Work at Home Successfully

by joshkd
30 replies
Like many of us, you probably would love to work from home. What is not to love? Save on gas, save on wardrobe, set your own hours. Do what you want to do. These are the dreams that we all share.

The big question, of course, is how to make that possible. Fish around the internet under "Work from Home" and you will find more searches than you could possibly ever screen through. I don't need to tell you that most of them probably won't work, or won't work for you. They key is finding one that does.

This is a life changing event, so you want to do it right. Think about it. Are you willing to do the research? How long did it take you to find your last job? A little extra effort will be the difference between success and sitting in a cube. Others are doing it; see where it works for you.

The first thing you should ask is what kind of work from home opportunity you are looking for. Are you looking for part time work or full time? Would you prefer to work in conventional opportunities such as home based sales, freelance writing, editing, or tutoring? Would you like to advantage of the opportunities that are available using the internet to start your own business? Many companies are outsourcing their customer service to people who are willing to work from home. Is this an opportunity that interests you. Whatever you chose, the tools on your computer and over the web can make it happen.

Exactly what are your financial goals for home opportunities? Is your goal to earn extra spending cash? Are you a student trying to cover tuition or expenses? Is your goal total financial independence. Do you need to find a full time income that will cover salary and benefits? Once you have established your skills and your goals, you can chose your opportunity.

"Conventional Opportunities"
What I call conventional opportunities are opportunities that have always been there, but can be updated for the web. Home based sales are a great way to make money and set hours around family. Reputable, tried and true companies such as Avon have updated their marketing for the internet age.

Other opportunities such as tutoring are also available. You can market these opportunities on local classified sites in a much more effective and inexpensive manner than in the past. You can also market your skills to local businesses. These businesses don't want to take on extra overhead. If they can outsource something at a good rate, they will.

"Corporate Opportunities"
Corporations are offering several different types of opportunities to work from home. For those who need to stay close to home or who need to set your own hours, these opportunities mostly consist of outside sales or customer service. These may be harder to find, but they offer solid and stable opportunities. You will need to provide a phone line and computer in most cases. You can find these opportunities by checking the career opportunities of corporate websites or checking the career websites such as monster.com, careerbuilder.com, jobs.com.

"Internet Opportunities"
Internet opportunities can offer some of the most lucrative opportunities for those who want to work from home. It also can allow you to unleash your creative ideas. At the same time, it can be the highest risk reward area. You must do your homework to find out what works. Some opportunities require capital upfront, but, there are others that require little or no money to get started.

The internet opportunities include affiliate marketing, Ebay Marketing, website marketing, etc. See those ads on Google and Yahoo? These are created by work at home entrepreneurs. These opportunities allow you to sell your own products or (even better) sell other peoples products and collect commissions.

Whatever opportunity you chose, there are plenty of ways to take advantage of stay at home work. You can set your own hours, spend more time with family, save on gas. Chose what you think works for you and get going.
#home #internet opportunities #successfully #work
  • Profile picture of the author AnniePot
    Good article. Problem is, there are so many scams out there, a really genuine opportunity is often very difficult to find.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1071718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author helas
    Thanks for sharing this information. Basically there are many ways you can try to make extra money from home instead of working with other people. Maybe there are many scams but if we not try we will never know is it scams or not. At least it give experience and give better knowledge to improve ourselves. One more thing if we don't want to trap under scams maybe the first thing that we need to set inside our mind is we need to set only small amount investment for try. Maybe it will make something different to us.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1072347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zimmy68
    Thanks for the good information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1074606].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Carrie12
    Wonderful post!...I am a work from home mom and I believe every word you said....but finding a legitimate work and the one which you can trust is really hard to get but not impossible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1074665].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tyvan
    good read there!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1075939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cantik
    There are many ways to make money online and I have tried so many method. And finally I realized that I have to choose one of them and focus on it. I agree that you will never know about anything if you don't try. So I said to get money online we have to spend more time and money to learn. No easy things to get success on internet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1077573].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TiborSzalay
      Thank you for this post
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1081694].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tyvan
      Originally Posted by cantik View Post

There are many ways to make money online and I have tried so many method. And finally I realized that I have to choose one of them and focus on it. I agree that you will never know about anything if you don't try. So I said to get money online we have to spend more time and money to learn. No easy things to get success on internet.

Yup. That and having the money up front to do anything.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1085238].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author katmeh
    Good Information. But I think we should add that these days internet opportunities are 99% Scam. now these days everybody is a guru and they have made $700,000 in 72 hours.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1085922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author speedy
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1092058].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matas
      I found this info useful for me, really thank you!
      Signature

Looks matter.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1095830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kwncy
    thats a long post. but i was able to read them even though im lazy,
    very interesting!

