Listen Up Strugglers - The BEST FREE Ebook You'll EVER Read

36 replies
Coming across something like this, and seeing it's exactly what I have been so lucky to already know, then seeing it explained so well has certainly made this a VERY worthy share.

Everyone should read this, once and for all you'll see what a PROPER education looks like:

http://chrisguillebeau.com/3x5/files...04/279days.pdf

Sorry to sound so downgrading of other ebooks etc, but once you see it, You'll not be disappointed, and think the exact same thing!
#ebook #free #listen #read #strugglers
  • Profile picture of the author merlincat
    Thanks for the link...great to get such a quality product without an opt-in..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2938035].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    Originally Posted by Intrepreneur View Post

Sorry to sound so downgrading of other ebooks etc, but once you see it, You'll not be disappointed, and think the exact same thing!

At least after using a Subject line like that, you thought well enough of your post to add a diplomatic apology at the end of the message.

Because of your gesture of diplomacy, I will not comment on the short-sightedness of using absolutes in your copy that can easily be dismissed as hype. LOL
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2938163].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

Because of your gesture of diplomacy, I will not comment on the short-sightedness of using absolutes in your copy that can easily be dismissed as hype. LOL
      Very magnanimous of you, Bill.

They are, in a sense, of course, hype ... and yet, you know, he has a point, too: it's a particularly interesting e-book, and well worth reading. Not least because of all its equally interesting outgoing links, several of which I'd seen before, forgotten to bookmark and was pleased to find again.

It's unusually well written, too.

And even the e-book design itself is one of the most interesting and nicest ones I've seen for a long time. It's all rather an asset, really. I'm "just saying".
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2938238].message }}
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

You are so pedantic Alexa.

I am a writer, but I must admit that I occasionally have to look up the words you use, although not in this case.

I can actually see in my imagination Warriors who scratch their heads when they read your posts... LOL "Just saying...."
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2938271].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author DireStraits
          I think I've seen this book before, a while back ... I think.

Anyway, it's a good and interesting read, and nicely formatted/styled, and so on.

Originally Posted by tpw View Post

You are so pedantic Alexa.
          . . .
          I can actually see in my imagination Warriors who scratch their heads when they read your posts... LOL "Just saying...."
          Hahaha.

Why don't we all just add variations of the line "You're soooo pedantic, Alexa!", to our signatures? It'd save us a bit of work, I think!

And I think Alexa should have a huge list of words, terms and phrases defined in hers, a bit like you see in contracts: "when I say <this>, I mean <whatever>; whereas <something else> refers to <that>", and so forth.

"I'm just saying..."

Gotta love it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2939877].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Durham
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

They are, in a sense, of course, hype ... and yet, you know, he has a point, too: it's a particularly interesting e-book, and well worth reading. Not least because of all its equally interesting outgoing links, several of which I'd seen before, forgotten to bookmark and was pleased to find again.

It's unusually well written, too.

And even the e-book design itself is one of the most interesting and nicest ones I've seen for a long time. It's all rather an asset, really. I'm "just saying".
        Thanks Alexa for unintentionally, and inadvertantly answering a question of mine... and that is this; "Is it okay to begin a sentence with and "?

If you (The WF's most prolific wordsmith) do it, its probably okay to do I would assume.

I know what you are thinking... "John, I have seen your posts and you have alot bigger problems than whether or not you start a sentence with and".

I know, I know... but a guy has to start solving those problems somewhere right?

And is a good start. It has an "A" at the beginning. I am solving my problems in alphabetical order.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2938789].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kay King
          oops, Alexa - there's always a critic

The "and" is poetic license in this case...
          Signature
          Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
          Please do not 'release balloons' for celebrations. The balloons and trailing ribbons entangle birds and kill wildlife and livestock that think the balloons are food.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2938807].message }}
          Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

Thanks Alexa for unintentionally, and inadvertantly answering a question of mine... and that is this; "Is it okay to begin a sentence with and "?

If you (The WF's most prolific wordsmith) do it, its probably okay to do I would assume.

I know what you are thinking... "John, I have seen your posts and you have alot bigger problems than whether or not you start a sentence with and".

I know, I know... but a guy has to start solving those problems somewhere right?

And is a good start. It has an "A" at the beginning. I am solving my problems in alphabetical order.

Interesting point. I always wrestle with myself over the And at the beginning of the sentence.

Since I try to write in a conversational style, I sometimes allow myself to start a sentence with And, because it just seems to work well.

But the critic in me is always telling me, "No, don't do it."
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2939205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clark31
    Nice little guide. If you are into blogging there are some good pointers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2938219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jesus72knight
    Well. Thanks for the link. Another ebook for my collection.
    Signature
    PLATINUM RESELL RIGHTS
    High Quality Resell Rights
    & Resell Rights Products
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2938366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Atkins
    I skimmed through it and it's pretty good for newbies,
    especially when you consider that it's free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2938749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Maverick4090
    I've struggled so much to try and get my blog off the ground. I wish I would have come across this months ago. This pdf is full if invaluable information. Thank you for the post!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2938797].message }}
    Thanks Kay, that clears alot up. If anyone has a right to take poetic license its Alexa!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2938821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    "And" at the beginning of a sentence is an emphatic usage. It breaks rules, but people who know the rules know how to effectively break them.

For every one of you here that is having fun with Alexa's use of a conjunction to begin a sentence there is a language purist who will have nightmares about it. That in itself is a worthy cause for using an emphatic "and" now and again.
    Signature

Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2939236].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Apollo77
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

"And" at the beginning of a sentence is an emphatic usage. It breaks rules, but people who know the rules know how to effectively break them.

