Looking for partner to recruit editor or to be the editor for Science News site.

2 replies
I'm the owner of NaturalScienceNews.com which is a Bio Science News site.

This has has been around for one year and is included in Google news, giving it a lot of potential. Unfortunately however it currently has very minimal income. Adsense revenue is just $1 a day, so I haven't been able to keep up with hiring editors the last few months and I let the site slide, as I was expecting the profit to get higher by now which it hasn't.

Since it's included in Google News the site has a lot of potential. I'm looking to put this site back online and grow it with the right partner, we'd share a 50/50 revenue split.

My weakness is that I traditionally built sites and made a lot of money from them using SEO. With recent changes however, SEO is now proving incredibly difficult at least for this site.

My ideal partner would be EITHER of the following:

1) A good marketer who knows how to get good quality traffic to the site so we can start making decent long-term Adsense revenue (via whatever methods you're an expert in). This partner should also be willing to invest a weekly amount of around $50 so we can hire a science graduate editor to resume publishing articles on the site. Ideally the Adsense revenue will soon be greater than this investment given the quality traffic you can deliver.

2) A STEM/Biology (biology preferred) science graduate (preferably Masters/PhD level) who can write at least 2 original articles a day for the site, based on the latest research from PubMed articles and other sources. No monetary investment from you would be necessary (since you'll be the editor), and I'll meanwhile focus on the marketing side of things. This time I'll focus on a different avenue to SEO. Or we could discuss looking for a third partner to focus on the marketing/promotional side of things.

I believe that this site has a lot of potential because I've done competitor analysis on other science news sites which publish far lower quality articles that have very high Alexa rankings and Adsense income. This is a potential gold mine provided we do it right. Again, the site is already included in Google News so lets not let this opportunity go to waste.

Please feel free to PM me how we might be a good match based on either of the criteria mentioned above. Thanks!
#editor #news #partner #recruit #science #site
  • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaseoGO
    The concept sounds amazing, you would like to increase traffic in order to boost Adsense sales correct?

I've been in digital marketing, I have 3 videos ranked 2nd on Google's first page, SEO is what I live to do. Anyway, I edit my own work and generate video and sales content.

Investing $50 weekly of my own money does not seem logical for a site that's been up and running, with content. We should be able to work around that, to draw in more traffic with User Intent in order to offset the investing. But let's talk.

I am currently building a Udemy course on SEO, which means this 50/50 project will be the second task for me, for a few weeks, nevertheless, I can work solidly on both.

Let's talk possible Joint Venture,
    Parker

P.S.
    You'd do well with securing your site too, meaning you'll want to install an SSL Cert Installed and longer hosting which helps you rank higher in Google. Something I noticed when I looked over, natrualsciencenews.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11106006].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Krugman
    Hello - I just joined here so not very familiar with a lot of the concepts of online marketing. However, I do have a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Biophysics. I love to research and write. There are a few good science news website like https://www.sciencedaily.com/. I had an idea to have an open forum where people can ask questions about a particular topic or article. Here's an example: http://www.askamathematician.com/ I wouldn't make it so deep that you need a Ph.D. just to read the answers. But people always have questions of a general nature in science. If your website is up and running, perhaps we could do something together. Regards,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11112934].message }}

Trending Topics