Missed Fortunes the Darkside of Affiliate Linking Cloaking

7 replies
I wrote a mini report on the importance using some form of link cloaking to protect yourself from commission theft. If you are cloaking your affiliate links good for you, if not you need too. Included are a couple free options for cloaking / redirecting your associate links.

Beware if you use the wrong link cloaking system you might as well not cloak at all.

No opt in - Hope you like it -

http://www.bestdayplanner.com/recommends/MissedFortunesWF
#affiliate #cloaking #darkside #fortunes #link cloaking #linking #links #missed #redirects
  • Profile picture of the author MC-356
    Hi,
    Thanks! That is good and very important advice. More people need to know this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3309316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ray777
    Where is the report? Your link seems broken
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3314560].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dpepper
      Hi ray777,

Thanks for pointing that out. I clicked on the link and it went straight to the report, the Warrior Forum is using some sort of redirection and if it won't save (right click) the file to your computer it goes to a .htm page.

So click on the link, once the report comes up you can save it to your computer thru Adobe.

I'm going to edit the post that should help

Sincerely,
      Dolores
      Signature

Dolores Pepper
      .................................................. ..............

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3335970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pockett
    cool thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3389393].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarketingTorch
    Easy Redirect Script ... interesting. Yet another link cloaker I hadn't heard of before. Looks like it has an annual fee of $77, or at least, access to upgrades only lasts a year. It doesn't appear to support dynamic link cloaking however, which is a feature I need for sites with mega-content and dynamically generated aff links. Good to know about what's out there though, so thank you for sharing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3483451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Digital Info Diva
    Originally Posted by dpepper View Post

I wrote a mini report on the importance using some form of link cloaking to protect yourself from commission theft. If you are cloaking your affiliate links good for you, if not you need too. Included are a couple free options for cloaking / redirecting your associate links.

Beware if you use the wrong link cloaking system you might as well not cloak at all.

No opt in - Hope you like it -

http://www.bestdayplanner.com/recommends/MissedFortunesWF
    Dolores - I was looking to replace the software I've been using for 5 years. It's good, but difficult to use. The software you recommended is just what I was looking for and has people supporting it that I trust.

Thanks sooooo much!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4467043].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dpepper
      Digital Info Diva,

Yes it has Jason Fladlien and William Matthos (hope I spelled their names right!) behind the product plus it has QR codes which are seen more and more.

Sincerely,
      Dolores
      Signature

Dolores Pepper
      .................................................. ..............

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4467119].message }}

Trending Topics