For every one of you here that is having fun with Alexa's use of a conjunction to begin a sentence there is a language purist who will have nightmares about it. That in itself is a worthy cause for using an emphatic "and" now and again.
      LOL, well said.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2939376].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tinkerbell
    It's illegal (grammatically) to use "and" at the beginning of a sentence? And here I thought I had this stuff all figured out. <chuckle>

To the OP: Thanks. I will give this a look. Appreciate it.

Tina
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2939429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mecanique
    Verry interesting
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2939498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Intrepreneur
    And the plot thickens, as we come back to bump this baby and enforce this thread's title upon some other people whom are curious enough to clickthorugh, who rightly should so they find this wondrous ebook and get to reading it. And yes, Alexa did use "and" at the beginning of a sentence, they always said "rules were meant to be broken", with the 'and' it eventually was given the right to be broken.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2939979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wendymay1
    Yes. I certainly read this eBook.

Chris is a fantastic writer. His goals are in line with my goals in life especially about

Lifestyle Design-To get out of life what your heart so desires.i.e travel, meeting people and learning something to expand your knowledge of life.

Whatever Chris writes about is something to hold onto and an eye opener to what our current situation is and what we have to do to get out of our comfort zones.

There is more to life than following the norm for example get up and go to work from
    8:am to 5:pm.
    Chris travels and works at the same time. Travel seems to be one of his passion.

The other thing I like about this book is the 'Energy Sucking Vampires' on the internet.

This is relating to negative energy from people who will try to steal our dream or try to lessen our confidence of success whatever that might be. Any negativity can be a detroyer if we only allow it.

I heard a quote many years ago from Eleanor Roosevelt:

'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent'

Its amazing how many positive people there are in this FORUM to rub shoulders with.

My advice on this subject of negativity is to stay away from them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2940420].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ClaireM
      Since I have been on this forum, I am now a believer that one can make a living off the internet. What this e-book points out, and what I am finding out, is that it takes persistence and a lot of hard work. It can be done but not overnight. And, (LOL) there is A LOT of writing involved! Did not realize that when I decided to pursue this career.

Great e-book to add to my growing arsenal of information on how to succeed in this business.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2941499].message }}
    Honestly, the reason I noticed the "and" is because, I regularly learn from Alexa's posts and pay alot of attention because it makes me a better writer... and I truly need all the help I can get. It was more appreciation than jesting... and saying "hey I really notice your writing, your perfection in written word is noticed and does count, and I, for one, learn from it..."

If I were a wordsmith like Alexa I would be proud to know that others pay attention and learn from me, and are inspired... So, when someone writes like, that I pay alot of attention.

I have had some great successes in the last ten years due to alot of determination, but I actually dropped out of school in the 8th grade, and now take every opportunity to educate myself in the things that matter to me. This young lady has alot to teach others, even unbeknownst to her.

Isnt that how inspirations work many times? They dont even know they are inspiring half the time, just by being themselves.

The warrior forum has been like a school to me in many ways. Our brothers and sisters here I feel like are the community that raised me as a marketer. I only hope to give some of that back as well.

We are proud of our wordsmith here. She is one of the most prolific on the net as far as Im concerned.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2942019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author add1t
    thanks so much, it is a really nice share, and the best of all, it's free
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2944213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author indonep
    this books is gr8... thanks for the gr8 stuff.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2950605].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author darkonetoo
    Thanks for the pdf.

It was truly a good read.

Much farther beyond finding a need and filling it.

DarkOneToo
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2953127].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FTFADIA
    Thanks for the link
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2957659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeanniesmart
    If you are out of work,I can help with free ebooks,free income generating programs that require Zero Out Of Pocket.WCN offers free silver and gold coins.
    My mission is to help EVERYONE make money on the Internet.
    Thanks for your time,Ed

http://www.freeincome4u.biz
    WCN - Explode and Streamline your Business - Get Started Now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2963515].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author phoenix blogger
    i m a blogger i definately learnt from this book . thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2965617].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2972122].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AlexNeill
      Thanks I downloaded and saved it, will go grab a coffee
      and work my though it.

Alex
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2976839].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author igorGriffiths
        Thanks for the book great read.

I will send it out to my list on the next schedule email.

As a blogger and a bum marketer who intends to move upwards this is a great source of inspiration for me.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2980052].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author emailer
    From the comments it seems like a nice ebook. Thanks for sharing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2983574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author copius
    Hey Intrepreneur,

Thanks for the recommend. I particularly liked the section on vampires and the link to the article hosted on The Onion about the guy that was telling the world that he was going to post a stupid comment on a blog somewhere at exactly 11:30 PM.

For those of you that were more concerned with the emphatic "And" at the very beginning of a sentence ... well ... I just feel that your copious assertions are far too sagacious for my diminuitive comprehension.

"just saying"

All jibber-jabber aside, an excellent read!
    Signature
    Change Your Thinking - Change Your Life! Yeah, Really!

Mind Method Help
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2983912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Reindeer
    Thanks - Prett nice read. I know people who sell 1/4 of this e-book and charge $47
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2994815].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Banned
      What an exellently written and inspirational ebook. It definitely felt nice not to be sold to for once. Now obviously this will detract some people because its not a magic button, but it has certainly given me some good ideas on how to intelligently manage my business.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3069136].message }}

Trending Topics