Is it necessary to bold KWs for good SEO results?

20 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Friends,
I asked my friend, who also runs a site, if it is necessary to make the keywords bold to get some positive SEO results? And he answered in the positive.
I have 800+ articles on my site. That would be a huge work to do all that. But if the effort is worth it, why not.
But I just need to know, if bolding the KWs is at all necessary?
Thanks
#bold #good #kws #results #seo
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Is it necessary to bold KWs for good SEO results?
    I've never used bold for any keywords on my sites. So... the answer would be NO, considering I'm still ranking pages.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9557118].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author abhibangal
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I've never used bold for any keywords on my sites. So... the answer would be NO, considering I'm still ranking pages.
      I am also not very inclined towards doing that. So, I thought I would take a second opinion...Thanks for that answer......
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9557125].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by abhibangal View Post

        I am also not very inclined towards doing that. So, I thought I would take a second opinion...Thanks for that answer......
        That bold idea probably came from one of those silly SEO plugins for Wordpress. The sellers usually hype up things like that trying to get people to buy their IM products.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9557130].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author abhibangal
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          That bold idea probably came from one of those silly SEO plugins for Wordpress. The sellers usually hype up things like that trying to get people to buy their IM products.
          Uh ho. I was going to bold them manually so, that I can read the stuff and do it meaningfully. I didn't even know that there's a plugin for that
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9557143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LABEShops
    I don't bold them just to bold them. Bold what makes sense - keywords in headlines or subheads (alone with the entire sentence then are in), italic them where it is appropriate, etc. but don't bold them just to bold them. It looks spammy.
    Signature

    Owner of LABEShops.com & 20+ Niche Online Stores as well as Scifispace.com and other sites. Recommended Host: Evolve

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9557131].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author abhibangal
      Originally Posted by LABEShops View Post

      I don't bold them just to bold them. Bold what makes sense - keywords in headlines or subheads (alone with the entire sentence then are in), italic them where it is appropriate, etc. but don't bold them just to bold them. It looks spammy.
      Yeah, I have sub-headings with H2 tags. I guess when we use H2 tags, we don't need to bold them, right? And I use a KW in a heading once in an entire article and in the content as well. Do, I need to use KWs in sub-heads too?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9557138].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by abhibangal View Post

        Yeah, I have sub-headings with H2 tags. I guess when we use H2 tags, we don't need to bold them, right? And I use a KW in a heading once in an entire article and in the content as well. Do, I need to use KWs in sub-heads too?
        Heading tags are useful for SEO.

        I use 1 <h1> for my main keyword per page & any other <h> tags are <h2> with relevant keywords. Think of <h> tags as alternative page titles that are focused on a sub-topic.

        Heading tag text & page title text can be swapped out on the SERP title.

        It also helps to keep <h2> tags relevant to other internal pages then link out to that same relevant internal page (<h2> tag on 1st page is relevant to 2nd internal page <title>).
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9557150].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author abhibangal
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          Heading tags are useful for SEO.

          I use 1 <h1> for my main keyword per page & any other <h> tags are <h2> with relevant keywords. Think of <h> tags as alternative page titles that are focused on a sub-topic.

          Heading tag text & page title text can be swapped out on the SERP title.

          It also helps to keep <h2> tags relevant to other internal pages then link out to that same relevant internal page (<h2> tag on 1st page is relevant to 2nd internal page <title>).
          As for me, the H1 tag is used only for the heading of the article - article tag. I mostly don't use the H3 tag
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9557158].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author LABEShops
        Originally Posted by abhibangal View Post

        Yeah, I have sub-headings with H2 tags. I guess when we use H2 tags, we don't need to bold them, right? And I use a KW in a heading once in an entire article and in the content as well. Do, I need to use KWs in sub-heads too?
        I always bold subheads, but no, you don't need to bold the keywords if your h tag styles bold the entire thing.

        I would definitely use keywords in subheads - especially if you are wrapping them in <h2> or <h3>. You might want to vary the keywords a bit though - use a longer tail one in some places, a shorter version others, variations in some, etc.
        Signature

        Owner of LABEShops.com & 20+ Niche Online Stores as well as Scifispace.com and other sites. Recommended Host: Evolve

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9559684].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author larrypaul
    For SEO, it is not very important to highlight the keywords or keep it bold. Just the inclusion of keywords into content and link building strategy is enough to attain the maximum amount of SEO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9558748].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Roopatg
    In my point of view, there is no need of highlighting a keyword, where you inserted with in the content. But still, if you want to highlight within your web page, you can use <h1>,<h2>,<h3> tags. But,do not write a bold tag within the content.
    Signature

    Bus tickets of any Travel operator @ Ticketgoose.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9558751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cchandran
    Highlighting the keywords by bold will not make any sense in SEO. We can add the keywords in title,description and contents,Google will take them without highlighting them. quality backlinks are more important in SEO. Try to build some quality backlinks and get more traffic for your website. Don't concentrate on these silly ideas.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9558761].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author abhibangal
      Originally Posted by cchandran View Post

      Highlighting the keywords by bold will not make any sense in SEO. We can add the keywords in title,description and contents,Google will take them without highlighting them. quality backlinks are more important in SEO. Try to build some quality backlinks and get more traffic for your website. Don't concentrate on these silly ideas.
      Thank all of you friends for the responses above. I have decided not to bold the KWs. I guess the topic has been solved and the admin can lock it.
      Thanks once again everyone.........!!!!!!!!!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9558806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rank Watch
    It is not necessary.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9558954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author drinstech
    Generally, I like to bold keyword in content to get better SEO Result. I also make bold secondary keyword/LSI keyword and Use Keyword in H2 and H3 tag where possible. I think it is not a bad practice for SEO.
    What you think?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9559021].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wawanjogja
    based on my experience, <h1><h2> meta description is more important than keyword bold
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9559100].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bertieallsorts
    no neded to bold keywords, have you tried schema markup tool? basically it has keyword mark up you can place the code next to all keywords on on your page, schema is non visable and basicaly its telling the engines what words are important on your page, i use it across all my pages and sites to good effect, making keywords bold looks tacky and dated, if you need some schema mark up code i can provide it to you,

    pm me if you want it or google it

    Cheers

    Bertie
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9560311].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author frankp57
      I think including your keywords in h1, h2 and h3 headlines should be sufficient as they appear in bold anyway and of course a good sprinkling of your keywords in the post content. I try to achieve a ratio of 3% keyword content to total number of words in the article.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ceaserbuck
    i strongly think it has greater effect on visiter persepective and ya its count on search engines too but only to a small extend i ask you to add bold to future posts rather than making changes in old post it countsvery little but yes it counts

    thanks
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9614796].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author juk123
      Your friend is right, bolding keywords will help you to get top rankings. I also find repeating the keyword phrase you want to rank for 6 times per paragraph helps. So, for example if I wanted to rank for the term "lose weight fast" I might post something like...

      Are you searching for a way to lose weight fast? If you are looking for a way to lose weight fast you are at the right place. There are many different products on the market that can help you to lose weight fast. You can lose weight fast by taking supplements such as Garcinia Cambogia or Raspberry Keytones. These can cause you to lose weight fast when combined with good diet and exercise. To learn more about how to lose weight fast click here.
































      Sadly some people will believe that
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9615042].message }}

Trending Topics