etc... and write an article on something related to that topic. Choose something you are more familiar or comfortable with.

Then simply use the anchor text of your 'cuisinart hand blender' in your author box as normal. You will receive a much wider distribution this way and many, many more backlinks.

I know that the sites your links will appear on are probably not going to be relevant to your hand blender, but I dont think your going to find many sites that are going to be relevant anyways at least none that are going to link to you any other way.

After all, which would you rather have, 5 backlinks from the 5 other webmaster writing about blenders, or 5000 backlinks from across the web...

Just my two cents...

Michael

Funnels Dramatically Increase Conversions !! Let me Give you a FREE FUNNEL !!
Michael Gavre is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michael Gavre For This Useful Post:
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 12:35 PM   #369
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Michael Gavre View Post

John,

I have heard you mention several times that you are only using articles for the backlinks and that once you stopped sweating the small stuff it was easier to write the articles.

I, and most likely a lot of fellow warriors reading this thread, find it hard to write articles about physical products. After all, theres only so much you can say about that 'cuisinart hand blender'

With that being said, I have a new method for others to try if, and I mean IF your goal is to simply get backlinks from your articles and are not too concerned about the possibility that you might get traffic from your articles.

Let me explain...

There are MANY webmasters out there that use the article directories for getting content for their websites, either by searching and copy, pasting them into their sites or by using article 'scrapers' , Autoblogs, etc... this is one of the greatest benefits of submitting your articles to the article directories.

When they use these 'tools' to automatically collect content for their sites, they have to choose a 'category', and lets face it, most of these users are not scraping content from the 'Shopping' category.

For Greatest Distribution of your Articles (and the most backlinks), TRY THIS:

DO NOT write about your 'cuisinart hand blender'

Choose one of the most popular categories i.e. internet marketing, weight loss etc... and write an article on something related to that topic. Choose something you are more familiar or comfortable with.

Then simply use the anchor text of your 'cuisinart hand blender' in your author box as normal. You will receive a much wider distribution this way and many, many more backlinks.

I know that the sites your links will appear on are probably not going to be relevant to your hand blender, but I dont think your going to find many sites that are going to be relevant anyways at least none that are going to link to you any other way.

After all, which would you rather have, 5 backlinks from the 5 other webmaster writing about blenders, or 5000 backlinks from across the web...

Just my two cents...

Michael
Yes, I already do this

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 12:37 PM   #370
clikddclik
War Room Member
 
peter gibson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 884
Thanks: 266
Thanked 257 Times in 154 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

John, on the subject of your reseller hostgator account, you mentioned having more than one reseller account. Can you explain why you use more than one for your empire? If I understand it correctly you can have unlimited domains for each one.

Also, what is the limit you place on a reseller account before getting another (i.e. how many sites per reseller?)
peter gibson is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 12:39 PM   #371
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Kael41 View Post

John,
Don't share the domain i put up a couple of days ago, but let the readers know what i did and how quick it was to do (ie- a couple of hours of work). You've seen the layout, and the structure.

That site is still sitting on the first page of Google, and is building up steam with my backlinking strategies. Revenue wise i'm already AROUND 2.00/day with that one site. It's young, but, it's paid back the cost to put it up, buy the domain and so forth.

What I want to illustrate to others is something John said in the last post "take MASSIVE action".

Yea, i built one site. But now take the same methodology and multiply it by 20,30,40 sites.

That's success right there. That's how to win at this game.
And the great thing about this is that these sites can also be built
upon.

They can remain steady, passive income-producing sites that make
$2 to $5 per day, or...

They can be built with more content and keywords to reach $10, $20
or more per day.

There is no limit.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 12:43 PM   #372
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 367
Thanks: 73
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Michael - thats a brilliant idea since backlinks is a numbers game. Eager to know John's thoughts on this strategy.

samcarson is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 02:04 PM   #373
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by peter gibson View Post

John, on the subject of your reseller hostgator account, you mentioned having more than one reseller account. Can you explain why you use more than one for your empire? If I understand it correctly you can have unlimited domains for each one.

Also, what is the limit you place on a reseller account before getting another (i.e. how many sites per reseller?)
There is really nothing tactical about this.

Hosting may offer unlimited domains, but not unlimited bandwidth. So

once you reach your bandwidth limit on your reseller account, upgrade to
VPS or just get another reseller account.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 02:20 PM   #374
clikddclik
War Room Member
 
peter gibson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 884
Thanks: 266
Thanked 257 Times in 154 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

There is really nothing tactical about this.

