Public Domain - "Think and Grow Rich!"

26 replies
For those that have never read this book, now is your chance.

Think and Grow Rich! by Napoleon Hill - Free eBook

Just click on the link and once there, go to the download button on the right and choose PDF and choose "Run" or "Save."

Hope you enjoy this classic "THIRTEEN PROVEN STEPS TO RICHES"
by Napolean Hill.

Cheers and Merry Christmas
Carey
P.S. This is a great reading site. I read at least one a week.
#domain #public #think and grow rich
  • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Chris Kent View Post

I've read it many times. It did nothing for me.
    No der. It's a book, not a push button system. If you expect to get results, then you need to take action.

I've read it, but never tried it. I have no doubt that it works, as it leverages our most powerful assets: our minds.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2991584].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dan Bainbridge

Hmm... why read it many times then?

I love it. Read it when I first started my online business ventures over 3 years ago, and I still use some principles from it to this day and 100% believe that they have helped me to become more successful (of course you only live 1 life and I'd never fully know what would of happened without it ), and I do recommend this book to people.

Imo you should read it and just take the bits that apply to you out, use what you can... you don't have to apply it all... at least even though I love the book the last few chapters are a bit "far out" for me
    Signature

Hypnosis Affiliate Program Pays 50% + $20 Join BONUS
    Real Subliminal Messages Pays 35% (world's largest subliminal site)
    SubliminalMP3s.com Pays 75%

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2991886].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Don Schenk
    There are two versions of the book. One is in the public domain, and the other has had its copyright renewed by the Napoleon Hill Foundation. I am not sure what the difference is.

If you google the Napoleon Hill Foundation, you will find a section on their website in which they distill the principles Hill taught. On the site it is called "The Success Scrolls."

You have to hunt a little to find it, but it gives you a good condensation of what Hill was all about, and is well worth looking for.

:-Don
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2992077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danielp310
    Great book..

Some people think that just because they read a book it is going to have a magical effect on their lives...but the magical effect happens when you put into action the things that the book has taught you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2992115].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2992144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Don Schenk

I see no evidence for it working. It's more like faith or religion or some other belief system.

That said, there is a huge following of it, people keep raving about it. Just like a person raving about his or her own belief system.

Hi Chris,

When I first read T&GR some 30+ years ago, I too found it a disappointment. From seeing its title, I expected it to tell me exactly what to think or how to think if I wanted to be rich. I expected to find the formula to riches in it - steps 1, 2, 3, etc.

It didn't give me that. It didn't give me what I expected.

I would hear others comment about how good the book was for them, and I just didn't get it. I re-read the book, and found a few gems in it I could use.

Then some years later I came across a set of audio cassettes of the book, as I recall Hill actually presented a lot of the material himself. I caught a few more gems from those recordings.

I find the book to be a motivational book rather than a "how too" book. And during the many years since Hill wrote it, there have been thousands of other motivational books come on the market. They make T&GR seem a little dated... maybe even a lot dated.

Hill's attitude toward women and toward people of any race different than his, was quite condecending, no longer politically correct, and again out of date. He was just plain wrong, but I suspect that was what he was raised to believe.

The basic ideas of setting a goal, keeping your mind on it, and taking action in T&GR are valid, and in many cases this would have been the first book people would have read about those concepts. Many other, and often better, books have been written about those topics in the time since T&GR.

:-Don
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2992238].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lee Wilson

Hey Don,

You know, I forgot many of those positive aspects of the book that you mention, how to really go about a goal and achieve it etc.

I just find the whole concept of Law of Attraction (this book and also "The Secret" etc.) to be annoying when some describe it as "the truth" or "fact" or similar. When it is just a belief system, with no evidence that it actually works.

Strip that stuff out of the book and I think it would be a true classic.
    It's funny how people get different things out of it. Perhaps it's the expectations you start with or something. I never interpreted any of it to be about Law of Attraction and all that mysterious nonsense that the mere act of belief will make things magically happen.

For me, it was about inspiration and I got about ten years worth of that compacted into about a month. I was on fire when I first read that book and within a month or two I had probably doubled my income. Not for any other reason than the immense inspiration I got made me unstoppable. Unfortunatley, it wore out, I need to read it again. And that is what I think the "secret" is.