ive been reading a lot of thread like this. and this one its great,
    thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1102590].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edlync
    This is a great article. Although there are many work at home scams out there, there are so many legit ways to work from home. Most people don't realize that the real work at home jobs are for people with specialized skills like medical transcription, general transcription, legal transcription, accountant, graphic designer, etc. You can use a tool like Yourjobsearcher.com to look for independent contracts and freelance jobs. This tool can work for you on autopilot searching thousands of job boards and websites offering legit work. There are not too many data entry jobs out there that are legit because this is really not considered a specialized skill. Too many people can perform this task. However, Keyforcash.com is one legit data entry site that I'd like to mention. Also many people make the mistake of searching for work at home jobs by typing in "work at home," "work from home," etc in the search engine. All you would find are scams. The work is out there, but again, most people don't know how to go about finding work. Type in words like "freelance bookkeeper," "contract graphic artist", "write articles for us", "Hiring Writers," etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1114012].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PaulaJae
      Yes, medical transcription is one of the best way to make money online, but it is not that simple as typing~!
      You have to have a good sense of hearing and an interest in science. Medical transcriptionist deals with lots of complicated and hard to spell medical words you know.

There are online training institution though that provides education for people who are really interested to enter the field. Like meditec.com, their industry experts can develop the skills needed to excel in transcription career.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6940221].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Carrie12
    I work from home and believe me it works in a different way to every person....just follow your own knowledge.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1118388].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DeonKrey
      Originally Posted by Carrie12 View Post

I work from home and believe me it works in a different way to every person....just follow your own knowledge.
      Well said! People working from home are actually those who have already chosen to pursue a retreat enjoying their experiences and income and that way, they could even let others work for them to manage their own internet businesses. And, for me, outsourcing has been the "hottest" choice nowadays to get things done as automated as possible while you see the business growing. Hiring and training will take some time although after that and once you've already utilized the systems in place, you really won't have any problems as long as you have the knowledge and passion to bring successful results into it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1959068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blesstech
    HI i am new to the internet business i looking for a geniue Work at Home or Data Entry with no registration fees. I would appreciate your reply
    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1133453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Abela12
    The above forum is informative and important for the people who are interested to work at home. The ideas and tips are good.. I too get the information's about the home business from the site which is given below..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1139071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dherbert
    Sounds good. Internet opportunities are obviously among the most common on the internet. Many people write articles. Those could earn in two ways, like pay per click on the article (coupled with the pay per click on the article page's ad content as part of some formula for calculation) and an upfront payment on a quality article (their payment based on their estimate of how many clicks your article will get as part of an income sharing arrangement). The good thing with the first part is that clicks accumulate over time so it's like a free income stream but pay per click rate is obviously quite low and you have to be popular. Upfront payment is a one time payment and it takes time, often weeks for a review process and you give up the right to own the article and must not republish anywere (although some allow non exlusive rights so you can republish after their original publication). If you intend to earn some descent money this way, it should become like your full time job, publishing hundreds of articles per month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1146457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author funlosingweight
    Good read.

People have been "programmed" since young that the conventional means of earning an income is the best and only way.

With the internet and the ever growing needs of an ageing population, you need to be able to build a passive income online and maybe supported by an offline income or vice versa.

The freedom to choose made available to you should you be able to generated a reasonable passive recurring income online will be worth the effort in the long run.

Personally, having to extend my working age to the age of 68 years gives me the chills....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1194368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author myglobenet
    Great Effort. You sound genuine. All the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1272864].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cerdas3
    Good information...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1273037].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chennai2020
    Its really a good post, but how do you spot the right service that really pays, as I could find a lot of scam products come front first
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1315301].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DK.Paul
    Don't find much info I need. Thank you anyway.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1417481].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dreamer111
    thanks for this nice info.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1517737].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rikki_Fawkes
    Right on! I work from home full-time and am a professional freelance writer for part of the time. I work for a couple of the most common web publishers (Demand Studios and Associated Content, namely) and I make a tidy part-time income off of the upfront and recurring payments alone.

It's all a matter of delegating time for everything in the schedule. I could be making $40,000 a year or more if I worked for a few more hours a day, but I'm trying to work Internet marketing of my own into the equation so I don't have to rely on any one publisher to provide my income.

But for now, I'm very happy with my situation. My freelance work provides me a lot of breathing space so I'm no longer on edge about "not making much money" on Internet marketing. And it's enjoyable, so I really couldn't ask for more. These companies pay me consistently and on time; they've never scammed me.
    Signature

Learn how you can get paid writing online with NO startup money! I will help you make part-time or full-time income as a freelance writer at http://getpaidwriting.org. No previous writing experience necessary!

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1966738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author saraward
    Banned
    I have been working from home since July 2009. I do PTC sites, Surveys and now I'm an independent contractor for Odesk.com. I'm also thinking about selling AVON and getting into IM. I'm willing to do what I can right now, because I don't want to do a traditional job anymore.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2000685].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Masudmba
    Batter article. Problem is, so many scams out there, a really genuine opportunity is often very difficult to find. http://usasharebiz.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6940274].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Laura Stevens
    great read indeed. thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6940456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ingridf29
    I really enjoyed your article. I work at home successfully as a medical transcriptionist and have been since 2006. I agree that there are a lot of scams out there and you should make sure to do your homework before jumping into something that is too good to be true! Thanks for your info! Ingrid
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9109595].message }}

Trending Topics