Hosting may offer unlimited domains, but not unlimited bandwidth. So

once you reach your bandwidth limit on your reseller account, upgrade to
VPS or just get another reseller account.

- John
I see. Thanks heaps - was thinking there may have been a strategic reason for this, but I can see the bandwidth limit issue. I'm getting close to my limit now on my first reseller account.
peter gibson is offline  
Unread 9th Jul 2009, 06:57 PM   #375
Grizzled Veteran
War Room Member
 
W.P. Allen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: The Internet
Posts: 355
Thanks: 12
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hey John,

Not sure if you answered this question or not but how many different article directories do you submit to?
W.P. Allen is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 01:28 AM   #376
Wide Eyed Warrior
War Room Member
 
Wide Eyed Concepts's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Mulvane, Kansas
Posts: 179
Thanks: 61
Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

Goobers, nice. I think I'll start calling myself an Adense Goober.

About starting out, I would do exactly as I am doing now. The funny
thing is that I am doing the bare minimum basics, without all of the
trends that come up every month on the forums.

Just stick to the basics as I have outlined here, and you'll do fine.

It's all about testing. You can never know unless you start taking
MASSIVE action, day in, day out.


- John
lol, John I'm pretty sure the forum admins changed the word "g-u-r-u" to guru.

But what the hell, I want to be an adsense guru too!
Wide Eyed Concepts is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 02:30 AM   #377
Active Warrior
 
billythekid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

good stuff, glad someone is doing well out of adsense! It can be a bit touch and go, but this thread has revived my interest in it.

thanks!

billythekid is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 02:44 AM   #378
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 156
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

thanks for keeping us updated mate.

nzdealer is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 03:28 AM   #379
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 710
Thanks: 114
Thanked 140 Times in 85 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

If any of you are using Wordpress to make your mini sites, make sure that you plan ahead regarding updates/adding more content/targeting extra keywords. And by that I mean the page structure and interlinking.
bay37 is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 07:52 AM   #380
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 966
Thanks: 4
Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

Yep, I do maintain my sites, always submitting articles now and again
for those that drop.

Eventually, however, you will start getting traffic from searches not
related to your main keyword - fun stuff!

About article marketing, yes I'll pop in a keyword or two, but I do not
stress over it.

And no, NEVER put in your site's main keyword into those articles, only
have your main keyword in the anchor text (I covered this already a
few pages back).

- John
John,

Sorry to sound like a newbie, but I still don't understand why you aren't including your main keyword in the article title or body of the article (and just in the author resource box)? So do you use related keywords within the niche for your article title and body?

Another question I have is if I already have say 5 articles approved on Ezinearticles (in the same niche, but target different keywords) can I just use these same articles (unchanged) and submit them to GoArticles, but only changing the author resource box with the new anchor text (pointing to my new site)? Will Google index this article as well even though it's the same article (just the author resource has changed)? Or should I write original content and submit to GoArticles?

Also do you do any kind of social bookmarking, build links, or pinging to your articles to get them indexed in Google? I've been having some problems lately getting some of my GoArticles to get indexed (waiting over a month now) and wanted to know if there was any other method you use to get them indexed faster?
mrtrance is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 08:14 AM   #381
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Very nice. I'm glad to see someone taking advantage of adsense for a change.
cangulo is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 09:31 AM   #382
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 49
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hey John,

Great info. Quick question... When researching a niche keyword are the back links to the domain important or only the back links to the page that is ranking for the keyword you are going after?

I have some keywords that I have been wanting to target and they all seem like great niches with only 0-20 back links to the specific page that ranks but most of them will have a couple hundred thousand back links to the domain. I'm not sure if that will be a problem... here's an example:
(I use market samurai)

BryanB55 is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 10:40 AM   #383
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Azlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 199
Thanks: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

hi guys

just want to share my result so far. i seldom give feedback. just want to be in the background

using john's method. what i do is find a niche using john's method.

register the domain name 2 days ago. set up the website using xsite pro like john did (well, you can use wordpress also).

get articles written and submit to ezine articles. yesterday my website is at page 5.

today it is at page 3 and i already got $0.90 from that website already.

so, i will just keep writing articles so that it will be on page 1 for that keyword.

so, if you guys still trying to find a niche, just pick one, and go for it. you will never know if you just keep trying to find a perfect niche.

all you need to know is already on this thread alone. forget about other adsense ebook and just read this thread a few times while taking notes. absorb everything and just go for it (take action)

good luck

- azlan

New WSO - Coming Soon...
Azlan is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Azlan For This Useful Post:
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 11:16 AM   #384
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 39
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Azlan, how do you get your articles published so quickly on EZA? It's been taking me over 8 days.
mrrichesinniches is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 11:20 AM   #385
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

John,

You're the man. I can't wait to see your guide. Congrats on your success.
Wrenny is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 11:32 AM   #386
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Azlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 199
Thanks: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by mrrichesinniches View Post

Azlan, how do you get your articles published so quickly on EZA? It's been taking me over 8 days.
I am already a platinum level author. that helps me to get the articles approved. but the articles just got approved today. yesterday, even without any articles the site is still at page 5. once the articles is approved, it is at page 3.