These highly successful people just have an unstoppable energy which is fuelled by immense belief in what they are doing. Without that belief, the persistence becomes tiring. If you keep that belief going then things happen because of you, not some magical law of attraction. I think if you can look at it this way, you will get a lot more out of the book.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2992430].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeskola

I see no evidence for it working. It's more like faith or religion or some other belief system.

That said, there is a huge following of it, people keep raving about it. Just like a person raving about his or her own belief system.
    Nothing happens just by reading it.

The secret it mentions in it is quite an obvious one, and if you go with it is very simple and very powerful.

It simply is about having a dream and chasing it no matter how many times you fail.

Never give up and you will succeed.

That's it!

You read similar philosophies here on this forum - people saying start right now, no matter how small a step you take towards your end goal, JUST DO SOMETHING - if that is simply buying a domain name or emailing an authority in your niche, that tiny step will snowball into something much bigger and if your hearts in it will gain you momentum.

Dave Ramsey talks about a similar thing in his books about getting out of debt - being Gazelle intense.

It's all about hunger. How much do you want something. Are you willing to burn all your bridges to achieve that goal, can you make it your focus in life, a burning desire to succeed that nothing will stop.

IF you have this attitude in your mind then you have already won.

I was never one to believe in self help books, mystical secrets to wealth and have no belief in god. But this book opened my eyes to just how powerful our mind is and just how much control we have over own life.

Far too many people sit back and wait for life to happen, spend their life waiting for the right chain of events, person or job to come along. Some get lucky... but in reality NOTHING works like that. What this book taught me was to get out there and MAKE life happen for ME. The sky is truly the limit, the world is a big place... absolutely anything is possible with the right mindset, and this book teaches that.

At least that is what i got from it!
    Signature

Don't look to MAKE money - look to HELP people and you will make all the money you can ever want.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2992559].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FalseRiver
    I don't really like the title. Sounds fishy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2992564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dan Bainbridge

When it is just a belief system, with no evidence that it actually works.

Strip that stuff out of the book and I think it would be a true classic.
    ^ Agreed! It is just beliefs, and whatever inspires you is a great thing... I agree though that if the book was half the size and only contained the practical steps and methods he advises, and also the examples of successful people and how they think... I think it would be equally as good.... FOR ME at least.... These are the bits I found useful rather than the chapters near the end of the book...

But maybe it's like "long copy" i.e. no one likes long copy, no one reads the full sales page, no one benefits from all of the info on there... but long copy sales pages work so well as we can scan for the info we want, and take from it what we need... probably why this book was so successful was because it caters to spiritual and "practical" (just not sure what the alternative word is here...) people.

Each can take what they need from the book, put it into action and get results.
    Signature

Hypnosis Affiliate Program Pays 50% + $20 Join BONUS
    Real Subliminal Messages Pays 35% (world's largest subliminal site)
    SubliminalMP3s.com Pays 75%

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2993975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author malpha
    Sweet thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2998016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kkoechel
    Originally Posted by Careygee View Post

For those that have never read this book, now is your chance.

Think and Grow Rich! by Napoleon Hill - Free eBook

Just click on the link and once there, go to the download button on the right and choose PDF and choose "Run" or "Save."

Hope you enjoy this classic "THIRTEEN PROVEN STEPS TO RICHES"
    by Napolean Hill.

Cheers and Merry Christmas
    Carey
    P.S. This is a great reading site. I read at least one a week.
    this is still under copyright in the US. Does your site host from Canada?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2998022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BidSync
    haven't read it yet. Will try it out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2999776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adam98
    Nice e book..Good info put here..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3003131].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lotsofsnow
      That's a great book!
      Signature

Call Center Fuel - High Volume Data
      Delivering the highest quality leads in virtually all consumer verticals.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3007242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author greekboy112
    Sweet information!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3033911].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3035508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ahmed-Salah
    great ebook thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Money maker guy
    Great, i like it thanks.
    Signature
    Hi Guys!
    This is my first page: http://hubpages.com/t/22e791
    Take a look....!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3110572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CPAguy1
    thanks for it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3131918].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Aussie_Al
      Its a great book but like Chris said some of the principles are a little "far out" for people just starting out

I would suggest "The Magic of Thinking Big" by David J Schwartz as a more practical guide to handling yourself in business etc
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3131975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lpvr
    It realy is a good book.

Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3158789].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author juicygig
    I've really enjoyed this, thanks for the share.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3279957].message }}

Trending Topics