- azlan

New WSO - Coming Soon...
Azlan is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 12:11 PM   #387
Passive Income Specialist
War Room Member
 
Kael41's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 1,076
Thanks: 10
Thanked 187 Times in 116 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Guys, I can't even stress how easy it is to make money this way. Keyword research is the name of the game. Sure, you're bound to get some loser sites, but your winners will make up for it. Not to piggy back on John, but i think i'm going to put something together for the wordpress folks and get it out as a wso as well...
Kael41 is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 01:02 PM   #388
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: From $150 to $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I am new to all this but have tried several adsense sites. Still no money. Would you mind
looking at my site and tell me what I.m doing wrong.
Thanks
Joe Englert is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 02:35 PM   #389
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by W.P. Allen View Post

Hey John,

Not sure if you answered this question or not but how many different article directories do you submit to?
Up to 5, but mostly ezinearticles and goarticles.

No secret reason or anything, I'm just used to using those two.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 02:41 PM   #390
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by mrtrance View Post

John,

Sorry to sound like a newbie, but I still don't understand why you aren't including your main keyword in the article title or body of the article (and just in the author resource box)? So do you use related keywords within the niche for your article title and body?
The reason is because you do not want those articles showing up and
competing for your own site.

We are not concerned about article marketing traffic, but it's nice. We
are just using article marketing for backlinks.


Another question I have is if I already have say 5 articles approved on Ezinearticles (in the same niche, but target different keywords) can I just use these same articles (unchanged) and submit them to GoArticles, but only changing the author resource box with the new anchor text (pointing to my new site)? Will Google index this article as well even though it's the same article (just the author resource has changed)? Or should I write original content and submit to GoArticles?
This is another one of those "try it and see what happens" type of
questions.

Me personally however, am a unique-article-type-of-guy so I rewrite
everything to make it unique.

Also do you do any kind of social bookmarking, build links, or pinging to your articles to get them indexed in Google? I've been having some problems lately getting some of my GoArticles to get indexed (waiting over a month now) and wanted to know if there was any other method you use to get them indexed faster?
Nope, nada, nothing, zip....

But I guess it can help.

I just do not follow trends and honestly, I'd rather spend 15 minutes
writing an article than doing the social bookmarking and other stuff.

I like it, and it works, so that's all I need.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 02:43 PM   #391
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by BryanB55 View Post

Hey John,

Great info. Quick question... When researching a niche keyword are the back links to the domain important or only the back links to the page that is ranking for the keyword you are going after?

I have some keywords that I have been wanting to target and they all seem like great niches with only 0-20 back links to the specific page that ranks but most of them will have a couple hundred thousand back links to the domain. I'm not sure if that will be a problem... here's an example:
(I use market samurai)


Yeah it could be a problem, you just have to work with it and see
what happens.

It's tough to guess the results up-front.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 02:58 PM   #392
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 966
Thanks: 4
Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

John,

Have you been having any problems with GoArticles articles getting indexed? Since you do not do any SB to your articles do they get indexed a few days without any social bookmarking? I assume it needs to be indexed first before the backlinks are counted?

Also do you point 2 links from a GoArticle to your homepage with the same anchor text or do you point one to the internal page? If our site is targeting just one keyword with say 5 posts does it matter to point 2 links to the homepage or point one to homepage and other to internal page (using the same anchor text)?

Do you spin one article into 5 when you submit to 5 directories or do you keep it the same? I've heard that it's best to submit to Ezinearticles first and then to other article directories if using the same article to avoid duplicate content.
mrtrance is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 06:19 PM   #393
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Azlan View Post

hi guys

just want to share my result so far. i seldom give feedback. just want to be in the background

using john's method. what i do is find a niche using john's method.

register the domain name 2 days ago. set up the website using xsite pro like john did (well, you can use wordpress also).

get articles written and submit to ezine articles. yesterday my website is at page 5.

today it is at page 3 and i already got $0.90 from that website already.

so, i will just keep writing articles so that it will be on page 1 for that keyword.

so, if you guys still trying to find a niche, just pick one, and go for it. you will never know if you just keep trying to find a perfect niche.

all you need to know is already on this thread alone. forget about other adsense ebook and just read this thread a few times while taking notes. absorb everything and just go for it (take action)

good luck

- azlan
Great job Azlan, I know you've been wanting to diversify your Adsense
income for a while now.

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 06:23 PM   #394
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: From $150 to $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Joe Englert View Post

I am new to all this but have tried several adsense sites. Still no money. Would you mind
looking at my site and tell me what I.m doing wrong.
Thanks
Although your site's layout is probably not ideal for Adsense click
conversions, I doubt that showing me the site will fix your problem.

Typically, anyone's problem is simply not getting traffic, which
in turn is due to not going after the right keywords.

So, you have to ask yourself "Am I doing all of the things outlined
in this thread?"

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 06:35 PM   #395
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by mrtrance View Post

John,

Have you been having any problems with GoArticles articles getting indexed? Since you do not do any SB to your articles do they get indexed a few days without any social bookmarking? I assume it needs to be indexed first before the backlinks are counted?
It does take some time at times, but ezinearticles always gets indexed
very fast.

I'm considering just using ezinearticles for several months. I really like
them.

Also do you point 2 links from a GoArticle to your homepage with the same anchor text or do you point one to the internal page? If our site is targeting just one keyword with say 5 posts does it matter to point 2 links to the homepage or point one to homepage and other to internal page (using the same anchor text)?
Sometimes I point to an internal page, but most often my 2 links are:

1) The http (URL)
2) The main keyword anchor text

Do you spin one article into 5 when you submit to 5 directories or do you keep it the same? I've heard that it's best to submit to Ezinearticles first and then to other article directories if using the same article to avoid duplicate content.
This is another one of those "worried about the small stuff" type of
questions that has no real answer to it.

You can spin 5 articles if you wish, or rewrite the same article 5 times,
or.... etc. (it doesn't really matter)

- John

XFactor is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 06:42 PM   #396
John (Adsense Addict)
War Room Member
 
XFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 903
Thanks: 63
Thanked 606 Times in 121 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by John McEachern View Post

Hey John, have you ever considered using a source such as Linkvana or any other type of service where you get a list of sites to post backlinks on high PR sites - even though they are unrelated to the site being promoted?

If pretty much all you're going after with article submissions is a backlink, on the surface of things, it would seems getting your links that way would be easier.

I kind of worry that kind of stuff would be considered link spamming and from that may hurt your sites rankings and maybe more problems. But I'd really appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.

Thanks!
This question is interesting because my answer does not have anything
to do with what may or may not work.

No, I do not mess around with any of these types of services. Do they
work? I guess they do, or else people would not pay for them.

But, I choose my approach with articles only because:

1) I truly enjoy contributing information to the search engines. I'm not
in this to "do what I have to do to make money" and link services
such as you mention just do not have a place in my daily schedule.

2) Articles have a tendency of creating LOTS of passive income by
themselves, even though my approach is to write on subjects that
do not have anything to do with my niches (see previous post by
Michael Gavre)

3) I can guarantee that anyone will make good money with Adsense
by following the practices of article marketing. I know this, because
I do this.

- John

XFactor is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to XFactor For This Useful Post:
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 07:40 PM   #397
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

thanks a lot, I was trying to go beyond 30 pages, but from what you say, I think it makes more sense to focus on the 30 pages that I have and increase the density of keywords

Someday I will have loads of clicks on General Ed and General Ed GRE
greguru is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 09:18 PM   #398
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

John is there a way to find the statistics on what people are buying on ebay and amazon ? Im sure they track this info but are they offering it to the public?
shooting_star is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 09:59 PM   #399
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

My $300 per Day Adsense Course (coming soon)

Course ready ?
shooting_star is offline  
Unread 10th Jul 2009, 10:11 PM   #400
Jean Rennick
War Room Member
 
Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: St. Thomas, ON, Canada
Posts: 65
Thanks: 5
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Blog Entries: 12
Default
Re: 6 Months Later: $300 Daily w/Adsense (Lessons Learned)
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

@shooting_star, last word I had from John was it was planned to be ready around Monday or so.

YourNichePLR.com - Fresh new PLR site ala Tiffany Dow's PLR ATM.
50% Off Everything In Your Cart until November! Sign Up and be Notified when New PLR packs are uploaded. Right now we've got acid reflux, kittens, and hair styling packs available.
Canada is offline  
Closed Thread


Bookmarks

Tags
$150, $300, daily, learned, lessons, months, w or adsense


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 AM.